What do you want to see in Q and Final?

Discussion of the new series of Evangelion movies ( "Evangelion Shin Gekijōban", meaning "Evangelion: New Theatrical Edition"). The final instalment made its debut in Japan on March 8, 2021.

Moderators: Rebuild/OT Moderators, Board Staff

Forum rules
By visiting this forum, you agree to read the rules for discussion.
Gendo'sPapa
Committeeperson
Committeeperson

•      
  •      

Postby Gendo'sPapa » Fri Jan 15, 2010 4:38 pm

Bears.

Giant terrifying Bears.

Axell
Bridge Bunny
Bridge Bunny

•      
  •      

Postby Axell » Fri Jan 15, 2010 4:40 pm

ukulelembo wrote:I want Shinji x Rei End! :pray:

Must....resist....urge.....to....kill...self
Its only fanart....Its only fanart....Its only fanart....Its only fanart....Its only fanart....Its only fanart....

bladerj
Lilin
Lilin

•      
  •      

Postby bladerj » Fri Jan 15, 2010 9:00 pm

Asuka, Misato and maia naked.
ANATA BAKA !?

Sammaeloo
Bridge Bunny
Bridge Bunny

•      
  •      

Postby Sammaeloo » Fri Jan 15, 2010 9:25 pm

I'm hoping for something really mind-screwy but not mind-rapey. I'm hoping for some sort of closure too.
Seize the day.....by the throat....
I hate mcdonalds because their mascot is a creepy spooky clown who looks like he smells funny. Seriously every time I see ronald I think he's secretly some sort of rapist who turns people into hamburgers. Also their food sucks. -Defectron
Our plumbing is messed up and my dad will not call anybody because he's a cheap asshole. Fuck you old man, fucking call someone. Some of us want to stay sanitary. -backseatjesus

NeverKnowsBest.
Embryo

•      
  •      

Postby NeverKnowsBest. » Fri Jan 15, 2010 9:56 pm

im shooting for a happy Asuka & Shinji ending with some mind rape on the side with a hint of sadness and a end to the series... and to tie all the loose ends up
My Signature? Well its just class...

Lucretius
Eva Technician
Eva Technician

•      
  •      

Postby Lucretius » Fri Jan 15, 2010 11:25 pm

BattleMonkey wrote:I would also like to see perhaps a time skip of an ending with a brief showing of the characters a bit older.

An ending that explicitly shows the fates of all the major characters would be an amusing contrast to the show. And eliminate chances for fanwank.

He shuddered a bit, remembering the somewhat creepy level of detail Kaji had gone into, while rubbing a watermelon in a disturbingly sexual way.

Life is a continuous nut-kicking contest where your turn comes last if ever. -majlund

Proud supporter of Shinji x Sachiel

Agentomega
Eva Technician
Eva Technician

•      
  •      

Postby Agentomega » Sat Jan 16, 2010 3:30 am

I want something that confirms the sequel theory (Yes, I'm on that bandwagon. I mean, so many of the details from 1.0 just point towards it...)

Beyond that vagueness, I don't really have anything specific... Perhaps an explanation of Boneil and Clockiel, specially Clocky. He got totally owned too easily. Oh, want Kaworu! Gotta see what they've got planned for him... I hope he's not like manga Kaworu...
Last edited by Agentomega on Fri Jan 22, 2010 12:04 am, edited 1 time in total.
Avatar: Rhoe Amariyo (© 2010-2014 SQUARE ENIX CO., LTD. All Rights Reserved. FINAL FANTASY X|V)
Karigane Shirou in LoL's RP - Rebuild of Evangelion: We Are (Not) Together
"'I was a nerd before it was cool' ~Agent" ~Lance of LoL

LiLi
Marduk Selectee
Marduk Selectee

•      
  •      

Postby LiLi » Sat Jan 16, 2010 3:45 am

^
A flashback to Boniel's sad sad life could be nice... but that might have worked better as some sort of preface to the 2.0 movie... :sob:

Scenes from the Future Fates of the characters, while potentially interesting, would maybe put too much of a wet blanket on fanwank.
Unless it's something really surreal and 'alternative' (à la Make-up Artist Kaworu). :naughty:

How about an animated 3D version of Giant Naked Burt Reynolds prancing about in the post 3I world yelling absurdities in broken Japanese to metaphorically represent the situation with weaboo otaku cosplayers in Japan? In the global Era, the message of Eva becomes international!
(Next 3D remake: Weaboo Alien Cosplayers).

