My Eva Rebuild Story Theory (more concise)

Discussion of the new series of Evangelion movies ( "Evangelion Shin Gekijōban", meaning "Evangelion: New Theatrical Edition"). The final instalment made its debut in Japan on March 8, 2021.

Moderators: Rebuild/OT Moderators, Board Staff

Forum rules
By visiting this forum, you agree to read the rules for discussion.
Delular
Embryo

[Spoilers] My Eva Rebuild Story Theory (more concise)

•      
  •      

Postby Delular » Mon May 31, 2010 12:31 pm

Hello Everyone.

NOTE: If someone has already had this idea I wish to apologise as I haven’t read such a thread and am not trying to steal you theory.

I would also like to apologise for my ranting in the previous revisions of this post as it was late and I felt like I had happened upon something important.

Basics of my post:
- This is what I believe the story to be in the coming movies.
- This post is not about supporting the sequel theory, though I have a spin off at the end that may support the 'alternate universe theory'.
- The children are in fact angels that require to be 'awakened' before bringing about the third impact

Now I shall propose the evidence to support my theory...

At the end of Eva 1.11 we have Kaworu emerging from a coffin (or sarcophagus).

There are nine; five that are opened (including Kaworu’s) and four that are still closed. Some may postulate that the prior four that are open belong to the three angels that are in the first film and the third angel that is defeated by Mari at the start of Eva 2.22 as they mention that it is held captive in Eva 1.11.

Yet this means that in Eva 2.22 the last four coffins have been opened (five angels in this movie, one being the third angel which belongs to an already open coffin) and that the next films will be awesome psychological pieces as were the series.

Many have noted that there is meant to be twelve angels in the rebuild. (Twelve angels = twelve apostles??) Nine coffins and the lost number gives us ten angels. So the RoE seems to be two angels shy...

However, given that Kaworu states that the child is 'awakening' at the end of Eva 1.11 I am of the belief that his mentioning of the third child is in fact an admission that the last four coffins are for the last four children and that they are angels...

As you may notice in the flash back of second impact there are four crosses in the crater before the next shot of the wings.
These crosses are still there when Gendo and Fuyutsuki see the second impact zone in the air. During the flashback there are four ‘beings of light’ all with a different core and one with a third eye.

Though I am of the opinion that the crosses and the four are irrelevant and that a fifth being must have been there thus the wings. This is where we insert the ‘lost number’.

EDIT: SaltyJoe wrote this in another thread which, in a way, supports my claims.
[code:1]Newest fanwank: Kaworu carries the soul of a "supreme" Adam, and the other four Children are somehow related to the four Adams that appeared during Second Impact. This would mean that Rei doesn't carry the soul of Lilith.. or she has two souls... ugh, i don't know. But Kaworu piloting the "True God" Eva (if the Mark.06 is the "True God") and then having this "Gathering of Children" with four other pilots (i guess?) is suspicious.[/code:1]

This coincides with the trailer to Eva 3.33 with Kaworu and the children meeting.

When Shinji first pilots Unit 1 and it goes berserk in Eva 1.11 you see the little train scene (ahhh, lovely Anno and the train of thought sequence) then ends with the Rei close up. When Asuka pilots Eva-03 when everything turns red she is ‘pulled’ into ‘The Great Beyond Depth’ or contamination zone.

In spite of that the pulling is actual a push from the wings she has spouted (there are feathers, this can be seen in the sequence when her face vaporises), and you can see Rei in the descent; this was a nice catch by CtHuLhU.

http://img88.imageshack.us/img88/6691/vlcsnap2010053123h46m20.png

In Eva 2.22 SEELE make it evident that Unit 0 is no longer important and that it use is no longer there, but Gendo and Fuyutski have their own plan as per the series. Insert the bondinf forced between Rei and Shinji that was hinted at during the show and concluded in EoE as Rei chooses Shinji over Gendo. Thus when Shinji goes bonkers in Unit 1 during the fight with Zuriel his eyes are red as per the Angel Kaworu and the Lilith Rei.

This is of course against the plans of SEELE (note – I like the fact that in the movie Ritsuko has no idea what is happening to Unit 1 during its awakening contrary to the show) which is said by Kaji as he speaks about 'the rest not being present'.

Now many may say that due to the three eyes Unit 1 has in the closing scene it must be Unit 8 though I don't think so.

