Favorite Video Games

Discussions about non-Evangelion related video games, board games, card games and gaming in general.

Moderators: Rebuild/OT Moderators, Board Staff

Heidroch
Lilith

•      
  •      

Postby Heidroch » Mon Oct 31, 2005 4:59 pm

I feel your pain, Titus. A few of my past experiences have turned me too into a somewhat bitter person. You have msn messenger? We can get trashed as we reminisce on past memories. Cheers!

Titus
Tokyo-3 Resident
Tokyo-3 Resident

•      
  •      

Postby Titus » Mon Oct 31, 2005 5:10 pm

"I say Evamonkey did it himself. After seeing that Titus had more Eva images than him, he was driven into a fit of jealousy that led him to set this up in the hope of infecting everyone with a trojan that automatically rooted through their harddrives and sending him any images he didnt already have." - Space Penis
"some of the most intelligent people I know are complete fuck ups, and some of the less intelligent ones are incredibly interesting and promising." - The Eva Monkey
"Titus I love you!" - Zugzwang
"TITUS + ADSL = Disaster" - Timesplitter 01

Hand of God
Tunniel
Tunniel

•      
  •      

Postby Hand of God » Mon Oct 31, 2005 6:24 pm

I love play the resident evil series espacially resident evil 4, also the legend of zelda the twilight princess, I can't wait for it
the world is just a sick and twisted place

superdoughboy4
Sandalphon
Sandalphon

•      
  •      

Postby superdoughboy4 » Tue Nov 01, 2005 6:24 pm

Nobody that's a Zelda fan can.

Oh yeah.
My other games.

PS:
Final Fantasy VII
Final Fantasy VIII
Final Fantasy IX
MegaMan X# [I like all of them.]
Soul Reaver
Twisted Metal III
Need for Speed: Porsche Unleashed

Six Winged Angel
Gaghiel
Gaghiel

•      
  •      

Postby Six Winged Angel » Sat Nov 05, 2005 2:21 pm

favorite games huh?

1) Final Fantasy VII

2) Xenogears

3) Final Fantasy VI

and a bunch of other games with the best being ffII, ffVIII, ffX, ffXI, Chrono Trigger, mgs:TS, mgs2, mgs3, soul calibur II and many more

:)
~But someday you will come to understand that on your back, there are wings with which you can fly on the distant future.

MongolSquad
Matarael
Matarael

•      
  •      

Postby MongolSquad » Sat Nov 05, 2005 6:08 pm

I wish they would make a Zone of the Enders 3 already. Zone of the Enders 2: The Second Runner has a special place in my heart. Kojima needs to stop whoring Solid Snake like 5 cents prostitute.

Oh, and how can I forget Katamari and Ace Combat 4 & 5. I loved the presentation in Ace Combat 4, I haven't played a game since then that's had such a rich and wonderfully crafted story so creatively told. Ace Combat 5's game play is better, but the story is falling into cliches (I haven't finished it yet). I personally can't wait for Okami to be released and maybe I'll pick up Ico whenever I see it.

Cetra
Embryo

•      
  •      

Postby Cetra » Sun Nov 06, 2005 2:48 am

Err, recent favorites (ones that I've been playing) are:
Halo, Halo 2
Ninja Gaiden
Fable
FFs VII-XI (excluding X-2)
WoW
Shadow of the Colossus

Titus
Tokyo-3 Resident
Tokyo-3 Resident

•      
  •      

Postby Titus » Sun Nov 06, 2005 9:28 am

Jedi Outcast, Acedamy, and the origenal dark forces 2
"I say Evamonkey did it himself. After seeing that Titus had more Eva images than him, he was driven into a fit of jealousy that led him to set this up in the hope of infecting everyone with a trojan that automatically rooted through their harddrives and sending him any images he didnt already have." - Space Penis
"some of the most intelligent people I know are complete fuck ups, and some of the less intelligent ones are incredibly interesting and promising." - The Eva Monkey

Space Penis
Lilin
Lilin

•      
  •      

Postby Space Penis » Sun Nov 06, 2005 4:55 pm

Heidroch wrote:So, who here has played F.E.A.R.?

