"Father"

Discussion of the new series of Evangelion movies ( "Evangelion Shin Gekijōban", meaning "Evangelion: New Theatrical Edition"). The final instalment made its debut in Japan on March 8, 2021.

Moderators: Rebuild/OT Moderators, Board Staff

Forum rules
By visiting this forum, you agree to read the rules for discussion.
oOoOoOo
Nerv Scientist
Nerv Scientist

•      
  •      

Postby oOoOoOo » Tue Jun 15, 2010 6:11 am

View Original PostTheThirdChild wrote:If you're married, you generally refer to your partner’s parents as mother and father ... I think Kaworu’s getting a bit optimistic about him and Shinji

Eeeee~! As much as I "ship" for Asuka x Shinji, I think... I... yessss. >_>

That's probably wishful thinking, but I still cannot help but wonder at Kaworu's Shinjiphilia. What's it all about? His connections to the human world seem deeper this time around.
~ O-chan is soooo 2D right now.

Monk Ed
Sunshine Administrator
Sunshine Administrator

•      
  •      

Postby Monk Ed » Tue Jun 15, 2010 6:23 am

View Original PostoOoOoOo wrote:Eeeee~! As much as I "ship" for Asuka x Shinji, I think... I... yessss. >_>

We can dream. ...And write fan fiction. Oooh glorious fan fiction....

If only AxSxK were a reasonable outcome :shinji_boohoo: But I just can't see Asuka sharing.

That's probably wishful thinking, but I still cannot help but wonder at Kaworu's Shinjiphilia. What's it all about? His connections to the human world seem deeper this time around.

Have you read that one theory that the pilots are all reincarnations (or something) of the Adams? Maybe Kaworu is the only one who retained his memory of their previous life.
System Administrator
"NGE is like a perfectly improvised jazz piece. It builds on a standard and then plays off it from there, and its developments may occasionally recall what it's done before as a way of keeping the whole concatenated." -- Eva Yojimbo
"To me watching anime is not just for killing time or entertainment, it is a life style, and a healthy one too." -- symbv
"That sounds like the kind of science that makes absolutely 0 sense when you stop and think about it... I LOVE IT." -- Rosenakahara

TheThirdChild
Embryo

•      
  •      

Postby TheThirdChild » Tue Jun 15, 2010 7:01 am

View Original PostoOoOoOo wrote:That's probably wishful thinking

I'm against it as well but we all know how 'persistent' Kaworu is around Shinji. :wink:

This is just a theory but... I think at some point in the third film... They're going to kiss! >_<

View Original PostoOoOoOo wrote:I still cannot help but wonder at Kaworu's Shinjiphilia. What's it all about? His connections to the human world seem deeper this time around.

Absence makes the heart grow fonder ^_^

Sailor Star Dust
Kept you waiting, huh?
Kept you waiting, huh?

•      
  •      

Postby Sailor Star Dust » Sun Sep 26, 2010 8:43 am

Does the 2.22 Script indicate if Kaworu was talking to Fuyutsuki or Gendo? Anything that's mentioned in the scene would be helpful.

View Original PostoOoOoOo wrote:I still cannot help but wonder at Kaworu's Shinjiphilia. What's it all about? His connections to the human world seem deeper this time around.

There's a theory going around that perhaps Kaworu knew Shinji when little, similar to GoS2 manga (Angelic Days) and Gakuen Datenroku (Campus Apocalypse).
~Take care of yourself, I need you~

AuraTwilight
Angel
Angel

•      
  •      

Postby AuraTwilight » Sun Sep 26, 2010 2:56 pm

Does the 2.22 Script indicate if Kaworu was talking to Fuyutsuki or Gendo? Anything that's mentioned in the scene would be helpful.

Next time on Maury: Who is the father?
J_Faulkner, be warned that some of your statements could be construed as ad hominem attacks. -- Priceless, eternal irony

Anno has perfected the side boob --Gendo'sPapa

giuliano
Lilith

•      
  •      

Postby giuliano » Mon Sep 27, 2010 4:14 pm

Possibly relevant. Or not.
http://www.eva-t.jp/products/detail.php?product_id=147
(It's an official design, noticed it in Evangelion Chronicles)
It's GENDO~

Sailor Star Dust
Kept you waiting, huh?
Kept you waiting, huh?

•      
  •      

Postby Sailor Star Dust » Mon Sep 27, 2010 4:42 pm

Actually, it is! Thanks!

