[Fic] Ayanami: Vengeance (New Version of Chapter 40 Online!)

Everything Evangelion Fanfiction related.

Moderators: Derantor, Board Staff

GasmaskAvenger
Re-Gyption Strut
Re-Gyption Strut

[Fic] Ayanami: Vengeance (New Version of Chapter 40 Online!)

•      
  •      

Postby GasmaskAvenger » Sun Jan 03, 2010 8:59 am

After some serious consideration & thought, I have finally began typing my very first Evangelion fan fiction (In fact, its actually the first fan fiction I have began working on in at least 4 years, though unlike the others, I WILL complete this one)

Its an alternate universe fanfic with an emphasis on this premise:

What if Rei Ayanami was not a clone of Yui Ikari & was the main protagonist of the series, rather than Shinji Ikari?

With that said & done, some of you will love it & some of you will absolutely hate it, but regardless, something different is always welcome, right?

Anyways, here's the opening Prologue chapter of the tale, while the actual proper Chapter 1 will be online later in the day (I need to catch some sleep now).

This fanfic can also be read here as well

[url]http://www.fanfiction.net/s/5636748/1/Ayanami_Vengeance[/url]

Enjoy!

------------

On September 13th, 2000 a massive explosion in Antarctica occurred.

Many nations and organizations were alarmed by this explosion and due to the controversy and mystery surrounding it multiple wars and conflicts had resulted

Many lives and helpless souls perished and many economies and governments faltered in the fallout.

This catastrophic event was dubbed by many as the “Second Impact"

From the ashes of ruin and disaster, hope for change and prosperity for the future arose.

However, many believed that that something within Antarctica was responsible.

Something beyond human.

Something inhuman.

Many believed that a race of beings were living deep inside Antarctica.

An unusual, mysterious race only known as The Angels.

With the threat of the angels in the near future possible a new breed of combat weapons has been born to answer the call of.

They are....
The Evangelions.

A biomechanical organism of flesh and steel like no other.

However, there are only few on this world that are able to control theses titans of flesh and metal, and all share one thing in common…

They are mere children in their early teens.

Children conceived just after the Second Impact.

It is currently unknown why only they can pilot these potential saviors of the world.

With that said, this tale follows one of those children.

A child who will stand center stage in the spotlight for the fate of mankind..........

Ayanami: Vengeance

Prologue

March 31st, 2001.

Inside a dark, grimy and humid underground parking lot footsteps are heard.

The sound is of a young woman holding a day old child wrapped within a light blue blanket. She was sweaty, panic-stricken and dressed in a damp gray hospital gown with a denim jacket covering it and gray hospital slippers, panting and heaving as she runs through the parking lot to find her charcoal-colored 1998 model Dodge Phase II SR Viper RT/10, GTS. parked with in

Behind her a group of soldiers wearing black body armor, black balaclavas, black helmets, black combat boots and wielding custom outfitted AN-94 Assault Rifles, with their demonic, blazing red laser sights scanning through the area were following her with malicious intent.

The woman with her long, unkempt dark brown hair flowing as she runs, turns her head and sees the soldiers on her tail. A spilt second later she finds her car.

She goes to get in it, reaching her hand to her pocket so that she may retrieve her keys; she hesitates realizing that due to being an escapee, all of her personal belongings were taken away from her, with the jacket being her husband's and the gown and shoes being the company's. She backed away from her car then ran towards it and with a strength befitting a mother protecting her only child; she kicked the left back door window, shattering through it with startling ease.

She then reached her hand in though the broken window, opening the back door. She then grabbed a bassinet sitting on the back seat and frantically pulled it out to shake the shards of glass out of it. She then placed her precious, one day old child into it and then placed it back into the seat, securing it with an seatbelt. She then reached her hand to the driver seat side and unlocked it. She then pulled her arm out of the car and slammed the door shut. She stepped back to steal a glance at her pursuers, they were gaining; she took one more look at her angel in the back seat then entered the car herself.

Once inside, she began to quickly hotwired the car, trying her best to not let the panic and fear grip her. From outside she began to hear muffled gunfire from. And with a spark the car roared to life, she gripped the wheel until her knuckles turned white, put the car in reverse and without a second though, and backed her car out, hitting several soldiers and sending them flying into other nearby parked cars. She then ducked down to avoid getting hit as a hail of gun fire shattered her windshield and blazed out of the parking lot like a bat out of hell, exiting the darkness and entering the light, leaving her pursuers behind.

The remaining soldiers, who rolled out of the way right as the car backed up, stood and saw their fallen comrades on the wrecked cars, bleeding from the wounds received from the impact of landing.

"Aw man. We lost Carth and Boomer.", the lead solider informed his remaining comrades as he examined the stiff, mangled bodies of his deceased men on top of the dented parked cars.

"I know...... but we also let that woman get away. Mr. Lorenz isn't gonna be pleased to hear that", another solider informed her superior officer.

"Yes...especially since the child with her. That, in particular, is why Mr. Lorenz is gonna want my ass on a silver platter with a side order of your heads", the lead soldier replied.

'Well, I guess its time for you to meet your maker then, Rodion", a third soldier informed his superior.

"Yes. Head out", the lead soldier commanded his remaining comrades as they all walked out of the parking lot and into an entranceway to their place of command.

The soldiers walked, with the leader in front down a metallic hallway in which a mixture of various people in business suits and scientists are passing by and doing their own things. They all then walked up to a large oak door with a name plate that read "Keel Lorenz" and they walked inside the room one by one.

As they all stepped inside, they saw a black office chair facing backwards behind a desk. Before any of them could settle in, the person behind the desk informed "Lieutenant Frammartino and Captain Bosque. You are excused" which led to two of them exiting the room, leaving their leader behind.

"General Rodion Nicholaiev. I've been expecting you", the man behind the desk informed him.

"Yes, Mr. Lorenz. I know you have. I am here to inform you that we lost Carth and Boomer", General Brezhnev replied as he stood at attention in front of the table and chair doing his best not to insight and further anger in this man.

"Hmmm....... I wonder why? Did you manage to capture our escapee and the prize she took from us?", Mr. Lorenz, still hidden in view, asked.