I've just played it, spoiler free, at night, lights out, with the stereo headphones blasting. Very creepy way to play it!
I must say it is one of the better games I have played, just because I feel the supernatural elements in it were done right; with their "less is more" approach.

The sequal is going to be about a splinter group called T.E.R.R.O.R.

Cookie for the reference ;)
Tell me, is something eluding you, sunshine?
Is this not what you expected to see?
If you wanna find out what's behind these cold eyes
You'll just have to claw your way through this disguise!

Titus
Tokyo-3 Resident
Tokyo-3 Resident

•      
  •      

Postby Titus » Mon Nov 07, 2005 8:32 am

Does anybody know where i can download pre-made Asuka models for Jedi knights 2 and 3? I'm to lazy to make my own + my PC is busted...

ferrarimanf355
Sachiel
Sachiel

•      
  •      

Postby ferrarimanf355 » Fri Nov 11, 2005 10:07 pm

I pretty much play old arcade games, the stuff you'd find on classic arcade compilations like Capcom Classics Collection, Midway Arcade Treasures, Taito Legends, Atari Anthology, and the like. I just got the Atari Flashback 2 plug-and-play: it's like an Atari 2600, but with 40 games built in. If you're an Atari geek, this is well worth the $30. I also like fighters (I'm more partial to the 2D fighters myself- don't know why...) and of course, racing games.
Right now, I'm playing Midway Arcade Treasures 3. It's worth the money just for Hydro Thunder and San Francisco Rush 2049.
Right now, I'm waiting for the Xbox 360, so I can get my hands on what's going to become the best game ever made: Project Gotham Racing 3. November 22nd can't come fast enough... 8)
http://www.projectgothamracing3.com
myspoonistoobigmyspoonistoobigmyspoonistoobig... I am a banana!

Heidroch
Lilith

•      
  •      

Postby Heidroch » Mon Jan 30, 2006 12:40 pm

Has anyone here played Resident Evil 4? I recently bought it on the PS2, and I play it whenever I get the chance(which unfortunately isnt very often).

I think it is a very well done game. It's one of the few games I have ever played that has no slow parts, and every part of the game is very engrossing with unique challenges. And did I mention the replay value this baby packs? Oh man...

Titus
Tokyo-3 Resident
Tokyo-3 Resident

•      
  •      

Postby Titus » Mon Jan 30, 2006 2:15 pm

Dear god.. They made another one?!

0.O

Meanwhile back in the fucking desert(of technology) I'm still patiently waiting for my copy of Star Wars Galaxies... That was supposed to be here by what? 2003? - I get a new email monthly from lucas arts saying..."We're aiming for a spring release date...." Bullshit...!

So until South Africa gets a Galaxies server, Ill be content with my spider solitare

poetic_assassin
Shamshel
Shamshel

•      
  •      

Postby poetic_assassin » Mon Jan 30, 2006 2:30 pm

I just got The Matrix: Path of Neo. Very graphic, and good fighting sequences. Try it.

Heidroch
Lilith

•      
  •      

Postby Heidroch » Mon Jan 30, 2006 5:34 pm

Titus wrote:Dear god.. They made another one?!

Indeed. But here is where the beauty of this game lies: You dont really have to know the RE background stories to play it, because this is a game where a new arc of the RE story begins, more or less.

Case in point: This is the first RE game I have ever played, and not once in the game did I feel lost because they started referencing earlier games.

I recently got word a couple days ago on another forum I'm on that RE4 is being released on PC.

The only problem I would have with it on PC is that aiming with the mouse would make the game too easy. So, I'll just stick to console.

