Eva Action Figures (including Rebuild) [1]

For talking about all other entries in the Evangelion franchise: from the various manga and video games to merchandising and various video/audio releases.

Moderator: Board Staff

Forum rules
By visiting this forum, you agree to read the rules for discussion and abide by them.
Shinies
Tunniel
Tunniel

Postby Shinies » Thu Jul 22, 2010 1:49 pm

I can't help you sorry, but instead can I make a request??? Could you post a bigger size photo of your Eva 01 toys? The one with the damashii, revoltech, kubrick and what I supposse is the chogokin.

Eva 02
Clockiel
Clockiel

Postby Eva 02 » Thu Jul 22, 2010 3:12 pm

I really don't like the Mari figure. I think the best figures come from the Eva's. Not excluding the $200 statues of the characters, talking about those cheap ones that try to look like GI Joes. I'm the biggest defender of "If you try to make a figure look like the anime character, you end up with an Alien-looking mofucka."
Mikoroshi Tou Kara Zutto

SEELE-01
Marduk Selectee
Marduk Selectee

Postby SEELE-01 » Thu Jul 22, 2010 7:47 pm

Damm... I was hoping someone to help me...

By the way...

I finally made another one!
Comments are welcome [ejem... Needed] in the blog...
Visit my Eva-figures Youtube channel!

dedguy
Tunniel
Tunniel

Postby dedguy » Thu Jul 22, 2010 9:31 pm

View Original PostShinies wrote:I can't help you sorry, but instead can I make a request??? Could you post a bigger size photo of your Eva 01 toys? The one with the damashii, revoltech, kubrick and what I supposse is the chogokin.

Don't know if this was aimed at me but I do have this group photo, don't have the SPEC 01 yet, waiting on the re-release.

Killer Bee
Eva Technician
Eva Technician

Mari is not a GI Joe. Are GI Joes pink? No. No they are not.

Postby Killer Bee » Thu Jul 22, 2010 10:32 pm

View Original PostEva 02 wrote:I really don't like the Mari figure. I think the best figures come from the Eva's. Not excluding the $200 statues of the characters, talking about those cheap ones that try to look like GI Joes. I'm the biggest defender of "If you try to make a figure look like the anime character, you end up with an Alien-looking mofucka."

You're weird. :pointlaugh:

insomniac
Shamshel
Shamshel

Postby insomniac » Thu Jul 22, 2010 10:55 pm

View Original Postarael wrote:I'm trying to make a pic (I couldn't find it) of Rei, covered in bandages, waist deep in orange water; with unit 00 kai behind her holding the Lance of Longinus in a scenario similar to that one of the Rei-Armisael contact with a creepy red moon in the (also red) sky... So I need someone to send me a pic of a Fraülein of Rei in a certain pose so that I can do my magic with my unit 00 and Photoshop... Can you inmsomniac (or anyone) help me?

But the first version doesn't have any bandages... (I only have the first version)

evaunit13
Sachiel
Sachiel

Postby evaunit13 » Thu Jul 22, 2010 11:03 pm

View Original Postdedguy wrote:Don't know if this was aimed at me but I do have this group photo, don't have the SPEC 01 yet, waiting on the re-release.

the revoltech is shopped, right?
i want rebuild

dedguy
Tunniel
Tunniel

Postby dedguy » Fri Jul 23, 2010 12:30 am

Yup, that one don't exist. Just PS'd the pink/red bits green.

Shinies
Tunniel
Tunniel

Postby Shinies » Fri Jul 23, 2010 12:17 pm

Thanks for the pic I thought it was someonw else.

I hadn't noticed the shopped revoltech, it actually is the awakened eva 01. Still nice picture, looks awesome, and I asume then that the big 01 is actually the Kaiyodo one pre-revoltech right?

Oh and arael, I don't know what kind of reputation 4chan has here, but if you go to the /toy/ board and ask I'm sure someone could take the photo, is one of the "nicest" so to speak boards in there, and I've seen some people with the figure of Rei you ask. Also nice picture, I assume that is the revoltech 02?

evaunit13
Sachiel
Sachiel

Postby evaunit13 » Fri Jul 23, 2010 2:10 pm

View Original Postdedguy wrote:Yup, that one don't exist. Just PS'd the pink/red bits green.

that looks so convincing.
i want rebuild

Lonecow12
Sachiel
Sachiel

Postby Lonecow12 » Fri Jul 23, 2010 2:14 pm

Hey all, do you think I should buy the RHA Asuka 2.0?

