Fig thread #0 [old stuff merged]

For talking about everything else Evangelion: from the various manga and video games to merchandising and video/audio releases.

Moderator: Board Staff

Dartz
Lilin
Lilin

Bandai Unit 01

Postby Dartz » Mon Jun 07, 2010 12:52 pm

Bought this in London, took about 4 days to build. Quite pleased with the results I am, even if the camera's shite. It's the original-series version, not the new movie edition formally known as rebuild version.

It's painted, rather than just using the base plastic colours. I used a darker purple, and a much more neon green to get a nice contrast, rather than the lighter colours used in the original series. The effect is similar to the Rebuild Unit 01, and I really think that looks nice...
-------m(^0^)m------ Wot, no sig?

Sachi
Oh Daddy!
Oh Daddy!

Postby Sachi » Mon Jun 07, 2010 1:05 pm

Huge image is huge, and wrong forum thread is in wrong forum.
- Sachi

I host an unofficial EGF discord server. The usual suspects are here. https://discord.gg/Djzkh8Q

Holy Diver
Armisael
Armisael

Postby Holy Diver » Mon Jun 07, 2010 1:29 pm

Is this the high grade?

I've been doing some gunpla-ing recently and I think I am ready to get the glossy perfect grade Eva as a summer project.
Deus Io Vult! (God wills it!)
"Get your ass in gear!" Asuka

"Catdog has an S2 engine in his stomach. He does not need to eat, and whatever he does eat is reacted with antimatter to provide endless energy." Ruthlessly stolen from anon.

evaunit13
Tunniel

Postby evaunit13 » Tue Jun 08, 2010 3:22 pm

i heard that the perfect grade is ridiculous to get the limbs into the rubber frame, and being the first prefect grade bandai kit, isn't very great compared to modern kits.

i dislike the rubber joints on the eva kits. limits posability, tears, and the plastic joints inside could break. that's what happened to my nge 01, so i cut out the entire elbow and replaced it with some ratcheting lego joint.

for the topic: it looks like it's built well, but the purple, orange, and blue are too dark and glossy imo. makes it look like a knock off. i think it'd look better if it were a more barney-ish purple, but that's just me. other than that good job painting.
i want rebuild

Dartz
Lilin
Lilin

Postby Dartz » Wed Jun 09, 2010 6:32 pm

A chunk of that, is because I wanted the orange and green to stand out, and they were the only colours I could get my hands on. The other chunk, is that I really didn't like the light purple. Most of the gloss, is from the flash.. and a varnish I used to stop the paint being stripped.

I actually think the rubber arms are quite cool... they do limit poseabilty, but the trade off is that they look pretty good on the model. It was an interesting thing for them to do, and so far it hasn't broken.

It is the high grade model... they didn't have a perfect grade one (They didn't have any perfects, actually.. and only a smattering of Masters). I don't normally do gunpla's... normally I build 40k mini's and the like.
-------m(^0^)m------ Wot, no sig?

macrochaos
Lilith

Postby macrochaos » Fri Jun 18, 2010 8:11 pm

View Original Postevaunit13 wrote:what part of the umbilical cable broke? a long time ago the peg that connects to the back of my original 01 broke, so i cut out the base of where it was and superglued a screw in its place. if you paint it it might even look better than before.

My old 00 broke there too, but my awakening ver 01 has a sturdier peg, I dont see it braking any time soon.
Also the eva 00 was the first eva revoltech and the #005 of the line.

SEELE-01
Lilin
Lilin

Postby SEELE-01 » Fri Jun 18, 2010 9:16 pm

Has anyone noticed that Kamina never re-posted after creatignt he thread and never told us what happened with his Eva...?
Visit my Eva-figures blog, Youtube channel and Twitter

bladerj
Armisael
Armisael

Postby bladerj » Fri Jun 18, 2010 11:14 pm

He problably couldnt take the shame of ruining his revoltech and sepakku'ed himself.
Or he is a jerk who just wanted some info to solve his problem.
Or he is quite busy and more of a lurker.
ANATA BAKA !?

Eva 02
Clockiel
Clockiel

Postby Eva 02 » Tue Jul 06, 2010 4:44 pm

On that note, I'm looking for the Kaiyodo Revoltech 076 Evangelion 2.0 Kakusei ver Figure but dont feel like paying $20 in shipping. Anyone know where to get one for $20-30 because Shit Hole, South Texas has nothin.
Mikoroshi Tou Kara Zutto

Killer Bee
Lilin
Lilin

Yes, Amazon.com actually has some Eva stuff.

Postby Killer Bee » Tue Jul 06, 2010 5:31 pm

I got mine from Amazon. It's now $29.99 with free shipping.

Eva 02
Clockiel
Clockiel

Postby Eva 02 » Wed Jul 07, 2010 12:29 am

That'll have to do, much obliged. ^_^
Mikoroshi Tou Kara Zutto

visionfactory
Lilith

No action figure for Lilith?

Postby visionfactory » Sat Aug 28, 2010 4:25 pm

I just wanted to be sure that there is no action figures of Lilith before giving up my search >.<

The most accurate thing I found was this

But I preffer something like this

Help!