We have Unit 1 frozen in Eva 3.33, Unit 6 which has been hover watched from the moon by Kaworu and Unit 8 and an unknown pilot. So this inturn leaves two units out of the fold. Is it possible that given SEELE is in league with Lilith (the contract) that the main begin, the ‘fifth with wings’, will be Lilith? It makes sense if you conclude that the ‘fifth’ during second impact was Adam, now reduced to a simple nervous system. This leaves a missing Unit which will probably be introduced in the trailer to Eva 4.44.

Another important note to take from the second impact falshback was how the lance used on Unit 1 was different to the lances in the series and EoE? What if this is the true Lance of Longinus? Why is it that during the second impact flashback we see four old school lances? Is it that these pseudo-lances can hurt the angels but only the true lance can stop THE impact? You may need something like that when opposing a ‘false god’ as Kaworu vows to make Shinji happy this time.

We are aware however that in the Eva 3.33 trailer the ‘SEELEs Children Meeting’ shows Kaworu wet with the shadows of four people so we should get all the pilots, possibly retrieved from the ocean of LCL, in the next movie.

‘But why would Zuriel fight a fellow angel if that is indeed what Shinji was during the final fight of Eva 2.22.’ could now be asked.

Think of this; what if the angels are merely trying to stop the humans from creating a false god? To have a false god you need false angels; the Eva’s. Angels are the messengers of God, as noted in the original series. Is this why Zuriel stops attacking Unit 1 once it is out of power? Then promptly resumes its attack again once Unit 1’s mouth is opened during its 'awakening'? Think about it people, ‘beware of false prophets!’
Symbolism at its best!

My hypothesis for the conclusion is such:
- The fifth being for third impact will be an Eva with a dummy plug unit which will do as SEELE wishes.
- I believe that NERVs plan is to get Shinji and Unit 1 ready for a showdown with SEELEs quickened Unit 8 and dummy plug during third impact and they will duke it out for Godhood.
- Reis companionship with Shinji is a backup. If Shinji is defeated during third impact the bond with Shinji and Rei is used for Lilith to understand that feelings between separate entities is better than a mass of LCL.

Also, my view on the ‘sequel scenario’ is that this actually an 'multiverse scenario'. Lets say that the angels are begins that live outside of time so their consciousness is spread over all possible universes (Quantum entanglement may explain this), given that this is possible for humans in the 'many worlds theory' by Hugh Everet, maybe the angels are aware of their alternate counterparts. This is why Kaworu keeps mentioning past events that only people that have seen the series would understand and why this time he is going to help Shinji.

Though many things do give the illusion that the RoE is set after EoE (the chalk outline, blood on the moon, Shinji mentioning that 'its strange' the SDAT player goes from 26->27, not 26->25) isn't it more like Anno to propose this and then give something else?
If Lilim are from the LCL of Lilith can it be that the Progenitor of the Angels, Adam from the White Moon, also had LCL to birth the angels? Don't forget that on RoE the LCL is more blood red then the orange LCL in EoTV.
Also Shinjis SDAT comment can be an introjection of Anno admitting that the RoE was never intended but he wishes to pursue a different meaning in his show this time?

Hope you guys can either help prove or disprove this current theory of mine.

Take care fellas and see you when Eva 3.33 is released!
Last edited by Delular on Thu Jun 03, 2010 4:09 am, edited 12 times in total.
JetBoatOwl for the win!

Reichu
Admin Emeritus
Admin Emeritus

•      
  •      

Postby Reichu » Mon May 31, 2010 12:50 pm

All of your image tags are broken because you have a superfluous slash in front of the closing tag. (i.e. /[/img] instead of [/img])

You also have BBcode disabled, which would prevent the tags from working even if they were properly formatted.
さらば、全てのEvaGeeks。
「滅びの運命は新生の喜びでもある」
Departure Message | The Arqa Apocrypha: An Evangelion Analysis Blog

Delular
Embryo

•      
  •      

Postby Delular » Mon May 31, 2010 12:58 pm

Images all fixed!
I copied the wrong link set :/
Last edited by Delular on Mon May 31, 2010 2:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
JetBoatOwl for the win!

plakstift
Embryo

•      
  •      

Postby plakstift » Mon May 31, 2010 1:10 pm

I like the way Snrub thinks...

Snrub also knows that I would leave a more lengthy reply if I wasn't busy finishing off Physics homework whilst singing the KISS catelogue...

P.S. Learn to image.
ARE YOU MAN ENOUGH TO HOVER WATCH FROM THE MOON!?!

