Couldn't Ramiel just blast his way into the Geofront?

Discussion of the new series of Evangelion movies ( "Evangelion Shin Gekijōban", meaning "Evangelion: New Theatrical Edition"). The final installment is scheduled to debut in Japan on January 23, 2021.

Moderators: Rebuild/OT Moderators, Board Staff

wonderluster
Clockiel
Clockiel

•      
  •      

Postby wonderluster » Sat Jan 16, 2010 9:52 pm

Isn't that just like double posting? Well I suppose the Angels know how to break all the rules don't they?
On the path to Universal Understanding.

Mad
Lilith

•      
  •      

Postby Mad » Sat Jan 16, 2010 11:35 pm

Sachi wrote:
Mad wrote:Didn't Sachiel cheat and hit a building? I'm pretty sure he blasts a building which effectively knocks it down into the Geofront.

One of the city's defenses is to lower the buildings into the Geofront for safekeeping during an Angel attack. When Sachiel began blasting through the Geofront, he probably knocked one of the buildings off its hinges and it fell to Nerv HQ. This doesn't impy that he was cheating, merely that he made it deep enough to actually effect those buildings. Then he blasts again and we see the cross explosion coming from the ceiling of the Geofront, showing that he made it through all the way.

Right, see I thought that he might have hit the bottom (or top, depends on the way you look at it) of one of the retracted buildings, which then knocks the building down out of its holding place and effectively makes a hole in the Geofront.
Lolfreudian

Sachi
Oh Daddy!
Oh Daddy!

•      
  •      

Postby Sachi » Sun Jan 17, 2010 3:25 am

Mad wrote:Right, see I thought that he might have hit the bottom (or top, depends on the way you look at it) of one of the retracted buildings, which then knocks the building down out of its holding place and effectively makes a hole in the Geofront.

The cross descending from the ceiling shows the breach in which Sachiel created. Had that cross not come from the ceiling, it may arguable if he even made it through to the Geofront. But it did, so no arguments tonight.
- Sachi

I host the discord server for the EvaGeeks forums. Join us! https://discord.gg/cWq9XGTjxd

Mad
Lilith

•      
  •      

Postby Mad » Sun Jan 17, 2010 1:48 pm

Sachi wrote:
Mad wrote:Right, see I thought that he might have hit the bottom (or top, depends on the way you look at it) of one of the retracted buildings, which then knocks the building down out of its holding place and effectively makes a hole in the Geofront.

The cross descending from the ceiling shows the breach in which Sachiel created. Had that cross not come from the ceiling, it may arguable if he even made it through to the Geofront. But it did, so no arguments tonight.

Okay I just went and watched episode 1 again. Yeah, he blasts the crap out of one spot for awhile, eventually he blasts through into the Geofront which knocks several buildings out of place. This of course causes an "earthquake" in NERV and this is when Unit 01 protects Shinji.

So yeah, you're right. Sachiel actually blasts through the protective armor.
Lolfreudian

Grimmjow
Gaghiel
Gaghiel

•      
  •      

Postby Grimmjow » Sun Jan 31, 2010 5:09 pm

Another possibility is that Ramiel simply lacks the ability to shoot straight down, hence he needs his drill to do the dirty work for him. There's also the issue of whether or not his beam would have much effect on the layers of armor. He might be able to blow apart one layer but then he would have to continue to shoot which would leave him vulnerable to an attack by an Eva.

Eva 04
Sandalphon
Sandalphon

•      
  •      

Postby Eva 04 » Sun Jan 31, 2010 5:57 pm

Grimmjow wrote:Another possibility is that Ramiel simply lacks the ability to shoot straight down, hence he needs his drill to do the dirty work for him. There's also the issue of whether or not his beam would have much effect on the layers of armor. He might be able to blow apart one layer but then he would have to continue to shoot which would leave him vulnerable to an attack by an Eva.

Actually,it might be possible for him to shoot straight down.If you watch 1.0 where the street Unit 01 is on lowers,it's particle beam lowers along with it.Wheither or not this proves anything I dont know but I think it's interesting.And Ramiel can adjust the beam's power to suit the situation so I think it can blast through more then 1 layer.Just not at the rate Zeruel can.

wonderluster
Clockiel
Clockiel

•      
  •      

Postby wonderluster » Sun Jan 31, 2010 9:48 pm

Yes as much as Ramiel can adjust its beam, I wouldn't believe that it could shoot straight down because the amount of power it was pumpin out on Unit 01 was unbelieveable. and later it destroyed a freakin mountain. What Im saying is, when they brang Unit 01 underground to avoid Ramiels beam, why is it that Ram cut off the beam instead of just blasting through the layers.

Eva 04
Sandalphon
Sandalphon

•      
  •      

Postby Eva 04 » Sun Jan 31, 2010 10:53 pm

wonderluster wrote:Yes as much as Ramiel can adjust its beam, I wouldn't believe that it could shoot straight down because the amount of power it was pumpin out on Unit 01 was unbelieveable. and later it destroyed a freakin mountain. What Im saying is, when they brang Unit 01 underground to avoid Ramiels beam, why is it that Ram cut off the beam instead of just blasting through the layers.

It's probably because the Eva was being taken away and Ramiel figured it wouldnt have to deal with it any longer so it cut off the beam.Ramiel probably could blast straight down given how it can shape shift in Rebuild and could change into a shape that would let it blast straight down.

wonderluster
Clockiel
Clockiel

•      
  •      

Postby wonderluster » Sun Jan 31, 2010 11:03 pm

Eva 04 wrote:
wonderluster wrote:Yes as much as Ramiel can adjust its beam, I wouldn't believe that it could shoot straight down because the amount of power it was pumpin out on Unit 01 was unbelieveable. and later it destroyed a freakin mountain. What Im saying is, when they brang Unit 01 underground to avoid Ramiels beam, why is it that Ram cut off the beam instead of just blasting through the layers.

It's probably because the Eva was being taken away and Ramiel figured it wouldnt have to deal with it any longer so it cut off the beam.Ramiel probably could blast straight down given how it can shape shift in Rebuild and could change into a shape that would let it blast straight down.

You're right, it would just kill plot...

Eva 04
Sandalphon
Sandalphon

•      
  •      

Postby Eva 04 » Sun Jan 31, 2010 11:12 pm

Exactly^^^.I think Ramiel can shoot straight down.It's just that if it did,the movie would end and everyone would die.

Return to “Rebuild of Evangelion Discussion”