"I'm calling it right now"

Discussion of the new series of Evangelion movies ( "Evangelion Shin Gekijōban", meaning "Evangelion: New Theatrical Edition"). The final instalment made its debut in Japan on March 8, 2021.

Moderators: Rebuild/OT Moderators, Board Staff

Forum rules
By visiting this forum, you agree to read the Evangelion 3.0 + 1.0 spoiler policy and NOT post any open spoilers outside the password-protected subforum.
Azathoth
Angel
Angel

Postby Azathoth » Sat Jun 26, 2010 4:34 pm

View Original Postberto wrote:Also, in the preview they showed the four shadows in Gendo's offce, everyone seems to assum that it was the four luminecent beens that were in Secornd Impact, but I think that the shadows belong to the four remaining pilots.

I don't know anyone who assumes that directly, seeing as how the shadows clearly belong to people and are accompanied by a statement about the "fated meeting of the Children". Now, one could easily assume that there's some connection between the four Children in question and the four Second Impact Adams, but that's something else entirely.

As for my entries:

-The four pilots are the carriers of the Adams' souls.
-Terminal Dogma crucified marshmallow is...still Lilith. (Mostly because we have no notion of a unified Adam entity so far).
-Lilith was somehow involved in Second Impact, and so was Misato. Kaworu is Lilith's soul in a body derived from Misato somehow, don't ask me how.
-Gendou's plan is no longer to try and bring Yui back; instead, he's simply doing as she instructed him to do. (Unless he already said what his plan was in Rebuild, I can't remember). Therefore, while she puts herself in position to become a godlike being, he is her "eyes on the outside," manipulating things in her favor.
-Kaji kills someone very important at NERV (leaning towards Misato).
-In the last scene, the oceans will go back to being blue. However, the ending will still be sad.
-Gendou dies protecting Shinji. Alternatively, Shinji winds up having to kill Gendou.
-There will be at least one more repetition of the fucking "oh no there is a penguin in this bathroom i guess i had better go expose myself because i am PANICKING, what high comedy this is" scene. Not sure if it's Kaworu or Mari, but it's going to happen.
-There will be rebodied/human Yui at some point.
-Shinji dies, and stays dead.
-Giant Naked Rei shows up again, just like she was in EoE, and dies. Jury's still out on regular Rei.
-There will be a final boss. It will be stupid.
-There will be a "ten years later" epilogue. It will be stupid.
-They will use that terrible, terrible remix of Zankoku na Tenshi no These at some point. It will be beyond stupid.
-Unit 07 already exists and we've seen it before, and it's not a conventional Eva.
-Unit 08 is Lilith (post-liposuction), not Unit 01.
Nothing is so valuable that it need not be started afresh, nothing is so rich that it need not be enriched constantly.

Sailor Star Dust
Kept you waiting, huh?
Kept you waiting, huh?

Postby Sailor Star Dust » Sat Jun 26, 2010 4:41 pm

View Original PostEva 02 wrote:Shinji and Rei will bang.

Personally, the only "banging" I could see happening between them is something along the lines of this.

Besides, we all know that Kaworu or Kaji will get Shinji first before Rei, Asuka, Mari or Misato even have a chance to. :tongue:

View Original PostAzathoth wrote:-Unit 07 already exists and we've seen it before, and it's not a conventional Eva.

Fans seem to like the idea that Mari is Eva-07 to give NME a Diebuster feel to it... Take it or leave it.
~Take care of yourself, I need you~

Marduk
Adam

Postby Marduk » Sat Jun 26, 2010 5:13 pm

- The FAR will reveal themselves and will come to Earth personally to punish Reinji/Shogoki for stepping into their domain.
- Lorenzo Keel is the Pope.
- GNR will rise again from the LCL sea
- Kaworu will kill a kitten.
- Fuyutsuki dies.
- Rit-chan shoots herself in the head.
- More Dakka.
- More Rei-Rei soup
- Final Angel is EoE-Shogoki
- Gendo and Fuyutsuki go to Jerusalem in that scene. They use the Key of Nebuchadnezzar to unleash something that would either save the world or destroy it.
- Long John Asuka has no recollection of anything and will call herself "Asuka Langley Soryu".
- Shinji ragekills the universe in the end.
"Marduk's Law": "As a Rebuild discussion grows longer, the probability of mentioning the Sequel Theory approaches 1."
Anno Peractio: Age of Conclusion

Killer Bee
Nerv Employee
Nerv Employee

Postby Killer Bee » Sat Jun 26, 2010 5:48 pm

Remember when they're talking about Asuka after the Bardiel incident? Something about "They'll keep her, she's too valuable as an experiment now. There might be some contamination." I'm betting Asuka turns out to have some Angel traits, probably some sort of funky laser-eye behind that patch.