General Nicholaiev, having a very nervous look in his face, lightly tiptoed around the room while fiddling his fingers together, replied "Well.. we managed to eliminate her husband, since he got in the way but....uhhhh....ummmm..."

Mr. Lorenz then turned his chair around, revealing him to be an aging gray haired man dressed in a green business suit, leaned in towards his desk, looked into General Nicholaiev's hazel eyes with his piercing dark gray eyes and sternly asked him "Did you...let her escape with the key to humanity's future?"

Shifting his eyes to the left and the right, with a look of absolute nervousness and fear, General Nicholaiev slightly took a glance at Mr. Lorenz's face and chuckled "Heh...she got away". He then nervously nodded his head and added, with his voice reaching a higher octave and chuckling "She got away....she fucking got away. Her husband got in the way! We blew his ass away, but she was too far. She got in her car, backed out and made ragdolls out of Carth and Boomer. Yeah, real ragdolls posing as car ornaments. Trust me, you should've seen it..."

As General Nicholaiev continued to mumble and essentially "one man mosh" through the room, his ranting and passing comments ended up degenerating into pure spastic gibberish, thus prompting Mr. Lorenz to latch onto hold of General Nicholaiev's left shoulder with his right hand and pull him towards the table while slamming his left hand down on the table hard. He then twisted his face into a stiff, snarling look and coldly growled at General Nicholaiev "YOU LET HER GET AWAY WITH THE CHILD!?!?!"

"Ummmm....yes...not intentionally. As I said...", General Nicholaiev frantically jabbered in response as he skittishly rolled his fingers against each other and displayed some twitching in his face.

Mr. Lorenz the put his other hand onto General Nicholaiev's right shoulder and roughly pulled him onto the desk, with his face facing directly into Mr. Lorenz's own face staring at him with a face that displayed absolute rage and anger, with his teeth clamped to each other as he growled "DO YOU NOT REALIZE WHO SHE IS, GENERAL NICHOLAIEV? DO YOU?!?"

"Uhhhh...not exactly, Mr. Lorenz...", General Nicholaiev admitted in a spooked tone.

Mr. Lorenz then edged his face even closer into General Nicholaiev's own and coldly informed him "That woman. The mother of the key of humanity's future is Agent Danielle Mann-Parkerson of the United States Government. She is the top of the line agent in the CIA and NSA. A former marine, she is considered by many to be the most lethal and unpredictable in all fields of combat and investigation. In other words, she is someone to not underestimate."

General Nicholaiev darted his to the left and to the right, with several sweatdrops dripping from his face. He then chuckled nervously "But....but....she just gave birth yesterday...how was it possible...for her to escape? Let alone.... break a car door window with a single kick."

Mr. Lorenz then gritted his teeth again and grunted, "I told you all this in the briefing. Just because she gave birth yesterday doesn't mean she was one to underestimate. In fact, you didn't need to capture her at all. All I want is the child, alive, not dead"

"Why the child? What's so special about it? Please implore more to why we need this child, Mr. Lorenz", General Nicholaiev asked Mr. Lorenz, while still sounding a bit nervous, has calmed down considerably, due to realizing that Mr. Lorenz isn't going to crucify him for his failure.

Mr. Lorenz then let go of his clutches on General Nicholaiev, cleared his throat and told him "Alright then. I'll brief you and only you why we need that child. But first...I want you to take a seat", in which General Nicholaiev simply complied by pulling up a chair nearby him and sitting down on it. "Since last year, we have been conducting an experiment by injecting a brand of DNA from a mysterious race of beings that we refer to as 'Angels' into developing human embryos. Our hopes were that we could create a new race as the next phase in human evolution. However, most of these experiments often resulted into total failure, with the newborn children often being too deformed and physically unable to live."

"So you're telling me is that you're pulling a Nazi Germany and Doctor Frankenstein all at once through the work of science? Obviously, you're trying a bit hard there." General Nicholaiev replied to the first batch of information he received.

"Well...sort of", Mr. Lorenz replied "What we're trying to do is rush our evolution to become far superior than our current state for generations to come. Anyways, regarding the failures, we continued to have a string of them until we met the Nagisa's. Unlike the previous tests, their child managed to survive birth....with some internal defects"

"What kind of...defects, Mr. Lorenz?", General Nicholaiev asked Mr. Lorenz with a strong sense of curiosity in his voice as he placed his hands onto his knees and leaned on his chair.

"The Nagisa kid was born with a severe case of Bronchopulmonary Dysphasia. Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease, if you're not medically educated. Can't breath by himself at all and is required to be in a Pressure Chamber at all times. He's also rather sickly looking, judging by various observations I and my colleagues have made", Mr. Lorenz replied in his typically cold, morose tone.

"Now...what about our escapee's child? What is so different about her?", General Nicholaiev asked as he continued to lean on his chair, completely invested in hearing what Mr. Lorenz has to say.

"As I keep telling you, that child is the key to our future. Why? Because unlike previous embryos that went through the experiment, including the Nagisas' child, we decided to use the DNA of another angel in hopes to see if it could yield us some better results. Now, with Mrs. Parkerson being the carrier of the embryo, we felt that her unborn child should be the first to receive this brand of DNA, and with you knowing of how much we need that child, she was a complete success. In fact, she is genetically superior in everywhere to any of our previous tests...including the Nagisa child...and practically any other human being out there. She is what we have been hoping for ever since we started this program, but you and your officers had to be complete fools and let her mother escape with her", Mr. Lorenz replied and continued scolding General Nicholaiev for his poor response and actions that led to Mrs. Parkerson's escape.

"I promise you, Mr. Lorenz, me and my team will not let her get away with the child next time...if there is a next time", General Nicholaiev replied in response.

"There certainly will, General Nicholaiev. I entrust you now to take care of the matter, especially since I wouldn't want your father, who is a member of the Russian Federation, to view you as a total failure. If you are able to bring the child in, you'll not only benefit humanity's future, but your family name will be engraved in the annals of history's greats", Mr. Lorenz informed General Nicholaiev, with his voice sounding more optimistic and manipulative than before.

