Is this Eva-06

Discussion of the new series of Evangelion movies ( "Evangelion Shin Gekijōban", meaning "Evangelion: New Theatrical Edition"). The final instalment made its debut in Japan on March 8, 2021.

Moderators: Rebuild/OT Moderators, Board Staff

Forum rules
By visiting this forum, you agree to read the rules for discussion.
Sachi
Oh Daddy!
Oh Daddy!

•      
  •      

Postby Sachi » Wed Jul 07, 2010 2:56 am

View Original Postmastervampire wrote:So is that lillith?

Lilith is on the cross in Nerv. Unless Webuild plans on pulling the same stunt they did in NGE by saying it's something else at the last minute, I'm pretty inclined to think that the giant on the moon is not Lilith.
- Sachi

I host the discord server for the EvaGeeks forums. Join us! https://discord.gg/aBQ3F6M9yp

Eva 02
Clockiel
Clockiel

•      
  •      

Postby Eva 02 » Wed Jul 07, 2010 3:13 am

That's Mark-06 without a shadow of a doubt. You can see they are putting on the helmet or it is in position either way. Kawarou is sitting on the hand, and theres another scene where it shows its whole body - as you can see they're equipping the Eva with its armor/restraints. The dialog between Gendou and Fuyutsuki suggest it as well. They are in the dark about its production, noting that SEELE is doing it on purpose to foil betrayal. The line "This is confirmation enough" is... well... confirmation enough. :sweatdrop:

As a disclaimer, we ultimately do not know anything untill we see Q.
Mikoroshi Tou Kara Zutto

gwern
Ireul
Ireul

•      
  •      

Postby gwern » Mon Oct 04, 2010 10:14 pm

View Original PostNemZ wrote:I thought there was a shot somewhere that suggested they were all killed... no idea where that happens though.

Not to rain on your parade, but Touji & Kensuke almost surely didn't die (except obviously when everyone Tangified).

Olivier Hague, when he wasn't busy with the live action or the 2 cut endings, told us about a cut scene where Kensuke/Touji say farewell to Shinji before SEELE ships them off to Germany. M/Bochan_bird refound it later and translated it:

http://eva.onegeek.org/pipermail/evangelion/2003-November/000714.html

PAGE 508

Cut 37
Sound:
Touji: I don't know why, but we're all going to Germany.
Kensuke (not taking eye from camera): That's right -- tomorrow. It doesn't seem to be an evacuation, though...
Description/Notes:
- Distant shot
Sunlight sparkles off glass shards.
Severely damaged school building -- Debris scattered over court.
Touji dribbles slowly and prepares to shoot at end of cut.

As Bochan_bird notes, it's fun speculating why Germany, since Kensuke & Touji have zero connection with it - but Germany is prominent as the most active other NERV base and the apparent home of the Mass Production EVAs...

(Of course, with Rebuild apparently completely cutting out the mother-soul-core paradigm, this has little relevance to Rebuild.)

jojojoker
Adam

•      
  •      

Postby jojojoker » Tue Oct 05, 2010 6:31 am

Makes me wonder how the original white giant turned to THAT colour.

SPOILER: Show
[/quote]
I'm quite alright; quite fit
Omniscient Council Of Vagueness: SEELE

qu4d
Sandalphon
Sandalphon

•      
  •      

Postby qu4d » Tue Oct 05, 2010 8:04 am

It was covered in a huge white blanket

Lonecow12
Sachiel
Sachiel

•      
  •      

Postby Lonecow12 » Tue Oct 05, 2010 10:26 am

Alright I hate to go sequel theory. But I was trying to figure out why the Mark 6 has a giant hole in its head, and I instantly thought back to EoE, where Unit 2 gets a lance copy straight to the face. The other hole the lance would make could be covered by the blindfold, which would mean Mark 6 isn't NGE unit 1 or Lilith but Soryu's Unit 02.

I put no real faith behind this theory, it was just the first thing that came to me. lol

Natsuka_Chie
Shamshel
Shamshel

•      
  •      

Postby Natsuka_Chie » Tue Oct 05, 2010 10:40 am

If I'm not mistaken, Unit 02 was hit in the left side if her head.
Asuka's not a bitch, she just denies her innocence in a bitchy way.
Sites I'm in: Deviantart|XFire
Quotes:
"Yesterday, I had the most TERRIFYIN' experience! ...Last night, I was all alone in my room... when outta nowhere... CAME THE SMELL OF A FART THAT WASN'T MINE!"
"The things I possess are my life and soul. I'm a vessel for my heart"
"God isn't home. He's on vacation at Vegas."

"Don't forget. Always, somewhere, someone is fighting for you. As long as you remember them, you're not alone."

Rodeo
Ramiel
Ramiel

•      
  •      

Postby Rodeo » Tue Oct 05, 2010 10:46 am

View Original PostLonecow12 wrote:Alright I hate to go sequel theory. But I was trying to figure out why the Mark 6 has a giant hole in its head, and I instantly thought back to EoE, where Unit 2 gets a lance copy straight to the face. The other hole the lance would make could be covered by the blindfold, which would mean Mark 6 isn't NGE unit 1 or Lilith but Soryu's Unit 02.

I put no real faith behind this theory, it was just the first thing that came to me. lol

This is what you're actually seeing though:

Lonecow12
Sachiel
Sachiel

•      
  •      

Postby Lonecow12 » Tue Oct 05, 2010 10:48 am

View Original PostNatsuka_Chie wrote:If I'm not mistaken, Unit 02 was hit in the left side if her head.