A cameo by Miyazaki as Gendo's Father and/or the Last Boss could be fun too. At least, get him to voice one of the Monoliths!

Also, Yui as a metaphorical Mothra spawning twin larvae Shinji and Rei.
"People need more stfu in their diets." (NemZ)
"It was brainf@rt at first sight." [LiLi on Romance, II]

AVATAR - CUPCAKE CAT, SHOPPED BY NemZ

Joseph the PRPD
Elder God
Elder God

•      
  •      

Postby Joseph the PRPD » Sat Jan 16, 2010 5:40 am

^- That would be quite the mind screw.

LiLi wrote:^How about an animated 3D version of Giant Naked Burt Reynolds prancing about in the post 3I world yelling absurdities in broken Japanese to metaphorically represent the situation with weaboo otaku cosplayers in Japan? In the global Era, the message of Eva becomes international!

Ha GNBR! Good times...

Agentomega wrote:I want something that confirms the sequel theory (Yes, I'm on that bandwagon. I mean, so many of the details from 1.0 just point towards it...)

=_=
Cheese wheel in the U.S. Coast Guard.

SaltyJoe
Nerv Scientist
Nerv Scientist

•      
  •      

Postby SaltyJoe » Sat Jan 16, 2010 5:59 am

Agentomega wrote:I want something that confirms the sequel theory (Yes, I'm on that bandwagon. I mean, so many of the details from 1.0 just point towards it...)

And then Mari will be revealed to be Unit-07, and Rebuild will be officially renamed Diebustgelion.

LiLi wrote:A cameo by Miyazaki as Gendo's Father and/or the Last Boss could be fun too. At least, get him to voice one of the Monoliths!

The "Meeting of the Fated Children" mentioned in the 3.0 trailer will involve Yui as a Trancended Spirit giving the Children five rings imbued with elemental powers, which, when combined will be able to summon Miyazaki in a red Speedo and with a bad haircut. The environmentalist notes struck in 2.0 obviously point towards this.

If that will be the case, i want the final scene of 4.0 to be Miyazaki finally giving Anno permission to do that spin-off story centered around Kushana from Nausicaa.
"Outside of a dog, a book is man's best friend. Inside of a dog, it is too dark to read."

LiLi
Marduk Selectee
Marduk Selectee

•      
  •      

Postby LiLi » Sat Jan 16, 2010 7:53 am

SaltyJoe wrote:If that will be the case, i want the final scene of 4.0 to be Miyazaki finally giving Anno permission to do that spin-off story centered around Kushana from Nausicaa.

I actually wanted to include a Nausicaa reference - this sounds good.

Or - how about a new pilot who looks suspiciously like Kushana?

NOWAIT: maybe post-Bardiel-Shikinami-Asuka will be modeled after Kushana. Ohmu=> Angel - Kushana=>Asuka.

AuraTwilight
Angel
Angel

•      
  •      

Postby AuraTwilight » Sat Jan 16, 2010 1:11 pm

I want something that confirms the sequel theory (Yes, I'm on that bandwagon. I mean, so many of the details from 1.0 just point towards it...)

And almost all of them were given non-sequel explanations in 2.0, so...
J_Faulkner, be warned that some of your statements could be construed as ad hominem attacks. -- Priceless, eternal irony

Anno has perfected the side boob --Gendo'sPapa

SaltyJoe
Nerv Scientist
Nerv Scientist

•      
  •      

Postby SaltyJoe » Sat Jan 16, 2010 2:16 pm

LiLi wrote:NOWAIT: maybe post-Bardiel-Shikinami-Asuka will be modeled after Kushana. Ohmu=> Angel - Kushana=>Asuka.