Xard
Sex God Bastard
Sex God Bastard

Postby Xard » Sat Aug 28, 2010 4:59 pm

ran1: Oh gosh this sentence gave me an internet boner. You're so tsundere.
Mugwump: Goddamn it, Xard! Take me in your arms, you magnificent sex god bastard!
And don't forget to wear the Ran mask.
Eva Yojimbo: You really are the Otaku equivalent of a Catholic and Jew rolled up into one giant dakimakura of guilt.
Gob Hobblin: Sanctimonious, subtly racist, vaguely misogynist, somehow says something while at the same time saying...nothing, really, at all....

Nice, Xard. That's nice.

Great Genius Shinji-Sama
Test Subject
Test Subject

Postby Great Genius Shinji-Sama » Sat Aug 28, 2010 5:26 pm

pardon my ignorance, but what's the spear in Lillith's other hand? I know the one on the left is the LoL, but I'm uncertain on the other object.
Avatar: Utena and Anthy hawtness <3
-----------------------------------------------------------
XBOX LIVE GAMERTAG: ShinjiSama01
http://shinjisama.wordpress.com/ - Blog
http://otakuno1.deviantart.com/ - Deviant account

MugwumpHasNoLiver
Erotic Humiliation
Erotic Humiliation

Postby MugwumpHasNoLiver » Sat Aug 28, 2010 5:36 pm

That, good friend, is the Esoteric Steak Knife of Longinus, or ESKoL. According to the CI files, Lilith used it to teach her progeny how to properly use dinner utensils, but it was completely dissolved in a storm of acidic putrescence when she used it to pop a massive boil on her ass.
"Now, from Nature we obtain abundant information about ourselves, and precious little about others. About the woman you clasp in your arms, can you say with certainty that she does not feign pleasure? About the woman you mistreat, are you quite sure that from abuse she does not derive some obscure and lascivious satisfaction? Let us confine ourselves to simple evidence: through thoughtfulness, gentleness, concern for the feelings of others we saddle our own pleasure with restrictions, and make this sacrifice to obtain a doubtful result." -The Divine Marquis

"I agree Hans, but we have talked about those anal fisting analogies." -Werner Herzog

Holy Diver
Armisael
Armisael

Postby Holy Diver » Sat Aug 28, 2010 7:21 pm

Theres just something about spending an entire series nailed to a cross that just seems to make Lilith a bad character to make into an action figure.

What we should really be concerned about is the lack of action figures based on the Angels. Our Eva figures need something to fight against instead of having them fight each other.

"Catdog has an S2 engine in his stomach. He does not need to eat, and whatever he does eat is reacted with antimatter to provide endless energy." Ruthlessly stolen from anon.

MugwumpHasNoLiver
Erotic Humiliation
Erotic Humiliation

Postby MugwumpHasNoLiver » Sat Aug 28, 2010 7:32 pm

It just occurred to me that a Stretch Armstrong-like Lilith figure would be really cool. She could come with her own little cross and her hands and a piece of her torso could be either spongy or clay-like, so after you're done stretching her, you could crucify and skew her. Also, you should make her head removable, and she should come with a second Rei head you could attach. Her torso would also be malleable enough that you could mold her flab into tits. Actually, instead of giving her clay hands, you could just slip the little plastic nails through two anatomically correct Chamber of Guffs.

Come on, there's so much to work with here!
"Now, from Nature we obtain abundant information about ourselves, and precious little about others. About the woman you clasp in your arms, can you say with certainty that she does not feign pleasure? About the woman you mistreat, are you quite sure that from abuse she does not derive some obscure and lascivious satisfaction? Let us confine ourselves to simple evidence: through thoughtfulness, gentleness, concern for the feelings of others we saddle our own pleasure with restrictions, and make this sacrifice to obtain a doubtful result." -The Divine Marquis

"I agree Hans, but we have talked about those anal fisting analogies." -Werner Herzog

Holy Diver
Armisael
Armisael

Postby Holy Diver » Sat Aug 28, 2010 8:46 pm

View Original PostMugwumpHasNoLiver wrote:It just occurred to me that a Stretch Armstrong-like Lilith figure would be really cool. She could come with her own little cross and her hands and a piece of her torso could be either spongy or clay-like, so after you're done stretching her, you could crucify and skew her. Also, you should make her head removable, and she should come with a second Rei head you could attach. Her torso would also be malleable enough that you could mold her flab into tits. Actually, instead of giving her clay hands, you could just slip the little plastic nails through two anatomically correct Chamber of Guffs.

Come on, there's so much to work with here!

I second the motion! Though, I don't doubt that some one at Gainax's merchandising dept hasn't already come up with this plan.

Halicat
Bardiel
Bardiel

Postby Halicat » Sun Aug 29, 2010 2:12 pm

I would love a figurine or sculpture of EoE Rei/Lilith hybrid, complete with all 12 wings, I would be so happy.

The Eva Monkey
Administrator
Administrator

Postby The Eva Monkey » Sun Aug 29, 2010 2:39 pm

Not an actual product, though.
Webmaster, EvaMonkey.com; Co-founder, EvaGeeks.org; Moderator, r/evangelion.

Follow me on Social Media! [YouTube] [Twitter] [Facebook] [Tumblr] [Twitch]

Return to “Everything Else Evangelion”