MP Eva Souls

For serious and at times in-depth discussions only, covering the original TV series, the movies End of Evangelion and Death & Rebirth.

Moderator: Board Staff

Forum rules
By visiting this forum, you agree to read the rules for discussion and abide by them.
Zeruel
Adam

Postby Zeruel » Sat Mar 27, 2010 4:40 pm

Agreed though I could only imagine what a MP Eva is capable of with a real pilot and soul?? More or less terrifying?
Why in God's name would I wanna keep writing about characters whose central preoccupation are weed and dick and fart jokes? I mean, ya gotta grow man. Don't you ever want anything more for yourself? I know this poor hapless son of a bitch does. I look into his sorry doe eyes and I just, I see a man crying out. He's crying out, "When Lord? When the fuck can your servant ditch this foul-mouthed little chucklehead to whom I am a constant victim of his folly, so much so that it prevents him from ever getting to kiss a girl! Fuck! When, Lord when? WHENS GONNA BE MY TIME?

NemZ
Token Misanthrope
Token Misanthrope

Postby NemZ » Sat Mar 27, 2010 4:41 pm

Ritsuko is just the head of the eva and Maji maintanence department. Her mom made the maji, Yui designed 00 and 01, the rest of the evas were designed and developed elsewhere.

I don't really understand why they bothered with the Kaworu plugs in the first place though. Surely killing a dozen or so mothers and then brainwashing/training the orphans they leave behind wouldn't be at all difficult for them to manage. Then again, I suppose the training part can be left out and the pilots and cores collected shortly before they were needed if the dummy exists... just toss moms in cores, strap sedated kids in chairs to fool them, then let the dummy plugs go to town.
Last edited by NemZ on Sat Mar 27, 2010 4:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Rest In Peace ~ 1978 - 2017
"I'd consider myself a realist, alright? but in philosophical terms I'm what's called a pessimist. It means I'm bad at parties." - Rust Cohle
"Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize that half of 'em are stupider than that." - George Carlin
"The internet: It's like a training camp for never amounting to anything." - Oglaf
"I think internet message boards and the like are dangerous." - Anno

Allemann
Potential Pilot
Potential Pilot

Postby Allemann » Sat Mar 27, 2010 4:44 pm

View Original PostSachi wrote:Their design is based off the original Evangelions, in which Ritsuko had deep involvement, but they are, agreeably, more advanced.

The MP Evangelions' outward appearance bears no resemblance to the former, now technologically obsolete Evangelions, and Ritsuko didn't work on the artificial S2 organs or the dummy plugs.

All I am suggesting is that nobody was able to create an Evangelion unless they referred back to the original Project-E files (or something along those lines), in which Ritsuko is deeply related.

As every NERV branch has a copy of those files, safely stored in their MAGI systems, Ritsuko is a fifth wheel.

Zeruel
Adam

Postby Zeruel » Sat Mar 27, 2010 4:44 pm

View Original PostNemZ wrote:Ritsuko is just the head of the eva and Maji maintanence department. Her mom made the maji, Yui designed 00 and 01, the rest of the evas were designed and developed elsewhere.

I don't really understand why they bothered with the Kaworu plugs in the first place though. Surely killing a dozen or so mothers and then brainwashing/training the orphans they leave behind wouldn't be at all difficult for them to manage.

Given Seele's nonchalant attitude towards human life I wouldn't put it past them by doing something like that lol. Sarcasm aside they wanted to start 3I right away not enough time to pull some shit like that.

But back on topic I seriously doubt Seele had the time to give contact experiments to all 9 eva's especially when 3 more were originally planned but were scrapped because of them wanting to start 3I as soon as possible. Artificial soul or something akin to that seems more plausible.
Why in God's name would I wanna keep writing about characters whose central preoccupation are weed and dick and fart jokes? I mean, ya gotta grow man. Don't you ever want anything more for yourself? I know this poor hapless son of a bitch does. I look into his sorry doe eyes and I just, I see a man crying out. He's crying out, "When Lord? When the fuck can your servant ditch this foul-mouthed little chucklehead to whom I am a constant victim of his folly, so much so that it prevents him from ever getting to kiss a girl! Fuck! When, Lord when? WHENS GONNA BE MY TIME?

Allemann
Potential Pilot
Potential Pilot

Postby Allemann » Sat Mar 27, 2010 4:47 pm

View Original PostZeruel wrote:Agreed though I could only imagine what a MP Eva is capable of with a real pilot and soul?? More or less terrifying?