"I won't fail either of you. I promise", General Nicholaiev replied as he stood up. He then bowed and added, "Now...when is our next chance to capture the child?"

"Right now, we do not have a confirmed location of where our escapee is, but when its given to us...I’m coming along with you...and my own personal team of negotiators and secretaries. You and several others will be my body guards in case Mrs. Parkerson decides to attack, okay?” Mr. Lorenz asked General Nicholaiev as he clamped his hands together and hunched towards the desk.

"Yes I do.", General Nicholaiev replied as he nodded.

"Good. Now hand me a bullet proof vest. I need it in case she attempts to shoot me.", Mr. Lorenz responded back as he ordered General Nicholaiev to fetch him a bullet proof vest for protection.

Hours have passed since Danielle Mann-Parkerson had escaped from the private hospital lab she was held up in entrusting her safety onto her one day old daughter.

"There-there, my little angel", Danielle calmly whispered as she sat on a wooden platform in a shadowy alleyway within a rather small town, breastfeeding her child to keep her living. She then saw several different posters nailed to the wall on the other side of the alleyway. All of the text on the posters was in Japanese, revealing that she's in Japan of all places. She also heard a constant dripping from an exposed pipe nearby that, aside from the nursing of her child, was the most audible noise in the area.

"Well...this is rather...surprising. I came here to give you a serum to prevent you from developing damaging disorders and stop Seele, but instead, I find myself, stripped of all my belongings and reduced to a skimpy, almost see through hospital gown and some slippers. At least your father, bless him for letting us escape with our lives, gave me his jacket to make me look slightly more presentable. I never wanted you to be whisked into this type of a life, especially so soon in your oh so short life, my darling, and I will go out my way to keep my promise", Danielle told her one day old child, who continues to receive her mother's milk as a meal for the day.

Danielle then slowly let herself off the platform and walked out of the alleyway to take a peak at the buildings on the street. Most of them were mom and pop shops for various goods and supplies. However, what caught all her attention was a rather odd looking building with a large white tarp with words in Japanese painted in black.

"I wonder if that's an orphanage?", Danielle pondered to herself as she examined the building and tarp from a distance. She then looked at her daughter, still drinking her mother's milk, and informed her "My angel. I think I have found a place for you to live a free life". She then pulled her child away from her left breast and towards her face, adding "You are so, so beautiful, my angel. I wish I could raise you myself, but since I know I won't be able to survive any longer being free, I can hope someone else can appreciate the sheer exotic beauty you possess, especially at this age. *Sighs*...I know you will grow up to be a very beautiful woman with a perfect life, which is why I am doing this"

Danielle then began to tear up and sniffle, in which she then continued. "I hope you will forgive me in the upcoming years, but this is for your own good. *Sniffs* I just want you to live free and prosper". She then broke into tears and cried "My angel! I love you with all my heart! Even though my body will be no more, I will still be with you by your side...all the time!"

Danielle, while crying, slowly walked towards her parked Dodge Viper and opened the left back door, placing and situating her child into the bassinet. She then lifted it, walked away from the car door and shut it, proceeding to head towards the building with the white tarp hanging on it.

As she reached the door steps of the building, she then gave her daughter one final look, informed her "Goodbye, my angel. I will always love you. Even beyond death", delivered a big kiss on her forehead and placed the bassinet on the main doorstep. She then knocked on the door and ran back to the alleyway, spying on the building in secrecy.

The door of the building opened, revealing an aging Japanese woman wearing a formal suit of sorts. She lifted the bassinet, saw the child and said several words in Japanese in a shocked yet delighted tone that at one point sounded marginally hostile but in the end remained calm. With the bassinet in hand she then walked into the building shutting the door behind her.

Despite not knowing what was said Danielle was satisfied that her daughter will receive the life she wanted her to have.

As she stood by the alleyway, a nearby payphone began to ring for reasons unknown and Danielle being very alert and fishy about things ran towards the payphone and answered it.

"Who is this?", Danielle asked as she talked into the phone.

"Mrs. Parkerson...or shall I say...Agent Mann. I want you meet me at the Akashi Kaikyo Bridge in roughly ten minutes", the voice on the other line replied.

Before Danielle could respond, the phone hung it.

Realizing what the phone call meant, it is now her time to meet her maker and face responsible, knowing that she is not going to make it out alive, especially since her husband lost his life to help them escape. She then ran towards her Dodge Viper and got into the driver's seat.

Inside her car, she opened the car glove department which was holding her custom outfitted Colt Delta Elite in it. Danielle took the gun out, examined it and reloaded it, proceeding to place it in her husband's jacket right pocket. She then started the car up, screaming back to life and drove off, heading towards the Akashi Kaikyo Bridge as fast as she could.

Roughly eight minutes later it was sunset and Danielle had arrived on the bridge, only to be surrounded by a swarm of cars, armored vans and a helicopter flying overhead.

"Agent Mann...please step out of the car. I repeat. Agent Mann...please step out of the car now!", a voice from the helicopter spoke, using a megaphone to amplify the volume of his voice.

Danielle, knowing that it’s the end got out of her car and saw herself also surrounded by various people with camcorders and a group of soldiers akin to the ones she got away from earlier in the day. She then saw a limo drive up and park. Out of it came a young woman in a custom fitted business suit and a familiar looking aging man in his mid to late 50s.

"Keel Lorenz, current CEO and head of Seele, I’ve been waiting to meet you", Danielle announced at Keel as he walked towards her.

"I share the same sentiments, Agent Mann. You know who I am, but I know who you are", Keel replied as he stood in front of Danielle.

"I can imagine, Keel. In fact, I’ve been waiting for this moment myself so I can take you down myself", Danielle informed Keel in a marginally sadistic, frustrated yet at the same time satisfied tone while grinning.

"So that is why you called the number, Agent Mann? You basically went out all your way, even with being pregnant and dragging your husband along, just to see if you can put an end to our control?” Keel asked Danielle with a hint of a chuckle in his voice

"Of course, Keel. I know of the world spanning power you and Seele have in your grasps. If I was able to take you all down through other means I would have in a heartbeat but since this was the only way possible we are now here.” Danielle replied with sternness in her voice.