Oh, and Titus: Where the hell have you been!?

jcmoorehead
Leliel
Leliel

•      
  •      

Postby jcmoorehead » Mon Jan 30, 2006 5:47 pm

poetic_assassin wrote:I just got The Matrix: Path of Neo. Very graphic, and good fighting sequences. Try it.

It's a good game i'll give it that, except the ending.

poetic_assassin
Shamshel
Shamshel

•      
  •      

Postby poetic_assassin » Tue Jan 31, 2006 8:55 am

jcmoorehead wrote:
poetic_assassin wrote:I just got The Matrix: Path of Neo. Very graphic, and good fighting sequences. Try it.

Why'd you go and say that?! Now I'm freaked out.

Space Penis
Lilin
Lilin

•      
  •      

Postby Space Penis » Tue Jan 31, 2006 9:33 am

Fable: The Lost Chapters has been eating most of my free time recently.

jcmoorehead wrote:

How can you not love that?

You can't. Unless you're some sort of inhuman monster
Tell me, is something eluding you, sunshine?
Is this not what you expected to see?
If you wanna find out what's behind these cold eyes
You'll just have to claw your way through this disguise!

Titus
Tokyo-3 Resident
Tokyo-3 Resident

•      
  •      

Postby Titus » Sun Feb 05, 2006 4:09 pm

Heidroch wrote:Oh, and Titus: Where the hell have you been!?

I've been going to classes bro, studying art now. Ive had alotta trouble with my computers. I got back from my road trip and found my server and the twinz had been struck by teh lightning. I managed to get em working, but Iv'e lost 140 gigs from the server and the twinz are fried. Oh well. I've also lost my hotmail account, and I just got the adsl workiong again, so al is fair in love and war i guess.

I'm still trying to get the shit up to date and running smoothly, but it's a hassle i'm in no mood for. Worst case scenario, I build a new Server, a better server(I can see a few guys on the forum already swearing at that prospect, sumthing along the lines of, "How the fuck can he upgrade his server?" - easy, with little to no effort and a fuck load of money.). Anyway, I'm still here, somewhere in the dark side of the web and the world for that matter.

Iv'e you wanna chill online, drop me a e-mail(gmail) or private mess, but unless I get shit running smoothly soon(not likely), it'l take 2 days or so to get back to you, so our drinking/buzzin sessions will have to wait for a few days/weeks bro.....

Timesplitter 01
Nerv Scientist
Nerv Scientist

•      
  •      

Postby Timesplitter 01 » Mon Feb 06, 2006 3:21 am

Titus wrote:
Heidroch wrote:Oh, and Titus: Where the hell have you been!?

I've been going to classes bro, studying art now. Ive had alotta trouble with my computers. I got back from my road trip and found my server and the twinz had been struck by teh lightning. I managed to get em working, but Iv'e lost 140 gigs from the server and the twinz are fried. Oh well. I've also lost my hotmail account, and I just got the adsl workiong again, so al is fair in love and war i guess.

I'm still trying to get the shit up to date and running smoothly, but it's a hassle i'm in no mood for. Worst case scenario, I build a new Server, a better server(I can see a few guys on the forum already swearing at that prospect, sumthing along the lines of, "How the fuck can he upgrade his server?" - easy, with little to no effort and a fuck load of money.). Anyway, I'm still here, somewhere in the dark side of the web and the world for that matter.

Iv'e you wanna chill online, drop me a e-mail(gmail) or private mess, but unless I get shit running smoothly soon(not likely), it'l take 2 days or so to get back to you, so our drinking/buzzin sessions will have to wait for a few days/weeks bro.....

(Sorry for sounding rude in the next part but its the truth)

mmmm.... Maybe unplugging them from the power point before you left on your road trip would have helped protect them but that is bad news.

R.I.P. The twinz

Good luck with the Art though, hope ur doing well.
I have too much anime, yet it's not enough. Anime Addict, if it were a drug; I'd be dead.

Return to “Video Games and Gaming”