Yeah looks like you are probably right, or at least it's right in the middle:

Poor Unit 02. She has taken some abuse in both versions. :asuka_sad:

JoeD80
Gaghiel
Gaghiel

•      
  •      

Postby JoeD80 » Tue Oct 05, 2010 4:03 pm

View Original Postgwern wrote:(Of course, with Rebuild apparently completely cutting out the mother-soul-core paradigm

Huh? Gendo referenced Yui being Eva-01 in 2.0.

gwern
Ireul
Ireul

•      
  •      

Postby gwern » Tue Oct 05, 2010 4:35 pm

One Eva does not make a paradigm. 2 might, but there's zero evidence that Kyoko is in 02 currently.

NemZ
Token Misanthrope
Token Misanthrope

•      
  •      

Postby NemZ » Tue Oct 05, 2010 4:40 pm

View Original Postgwern wrote:Not to rain on your parade, but Touji & Kensuke almost surely didn't die (except obviously when everyone Tangified).

I was talking about rebuild. The foibles of EoE's production have nothing whatsoever to do with it.
Rest In Peace ~ 1978 - 2017
"I'd consider myself a realist, alright? but in philosophical terms I'm what's called a pessimist. It means I'm bad at parties." - Rust Cohle
"Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize that half of 'em are stupider than that." - George Carlin
"The internet: It's like a training camp for never amounting to anything." - Oglaf
"I think internet message boards and the like are dangerous." - Anno

gwern
Ireul
Ireul

•      
  •      

Postby gwern » Tue Oct 05, 2010 5:36 pm

And cut scenes from EoE have nothing whatsoever to tell us about Rebuild?

KnightmareX13
Seepage Murid
Seepage Murid

•      
  •      

Postby KnightmareX13 » Tue Oct 05, 2010 5:37 pm

View Original Postgwern wrote:And cut scenes from EoE have nothing whatsoever to tell us about Rebuild?

The cut scenes are pretty useless in Rebuild, unless Rebuild continues after the events in EoE which is still unclear at this point.
"This is for the record. History is written by the victor. History is filled with liars. If he lives, and we die, his truth becomes written - and ours is lost..." -- Cpt. Price
"Damn the torpedoes" -- ADM Farragut
"I have not yet begun to fight!" -- Cpt. John Paul Jones
"Don't be alarmed, we're taking over the ship" -- Cpt. Jack Sparrow
Napalm Sticks to kids ♣ Λ

gwern
Ireul
Ireul

•      
  •      

Postby gwern » Wed Oct 06, 2010 9:31 am

Does 'pretty useless' mean completely useless, devoid of any information on the implicit backstory of how the Evaverse worked?

This is not a hard question, and is one of the basic techniques of interpretation.

Azathoth
Angel
Angel

•      
  •      

Postby Azathoth » Wed Oct 06, 2010 12:02 pm

View Original Postgwern wrote:Does 'pretty useless' mean completely useless, devoid of any information on the implicit backstory of how the Evaverse worked?

This is not a hard question, and is one of the basic techniques of interpretation.

The Evaverse doesn't work the same way in NGE and Rebuild, though. I'd say it's pretty close to completely useless for things that Rebuild hasn't confirmed independently.
Nothing is so valuable that it need not be started afresh, nothing is so rich that it need not be enriched constantly.

KnightmareX13
Seepage Murid
Seepage Murid

•      
  •      

Postby KnightmareX13 » Wed Oct 06, 2010 1:59 pm

View Original Postgwern wrote:Does 'pretty useless' mean completely useless, devoid of any information on the implicit backstory of how the Evaverse worked?

Same as what Azathoth said, the world of NGE and Rebuild are separate entities.
"This is for the record. History is written by the victor. History is filled with liars. If he lives, and we die, his truth becomes written - and ours is lost..." -- Cpt. Price
"Damn the torpedoes" -- ADM Farragut
"I have not yet begun to fight!" -- Cpt. John Paul Jones
"Don't be alarmed, we're taking over the ship" -- Cpt. Jack Sparrow
Napalm Sticks to kids ♣ Λ

NemZ
Token Misanthrope
Token Misanthrope

•      
  •      

Postby NemZ » Wed Oct 06, 2010 2:14 pm

View Original Postgwern wrote:And cut scenes from EoE have nothing whatsoever to tell us about Rebuild?

They can't even tell us anything about EoE.

All they can tell us is what the production crew was thinking about along the way, not what the final product means and certainly not what a derivative work several years later has to say, especially when that derivative work seems more focused on selling than telling.
Rest In Peace ~ 1978 - 2017
"I'd consider myself a realist, alright? but in philosophical terms I'm what's called a pessimist. It means I'm bad at parties." - Rust Cohle
"Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize that half of 'em are stupider than that." - George Carlin
"The internet: It's like a training camp for never amounting to anything." - Oglaf
"I think internet message boards and the like are dangerous." - Anno

Lonecow12
Sachiel
Sachiel

•      
  •      

Postby Lonecow12 » Wed Oct 06, 2010 4:03 pm

View Original PostNemZ wrote:They can't even tell us anything about EoE.

All they can tell us is what the production crew was thinking about along the way, not what the final product means and certainly not what a derivative work several years later has to say, especially when that derivative work seems more focused on selling than telling.

Thank God you got your little dig in at the end there. I don't know how I would have gone about my day without it.

Warren Peace
Potential Pilot
Potential Pilot

•      
  •      

Postby Warren Peace » Sun Oct 10, 2010 5:45 am

So awful that Rebuild had to come along and commercialize Evangelion! Selling figurines of Rei and Asuka in maid outfits used to be about the storytelling, Goddammit!

Return to “Rebuild of Evangelion Discussion”