"Regardless, your child is the key to our future to our evolution. She is all that matters to us, Agent Mann. Hand her over to us and there will be no harm", Keel informed Danielle as his eyes darted right into Danielle's and he stepped closer towards her.

Danielle shifted her eyes to the left and to the right, thought for a second, then replied "You want my child? Fine. Never wanted to raise a family anyways."

Keel, satisfied by what Danielle said, told her "I am glad that you have made this decision for the sake of mankind. We will all appreciate it". He then reached his hand towards one of Danielle's to receive a handshake. Danielle complied and shook Keel's hand.

"Give me a second and I’ll give you the child" Danielle informed him after they shook hands.

"Make it quick, Agent Mann. We only have so much time", Keel replied to Danielle's statement.

Danielle simply nodded as she walked towards her parked Dodge Viper. She then opened the left back door, reached in and pulled out something wrapped in blankets. With that in hand, she shut the door and walked back towards Keel and his group. "Here is my child. Take her. I don't need her. I just wanted to end you and Seele, but since I can't....... why bother. I still have a good reputation back home, so take her and let me be" Danielle told Keel as she handed the object towards Keel.

He then took it, smiled and replied "Thank you for complying with me and helping us grow as a race. You are excused."

Danielle began to walk away towards her Dodge Viper, but then stopped, turned away and walked back as she said "You know? I sometimes wonder...how does it feel to control the world and stifle society with your grasps?"

"Why is that, Agent Mann? You are finished here. Go back home and resume a singular life. Our business is done here!” Keel growled at Danielle in response, confused by her not leaving.

"Well...to be frank...you ever took a bullet? Maybe you should try so...especially now", Danielle replied, in which she then pulled out her Colt Delta Elite out of her right jacket pocket and aimed it at Keel.

Everyone, except Danielle, gasped in response as she revealed her firearm to everyone. Without hesitation, she pulled the trigger, causing the bullet to fly towards Keel and hit him dead center in his chest, knocking him down to the floor in the process.

General Rodion Nicholaiev screamed "Open Fire!" and his troopers without a second thought or hesitation aimed their guns at Danielle and opened fire impacting Danielle at several spots on her body and knocking her down to the floor as well.

Believing that she is dead, General Nicholaiev slowly walked up towards Danielle's bleeding body, aiming his gun at her. However, at a split second, Danielle raised her head, in which blood is dripping and pouring out of both her nostrils and mouth, showed up a demented grin directed at him, raised her gun towards his head.

Being too shocked and horrified by the sight, General Nicholaiev did nothing but stood like an idiot, in which Danielle pulled the trigger, sending the bullet right into his left eye and out of his head. His body then stumbled and twirled around, shooting his assault rifle out of sheer reflex. The gun fire hit one of the secretary, a soldier and several men in suits, killing all instantly. General Nicholaiev's body then fell down, still firing the gun at an aimless direction hitting nothing but the ground until the gun was out of ammo and his reflexes stopped dead cold.

Horrified by their leader's death the remaining soldiers all aimed their guns at the downed and bleeding Danielle firing and killing her while reducing her into a messy, bleeding mass of gore, clothes and limbs attached to a motionless, bullet ridden corpse.

As for Keel, as he lay on the pavement, physically unable to stand back up, he witnessed the carnage that had unfold. His eyes then got heavy and his vision became fuzzy and everything went to black……..

"Keel...Keel...are you awake now?", the voice of another aging man with a noticeable nasally tone to it.

Keel opened his eyes, only to find himself in a darkened room and on a hospital bed surrounded by various gizmos and electronics. He then saw an aging man wearing glasses standing by his bed. "Where...where is the child, Nigel?"

"There was no child at the scene, Keel. In fact, we're screwed. Our little experiment for a new race has been leaked to the public", Nigel informed Keel.

"Damn it! That child was supposed to be for our future! And now we got a major trial on our hands...just...help me get up!” Keel replied in a frustrated tone.

"I'm afraid that you can't get up. The bullet from the late Agent Mann's gun pierced right through your bullet proof vest and severed your spinal cord.", Nigel replied back in a dead serious tone. "However...we can give you an artificial spine and you'll be able to walk again, despite with some...reduced mobility"

"Damn. Now...aren't Yui and Gendo Ikari the founders of Project E?” Keel asked Nigel.

"Yeah? Why them?” Nigel asked back in response.

"I got a new plan for our evolution. We can deal with the child later and we still have plenty on our side. Project E and Gehrim can provide us a different way to get our plans in motion. Trust me", Keel informed Nigel with a sinister tone as he continued to lay on the bed, unable to move.
Last edited by GasmaskAvenger on Fri Aug 09, 2013 2:37 am, edited 57 times in total.
Satsuki Kiryuin wants you to turn that frown upside down...
My AU Evangelion Fanfic | My Street Fighter fanfic
XBOX Live: GasmaskAvenger | PSN: GasmaskAvenger
Official "Grindhouse of Evangelion" Discussion, Updates and Cast Sign Up Thread.

GasmaskAvenger
Re-Gyption Strut
Re-Gyption Strut

•      
  •      

Postby GasmaskAvenger » Sun Jan 03, 2010 10:40 pm

alas, here's the actual Chapter 1 of my tale

EDIT: I fixed a massive typo in it

in fact, i'm going into a new format where i'll just post the actual content on here as well, since my format is slightly butchered in the FanFiction.net version

So...here's the actual chapter 1 in all it's glory!

------------

13 Years Later...

Chapter 1: Welcome to Nerv

December 24th, 2014 10:15 PM

Iwanuma, Miyagi, Japan

In a mostly marsh and shrub covered streets, a fairly tidy, albeit a bit worn out due to age, and well treated house stands among other houses, with a roadway sprawling against the houses. The icy breeze and wind swiftly make the plants, trees and leaves come alive, swaying left and right throughout the shadowy night.

Inside the house in question, a dark charcol gray traveling bag falls roughly onto a bed decorated with dark blue sheets and a black pillow. The wallpaper of the room itself appears to be plain white with no special additional decorations plastered on it.

"Mom, dad. Why do I have to...well...leave now? Its Christmas Eve and I won't be able to spend it with you, why is that?". the voice of a teenage girl calls out of nowhere.