My local anime shop has one and has had one for a while. It's about $189 and I have a $30 gift card there to take off a little bit of the heat.

Asuka is probably my favorite character from anything ever, so I really want it, but I haven't ever paid that much money for one figure before.

Is it worth it? Also do you think I should try and haggle for a cheaper price?

evaunit13
Sachiel
Sachiel

Postby evaunit13 » Fri Jul 23, 2010 2:19 pm

im not into character figures, but the rah line looks incredibly amazing. especially the plug suit ones that cover up the joints. if you really really like it, and dont forsee anything topping that one in a while, then its up to your wallet.
i want rebuild

dedguy
Tunniel
Tunniel

Postby dedguy » Fri Jul 23, 2010 6:41 pm

I really want Shinji and Kaworu but the price for those is nothing even close to justified. They're incredibly simple for 1/6 and come with no accessories. When those are $200 and this can be had for less than $150 I just cannot justify it no matter how much I want them.

SEELE-01
Marduk Selectee
Marduk Selectee

Postby SEELE-01 » Fri Jul 23, 2010 8:59 pm

insomniac: ejem... "do my magic" is not just erase the background, I want the first one because I think I can draw better bandages than the plastic ones of the figure... You can help me ;D

Shinies: Yup, Revoltech #006 TV version of unit 02... I just finished the editing&montage of the first unit 00 (the Revoltech #005)

Shinies
Tunniel
Tunniel

Postby Shinies » Fri Jul 23, 2010 11:34 pm

I'll wait to see how you do the other photos, the figures have potential.

Otakon 08 Ikari
DNA Donor
DNA Donor

Postby Otakon 08 Ikari » Sat Jul 24, 2010 2:54 am

Some real nice figures here, would love to have them.
Dr. Trans Old Fashioned Peppermint Dickables

http://pshbling.deviantart.com/gallery/ Go there for Eva cosplay.

bladerj
Lilin
Lilin

Postby bladerj » Sat Jul 24, 2010 1:58 pm

from what i read you can't really pose the rah without stretching the fabric, wich is lame, so it is just a expensive doll, and like was mentioned before, with no acessory either.
ANATA BAKA !?

SEELE-01
Marduk Selectee
Marduk Selectee

Postby SEELE-01 » Sat Jul 24, 2010 7:13 pm

View Original PostShinies wrote:I'll wait to see how you do the other photos, the figures have potential.

I'm also making unit 04, have the raw drawings of how the other unit's pics will look like, finished the BG for the Eva 00-Rei picture and have ready the BG for the Beast mode unit 02... Just need the pic of the figures to add them...

I have other 8 Evas done in my blog (link below the signature)... In fact, the images like the Unit 02 of above were conceived to be used as desktop pictures... They'll fit in most screens; if not, you can resize them :P

insomniac
Shamshel
Shamshel

Postby insomniac » Mon Jul 26, 2010 1:08 am

View Original Postarael wrote:insomniac: ejem... "do my magic" is not just erase the background, I want the first one because I think I can draw better bandages than the plastic ones of the figure... You can help me ;D

Let me know what pose you're after and I'll help you out. ;)

View Original PostLonecow12 wrote:Hey all, do you think I should buy the RHA Asuka 2.0?

The RAH bodies can be pretty fragile, so if you haven't handled one before, you ought to be very careful when posing with them. I don't know about the bodies used for the Evangelion characters, but sometimes they are known to be brittle and just...snap. It happened to one of my Kamen Rider figures.

And like bladerj said, the fabric rebounds when you try to pose them. (Or the stitching can rip if you're too rough with it)

I don't think the Medicom RAH figures are all that worth it for the price they go for, I'd suggest waiting for a Figma if you want a good Asuka. The upcoming one looks pretty promising, and it comes with the cockpit just like Mari. But I don't care for the slut-suit.

Lonecow12
Sachiel
Sachiel

Postby Lonecow12 » Mon Jul 26, 2010 9:03 am

Cool thanks for all the advice. They sold out at my shop anyway, but I had already talked myself out of it. It is a steep price for really no special features.

I got the Revolotech Asuka and she is really good. Revolotech has really stepped up their Fraulin line. She is actually more posable than the Figma one.

I don't mind the Test suit, but what bothers me with the Figma one, is that we actually never see her in her test suit in the entry plug for more than one minute, and just thinking about that scene makes my stomach churn. If I have her constantly displayed in the seconds before her destruction I might just be depressed all the time. Had she been in her normal red it wouldn't be a problem.

Return to “Everything Else Evangelion”