What anime are you watching right now? Feb-Dec 2010

Old sticky threads from different subfora are preserved here for easy reference

Moderators: Rebuild/OT Moderators, Board Staff

Mr. Tines
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Mr. Tines » Sun Sep 19, 2010 12:49 pm

View Original PostInstrumentalityOne wrote:Doesn't she remind of you a certain someone?
http://archive.foolz.us/a/thread/40431140/ ?
Reminder: Play nicely <<>> My vanity publishing:- NGE|blog|Photos|retro-blog|Fanfics &c.|MAL|𝕏|🐸|🦣

InstrumentalityOne
Strawberries & Peaches
Strawberries & Peaches

Postby InstrumentalityOne » Sun Sep 19, 2010 12:59 pm

My thread

80% of all posts were samefagged.

NatTheWriter
Lilith

Postby NatTheWriter » Sun Sep 19, 2010 8:22 pm

Paranoia Agent, episode 9.

Gah. Obnoxious gossipy hens.

EDIT:

On the topic of 4chan, is anyone else having problems with /a/ loading? I keep getting the same page with the banner of Ninamori in a green hat and threads about Raildex, power levels, Strike Witches, Mitsudomoe, and some image macro about how "It CAN Be Helped".

Sailor Star Dust
Kept you waiting, huh?
Kept you waiting, huh?

Postby Sailor Star Dust » Sun Sep 19, 2010 8:42 pm

I just finished watching Azumanga Daioh (it's one of those shows were I watched up until the middle of it then wasn't able to properly finish until recently. Although I read the whole manga sometime ago). I think in some ways I prefer the manga to the anime regarding comedic timing, but both are excellent in their own ways, of course.

What next? Not exactly sure... Maybe Nadia. First I'd probably finish up Ninja Nonsense (it's hilarious so far!) and Marmalade Boy (similar to Azumanga Daioh, I read the manga, I just never finished watching the show) though.
~Take care of yourself, I need you~

InstrumentalityOne
Strawberries & Peaches
Strawberries & Peaches

Postby InstrumentalityOne » Mon Sep 20, 2010 6:40 am

View Original PostNatTheWriter wrote:Paranoia Agent, episode 9.

Gah. Obnoxious gossipy hens.

EDIT:

On the topic of 4chan, is anyone else having problems with /a/ loading? I keep getting the same page with the banner of Ninamori in a green hat and threads about Raildex, power levels, Strike Witches, Mitsudomoe, and some image macro about how "It CAN Be Helped".

status.4chan.org

Posting is disabled.

child of Lilith
Celestial Serendipity
Celestial Serendipity

Postby child of Lilith » Mon Sep 20, 2010 9:22 pm

Watched episode 12 of Occult Academy. Awesome episode was awesome. I was worried they might mess things up but they pulled it off in epic fashion. I can't wait for the final episode.
SPOILER: Show
Everthing was still fucked in the future so I really want to see how they plan on explaining that.
"Let the right one in. Let the old dreams die. Let the wrong ones go. They cannot do, what you want them to do."- Morrissey, Let the Right One Slip In

"Happy people can be so cruel"- Claudia, Silent Hill 3

"everlasting, true love, I am yours"- Rule of Rose

Xard
Banned

Postby Xard » Tue Sep 21, 2010 7:07 am

Holy shit ep 12 kicked some serious ass. Awesome! Dynamic duo got down to sum asskicking too which crowned it.

Win

As for the ending...
Bunmei is the Key.

At least that is what I suspect

Ornette
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Ornette » Tue Sep 21, 2010 11:32 am

View Original PostXard wrote: As for the ending...
Bunmei is the Key.

At least that is what I suspect

That's the only way for it to make sense without them pulling something retarded-timeline-related-bs. The only problem I see with that is, wasn't she supposed to imagine destroying the object she's taking a picture of?

child of Lilith
Celestial Serendipity
Celestial Serendipity

Postby child of Lilith » Wed Sep 22, 2010 1:15 am

Just finished Dance In The Vampire Bund. The first half was terrible yet the second half was great. I can't think of another show that managed to pull off such a complete turn around. I'm really glad I decided to give it one last shot before dropping it.
"Let the right one in. Let the old dreams die. Let the wrong ones go. They cannot do, what you want them to do."- Morrissey, Let the Right One Slip In

"Happy people can be so cruel"- Claudia, Silent Hill 3

"everlasting, true love, I am yours"- Rule of Rose

toe mash
Nerv Scientist
Nerv Scientist

Postby toe mash » Wed Sep 22, 2010 10:47 am

View Original Postchild of Lilith wrote:I can't think of another show that managed to pull off such a complete turn around.

Actually...I think all of us here know such a series... :chuckles:

On topic:

I watched The Girl Who Leapt Through Time (wait, why is firefox correcting "leapt"? I thought...Oh nevermind)

It was entertaining and had a few nice twists and surprises, but I was expecting a lot more out of it given the praise it gets and whatnot. But still totally worth watching, and the time leap sequences are incredible.

A lot of the times how the characters looked during a scene really reminded me of another anime I watched, but it took me a while to realize that they look extremely fucking similar to the characters in Tetsuwan Birdy Decode.
A quick search in MAL reveals this guy. Hah! I knew it!