"I wish you could stay here for a little longer, but the Ikaris requested you to arrive in Tokyo-3 and join Nerv tomorrow, so you have to get to the plane soon", another voice spoke out and replied to the first voice, this one being of a middle aged woman.

"I know, I know mother. I am gonna be one of the protectors of the world from this..threat of sorts. I can't wait to start doing that, but I wanna spend one more day with you two, especially Christmas", the teenage girl replied back.

"Well, I know for one that you can't even open your christmas presents here anyways. We shipped that and all your belongings to your new living space. Heck, you should enjoy it more than living here, with you not bothering us with your loud music, guitaring, horror movies and video games", a third voice spoke out, this one being the voice of a man in his forties.

"Oh sweetie, don't worry about what your father said. He's just joking around, but he's right about the presents.", the middle aged woman spoke again. "regardless, we love you with all your hearts and love to have you around for one more day, but you need to get going to start your new life"

"Yeah. I probably will make friends and such in Tokyo-3, considering that I won't be alone in this job.", the teen girl replied to her mother as the sound of multiple footsteps were heard in the house.

The sound of a car pulling up and stopping in the road way was heard, proceeded by some honking from the horn of the same car.

"Looks like the Taxi is here, my darling daughter. We're sure going to miss you, though we'll get to see you next year", the mother told her daughter.

A pale skinned hand then reaches out and picks up the traveling bag off the bed, removing it from view. She then proceeds to say "I'll miss you both, mom and dad" and footsteps and a door opening and shutting. However, the door reopened again, with the teen asking "Did you guys packaged my bikini along with my other clothes?"

"Ummm...although I heard the weather in Tokyo-3 was very erratic, I figured you wouldn't need it until the summer", the mother replied.

"Oh well. Anyways, goodbye mom and dad. See you next year...and you two have a very merry Chirstmas!", the girl replied back and exited the house for the last time and made her way towards the Taxi while her parents waved at her.

After the girl got into the Taxi, her mother, still inside the house but looking out of the window, spoke out by saying "I hope she won't get herself hurt or worse...killed. I'm gonna be so worried sick now with her living out of town"

Her husband then replied "Oh don't worry, Gendo said that you have nothing to worry about. Our little angel is a big girl now and can take care of herself. She probably will enjoy the lack of our presence anyways"

"Satoshi, my love...she's only 13! Just because some still honor the old ways of the age barrier doesn't mean I would consider our daughter to be of age yet. She still has several years ahead of her before she's an adult", the wife replied back.

"Oh you and your love of the Americans, Kameko. They sure love to get into our damn noses all the time since The Second Impact and the wars that followed. I missed the days when us Japanese were separate from the Americans.", the husband scoffed in annoyance.

"And if they didn't come to assist us, we wouldn't have been as strong of a nation as we are now. All they did was repay us for what they did many years ago", the wife replied.

"Oh whatever. I don't feel like arguing anymore, its Christmas Eve and we gotta celebrate both the holiday and our daughter going off to protect the world from possible threats", the husband replied back, with his voice toning down a little to sounding less annoyed and more jolly, in which the two then continued the night by resuming their activities as their daughter embarked on her way to her new home, her new life and job. A job that will ensure her new friends, rivals and plenty of intrigue and action, as well as some unexpected turn of events that she is not expecting to face at all.

A good eight hours have passed since the girl had taken a Tax ride to the local Airport, waited in both a line and a lengthy waiting time to get onto the plane and fly towards her destination and new home.

At 6:13 AM, Christmas Day, the teen girl had arrived in the Airport near Tokyo-3. She, along with her traveling bag, had exited from the plane, along with her fellow passengers.

As she walks through the main lobby of the airport, she is surrounded by a vast array of other folks, complete sound of feet shuffling echoing all over the lobby on the marble floor. It is also revealed that she is wearing jeans and some sneakers, despite the rest of her body being obscured by the surrounding passerbys.

Out of nowhere, a voice of a teenage boy around the age of 16 asks "Hey babe. Did you dye your hair like that or is it a wig?"

"No. I was born like that", the voice of the teenage girl replies immediately with a slight hint of embarrassment and mild irritation in her voice.

It is then finally revealed that the teen is a 13 year old girl that noticeably sticks out like a sore thumb. Slender, well-built and dressed in a leather biker jacket as well as sporting a black tank top that's visible, due to the fact the jacket is unzipped aside from her jeans and sneakers. Her hair, styled in an iconic, unique bob, is a somewhat darker shade of baby blue as well as her ruby red eyes and pale skin separates her from the crowd with an exotic and unparalleled angelic aurora of sheer beauty. Even more unique is that her facial features are Caucasian, even furthering her apart from the others, since she's a citizen of Japan.

"Wow. Never met a chick with natural blue hair. You must be pretty lucky, then.", the boy replied back. He then reached his hand out for a handshake and asked "anyways, nice to meet you. My name is Kashiro Wakayama, what's yours?"

The girl then shook Kashiro's hand as she replied "My names is Rei Ayanami. Nice to meet you too, Kashiro.". The two then moved their corresponding hand away from the other.

"So, Rei. What'cha doing here? Moving out of Tokyo-3 or just visiting some relatives?", Kashiro asked Rei in a curious tone as they stood in the lobby.

"Actually, i'm moving here. I am going to be one of the designated pilots for Nerv's plan to keep the world safe from impending doom", Rei replied as she smiled at Kashiro.

"Wow. You sure are a brave babe. I'm actually leaving to go back home to my folks in Tokyo-2, but I will say that Tokyo-3...is quite the place. Not really the safest and most beautiful of places, even compared to the slums of Old Tokyo, but I can see the appeal, especially for a gal like you who has to live there because of work, especially a job like that", Kashiro admitted, with a sense of impressment in his voice.

"Yeah, I know. If only I didn't have to leave home on Christmas Eve", Rei replied, with a slight hint of disappointment in her voice.

"That sucks. Its Christmas and I promised to go back to mom and pa's today to celebrate Christmas, so I better get going, Ms. Ayanami", Kashiro told Rei as he looked as his cellphone, realizing what time it is.

