Is there a release date for Evangelion 3.0?

Discussion of the new series of Evangelion movies ( "Evangelion Shin Gekijōban", meaning "Evangelion: New Theatrical Edition"). The final instalment is scheduled to debut in Japan at some date to be announced.

Moderators: Rebuild/OT Moderators, Board Staff

DarkApollo
Banned
User avatar
Age: 33
Posts: 11
Joined: Mar 21, 2010
Location: United States of America.
Gender: Male

Postby DarkApollo » Mon Mar 22, 2010 4:00 pm

Actually what I'm saying is, you are wrong. Evangelion 3 is in the works and it has been in the works, despite what you say. Now there is no reason to continue this and persist just because you want to have the last word, I'm waiting for you to resort to personal attacks and ad hominem. You've said what you had to say and I've said my opinion. You're not changing my opinion on the matter, I'm not changing yours, which puts us at a stand still. Then kindagarten logic comes into play, we can stand out in the play yard saying "You suck!" and replying "No! You suck!" all day but it will get us nowhere. I can tell you Evangelion 3 is in the works and that will do no good, you'll persist in objecting to it. I'll further say that Evangelion 4 is happening. But what does it matter, it's as useful as you telling me no to both or either. So let's put this to rest and let bygones be bygones, we have nothing further to discuss.

For the record, what I have said here is (so there is no confusion): Production of Evangelion 3 has started and that Evangelion 4 is still planned.

The policy of those who objected me are saying: Evangelion 3 hasn't even started production and doubt the existence and tangibility of Evangelion 4.

Just breaking it down and simplifying this all into simplistic policies, platforms, positions and what not for those who might be wondering just what the disagreement is.

Edit 1: What really pisses me off here is NOT the disagreement at hand or how other members have objected to me. That has nothing to do with why I'm upset. Rather, what pisses me off is that its taken and taking YEARS for the Rebuild series to come to North America. That is such an insult to Eva fans who live in North America and don't know how to speak Japanese. I don't necessarily blame this on Funimation, I understand they are trying really hard. The problem is that Funimation is not being given, ahead of time, the go ahead for distribution rights for Evangelion 2, 3 and 4.
Last edited by DarkApollo on Mon Mar 22, 2010 4:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Reichu
Admin Emeritus
Admin Emeritus
Posts: 24046
Joined: Aug 21, 2004
Location: Sailing for the white shores
Gender: Female
Contact:

Postby Reichu » Mon Mar 22, 2010 4:10 pm

DarkApollo, telling people they're wrong again and again doesn't make you right. If you can't substantiate your claims, don't make them.

You are also coming across as being overtly adversarial. Please do something about that. Thanks.
さらば、全てのEvaGeeks。
「滅びの運命は新生の喜びでもある」
Departure Message | The Arqa Apocrypha: An Evangelion Analysis Blog

DarkApollo
Banned
User avatar
Age: 33
Posts: 11
Joined: Mar 21, 2010
Location: United States of America.
Gender: Male

Postby DarkApollo » Mon Mar 22, 2010 4:14 pm

View Original PostReichu wrote:DarkApollo, telling people they're wrong again and again doesn't make you right. If you can't substantiate your claims, don't make them.

You are also coming across as being overtly adversarial. Please do something about that. Thanks.


I reserve the right to tell someone they are wrong if I deem it so. Just as anyone has the right to tell me I'm wrong. And I disagree, I'm not being overtly adversarial, I have not spewed any ad hominem. I never said merely calling someone wrong would make me right, but if I view someone as wrong, I view them as wrong and vice versa. That's just the way it is. People will not always or even necessarily usually agree. That's life. I'm disregarding your advice as it is not helpful or meaningful.

Edit 1: This is a forum, people will express differing opinions, obviously. You defend the rights of others to tell me I'm wrong but you attack me for me telling them they are wrong. That is called double standard.