That's partly the reason i would be happy, in a perverted sort of way, if she were to be revealed to have suffered massive scarring over her body during the Dummy Plug crushing and one of her arms would be replaced by a mechanical one. It would be like a three way Captain Harlock/Nauiscaa/EoE reference fest, and i would die of an epic geekgasm.

And it would subvert all the physical fanservice from 2.0 quite nicely.
"Outside of a dog, a book is man's best friend. Inside of a dog, it is too dark to read."

LiLi
Marduk Selectee
Marduk Selectee

•      
  •      

Postby LiLi » Sat Jan 16, 2010 2:26 pm

SaltyJoe wrote:It would be like a three way Captain Harlock/Nauiscaa/EoE reference fest, and i would die of an epic geekgasm.

And it would subvert all the physical fanservice from 2.0 quite nicely.

:nod: The psychological/mental contamination of Asuka (and its aftermath) could resonate with Kushana's trauma too... Maybe we could work a little Emeraldas reference into that as well? ;)

Come to think of it, don't you think Anno's penchant for Kushana could have been what prompted him to split Asuka's arm open in EoE to begin with? (With the Harpies playing the part of the Ohmu...)
Last edited by LiLi on Sat Jan 16, 2010 3:02 pm, edited 2 times in total.

asukafan05
Embryo

•      
  •      

Postby asukafan05 » Sat Jan 16, 2010 2:56 pm

I would hope the ending of the Rebuild series be a happy one, and I don't think the NGE or EoE ending will be used to end this series. As I recall, the RoE is suppose to grab non-viewers attention and have them want to be apart of this awesome anime and community!

Also on a side note, after recently watching the entire NGE and EoE , I believe that in 3.0, Asuka's past will be revealed to the audience instead of being infected by the angel.

wonderluster
Clockiel
Clockiel

•      
  •      

Postby wonderluster » Sat Jan 16, 2010 3:49 pm

bladerj wrote:Asuka, Misato and maia naked.

MAYA?!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!??????????????!!!!!!!!
On the path to Universal Understanding.

SaltyJoe
Nerv Scientist
Nerv Scientist

•      
  •      

Postby SaltyJoe » Sun Jan 17, 2010 5:27 am

asukafan05 wrote:Asuka's past will be revealed to the audience instead of being infected by the angel.

So the audience won't be infected by an Angel? But i wanted to be!

EvaCub
Ireul
Ireul

•      
  •      

Postby EvaCub » Sun Jan 17, 2010 6:48 am

an Angel POV scene
maybe thought noise
My Anime List
Apjak:"Basically, to make an A.T. field gun, you'd have to make a gun that fires Evangelions. Not a very efficient use.
SailorStarDust:"No, everything has SOME meaning to it in Eva!"
Reichu on Sequel Theory:lights bandwagon on fire again:

GasmaskAvenger
Re-Gyption Strut
Re-Gyption Strut

•      
  •      

Postby GasmaskAvenger » Sun Jan 17, 2010 1:10 pm

my dream ending:

The world is saved, Shinji is a hero, Rei goes through a Pinocchio-like arc and becomes a real human being, Mari and Kensuke have a WAFFy moment, everyone else does a big, extravagent musical number and Asuka?

SPOILER: Show
She ends up six feet under in which on one side there's a bunch of rotting corpses and on the other side is Chris Barnes, smoking weed and growling unintelligible lyrics into a mic as usual

oh, and Kaworu is spying on that room like in Rear Window and it turns out that Maya was behind it all
Satsuki Kiryuin wants you to turn that frown upside down...
My AU Evangelion Fanfic | My Street Fighter fanfic
XBOX Live: GasmaskAvenger | PSN: GasmaskAvenger
Official "Grindhouse of Evangelion" Discussion, Updates and Cast Sign Up Thread.

SaltyJoe
Nerv Scientist
Nerv Scientist

•      
  •      

Postby SaltyJoe » Sun Jan 17, 2010 1:21 pm

GasmaskAvenger wrote:everyone else does a big, extravagent musical number

And the audience quickly starts to long for "Last B" instead.

Return to “Rebuild of Evangelion Discussion”