[Film] Prince of Persia: The Sands of Time

A subforum for discussions about Film, TV, and Videos.

Moderators: Rebuild/OT Moderators, Board Staff

Guyver Spawn
DNA Donor
DNA Donor

[Film] Prince of Persia: The Sands of Time

•      
  •      

Postby Guyver Spawn » Mon May 31, 2010 9:17 pm

I search for this thread, and found nothing. Anyone seen this yet?
Xbox live gamertag: Guyver Spawn 27
PSN: Hellspawn28

Fazmotron
Admin Emeritus :-{|
Admin Emeritus :-{|

•      
  •      

Postby Fazmotron » Mon May 31, 2010 9:44 pm

Yeah, it was entertaining, not much more than that really.
[Became a moderator on August 14th, 2011. Became an administrator on September 7th, 2013.]
--Fazmotron--
A.K.A. - Ryan Farrell
How Chaz sees me.
BobBQ - I find your lack of :-{| disturbing.

FAZMOTRON.com

THE Hal E. Burton 9000
Elder God
Elder God

•      
  •      

Postby THE Hal E. Burton 9000 » Mon May 31, 2010 10:54 pm

so, is it possible that this is the very first movie based on a video game that doesn't totally suck?

I'm asking because I haven't seen it and don't what to be the one to prove this either way
- TEH Fabulous Hal E. Burton 9000

P.S. For those wanting to discuss a matter with yours truly not pertaining to the general topic at hand, PM me. Please and thank you.

Joseph the PRPD
Elder God
Elder God

•      
  •      

Postby Joseph the PRPD » Tue Jun 01, 2010 6:54 am

Some of the people I know have said they enjoyed it.
Cheese wheel in the U.S. Coast Guard.

Guyver Spawn
DNA Donor
DNA Donor

•      
  •      

Postby Guyver Spawn » Wed Jun 02, 2010 2:43 am

I saw the movie a few days ago, and enjoy it. It was a great thrill ride, and a very good popcorn flick. The game did a ok job on telling the story of the games, but I like it. I give it a 3.5/5 in my opinon.
Xbox live gamertag: Guyver Spawn 27
PSN: Hellspawn28

LinkIsMyHero
Embryo

•      
  •      

Postby LinkIsMyHero » Thu Jun 03, 2010 1:17 pm

He used his trademark daggers... once. One time.

Unacceptable.
http://www.bemanistyle.com

Teague
Matarael
Matarael

•      
  •      

Postby Teague » Thu Jun 10, 2010 9:11 pm

Disregarding the games, i thought it was a good movie. not brilliant, but not something I regretted paying for.

I havn't actually played the first game (although I have the second and third), but from what I do know it did seem to play fast and lose with canon. How badly, I really have no idea.
"Don't you touch a hair on that boy's head! Have you no respect? He's mine! Get your own human play-thing, you quartz-brained little creampuff!"- Bernard Black
"Kaji was the most heartbroken and shattered over Kaji's death besides Misato." -AuraTwilight
Self-admitted meme-whore.
Unashamed troper.
O-sensei's House of a Thousand Hearts: Lest We Forget

Natsuka_Chie
Shamshel
Shamshel

•      
  •      

Postby Natsuka_Chie » Fri Jun 11, 2010 12:50 pm

I went to the cinema with few hopes. It wasn't half as bad as I thought, one of the few lately.
Asuka's not a bitch, she just denies her innocence in a bitchy way.
Sites I'm in: Deviantart|XFire
Quotes:
"Yesterday, I had the most TERRIFYIN' experience! ...Last night, I was all alone in my room... when outta nowhere... CAME THE SMELL OF A FART THAT WASN'T MINE!"
"The things I possess are my life and soul. I'm a vessel for my heart"
"God isn't home. He's on vacation at Vegas."

"Don't forget. Always, somewhere, someone is fighting for you. As long as you remember them, you're not alone."

carla
Ireul
Ireul

•      
  •      

Postby carla » Mon Jun 14, 2010 8:36 am

well, i went to see it this weekend and i thought it was pretty darn entertaining. and i don't mean that just because i spent the whole two hours mocking the fact that good ol' jakey does not look persian at all (although that was definitely a factor, lol. :chuckles:) of course i've never played a single prince of persia game, i haven't seen that many movies based on games to begin with, and i always try to school myself to walk into the theatre with zero expectations, so i may not be the best judge for this stuff. i mean, it was jake gyllenhaal, wearing lots of sleeveless clothing, and he wasn't kissing a dude-- the movie could've sucked altogether, and i still would've been entertained. :sweatdrop:

on the other hand, my brother, who has played most (if not all) the prince of persia games, went with me and he seemed to like it well enough. so i'm gonna say it was good, for what it's worth.

i have to say, however, that god, gemma arterton's voice is so grating. ugh, so much. however, i'll forgive that this time, because at least she had better chemistry with jake than she did with sam worthington. (who are we kidding, sam worthington cannot have decent chemistry with a flesh-and-blood person. it's like romancing a rock).
bittersweet ending: episode 24. the angels are gone and mankind is safe... but tokyo-3 has been ruined; Kaji is dead; toji is a cripple; kensuke, hikari, and their families have moved away, taking pen-pen with them; Asuka is catatonic; ritsuko is in prison; Misato is a nervous wreck; Rei is "the third one"; and Shinji is utterly broken psychologically after having to kill the only person who has offered him unconditional love in the course of the whole series. come the movie? don't worry! it gets worse! ~from the source of all wisdom in the world.

kNET | GAW | my graphics | my fanfics | re-deconstruct: the EVA rebuild fanlisting

Return to “Film and Video”