As a human pilot posses a moral faculty, he would be less efficient to carry out their orders. I doubt human pilots would be so quick in neutralizing Asuka and arranging Instrumentality.

Zeruel
Adam

Postby Zeruel » Sat Mar 27, 2010 4:49 pm

Agreed which brought on the necessity to have the Kaworu dummy plugs. Which has to be assumed is more advanced than the Rei's otherwise why not just use the Rei dummy plugs??

Sachi
Oh Daddy!
Oh Daddy!

Postby Sachi » Sat Mar 27, 2010 4:56 pm

View Original PostAllemann wrote:The MP Evangelions' outward appearance bears no resemblance to the former, now technologically obsolete Evangelions, and Ritsuko didn't work on the artificial S2 organs or the dummy plugs.

Never said the outward appearance was what was based.

As every NERV branch has a copy of those files, safely stored in their MAGI systems, Ritsuko is a fifth wheel.

Never said she had to be of a direct involvement.

What I got from your original post was that the other scientists were able to build an Eva without any involvement whatsoever from Dr. Ritsuko Akagi. I am simply pointing out that Dr. Ritsuko Akagi is the leading mind behind the revolutionary technology, that is the Eva, during the time line of the show, and that anything to do with building an Eva in some way leads back to her work on it, which invariably relates back to her mother and those on Project-E.
- Sachi

I host the discord server for the EvaGeeks forums. Join us! https://discord.gg/aBQ3F6M9yp

Allemann
Potential Pilot
Potential Pilot

Postby Allemann » Sat Mar 27, 2010 5:14 pm

View Original PostZeruel wrote:Agreed which brought on the necessity to have the Kaworu dummy plugs. Which has to be assumed is more advanced than the Rei's otherwise why not just use the Rei dummy plugs??

The Japanese NERV branch received the dummy plug as a softwareless hardware. What they had to do is to fill it with mental content required for pilot emulation. Of the pilots at disposal, Rei, of course, is the most compliant and discreet for such a operation, though equally, it could've been Asuka or Shinji. SEELE didn't have a Rei dummy plug because Rei was not to their disposal nor she was necessary. They had Kaworu for it.

NemZ
Token Misanthrope
Token Misanthrope

Postby NemZ » Sat Mar 27, 2010 5:39 pm

View Original PostZeruel wrote:why not just use the Rei dummy plugs??

Ritsuko: "What Rei dummy plugs?"
Rest In Peace ~ 1978 - 2017
"I'd consider myself a realist, alright? but in philosophical terms I'm what's called a pessimist. It means I'm bad at parties." - Rust Cohle
"Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize that half of 'em are stupider than that." - George Carlin
"The internet: It's like a training camp for never amounting to anything." - Oglaf
"I think internet message boards and the like are dangerous." - Anno

Zeruel
Adam

Postby Zeruel » Sat Mar 27, 2010 5:43 pm

Does Anno or anybody behind development of EoE discuss this soul issue for the MP Eva's? Also is it ever stated how there able to regenerate??

paranoidandroid
Embryo

Postby paranoidandroid » Sat Mar 27, 2010 7:13 pm

View Original PostZeruel wrote:Does Anno or anybody behind development of EoE discuss this soul issue for the MP Eva's? Also is it ever stated how there able to regenerate??

S2 engines allow them to keep going after brutal damage.

Sachi
Oh Daddy!
Oh Daddy!

Postby Sachi » Sat Mar 27, 2010 8:07 pm

View Original Postparanoidandroid wrote:S2 engines allow them to keep going after brutal damage.

This, and the fact that they went berserk, which, as we've seen with Unit-01, allows the Eva to keep going, even after expending its power. Mix this with the fact Asuka didn't take out any of their cores, and you've got yourself a perfect situation for a mass produced frenzy of berserk Evas.
Last edited by Sachi on Sat Mar 27, 2010 8:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
- Sachi

I host the discord server for the EvaGeeks forums. Join us! https://discord.gg/aBQ3F6M9yp

wonderluster
Clockiel
Clockiel

Postby wonderluster » Sat Mar 27, 2010 8:08 pm

Altough they never actually bothered to regenerate....The only angel that way able to regenerate was Sachiel if Im thinking straight and he was slow as hell. At the time, it didn't even have an S2 engine and Unit 01 had speedy ass regeneration...sooo, is that due to direct adam cloning?
On the path to Universal Understanding.

Sachi
Oh Daddy!
Oh Daddy!