AuraTwilight
Evangelion
Evangelion

•      
  •      

Postby AuraTwilight » Mon May 31, 2010 3:03 pm

....I'm sorry, maybe I'm just tired, but I can't understand what this person is trying to propose. The pilots are Angels, or something?
J_Faulkner, be warned that some of your statements could be construed as ad hominem attacks. -- Priceless, eternal irony

Anno has perfected the side boob --Gendo'sPapa

ZapX
Guided by the New Era
Guided by the New Era

•      
  •      

Postby ZapX » Mon May 31, 2010 3:19 pm

I edited out all of your images because there're way too many and they're, frankly, an eyesore. If you want to use that many images, please make them smaller and use links for larger ones.
ʕ•ᴥ•ʔ"Stop watching anime. it makes you think all girls are incredibly hot and shy, and there are 10 that all want your boner which just isn't true." -Brik-aniki

"I CAN'T HELP IT THAT I WANT TO EAT MY OWN VULVA AND SHARE IT WITH A LOVED ONE!"-Reichu

"I have a fetish for naked women with stigmata playing ping pong in the mud. Is there a name for that?" -Kaiser O-Ornette-dono-sama

“Don’t do that; that was probably hooker money.” -SSD on me holding money with my mouth

NemZ
Token Misanthrope
Token Misanthrope

•      
  •      

Postby NemZ » Mon May 31, 2010 4:03 pm

I don't have the patience to read this mess. cliffs notes version?
Rest In Peace ~ 1978 - 2017
"I'd consider myself a realist, alright? but in philosophical terms I'm what's called a pessimist. It means I'm bad at parties." - Rust Cohle
"Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize that half of 'em are stupider than that." - George Carlin
"The internet: It's like a training camp for never amounting to anything." - Oglaf
"I think internet message boards and the like are dangerous." - Anno

Joseph the PRPD
Elder God
Elder God

•      
  •      

Postby Joseph the PRPD » Mon May 31, 2010 5:27 pm

Some of the sequels theories I've read in the past have made at least some amount of sense.

This isn't one of them.
Cheese wheel in the U.S. Coast Guard.

Reichu
Admin Emeritus
Admin Emeritus

•      
  •      

Postby Reichu » Mon May 31, 2010 6:06 pm

Delular: Your post is extremely difficult to read and I imagine it deters a lot of people, and not simply on the basis of length. (Though a long post requires extra amounts of work to make it attractive and readable.) Maybe you could try reorganizing it and trimming it down to the basics.
さらば、全てのEvaGeeks。
「滅びの運命は新生の喜びでもある」
Departure Message | The Arqa Apocrypha: An Evangelion Analysis Blog

esselfortium
Angel
Angel

Re: My Eva Rebuild Story Theory [SPOILERS]

•      
  •      

Postby esselfortium » Mon May 31, 2010 7:06 pm

View Original PostDelular wrote:Sorry friends, this isn’t the milked ‘Matrix’ franchise, the writers of this megasuperhappyawesomefuntimeshow still have a semblance of integrity.

Out of probably everything in your theory, this was the one supposition that troubled me the most of all.

plakstift
Embryo

•      
  •      

Postby plakstift » Tue Jun 01, 2010 2:48 am

Interestingly, we never actually see any angels in the trailer for Rebuild 3.0, do we?

Maybe there's something behind the 'kids are angels, lol', especially since they have mentioned Shinji being 'awakened' a couple of times now, and Kaji's comment about the others not being present, and SEELE not keeping quiet this time.

Would suck to have already run out of Angel face to pound in, though, given how lame half the Angel battles were in 2.0... Effing clockiel, I mean seriously.

Ornette
Administrator
Administrator

•      
  •      

Postby Ornette » Tue Jun 01, 2010 3:12 am

View Original Postplakstift wrote:Interestingly, we never actually see any angels in the trailer for Rebuild 3.0, do we?

If you assume Kaworu isn't an angel this time around. Incidentally, the preview for 2.0 at the end of 1.0 only had Eva-03. We didn't see any of the other angels until the movie trailers were released.

ZapX
Guided by the New Era
Guided by the New Era

•      
  •      

Postby ZapX » Tue Jun 01, 2010 3:37 am

Just wanted to point this out. Assuming the coffins on the moon are for the angels, if we look at

we can infer that from left to right we have the coffins of Tunniel, Sachiel, Shamshel, Ramiel, Kaworu, followed by Clockiel, Sahaquiel, Bardiel, and Zeruel who weren't open at the time. If the coffins belong to the angels it looks like they've all been dealt with, save the big 2 (or 6).
ʕ•ᴥ•ʔ"Stop watching anime. it makes you think all girls are incredibly hot and shy, and there are 10 that all want your boner which just isn't true." -Brik-aniki