NAveryW
Insect Politician
Insect Politician
User avatar
Age: 30
Posts: 5063
Joined: Dec 21, 2006

Postby NAveryW » Mon Mar 22, 2010 4:18 pm

View Original PostDarkApollo wrote:Now there is no reason to continue this and persist just because you want to have the last word, I'm waiting for you to resort to personal attacks and ad hominem. You've said what you had to say and I've said my opinion. You're not changing my opinion on the matter, I'm not changing yours, which puts us at a stand still. Then kindagarten logic comes into play, we can stand out in the play yard saying "You suck!" and replying "No! You suck!" all day but it will get us nowhere.
The goal of debate isn't to prove that you're right, but to become right if you aren't. I have no interest in proving superiority, but I've provided an official statement that, as of the time this thread was started, 3.0's production had not. You've presented the existence of a teaser that is, in all likelihood, made of mockup animation like the first one was. Give some evidence to support your statement and I'll be glad to say that Sadamoto and I were wrong.
"Today?... hmm... today... right... Um... I'm just gonna wing it." -Guess who

DarkApollo
Banned
User avatar
Age: 33
Posts: 11
Joined: Mar 21, 2010
Location: United States of America.
Gender: Male

Postby DarkApollo » Mon Mar 22, 2010 4:21 pm

View Original PostNAveryW wrote:The goal of debate isn't to prove that you're right, but to become right if you aren't. I have no interest in proving superiority, but I've provided an official statement and you've presented the existence of a teaser that is, in all likelihood, made of mockup animation like the first one was. Give some evidence to support your statement and I'll be glad to say that Sadamoto and I were wrong.


You do not speak for Sadamoto and are in no way his representative, so you could not conceivably apologise or admit being wrong on his behalf. I agree on the goal of debate here, this is not personal, its not about you and I. So we have common ground there.

Or maybe you are Sadamoto's representative, secretly hiding out here. In which case, time for you to leak information, even if we have to torture it out of you.

NAveryW
Insect Politician
Insect Politician
User avatar
Age: 30
Posts: 5063
Joined: Dec 21, 2006

Postby NAveryW » Mon Mar 22, 2010 4:23 pm

View Original PostDarkApollo wrote:You do not speak for Sadamoto and are in no way his representative, so you could not conceivably apologise or admit being wrong on his behalf. I agree on the goal of debate here, this is not personal, its not about you and I. So we have common ground there.
Saying I'm glad Sadamoto was wrong has nothing to do with speaking for him. I mean I'd personally be glad if he was wrong because that'd mean I'd get to see the film sooner. So do you have anything to substantiate that Sadamoto didn't know what he was talking about or not?
"Today?... hmm... today... right... Um... I'm just gonna wing it." -Guess who

DarkApollo
Banned
User avatar
Age: 33
Posts: 11
Joined: Mar 21, 2010
Location: United States of America.
Gender: Male

Postby DarkApollo » Mon Mar 22, 2010 4:25 pm

View Original PostNAveryW wrote:Saying I'm glad Sadamoto was wrong has nothing to do with speaking for him. I mean I'd personally be glad if he was wrong because that'd mean I'd get to see the film sooner. So do you have anything to substantiate that Sadamoto didn't know what he was talking about or not?


According to Reichu, I don't know what I'm talking about. My claims and positions are unsubstantiated, I have no proof or validity whatsoever. I'm as good as a troll who needs to alter behavioral patterns or else I get banned. So I dont think you have anything to worry about here. I'm the one that needs to worry, the one with cause for concern.

On the other hand, if you wanted Evangelion 3 in your lifetime, maybe you do have something to worry about.

JoeD80
Gaghiel
Gaghiel
Posts: 395
Joined: Jan 08, 2010
Location: Los Angeles

Postby JoeD80 » Mon Mar 22, 2010 4:27 pm

View Original PostDarkApollo wrote:According to Reichu, I don't know what I'm talking about. My claims and positions are unsubstantiated, I have no proof or validity whatsoever.