Postby Sachi » Sat Mar 27, 2010 8:10 pm

View Original Postwonderluster wrote:The only angel that way able to regenerate was Sachiel if Im thinking straight and he was slow as hell.

You're forgetting Israfel. I'm sure each and every Angel had the ability to regenerate itself, but time is necessary, as with all sorts of wounds.

The MPE's never actually regenerated, they simply got back up.
- Sachi

Allemann
Potential Pilot
Potential Pilot

Postby Allemann » Sat Mar 27, 2010 8:12 pm

View Original PostSachi wrote:This, and the fact that they went berserk

The don't appear berserk to me. Because this was their first deployment, Asuka had an easy time with them, but as soon they received direct orders, they activated their full operational capacity.

Sachi
Oh Daddy!
Oh Daddy!

Postby Sachi » Sat Mar 27, 2010 8:27 pm

View Original PostAllemann wrote:The don't appear berserk to me.

Though they may not be showing the same characteristics that Unit-01 shows when berserk (i.e., roar, charge, eat), this does not dismiss that fact that the Eva Series also went berserk. The best explanation for the phenomenon of berserk Evas is that, simply, the Eva reactivates itself without outside influence, power, or control from a pilot or Dummy Plug. Unit-01 protecting Shinji with its arm may be explained by a momentary berserker phase. Though the Eva Series were working toward a similar goal, I doubt they were being directly ordered to get back up and tear Unit-02 apart due to the extreme damage having already been taken. The Eva Series was probably acting according to their own natures, which soon lead to them participating in Third Impact. Beneficial to Seele? Yes. Orchestrated by Seele? I doubt it.
- Sachi

Zeruel
Adam

Postby Zeruel » Sun Mar 28, 2010 3:08 am

View Original PostSachi wrote:Though they may not be showing the same characteristics that Unit-01 shows when berserk (i.e., roar, charge, eat), this does not dismiss that fact that the Eva Series also went berserk. The best explanation for the phenomenon of berserk Evas is that, simply, the Eva reactivates itself without outside influence, power, or control from a pilot or Dummy Plug. Unit-01 protecting Shinji with its arm may be explained by a momentary berserker phase. Though the Eva Series were working toward a similar goal, I doubt they were being directly ordered to get back up and tear Unit-02 apart due to the extreme damage having already been taken. The Eva Series was probably acting according to their own natures, which soon lead to them participating in Third Impact. Beneficial to Seele? Yes. Orchestrated by Seele? I doubt it.

No the MP Eva's didn't go berserk they just chomped on Eva-02 as there attack. We have seen dummy plugs attack and eat other objects before, remember Bardiel??

And can we get back on topic

Sachi
Oh Daddy!
Oh Daddy!

Postby Sachi » Sun Mar 28, 2010 3:13 am

View Original PostZeruel wrote:No the MP Eva's didn't go berserk they just chomped on Eva-02 as there attack. We have seen dummy plugs attack and eat other objects before, remember Bardiel??

I remember no such eating involving Bardiel. I think you are confused. Furthermore, did you read my entire post? I didn't use the MPE's eating Unit-02 as evidence of them going berserk.

As for the topic: 9 random chicks.
- Sachi

AuraTwilight
Angel
Angel

Postby AuraTwilight » Sun Mar 28, 2010 12:10 pm

Creating false soul substitutes is impossible according to Evaverse metaphysics. And the MP Evas have AT Fields, which require souls.
J_Faulkner, be warned that some of your statements could be construed as ad hominem attacks. -- Priceless, eternal irony

Anno has perfected the side boob --Gendo'sPapa

Zeruel
Adam

Postby Zeruel » Sun Mar 28, 2010 12:48 pm

View Original PostSachi wrote:I remember no such eating involving Bardiel. I think you are confused. Furthermore, did you read my entire post? I didn't use the MPE's eating Unit-02 as evidence of them going berserk.

As for the topic: 9 random chicks.

Well my statement was more directed towards Rebuild..........but anyhow..............

Creating false soul substitutes is impossible according to Evaverse metaphysics. And the MP Evas have AT Fields, which require souls.

I didn't know where there's a guide to the Eva world of meta physics? link? otherwise like i stated given the countless amounts of crazy ass shit that happens in Eva creating a ghost in the shell or a false one I would have to assume is with in the realm of possibility
Last edited by Zeruel on Sun Mar 28, 2010 12:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “Evangelion TV Series + EoE Discussion”