"I CAN'T HELP IT THAT I WANT TO EAT MY OWN VULVA AND SHARE IT WITH A LOVED ONE!"-Reichu

"I have a fetish for naked women with stigmata playing ping pong in the mud. Is there a name for that?" -Kaiser O-Ornette-dono-sama

“Don’t do that; that was probably hooker money.” -SSD on me holding money with my mouth

Legendary
Test Subject
Test Subject

•      
  •      

Postby Legendary » Tue Jun 01, 2010 3:42 am

It says in the contract with Lilith that they have to defeat ten Angels. That's nine. Note also that the gaps between coffins are larger than the gap between the final coffin and the edge of the screen. There could still be one more there offscreen, unless the camera pans specifically to the right to reveal that there isn't.

plakstift
Embryo

•      
  •      

Postby plakstift » Tue Jun 01, 2010 3:53 am

So, in the picture above, we specifically see Kaworu awaken and arise from his coffin.

So, if we assume that that is how the angels arise/are awoken, how the hell did the other angels fit inside those coffins?

Could the angels prehaps start out being 'human', and then become angelic once they 'awaken'?

Or am I being too literal with the whole moon coffins deal?

Delular
Embryo

•      
  •      

Postby Delular » Tue Jun 01, 2010 4:00 am

EDIT: Apologies ZapX for my misinterpretation.

Yet Legendarys comment is good; if the contract is indeed to defeat 10 angels than we can summise that the lost number is the first angel (Adam, no coffin as he is the progenitor) and that the other eight angels have been defeated (during RoE 1.11 and 2.22) leaving Kaworu as the final angel to fulfil the contract.
Last edited by Delular on Tue Jun 01, 2010 6:27 am, edited 1 time in total.
JetBoatOwl for the win!

ZapX
Guided by the New Era
Guided by the New Era

•      
  •      

Postby ZapX » Tue Jun 01, 2010 4:00 am

Well, they've defeated 8. Kaworu is the 9th. If you consider that they've already defeated Lilith or will eventually have to, that's ten. I think all the angels are either dead or on earth.

Delular: Yes, I know you said that in your post. That was the whole reason for me bringing it up as a response to Ornette and plakstift, guy.

Legendary
Test Subject
Test Subject

•      
  •      

Postby Legendary » Tue Jun 01, 2010 12:43 pm

It's not that they HAVE to defeat X number of Angels in general. It's that their contract WITH LILITH requires them to kill ten. I assume that that rules out Lilith as #10.

Delular is also incorrect in his assertions. When the Sixth Angel was still alive, Gendo said "We have to defeat eight more Angels", or something like it. Adam doesn't qualify for that.

I'm thus quite confident in saying there's one more Angel besides Kaworu and Lilith.

UrsusArctos
The Beginning and The End
The Beginning and The End

•      
  •      

Postby UrsusArctos » Tue Jun 01, 2010 7:57 pm

Eight more Angels after the Sixth. But that depends on whether or not he took Tunneliel into account or not.

So far, we've got these Angels in order-

Adam, Lilith, Tunny, Sachi, Shammy, Rami, Clocky, Saha, Bardi, Zer.

Blue for the Angels gotten rid of in 1.0, and Brown for the Angels rid of in 2.0.

If he's counting eight not including Adam, Lilith and Tunny, there are four more Angels after Zer. If he's counting Tunny as "yet do defeat for certain", there are three Angels left. Adam went boom at 2I and the contract has been with Lilith, so she can't be among the list of Angels to defeat. Therefore, we must have three, if not four, Angels left. (I doubt that any more would come that Gendo doesn't know about)
(Was Board Staff from Dec 31, 2007 - Oct 17, 2015 and Oct 20, 2020 - Aug 1, 2021)
Not knowing that Monk is bi is like not knowing the Pope is Catholic - ZapX
You're either really bad at interpreting jokes or really good at pretending you are and I have no idea which.-Monk Ed
WAAAAAAAAGH!!!!!(<-link to lunacy)...Taste me, if you can bear it. (Warning: Language NSFW)
The main point of idiocy is for the smart to have their lulz. Without human idiocy, trolling would not exist, and that's uncool, since a large part of my entertainment consists of mocking the absurdity and dumbassery of the world, especially the Internet.-MaggotMaster

NAveryW
Insect Politician
Insect Politician

•      
  •      

Postby NAveryW » Tue Jun 01, 2010 11:52 pm

View Original Postplakstift wrote:Interestingly, we never actually see any angels in the trailer for Rebuild 3.0, do we?
We never see any Angels in the teaser for 2.0 except the one that's also an Eva.

Return to “Rebuild of Evangelion Discussion”