[LAEM] Asuka! Asuka!!!

The place for all of the old Live Action Evangelion Movie threads.

Moderator: Board Staff

klanco
Embryo

Postby klanco » Thu Nov 10, 2005 1:45 pm

Although this does bring into question how they are going to treat Kaworu’s relationship with Shinji. I can’t imagine that they could possibly omit this character, although I can imagine that they’ll sugar-coat any implications of homosexuality…

shit! i forgot kaworu! yes, i know that kaworu appears in episode 24, but if they would plan to do all te evangelion story in a trilogy or something (like lord of the rings)...well...it would be difficult

and gendo putting his hand in Rei i EOE??? 49 years old man touching a pre-teenager???

i like evangelion...but im starting to think that if they are gonna make a movie, it wont be more complex than maginzer Z...

DatDude
Test Subject
Test Subject

Postby DatDude » Thu Nov 10, 2005 2:18 pm

Six Winged Angel wrote:and that's nothing, what about the rei-shinji-glasses scene???? :P

eva has much nudity, and that would be a problem

Theirs a lot of subjectmatter in EVA that would not make it into a esternized movie.

About the only good thing that might come of this crap being made would be Anno being paid enough to write abook on EVA.

superdoughboy4
Sandalphon
Sandalphon

Postby superdoughboy4 » Thu Nov 10, 2005 3:24 pm

klanco wrote:
Although this does bring into question how they are going to treat Kaworu’s relationship with Shinji. I can’t imagine that they could possibly omit this character, although I can imagine that they’ll sugar-coat any implications of homosexuality…

shit! i forgot kaworu! yes, i know that kaworu appears in episode 24, but if they would plan to do all te evangelion story in a trilogy or something (like lord of the rings)...well...it would be difficult

and gendo putting his hand in Rei i EOE??? 49 years old man touching a pre-teenager???

i like evangelion...but im starting to think that if they are gonna make a movie, it wont be more complex than maginzer Z...

She's not a pre-teen. She's 14, so she's a teenager.
But, it'd be illegal.
So they wouldn't be able to do that.
And who said anything about a Live Action End of Evangelion anyway?

ice reaper
Gaghiel
Gaghiel

Postby ice reaper » Fri Nov 11, 2005 11:02 am

though it's not been stated; it is most likely the film saga (or whatever it'll end up as) will be finished in an EoE-esqe manner. the first half is a basic hollywood action title as it is, after which could be altered for a series ending tie-in.

or something

"The divine fall silent as the freil plea aloud"

superdoughboy4
Sandalphon
Sandalphon

Postby superdoughboy4 » Fri Nov 11, 2005 4:04 pm

That'd be a little awkward, don't you think?
Unless it morphs into an End of Evangelion manner, smoothly.

ice reaper
Gaghiel
Gaghiel

Postby ice reaper » Sun Nov 13, 2005 5:37 am

all the creamy goodness (think…..just think….) of EoE without the brain damaging aftertaste

"The divine fall silent as the freil plea aloud"

TheBlueTree
Gaghiel
Gaghiel

Postby TheBlueTree » Tue Nov 15, 2005 12:00 am

About the only good thing that might come of this crap being made would be Anno being paid enough to write abook on EVA.

are u jokeing me? anno write a book on eva? hes a lazy pile now, he wants nothing to do with anime anymore. of course why should he, after u created something perfect you can't possibly top perfection can you?:P
Mr. Bud
"Suits? You've got to be kidding me.
Mighty Morphin' Ev-an-gel-i-ooooonnnn!"

Seele 08
"Is it a sign that you might be an otaku when your betta fish are all named after anime characters? One betta is named....Gendo. No wonder my mom and freinds think I'm a nut case."

poetic_assassin
Shamshel
Shamshel

Postby poetic_assassin » Mon Nov 21, 2005 2:44 pm

C'mon! Shinji is supposed to be fourteen!

drinian
Admin Emeritus
Admin Emeritus

Postby drinian » Mon Nov 21, 2005 4:56 pm

TheBlueTree wrote:are u jokeing me? anno write a book on eva? hes a lazy pile now, he wants nothing to do with anime anymore. of course why should he, after u created something perfect you can't possibly top perfection can you?:P

Anno done with anime? Hardly:

http://imdb.com/name/nm0030417/

He's been involved with most Gainax projects since Eva, and even got into voice acting by playing Miyuu Miyuu in FLCL.

That's not to say that, like Sadamoto, he isn't sick of Evangelion. It is based on his own experience with extreme depression in the early 1990s, after all.

TheBlueTree
Gaghiel
Gaghiel

Postby TheBlueTree » Tue Nov 22, 2005 9:22 pm

Really... I thought I read somewhere on this site that he was focusing more on live action movies, guess I was wrong, but now I've got to go out and buy more movies sigh.... :lol:
Mr. Bud

Seele 08
"Is it a sign that you might be an otaku when your betta fish are all named after anime characters? One betta is named....Gendo. No wonder my mom and freinds think I'm a nut case."

superdoughboy4
Sandalphon
Sandalphon

Postby superdoughboy4 » Wed Nov 23, 2005 11:07 am

Directing live-action movies is what he's focused on now.
He's still active in Gainax.

Space Penis
Lilin
Lilin

Postby Space Penis » Wed Nov 23, 2005 1:39 pm

DatDude wrote:
Six Winged Angel wrote:and that's nothing, what about the rei-shinji-glasses scene???? :P

eva has much nudity, and that would be a problem

Theirs a lot of subjectmatter in EVA that would not make it into a esternized movie.

I'd quite like to see Gainax release a novelisation of Evangelion, actually. It'd be quite nifty, as it could offer quite a different perspective on the ZOMGWTF mindfuck scenes.
Tell me, is something eluding you, sunshine?
Is this not what you expected to see?
If you wanna find out what's behind these cold eyes
You'll just have to claw your way through this disguise!

rb_182_
Shamshel
Shamshel

Postby rb_182_ » Wed Nov 23, 2005 2:33 pm

yeah if they made Evangelion Novels I would definately buy them.
The Real Ending to Evangelion~~
Rei goes insane!!~~
~Rei is hope.. the hope that people will one day be able to understand each other, and Kaworu is the words... "I Love You". I think they are two beings that will always be watching over everything~

TheBlueTree
Gaghiel
Gaghiel

Postby TheBlueTree » Fri Nov 25, 2005 1:49 pm

That will definatly get this tv loving, video game playing, happy go lucky guy start reading for sure.
Mr. Bud

Seele 08

Return to “Live Action Evangelion Movie”