Well the fact that you still haven't provided proof sure seems to point to not having any. Having seen the preview from the end of 2.0 hardly counts.

NAveryW
Insect Politician
Insect Politician
User avatar
Age: 30
Posts: 5063
Joined: Dec 21, 2006

Postby NAveryW » Mon Mar 22, 2010 4:28 pm

I asked for your statement, not Reichu's. Not quite sure why I bothered, though.
"Today?... hmm... today... right... Um... I'm just gonna wing it." -Guess who

Ornette
Administrator
Administrator
User avatar
Age: 46
Posts: 11846
Joined: Dec 26, 2005
Location: Pittsburgh/New York City
Gender: Male
Contact:

Postby Ornette » Mon Mar 22, 2010 5:01 pm

View Original PostAdam wrote:BTW, how many months in advance did they announce the exact date for 2.0? Must have been around spring 2009, if I'm correct?

Feb 19th 2009, http://www.evageeks.org/2009/02/its-official-rebuild-of-evangelion-20-on-june-27th-2009/
But we found an insider rumor a week before the official announcement that pegged the date: http://www.evageeks.org/2009/02/possible-release-date-for-evangelion-20/

Twin Drive Sigma Aquarion
Banned
User avatar
Age: 30
Posts: 4166
Joined: Feb 11, 2010
Gender: Male

Postby Twin Drive Sigma Aquarion » Mon Mar 22, 2010 5:04 pm

If that's the case shouldn't we be expecting a release date some time this April?

Legendary
Test Subject
Test Subject
User avatar
Age: 29
Posts: 2814
Joined: Jun 11, 2008
Gender: Male

Postby Legendary » Mon Mar 22, 2010 5:15 pm

If it comes out this year.

cat42
Lilin
Lilin
User avatar
Posts: 1243
Joined: Aug 20, 2006
Location: The editing room
Contact:

Postby cat42 » Mon Mar 22, 2010 6:46 pm

I will agree with DarkApollo about 3.0 being in the works. After all, if the script isn't finished yet, it
's certainly being written, and a title and some mock up stuff all but prove Anno has at least give some thought to at least some of the concepts that'll be in the movie (after all, the preview wasn't necessarily written by Anno).

However, about there being finished animation, I'd say the furthest along they would most likely be would be is Story boarding IF that. Most likely, still preproduction. But preproduction does count as in the works.

Live Action Movie: Evangelion, after all, is also in the works.

So everybody is semi-right!
:asuka_thumbsup:
"...I follow you both online and offline, and I am a 4-dimensional manifestation of absolute evil..." - Reichu-tachi
"In all cases, eventually it becomes necessary to decide to 'deliberately betray the fans.'" - Yoji Enokido
I believe in the director of Eva 1.11.

Gendo'sPapa
Committeeperson
Committeeperson
User avatar
Age: 35
Posts: 5300
Joined: Oct 24, 2006
Gender: Male

Postby Gendo'sPapa » Mon Mar 22, 2010 6:47 pm

Nah. 3.0 will come out in 2011. Probably May or June.

It was October 2008 that we got news on the title of 2.0 and that Sadamoto poster with all the kids on the stairs. So the only real information I expect to hear on 3.0 this year is a title and hopefully a new poster....and not just another variation on the original one. Only now with more eyepatch.

chaosakita
Leliel
Leliel
User avatar
Age: 26
Posts: 721
Joined: Nov 17, 2009
Gender: Female

Postby chaosakita » Mon Mar 22, 2010 9:49 pm

No way, it's so soon already! I can't believe it!
Avatar: Shinji and Kaworu get ice cream

Adam
Adam
User avatar
Posts: 90
Joined: May 10, 2009
Location: South Pole

Postby Adam » Mon Mar 22, 2010 10:55 pm

View Original PostDarkApollo wrote:Actually what I'm saying is, you are wrong. Evangelion 3 is in the works and it has been in the works, despite what you say.

