Universal reset button theory in Rebuild

Discussion of the new series of Evangelion movies ( "Evangelion Shin Gekijōban", meaning "Evangelion: New Theatrical Edition"). The final instalment made its debut in Japan on March 8, 2021.

Moderators: Rebuild/OT Moderators, Board Staff

Forum rules
By visiting this forum, you agree to read the rules for discussion.
KaaVI
Lilith

Universal reset button theory (possible spoilers) in Rebuild

•      
  •      

Postby KaaVI » Sun Mar 14, 2010 3:04 am

in the EoE when Rei approaches Shinji in what is left of earth she says that Shinji can recreate the world in whichever way he likes.

i think that Shinji used some sort of reset button that set back time to the beginning of the series.

my evidence

-lilith's neck is slicked and blood is seen hitting the moon.
-in evangelion 1.0 when kaworu is on the moon you can see bloodspatter ont eh surface fo the moon.

-the petrified MP units are on erected on the ground of Tokyo III
-in the rebuild there are giant humanoid outlines (like a murder scene) on the ground which almost 100% mimmics the pose of the MP evangelions

- in the original series Misato was oblivious to lilith's existence until Kaji showed her and the purple 7 eyes of god mask falls off lilith's head in EoE.
- in evangelion 1.0 Misato has knowlege and shows Shinji what Nerv is protecting and lilith's mask has been replaced by that of an angel's

-we can also see on the moon that there are several coffins lined up before the kaoru (kaworu) we know rises, this must mean that previous kaoru's were awakened which indicated the one from episode 22 and the kaoru dummy plugs that were piloting the MP evangelions.

- my last evidence although not entirely serious, is the fanservice Shinji recieves, the new Asuka plugsuit, mari's inclusion, mari on top of Shinji, a naked kawour, kaworu saving shinkji with a dramatic entrance and Kaji asking Shinji out on a date(jokingly)

can anyone add to my theory?
Kaworu is in my bed, all is right with the world.

Mr. Tines
Administrator
Administrator

•      
  •      

Postby Mr. Tines » Sun Mar 14, 2010 3:14 am

I think you want to start with reading this thread

http://forum.evageeks.org/viewtopic.php?t=4369

which is currently in time out.
Reminder: Play nicely <<>> My vanity publishing:- NGE|blog|Photos|retro-blog|Fanfics &c.|MAL|𝕏|🐸|🦣

KaaVI
Lilith

•      
  •      

Postby KaaVI » Sun Mar 14, 2010 3:43 am

Mr. Tines wrote:I think you want to start with reading this thread

http://forum.evageeks.org/viewtopic.php?t=4369

which is currently in time out.

thank you for the heads up i didnt see that... my bad
sorry for wasting your time

i still hope people put their opinons and add to this theory however

AuraTwilight
Angel
Angel

•      
  •      

Postby AuraTwilight » Sun Mar 14, 2010 3:54 pm

in the EoE when Rei approaches Shinji in what is left of earth she says that Shinji can recreate the world in whichever way he likes.

She says no such thing.
J_Faulkner, be warned that some of your statements could be construed as ad hominem attacks. -- Priceless, eternal irony

Anno has perfected the side boob --Gendo'sPapa

Mr. Tines
Administrator
Administrator

•      
  •      

Postby Mr. Tines » Sun Mar 14, 2010 4:01 pm

I suspect OP is mis-remembering

Rei:
Anyone can return to human form as long as they can imagine themselves in their own heart.
Reminder: Play nicely <<>> My vanity publishing:- NGE|blog|Photos|retro-blog|Fanfics &c.|MAL|𝕏|🐸|🦣

Legendary
Test Subject
Test Subject

Re: Universal reset button theory (possible spoilers) in Reb

•      
  •      

Postby Legendary » Sun Mar 14, 2010 4:14 pm

KaaVI wrote:-lilith's neck is slicked and blood is seen hitting the moon.
-in evangelion 1.0 when kaworu is on the moon you can see bloodspatter ont eh surface fo the moon.

I believe that either 1.0 or 2.0 confirm that this is from the Evangelion being built on the moon through visual evidence.