エヴァンゲリオンの世界観をアメリカンコミック風に表現したシリーズ。
カヲルがゲンドウに言うセリフ「初めましてお父さん」を英文表記に。

Translation: The worldview of Evangelion is presented as American Comics in this series. Kaworu's words to Gendo "I'm glad to meet you, father." are written in English.
~Take care of yourself, I need you~

qu4d
Sandalphon
Sandalphon

•      
  •      

Postby qu4d » Mon Sep 27, 2010 4:50 pm

That´s great. Thanks for confirmation :)

visionfactory
Lilith

•      
  •      

Postby visionfactory » Mon Sep 27, 2010 4:53 pm

I still wonder how Gendo could hear Kaworu's voice if Kaworu was outside the ship and Gendo inside the ship, considering the fact that Kaworu wasn't screaming

qu4d
Sandalphon
Sandalphon

•      
  •      

Postby qu4d » Mon Sep 27, 2010 4:55 pm

Who says he could hear him?!

Ornette
Administrator
Administrator

•      
  •      

Postby Ornette » Mon Sep 27, 2010 5:44 pm

View Original Postvisionfactory wrote:I still wonder how Gendo could hear Kaworu's voice if Kaworu was outside the ship and Gendo inside the ship, considering the fact that Kaworu wasn't screaming

Or that there is no air in space for sound to propagate. I doubt either of them was able to hear Kaworu.

AuraTwilight
Angel
Angel

•      
  •      

Postby AuraTwilight » Tue Sep 28, 2010 1:44 pm

It's called reading lips, you guys.
J_Faulkner, be warned that some of your statements could be construed as ad hominem attacks. -- Priceless, eternal irony

Killer Bee
Eva Technician
Eva Technician

And by moon air, I mean nothing.

•      
  •      

Postby Killer Bee » Tue Sep 28, 2010 3:34 pm

Did Gendo give any indication that he actually heard/understood what Kaworu said? It's not like Gendo went "Hey, did you hear that Fuyu-chan? He called me daddy."

I'm pretty sure he and Fuyutsuki were just shocked that a person was sitting on the moon breathing nothin' but moon air.

Ornette wrote:Or that there is no air in space for sound to propagate. I doubt either of them was able to hear Kaworu.

Just like there was no air to make Kaworu's hair sway or to hiss as it left his plugsuit at the end. Maybe Kaworu has his own personal atmosphere...

TheThirdChild
Embryo

•      
  •      

Postby TheThirdChild » Tue Sep 28, 2010 4:38 pm

Anyone feel like this is starting to loose all meaning, and that it's just filling up with desperate excuses to justify continuity errors.

Azathoth
Angel
Angel

•      
  •      

Postby Azathoth » Tue Sep 28, 2010 8:15 pm

View Original PostTheThirdChild wrote:Anyone feel like this is starting to loose all meaning, and that it's just filling up with desperate excuses to justify continuity errors.

Welcome to EGF.
Nothing is so valuable that it need not be started afresh, nothing is so rich that it need not be enriched constantly.

BC Baron
Ramiel
Ramiel

Re: And by moon air, I mean nothing.

•      
  •      

Postby BC Baron » Tue Sep 28, 2010 11:35 pm

View Original PostKiller Bee wrote:I'm pretty sure he and Fuyutsuki were just shocked that a person was sitting on the moon breathing nothin' but moon air.

and speaking moonspeak

cd603
Sachiel
Sachiel

•      
  •      

Postby cd603 » Tue Sep 28, 2010 11:57 pm

Is it possible Kaworu was talking to someone else? I mean someone other than Gendo and Fuyutsuk.

Hawq
Lilith

•      
  •      

Postby Hawq » Wed Sep 29, 2010 9:45 am

always possible he was talking to the pilot I guess, though probably wasn't, that'd be a great 'screw you' to fans wouldn't it though? get em wondering which of the important characters he was talking about then turn around & say "it was the shuttle pilot all along lololol"

AuraTwilight
Angel
Angel

•      
  •      

Postby AuraTwilight » Wed Sep 29, 2010 1:54 pm

View Original Postcd603 wrote:Is it possible Kaworu was talking to someone else? I mean someone other than Gendo and Fuyutsuk.

Because the moon has such a high population count. Especially what with his specifically turning to face the two of them.

Defectron
Tentacle Girl
Tentacle Girl

•      
  •      

Postby Defectron » Fri Dec 10, 2010 12:50 pm

Split from another thread.

In rebuild at least I think Fuyutski may have been his donor. The reason is he looks over at the area Gendo and Fuyutski are and says father. Now most people would assume he was talking to Gendo, but think about it, he looks more like Fuyu then he does Gendo.
Parasite Galaxy: An experimental webcomic

http://www.parasitegalaxy.com/ Updates Monday and Thursday. Vote for me on top webcomics

If you want to support this comic buy something from me on amazon

Return to “Rebuild of Evangelion Discussion”