"Yeah, I better get going. I'm supposed to take the subway to Tokyo-3 and go meet up with this guy that's supposed to pick me up and take me to Nerv.", Rei informed Kashio.

"Well, it was nice meeting you, Rei. Be careful out there and I hope we run into each other again. Bye!", Kashio replied as he began to walk towards the entrance of the plane boarding section of the lobby and waved at Rei.

"You too, Kashiro. Same here. Till next time", Rei replied to Kashiro and waved at him as she headed her way towards the exit of the airport.

Rei, with her sole traveling bag being hold firmly in hand, continued to walk, as she passed by some monolithic buildings, with her body cutting through the ice cold wind of the winter as it made her hair sway against her head, as well as the morning light breaking through the darkness, making Rei's journey all the more ominous and adventurous.

Rei then finally arrived at the subway station, which had a glass display of the subway's various destinations. She peered her eye at the display, taking note of that the subway does make a stop at Tokyo-3, bringing her much needed relief. She then spent about a minute standing in the subway station, only to spot the subway itself arriving. She then walked into the subway itself alongside other passerbys.

Inside, she payed for her ticket and took a seat. Once situated in one of the subway's seats, she pulls her CD player out of her traveling bag, puts in a CD copy of Megadeth's "Peace Sells...But Who's Buying", places her headphones on her head, plays her CD player and pulls out an issue of Fangoria out to read it simultaneously with listening to the CD.

Without warning, as she was in the "Black Friday" part of the song "Good Mourning/Black Friday", she decided to turn the volume of her CD player down to pay attention to any possible announcements from the subway conductor. She then heard a voice speaking from the subway's speaker boxes announcing "Current stop. Tokyo-3. I repeat, Current stop. Tokyo-3".

Realizing that this is her cue, Rei then quickly shut off her CD player, shoved her CD player, headset and magazine into the traveling bag, followed by standing up and leaving the subway, entering the station itself and eventually, walking out of the station to find herself surfacing into a grungy, waste filled street corner.

Rei then stopped nearby a badly stained and decaying pillar surrounded by trash and tiny pools of dirty water and proceeded to pull out a piece of writing paper that was neatly folded. She then promptly unfolded the paper, revealing not only plenty of handwriting on the paper, but also a photograph of a ponytailed man with a distinctive five o' clock shadow on a beach, sitting on a beach chair with his legs sprawled out, dressed in a Hawaiian shirt, a straw hat, royal blue swimming trunks with a large green line on each side of the legs, flip flops, holding a water bottle on one hand and having the other in a thumbs up expression, all while sporting the coolest, most laid back grin ever, complementing the overall coolness of the pic.

Rei, while surprised by the pic, chuckled a little, but read a note written on the pic in black permanent marker. "Hey Rei. Can't wait to meet you and take you to Nerv. Signed, Kaji."

"Kaji, eh? Looks like a cool enough dude...if only he met up with me at the airport", Rei informed herself, with her voice starting to be impressed, but only downgrading to a slightly irritated grunt. She then removed the picture and peered into the note.

"Hey Rei. Sorry that I couldn't pick you at the airport. Traffic is heinous on Christmas day, so instead, I want you to meet me in the industrial sector. There, i'll pick you up and we can do our day's duties. Still can't wait to meet you. Heard great things about you from the Ikaris. Signed, Kaji", the note read.

"Oooookay, then. Guess I got to hurry", Rei added after she read the note. She then placed both the note and the photo into her traveling bag and proceeded to walk among the industrial waste and rot of the street again.

As Rei walked, she took massive notice of the infrastructural rot among her of the streets. Cans, debris, dirt, garbage, bottles, water holes, cracks on the pavement, decaying buildings, small huts made out of recycled goods, barred up windows, broken windows, blood stains on cracked walls, graffiti and many other assorted sets of dismay on display, all especially complemented by the ice dead cold of the weather, with the breezes flowing by like razor blades to the flesh. She continued to walk through the street of visual despair, in which she took notice of several odd sights. One being a graffiti on a huge granite wall painted sickly green that read, "Seele is Watching You..."

"Seele? What's that? Odd name", Rei pondered to herself while standing still and rolling her eyes around. She then decided to continue walking, focusing more importance on getting to the designated rendezvous point to be picked up by that Kaji person.

Rei continued to walk away, making her way through more trashy, crumbling buildings on the street. She the suddenly heard a loud buzzing noise nearby her, which subsequently made her shift her head towards the direction of the buzzing, leading her to gaze on a ghastly sight of a swarm of flies hovering and on top of what appeared to be the mangled, pus and maggot ridden corpse of a Japanese Bobtail. Rei freaks out over the sight and goes running full speed directionless, until she accidentally dives body first into several bags of plastic bottles, causing some of said bottles to fly out and pierce a hole through the plastic bags holding them.

Rei, after laying on the bags of plastic bottles for a few seconds, gets off of the bags, still firmly holding onto her traveling bag, and takes a run for it to get away from the repungant area around her.

After leaving that grungy little section full of repulsive rust, decay and waste, Rei continues to make her way to the rendezvous point. To keep herself on her feet, she chuckles and jokes to herself about the rotten sight of dead kitty. Little to her knowledge, a car nearby is slowly driving by her, with the perspective of the driver supposedly leering at Rei in a voyeuristic matter. When Rei simply does not take notice, the unseen driver decides to make her take notice by honking the car horn.

Hearing the deafening blare of a car horn pierce her earlobes, Rei takes a sudden turn towards the direction of the horn and sees a rare red 1976 model Daihatsu Consorte parked nearby her. As she has her eyes gazing on it, a rather familiar man exits out of the car, dressed in a blue business shirt with the sleeves rolled, brown slacks, shiny black business shoes and a red tie, and stands by his awe-inspiring vehicle that would have many collectors drooling in excitement.

Rei spots the guy standing by his car and calls out to him to ask, "Kaji? Wern't we supposed to meet at a special rendezvous point? Or is this the rendezvous point?"