Actually I don't like his style, i.e no detail at all on the characters until they are right in front of the "camera", but whatever. At least it's recognizable.

InstrumentalityOne
Strawberries & Peaches
Strawberries & Peaches

Postby InstrumentalityOne » Wed Sep 22, 2010 10:53 am

View Original Posttoe mash wrote:A quick search in MAL reveals this guy. Hah! I knew it!

Yeah, I just watched The Girl Who Leapt Through Time the other day too.
It was okay.

He was the guy who did BECK?
(His clothes don`t fold, apparently.)

Hot damn.

That anime was BAD.
The manga was awesome though.

Toe mash, do you know who did the character design for The Girl Who Leapt Through Time?

A few cornerstones:

http://halcyonrealms.com/blogpics/swars01.jpg
http://liveactionanime.org/wp-content/u ... h-time.jpg
http://phantasymanga.com/wp-content/upl ... lion_2.jpg

Xard
Banned

Postby Xard » Wed Sep 22, 2010 11:14 am

>not liking Ryo-timo/Ryoochimo

lolwut. That dude is one of the best animators around when it comes to dynamic camera movement.

this is some great animation

Don't understand what's not to like about it

InstrumentalityOne
Strawberries & Peaches
Strawberries & Peaches

Postby InstrumentalityOne » Wed Sep 22, 2010 12:35 pm

Go and watch Beck, the anime.

The proportions are messed up, the characters have no shading or depth and the clothes don´t fold, but the rest is kind of okay, I guess.

Xard
Banned

Postby Xard » Wed Sep 22, 2010 12:40 pm

According to MAL he did key animation on eps 2, 3, 4, 7, 22, 24

I have no idea why you'd pin Beck's failures or whatever on one key animator who worked only on few eps

InstrumentalityOne
Strawberries & Peaches
Strawberries & Peaches

Postby InstrumentalityOne » Wed Sep 22, 2010 12:44 pm

View Original PostXard wrote:According to MAL he did key animation on eps 2, 3, 4, 7, 22, 24

I have no idea why you'd pin Beck's failures or whatever on one key animator who worked only on few eps

I only watched ep 21-24 because I already read the manga and I just wanted to see how they handled the Greatful sound festival with sound.

The animation was downright terrible.

Xard
Banned

Postby Xard » Wed Sep 22, 2010 12:48 pm

View Original PostInstrumentalityOne wrote:I only watched ep 21-24 because I already read the manga and I just wanted to see how they handled the Greatful sound festival with sound.

The animation was downright terrible.

I've not seen Beck so I can't comment but why do you think it's this guy's fault? There are numerous key animators usually working on a single episode. Not to mention animation director(s) and director. There are questions of budget etc.

InstrumentalityOne
Strawberries & Peaches
Strawberries & Peaches

Postby InstrumentalityOne » Wed Sep 22, 2010 12:55 pm

View Original PostXard wrote:I've not seen Beck so I can't comment but why do you think it's this guy's fault? There are numerous key animators usually working on a single episode. Not to mention animation director(s) and director. There are questions of budget etc.

I don´t think it´s entirely this guys fault, but a key animator DOES have a pretty big influence on the animation.

But BECK was made by FREAKING MADHOUSE.

MADHOUSE.

toe mash
Nerv Scientist
Nerv Scientist

Postby toe mash » Wed Sep 22, 2010 2:34 pm

View Original PostInstrumentalityOne wrote:Toe mash, do you know who did the character design for The Girl Who Leapt Through Time?

Is there someone who doesn't? It was fairly obvious from the first time I saw a picture from it, being an NGE fan and all. Also I bought his artbook which features a couple of nice drawings of TGWLTT.

InstrumentalityOne wrote:But BECK was made by FREAKING MADHOUSE.

MADHOUSE.

Even an incredible studio like Madhouse can't do much when their show has a shoestring budget really.

Xard wrote:>not liking Ryo-timo/Ryoochimo

lolwut. That dude is one of the best animators around when it comes to dynamic camera movement.

this is some great animation

Don't understand what's not to like about it

First of all, it's mainly a personal matter of taste I guess.

My main problem with the animation in Birdy/TGWLTT is how it only looks good in short bursts of the big fights, and mainly when in .gif format. i.e his style looks good during quick, fast paced scenes, but I find it a pain to look at when it's just a regular calm scene. I find it really weird when a character has no facial features, at all, then when he's close to the screen suddenly a pair of eyes pop, and then a mouth etc.

Look at the video you linked - Most of it is just the fightan scenes, or real close up characters.

InstrumentalityOne
Strawberries & Peaches
Strawberries & Peaches

Postby InstrumentalityOne » Wed Sep 22, 2010 3:11 pm

Also, on a side note:

Makoto´s teacher´s VA is...

GENDO IKARI´s VA.

You didn´t see that coming, didn´t ya?

NatTheWriter
Lilith

Postby NatTheWriter » Wed Sep 22, 2010 3:44 pm

Watching episode two of K-On!. Might as well give it another chance. ._.

"She's gentle, fluffy, and cute."

...?

Return to “Old Stickies”