-the petrified MP units are on erected on the ground of Tokyo III
-in the rebuild there are giant humanoid outlines (like a murder scene) on the ground which almost 100% mimmics the pose of the MP evangelions

There is no explanation for this at this time, but there are possibilities.

- in the original series Misato was oblivious to lilith's existence until Kaji showed her and the purple 7 eyes of god mask falls off lilith's head in EoE.
- in evangelion 1.0 Misato has knowlege and shows Shinji what Nerv is protecting and lilith's mask has been replaced by that of an angel's

Setting back time would not explain either of these things.

-we can also see on the moon that there are several coffins lined up before the kaoru (kaworu) we know rises, this must mean that previous kaoru's were awakened which indicated the one from episode 22 and the kaoru dummy plugs that were piloting the MP evangelions.

The numbers (four already open, Kaworu's the fifth, and at least four more on the other side) suggest that each coffin corresponds to an Angel, not a Kaworu.

- my last evidence although not entirely serious

So I will not comment on it.

Joseph the PRPD
Elder God
Elder God

•      
  •      

Postby Joseph the PRPD » Mon Mar 15, 2010 1:57 pm

Shinji had the chance to re-create the world (as seen in EoTV and I believe in EoE as well) during instrumentality but he chose not to.

If he chose to reset or change the world we would have had seen a different ending in EoE.
That is all.
Cheese wheel in the U.S. Coast Guard.

Halicat
Bardiel
Bardiel

•      
  •      

Postby Halicat » Tue Mar 16, 2010 7:23 am

Well I am sure that red splatter all over the moon is LCL, there where other times I noticed they changed it to red [Like when Gendo opens the entry plug to get to Rei] What I'm most curious about and you bringing this up reminded me of it, is WTF did Kaworu mean when he said that thing along the lines of 'I'll make you happy Shinji'?

I am so sitting down tonight and tomorrow and re-watching 0.1 and 0.2, when I do so, I'll come back here :P

AyrYntake
Sahaquiel
Sahaquiel

•      
  •      

Postby AyrYntake » Tue Mar 16, 2010 12:17 pm

I didn't know LCL stained so. If it did, wouldn't Asuka, Rei and Shinji all come out of the entry plug looking covered head to toe in red? That said, EoE does make it very convincing that some of GNR's blood would have gone onto the moon, and in a similar manner to that found in RoE no less.

Joseph the PRPD wrote:Shinji had the chance to re-create the world (as seen in EoTV and I believe in EoE as well) during instrumentality but he chose not to.

If he chose to reset or change the world we would have had seen a different ending in EoE.
That is all.

He chose not to reset the world--and thus what we see in RoE could well be (not saying that it IS) a continuation of the events of EoE. Remember, those who had the will to return could return at whatever point in time they wanted. I think this is what's meant by the "reset" KaaVI is talking about. Sequel theory, no more.
Cirrus, Socrates, particle, decibel, hurricane, dolphin, tulip

Halicat
Bardiel
Bardiel

•      
  •      

Postby Halicat » Tue Mar 16, 2010 1:38 pm

View Original PostAyrYntake wrote:He chose not to reset the world--and thus what we see in RoE could well be (not saying that it IS) a continuation of the events of EoE. Remember, those who had the will to return could return at whatever point in time they wanted. I think this is what's meant by the "reset" KaaVI is talking about. Sequel theory, no more.

If it is a continuation, anyone have any ideas on how they forgot about everything that happened previously? It's a little convienant they all went back to the same point in history.

Joseph the PRPD
Elder God
Elder God

•      
  •      

Postby Joseph the PRPD » Tue Mar 16, 2010 2:38 pm

View Original PostAyrYntake wrote:He chose not to reset the world

That is correct.

and thus what we see in RoE could well be a continuation of the events of EoE.

I don't see how. Seriously. Everything was destroyed in EoE and Shinji was traumatized due to loneliness and I highly doubt everyone could just instantly forget what happened.

Remember, those who had the will to return could return at whatever point in time they wanted

When was this said? I remember that if someone had the will to return "and saw themselves within their own heart" (or something among those lines) that person could return from the sea LCL.