"Well...yeah, but I was driving around to see if I should be at a certain spot, but I saw you having a close encounter of the rotting kind, so I decided to follow you as much as I could...and I take it you saw the pic of me on my trip to Hawaii a year ago, right?", Kaji replied and asked while expressing a slight grin in his face. He also seems to be unscathed by the ice cold breeze that's flowing through the street.

"Yeah, indeed.", Rei responded with a slight chuckle in her voice. She then added "say...aren't you bothered by the chill in the air?"

"Oh, that. A little, but once you get to Tokyo-3, it sure won't feel like the dead of winter to you. In fact, it'll feel like you just stepped into a summer resort like no other, along with the occasional rain storms here and there", Kaji replied back, with his voice expressing sheer enthusiasm over the weather in Tokyo-3.

"Wow...i'll take your word for it, Kaji. Now...from what I understand, I had to come here, on Christmas day, to join Nerv for the Ikaris and I have to get there as soon as possible, so...I guess we hit the road?", Rei informed and asked Kaji as they stood by the car in the street by the car.

"Oh, that's right. I gotta bring you to Nerv and show you all the locales of your new home, Ayanami, Put your bag in the back seat and get in the car, we're going to Tokyo-3", Kaji boasted at Rei as he got in the driver seat of his car. Rei herself followed, getting into the front passenger side, placing her traveling bag on one of the back seats, sat on the passenger seat, shut the door and sat as Kaji made the car drove off and headed its way to Tokyo-3.

As Kaji drove the car to Tokyo-3, he asked Rei, "So...you just arrived here on Christmas of all days, eh? Kinda a drag if you ask me"

"Yeah. It totally sucks, but at least i'll get to meet some new people now", Rei replied as she lounged on the passenger car seat and sighed a little

"I guess that it has to do with how much the Ikaris are waiting to see you again, since I do, after all, work at Nerv for them..", Kaji replied, despite not turning his head towards Rei, since he was too busy focusing on the road and directions he took.

"I can imagine. Especially since they saved my life during my stay at...say...what happened to Gehrim? I've been wondering why its Nerv and not Gehrim", Rei asked Kaji with a strong sense of curiosity in her tone and voice.

"Well...from what they've told me, they needed to be bigger, badder and better and that point, Gehrim was a piecemeal sized company, too primitive and small for their goals, so Nerv was born.", Kaji explained to Rei. Curious about what Rei was about to say before she asked about the name thing, he then added by asking her, "now...what were you gonna say about the Ikaris saving your life?"

"Oh...that?", Rei replied, with a slight sense of reservation to respond in her voice. She wiggled her fingers around as she sat in the passenger car seat, now being rather quiet, breathing heavily and shifting her eyes around in a rather nervous manner.

"What's wrong, Rei? Do you want to explain about it or is it something you rather keep to yourself?", Kaji calmfully asked Rei in a concerned tone.

"I rather not talk about it right now.", Rei quietly responded as her breathing returned to normal and stopped showing possible signs of becoming a sudden nervous wreck.

"Okay then, Rei. If its too personal, we can just leave it there.", Kaji responded back as he reached his left arm out and patted Rei on the back.

Rei then told Kaji, "I will tell you that mom, dad and the Ikaris go way back from what I heard and that is one of the reasons why I know them and they know me", while exposing a slight smile on her face.

"Well, that's a rather interesting tidbit to hear. Never knew that", Kaji replied, sounding a bit impressed and surprised. He then remembered something else and asked Rei "well, have you ever met The Ikaris' son? His name is Shinji, if memory serves me correct. Ever met him?"

"I'm afraid now, Kaji. Then again, I have wonder what he is like for a while now since mom told me that they had a son around my age", Rei replied back, with her smile looking more warm than before.

Out of nowhere, the loud sound of two large doors opening was heard, prompting Kaji to inform Rei "Well, we're here at Nerv now. Grab your bag and exit the car. The Ikaris will be waiting for us"

Rei, taking Kaji's advice, reached for her traveling bag in the back seat, grabbed it, pulled it out to the front and got out of the car with it in hand to stand by Kaji.

They stood on a escaltor-esque platform that was moving on a straight path. Kaji then turned to Rei and told her, "Well, at least you should be thankful that I transported you here and not my ex." in a very cheeky, sarcastic tone.

"What's wrong with your ex?", Rei turned towards Kaji and responded, being a bit interested in hearing about Kaji's ex.

"Well...ehhh...you'll get to meet her eventually. She'll be your commanding officer on the missions to come", Kaji responded while sporting a slightly goofy look on his face.

Another set of large metal doors creaked open, revealing a lobby of sorts. Various metallic, porcelain and concrete structures and walls adorn the lobby, complete with more steel doors and walkways. Standing in front of Kaji and Rei was a man and a woman. The woman appeared to be at the age of 37, wearing a white scientist coat, a pink female business shirt, a royal blue knee length skirt and black high heels. Most notable aspects of her is her hair, which is a brown colored bob eerily and uncannily similar to Rei's and her teal blue eyes. The man, who appears to be age 47, is wearing dark orange shades, a black commander, black slacks, black business shoes, white gloves and a red shirt underneath the commander jacket. His black short hair has a slight scruffy nature to it and has a noticeable Abraham Lincoln-esque beard.

As Rei and Kaji stand in front of the two adults, the woman, showing a big, happy smile joyfully blurts "My goodness, Rei. It's been such a long time. You sure have grown into such a beautiful teen."

"Wow, Mrs. Ikari. Its nice to see you again too. How time flies by, eh?", Rei replied in a happy tone with a smile on her face and walks up to Mrs. Ikari to give her a hug.

After Rei and Mrs. Ikari finished hugging, the man looked at Rei and informed her "Anyways, Rei, we got a lot to do today. For now on, you're a member of Nerv. You and the others, once they arrive, will be encased with the task of protecting our headquarters, Tokyo-3 and the world from the threat of The Angels once they arrive"

"Ange...Ange...Angels? You mean I will be fighting...angels, Mr. Ikari?", Rei confusingly asked Mr. Ikari with a surprised, confused and befuddled look on her face.

"Well...not the kind of angels you're thinking of. These angels are far different from what a traditional concept of an angel is. With that said, you will be the pilot of an biomechanical organism. An Evangelion. The key to the protection of humanity", Mrs. Ikari informs Rei "In fact, you'll be meeting your EVA soon."