At least back up you statement, like I do, saying "a friend of a friend said so..." or something :cool:
Coz this now sounds like you're pretending to be some guy with inside information, who doesn't even try to hint at the source your info is based on.
Of course the movie is in the works. Way before 2.0 made it to theaters, the production crew (well, there are different stages in movie production) must have went on with the following project. At least this would be normal in the case of movie series = standard procedure. So, a script should be the least what's finished, especially now, more than half a year after the theatrical release of 2.0

View Original PostDarkApollo wrote:Or maybe you are Sadamoto's representative, secretly hiding out here. In which case, time for you to leak information, even if we have to torture it out of you.

Then who the hell are you? How do you know 4.0 is still planned? For one I don't really understand now how poeple got to say that they (Khara) plan to finish the series with just a 45 minutes movie (Q/3.0). But on the other hand, if you don't deliver something that supports what you write, then I wish everyone would just ignore you as far as this matter is concerned.

View Original PostOrnette wrote:Feb 19th 2009, http://www.evageeks.org/2009/02/its-official-rebuild-of-evangelion-20-on-june-27th-2009/
But we found an insider rumor a week before the official announcement that pegged the date: http://www.evageeks.org/2009/02/possible-release-date-for-evangelion-20/

Thanks a lot for the research. Hmm, so for a summer release we're running a bit late on official information. I mean, I guess there's no standard marketing scheme for promoting movies so-and-so-many months before bringing them to theaters. Still, let's hope we get to see this baby in autumn. But then, maybe we just have to wait another year, to keep the pace (about 2 years between each movie). Plus, this means they get more time to milk the cash cow. Ach, speculations...
:bs:
Last edited by Adam on Tue Mar 23, 2010 5:41 am, edited 1 time in total.

Eva 04
Sandalphon
Sandalphon
User avatar
Posts: 524
Joined: Jun 13, 2009

Postby Eva 04 » Mon Mar 22, 2010 11:01 pm

3.0 will probably come out next year.Wasnt 2.0 slated to be released back in 08 but had the date changed and came out last summer?The same thing might happen with 3.0.Honestly,I expect it to happen.And it wouldnt suprise me one bit.And who said Final isnt planned?It's planned.It's just we dont know if it'll be a stand alone film or will be showed with 3.0.

EvaCub
Ireul
Ireul
User avatar
Age: 29
Posts: 672
Joined: Sep 08, 2007
Location: Fort Collins, Colorado
Gender: Male

Postby EvaCub » Mon Mar 22, 2010 11:42 pm

2011 for 3.0 Im sure haha this year would be a dream though :)
My Anime List
Apjak:"Basically, to make an A.T. field gun, you'd have to make a gun that fires Evangelions. Not a very efficient use.
SailorStarDust:"No, everything has SOME meaning to it in Eva!"
Reichu on Sequel Theory:lights bandwagon on fire again:

chaosakita
Leliel
Leliel
User avatar
Age: 26
Posts: 721
Joined: Nov 17, 2009
Gender: Female

Postby chaosakita » Tue Mar 23, 2010 12:21 am

I didn't read, this was posted last year. lol I was so excited. They haven't even started showing trailers for this yet. I haven't seen 2.0 either, so...
Avatar: Shinji and Kaworu get ice cream

Hatsumi92
Shamshel
Shamshel
User avatar
Posts: 299
Joined: Nov 13, 2009
Gender: Female

Postby Hatsumi92 » Tue Mar 23, 2010 12:23 am

Well 1.11 had a trailer for 2.0 on right.

So maybe 2.22 will have a trailer for 3.0 and possibly a release date because the 2.0 trailer had a date at the end.

I find the release date being on the DVD/BD exclusively unlikely, but possibly Gainax could announce something just before the release of 2.22's DVD/BD release.

Kind of like how 2.0's cinema release was advertised.


Return to “Rebuild of Evangelion Discussion”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests