Eva Piloting

Discussion of the new series of Evangelion movies ( "Evangelion Shin Gekijōban", meaning "Evangelion: New Theatrical Edition"). The final installment is scheduled to debut in Japan on January 23, 2021.

Moderators: Rebuild/OT Moderators, Board Staff

wonderluster
Clockiel
Clockiel

•      
  •      

Postby wonderluster » Tue Mar 30, 2010 3:15 pm

So what if Mari is actually related to Asuka somehow?
On the path to Universal Understanding.

NemZ
Token Misanthrope
Token Misanthrope

•      
  •      

Postby NemZ » Tue Mar 30, 2010 3:33 pm

I still stand by my 'everyone is a clone' theory,and think that if they all actually know this it explains quite a bit about their personalities.

Rei - It doesn't matter what I want...
Asuka - I'll prove I'm a real, unique person!
Mari - Oh well, might as well enjoy life while I can.
Rest In Peace ~ 1978 - 2017
"I'd consider myself a realist, alright? but in philosophical terms I'm what's called a pessimist. It means I'm bad at parties." - Rust Cohle
"Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize that half of 'em are stupider than that." - George Carlin
"The internet: It's like a training camp for never amounting to anything." - Oglaf
"I think internet message boards and the like are dangerous." - Anno

Joseph the PRPD
Elder God
Elder God

•      
  •      

Postby Joseph the PRPD » Tue Mar 30, 2010 3:37 pm

Couldn't that apply to the original series as well? (Minus Mari of course.)
Cheese wheel in the U.S. Coast Guard.

wonderluster
Clockiel
Clockiel

•      
  •      

Postby wonderluster » Tue Mar 30, 2010 4:06 pm

I wouldnt lke to think so because that would probably be as bad ending as EoE
On the path to Universal Understanding.

Legendary
Test Subject
Test Subject

•      
  •      

Postby Legendary » Tue Mar 30, 2010 4:12 pm

View Original Postwonderluster wrote:So what if Mari is actually related to Asuka somehow?

Everything we know about Eva says "It HAS to be the mother", and it's unlikely they moved the maternal part of Kyoko around from Eva-02 to Eva-05 for one time to Eva-02 to Eva-03... I mean, I refuse to believe she gets around that much.

Reichu
Admin Emeritus
Admin Emeritus

•      
  •      

Postby Reichu » Tue Mar 30, 2010 4:13 pm

View Original PostJoseph the PRPD wrote:Couldn't that apply to the original series as well?

Asuka's personal problems are already explained in explicit detail, so... no.

Are we really talking about Eva piloting anymore? Theories about the -nami conspiracy should go somewhere else, IMO.

View Original PostLegendary wrote:Everything we know about Eva says "It HAS to be the mother"

Are you talking about NGE, or Rebuild? Where in Rebuild do they explicitly hint at any of the native souls aside from 01's, or that we have a "kids piloting their moms" thing going on?

it's unlikely they moved the maternal part of Kyoko around from Eva-02 to Eva-05 for one time to Eva-02 to Eva-03...

Even sisters don't have to have the same mom, you know.
さらば、全てのEvaGeeks。
「滅びの運命は新生の喜びでもある」

Zeruel
Adam

•      
  •      

Postby Zeruel » Tue Mar 30, 2010 9:36 pm

Maybe Mari is just a Hacker/spy from another Nerv branch that knows back doors and such to piloting Eva's that allows her to pilot any Eva she is able to hack into? That couldn't be too insane of a theory could it?
Why in God's name would I wanna keep writing about characters whose central preoccupation are weed and dick and fart jokes? I mean, ya gotta grow man. Don't you ever want anything more for yourself? I know this poor hapless son of a bitch does. I look into his sorry doe eyes and I just, I see a man crying out. He's crying out, "When Lord? When the fuck can your servant ditch this foul-mouthed little chucklehead to whom I am a constant victim of his folly, so much so that it prevents him from ever getting to kiss a girl! Fuck! When, Lord when? WHENS GONNA BE MY TIME?

Legendary
Test Subject
Test Subject

•      
  •      

Postby Legendary » Tue Mar 30, 2010 9:39 pm

View Original PostReichu wrote:Are you talking about NGE, or Rebuild? Where in Rebuild do they explicitly hint at any of the native souls aside from 01's, or that we have a "kids piloting their moms" thing going on?

He was suggesting something from the original NGE paradigm, I was countering under its logic.

Return to “Rebuild of Evangelion Discussion”