This is turning into another sequel theory thread. I don't like it.
:rageface:

KaaVI
Lilith

•      
  •      

Postby KaaVI » Wed Mar 17, 2010 7:55 am

View Original PostJoseph the PRPD wrote:

i dont like it either thats why i made this to support some of my theory

and yes even though he created our religion MR K is an epic troll

pay attention to the water at the top right and compare the whitewash to the bottom one almost identical

Reichu
Admin Emeritus
Admin Emeritus

•      
  •      

Postby Reichu » Wed Mar 17, 2010 9:52 am

PRPD wrote:This is turning into another sequel theory thread. I don't like it.

Yeah, that thread basically covered every possible angle ad nauseum.

I'm guessing you haven't glanced at it yet, KaaVI, but the thread basically has people posting the same basic set of arguments arguing for some kind of sequel or cyclical whatever in Rebuild (complete with the Anno Troll image), and the same set of refutations being thrown at them, and it goes round and round and round. This thread is another spin on the wheel.
さらば、全てのEvaGeeks。
「滅びの運命は新生の喜びでもある」
Departure Message | The Arqa Apocrypha: An Evangelion Analysis Blog

Xard
Banned

•      
  •      

Postby Xard » Wed Mar 17, 2010 10:24 am

^ that is why I find sequel theory threads interesting hints about possible existence for metaphysical proofs of samsara :tongue:

that's just about only value they have though

AuraTwilight
Angel
Angel

•      
  •      

Postby AuraTwilight » Wed Mar 17, 2010 12:11 pm

"turning into"? That's the OP of this thread.
J_Faulkner, be warned that some of your statements could be construed as ad hominem attacks. -- Priceless, eternal irony

Anno has perfected the side boob --Gendo'sPapa

Joseph the PRPD
Elder God
Elder God

•      
  •      

Postby Joseph the PRPD » Wed Mar 17, 2010 1:59 pm

View Original PostKaaVI wrote:http://i260.photobucket.com/albums/ii14/kaanVI/1268641510897.jpg

pay attention to the...

Grr...... Click here.

Legendary
Test Subject
Test Subject

•      
  •      

Postby Legendary » Wed Mar 17, 2010 5:37 pm

Or, perhaps, we'll do it me-style.

"The third again, huh? You never change." <--- still no clue what this means. nice as supplement, but not good enough on its own.

Blue sea vs. red sea <--- established as a post-2I thing in this universe.

Outline vs. MP Eva <--- the chalk outline is wrong, though. The proportions aren't quite right and the head is too big.

Moon bloodstreak <--- related to Moon Giant, ends at its pit

Ocean scene <--- seen in Nadia as well. They just reuse that pattern because it looks real and it's easier than making a new one each time.

Xard
Banned

•      
  •      

Postby Xard » Wed Mar 17, 2010 5:41 pm

View Original PostLegendary wrote:
Ocean scene <--- seen in Nadia as well. They just reuse that pattern because it looks real and it's easier than making a new one each time.

it's something of a thematic or metafictional echo: by binding final scene of EoE and RoE they establish nice continuity between the works with one simple shot. It's not in-universe thing of course...

(btw, they redrew everything for RoE, including dat wave)

Legendary
Test Subject
Test Subject

•      
  •      

Postby Legendary » Wed Mar 17, 2010 5:45 pm

Except my point is that it's NOT an echo because it's used in an unrelated work. Yes, they're redrawn all three times, but it's like what coders do: They find something that works and they reuse the resource because it works.

Xard
Banned

•      
  •      

Postby Xard » Wed Mar 17, 2010 5:50 pm

View Original PostLegendary wrote:Except my point is that it's NOT an echo because it's used in an unrelated work. Yes, they're redrawn all three times, but it's like what coders do: They find something that works and they reuse the resource because it works.

Are you sure they redrew it for NGE TV? They recycled some bits of animation straight from Nadia you know. Just because similar shot was used in Nadia does not remove its specific associations within NGE franchise

and I don't see how it could not be a echo since it is one-to-one same with EoE shot. Remember that it's only shot in 1.0's beginning that's NOT "straight" from tv series. It was added in there for a reason.

Heck, it really worked since those proposing sequel theory actually use it as an evidence. :P

Anno's got a lot of visual motifs etc. going throughout his works - it's not simply "using something that works". There are many ways to draw waves & beach.

Return to “Rebuild of Evangelion Discussion”