sephirotic
Shamshel
Shamshel

Postby sephirotic » Sat Jun 26, 2010 5:50 pm

What i actually wanted to happen:

- Asuka will come back, and pilot a new improved Unit 02.
- Purple Eyed Rei turns out to be a full power Rei reborn with a fruit of life and aware of herself as Lillith reincarnation, she will be super-kick-ass and overpower.
- The four Seeds turn out to be related to Rei, Kaworu, Mari and another yet unscreen character
- Some serious revelations and airtime of the Seeds, maybe themselves appearing and dialoguing about the future of the Earth
- Some major mindfuck and further analysis of Shinji, and Asuka, this time leading closer to a "Happy end"
- Not excessive script-rush, kabalah bullshit and Fight-centered but more and more deep character exploration.

What could actually happen:

- A new powerful organization against Seele with some bonds to Gendou and will appear.
- Shinji will not get out of the Eva till the beggining of the arragements of the 3rd impact in Bethania Base.
- The extraction of Shinji will be related to the capture of NERV and the construction of Eva 08
- Eva 07 is actually a eva for Rei or Rei herself (!!!)
- The four Childs turn out to be: Shinji, Mari, Kaworu and Asuka
- Purple Eyed Rei is the Rei with the Fruit of life, Awakening as Lillith (aware of who she is) and will suppervise all the 3rd Impact process so it is benevolent to the humanking
- Mari will turn out to be from a powerfull organization against seele, and not some cloned Seed descendent.
- Third Impact process will be different of the original series and will not be exclusively Shinji centered in the beggning but revolving all the Four Childrens.
- Kaworu will rebel against Seele intentions and Asuka will envetually try to influence Shinji to her view of a good 3i. Mari will ally with Shinji but with different intentions than Kaworu, who will want exclusively Shinji Happines. Strangely Enough, Rei will not be Kaworu enemy like we see in episode 24.
- There will certainly be some nice Fight in 3.0 before the mindfuck begins and Shinji be rescued. It'll probably involve the return of Asuka and Eva-06 and Eva-08.
- Kaworu won´t die by suicide and will most likely have much more screen time (like half of the first movie).
- Eva 06 is actually Adams body controlled, not a clone
- Eva 07 is actually Lillith's Controlled, not a clone

I've yet to think more about what will happen to the 4 "adams" (most likely, 2 new seeds of life) and what Eva 08 is all about.
-----------------------------------------------------
Re-watching Eva since 1999
-----------------------------------------------------

Monk Ed
Sunshine Administrator
Sunshine Administrator

Postby Monk Ed » Sat Jun 26, 2010 6:30 pm

I call that the scar on Lilith's chest reflects the removal of her core. :lol: ...Hey, if Eva-02 can not tang after core removal...

However, I don't expect confirmation. Somehow I get the feeling that the scar will simply remain a mystery. But I hope I'm wrong about that!
System Administrator
"NGE is like a perfectly improvised jazz piece. It builds on a standard and then plays off it from there, and its developments may occasionally recall what it's done before as a way of keeping the whole concatenated." -- Eva Yojimbo
"To me watching anime is not just for killing time or entertainment, it is a life style, and a healthy one too." -- symbv
"That sounds like the kind of science that makes absolutely 0 sense when you stop and think about it... I LOVE IT." -- Rosenakahara

CATO
Adam

Postby CATO » Sat Jun 26, 2010 8:27 pm

Sephirotic, I should say that what you believe that might actually happen is a hundred times more exciting than what you want to happen. :luigi_dance:
"An Andalusian dog in Paris"

Reichu
Admin Emeritus
Admin Emeritus

Postby Reichu » Sat Jun 26, 2010 10:10 pm

The entire subforum is about calling things first. Pretty much always was. A thread acting as a ghetto for the most ridiculous examples would be nice, IF it could actually be constrained to that purpose. However, there is just too much opportunity for actually relevant conversation to emerge from the anarchy. Potpourri Threads are pure evil, because they're practically impossible to split, and, with tons of topics happening at once, any worthwhile content is quickly buried and a big hassle to dig up later, compared to when they're in threads that are about exactly what they say.

As such, I'm killing this early, and yet again encouraging everyone to use (more) devoted threads as much as possible.
さらば、全てのEvaGeeks。
「滅びの運命は新生の喜びでもある」
Departure Message | The Arqa Apocrypha: An Evangelion Analysis Blog

Return to “Rebuild of Evangelion Discussion”