Mr. Ikari then looks at Kaji and informs him "Kaji, you are excused."

As Kaji walks towards, he then calls out to Rei to tell her, "Once you're done for the day, i'll show you your new school and your new home. Till then, i'll see you later and Merry Christmas!"

"Merry Christmas to you too!", Rei replies as she waves at Kaji as he walks away and as she's escorted by the Ikaris to her Evangelion.
Last edited by GasmaskAvenger on Sat Jun 26, 2010 11:19 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Official "Grindhouse of Evangelion" Discussion, Updates and Cast Sign Up Thread.

Rommel
Ireul
Ireul

Re: My Take on Evangelion: An Alternate Universe Fan Fiction

•      
  •      

Postby Rommel » Sun Jan 03, 2010 11:33 pm

GasmaskAvenger wrote:
"The woman has escaped with the child. Bring her back to us before she escapes!"

But I thought she escaped!

GasmaskAvenger
Re-Gyption Strut
Re-Gyption Strut

•      
  •      

Postby GasmaskAvenger » Sun Jan 03, 2010 11:39 pm

Rommel wrote:
GasmaskAvenger wrote:
"The woman has escaped with the child. Bring her back to us before she escapes!"

will fix

When I first typed it up, it was late

DevRei17
Zeruel
Zeruel

•      
  •      

Postby DevRei17 » Mon Jan 04, 2010 12:44 am

:worship:
:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:
Well done! (Minor issues aside.)
Rei finally gets the spotlight in a well thought out chapter. Can't wait for chapter 2!
Also known as Cowboy Dev.

Ryjin
Pilot
Pilot

•      
  •      

Postby Ryjin » Mon Jan 04, 2010 12:49 am

Already getting the all hail smiley, looks like you're off to a good start so far GaMask!
"It is the Thunderbolt that steers the universe."~ Heraclitus
The people who voted for Obama or Romney are fucking idiots. Wake the fuck up.
"The Constitution was our last, best hope for peace... It failed. But, in the Year of the War against the Globalists, it became something greater: our last, best hope

GasmaskAvenger
Re-Gyption Strut
Re-Gyption Strut

•      
  •      

Postby GasmaskAvenger » Mon Jan 04, 2010 1:04 am

you're welcome to both of ya!

the writing/typing of Chapter 2 will commence by tomorrow at the latest (Sometime late tonight at the earliest)

looking forward to more feedback. I've been urging to do this as early as after I saw EVA

EDIT: Working on Chapter 3 now.

Rommel
Ireul
Ireul

•      
  •      

Postby Rommel » Mon Jan 04, 2010 7:09 pm

GasmaskAvenger wrote:
Rommel wrote:
GasmaskAvenger wrote:

will fix

When I first typed it up, it was late

And while you are at it, get right of the ampersands. That's just unbelievably lazy writing. Write "and".

DevRei17
Zeruel
Zeruel

•      
  •      

Postby DevRei17 » Mon Jan 04, 2010 7:16 pm

I wonder where Gasmask is?
He hasn't been on all day.:(
I can't wait for chapter 2.:)

GasmaskAvenger
Re-Gyption Strut
Re-Gyption Strut

•      
  •      

Postby GasmaskAvenger » Mon Jan 04, 2010 9:59 pm

*In response to the fabulous riffing of the tale, I have replaced the old version of this chapter with my current partial rewriting of it*

Chapter 2: Meet Unit 00

As the Ikaris escort Rei to show her EVA to her, entering a rather chilling looking hallway of steel, they all strike up a conversation, with Rei being the first to speak up.

"Now with the reintroductions out of the way, I just can't help but wonder...why Christmas of all days? I would have been very glad to leave home and arrive here tomorrow, but Christmas? I wanted to celebrate the holiday with my folks before I headed off, but instead I had to basically forgo that and basically drag my behind down here to get a head start on my job? A little cold there, Mr. and Mrs. Ikari, eh?" Rei complained to her superiors as they walked through the steel hallway, with the lights barely lighting up the room and the minor grimness of the hallway highlighting the slight distress of the situation

"Quite frankly, Rei...I feel the same way, but when the world is in risk of an alien force, there are no holidays. I am sorry, but you just have to understand that, okay?", Mr. Ikari replied in a fairly moderate tone, not sounding too malicious or cold at all in his vocal expression. Yui did not reply.

"I understand, Mr. Ikari. I need to act more mature, considering that I do have a big responsibility ahead of me, so I was just venting a little, okay?", Rei replied back, toning down her groan to a simple pinch of remorse and regret.

"Yeah Rei. I too have had my days where life just feels like its pounding you down for the count. You just have to toughen up and take the consequences of what life puts ahead of you. All it will do is make you stronger", Mr. Ikari responded, in which he patted Rei on the hand at the same time.

As another set of metal doors slid open, revealing an large platform that doubled as an elevator, Rei and the Ikaris walked onto it and stood on it as it descended into room of sorts.

"Ummm...why are we taking the long route, Gendo my love?", Mrs. Ikari whispered to her husband as she turned her head towards his.

"I want to impress Rei, Yui. The more conventional way is boring so this is why I had this constructed. Sure, it has no other purpose, but hey...gotta showboat to our employees, especially to our EVA pilots. Helps them entrust their desire to work for us, regardless of that they have to work for us anyways", Gendo replied to his wife Yui by whispering as well. Rei did not pay attention to them, but rather seeing the sights of the descent.

Being curious as usual, Rei then asked "So...am I the only EVA pilot or are there more than just me?"

"Correct." Gendo replied. "as of now, you'll be the second pilot to join Nerv, since the Fifth has already been working for us a few months now"

Rei then turned around towards Gendo, despite all three receiving a major face full of red lights as a result of the elevator ride, and asked him "The Fifth? So...how many of us children are out there?"

"If things turn out as we planned, there will be a grand total of seven children. First, there's you, the First. Then there's the Second. Personally, I have not met her and got to know her, but others at Nerv have. Of course, there's my son Shinji, who is the Third." Gendo replied to Rei, informing her of the pilot numbering.

Before he could continue, Rei interrupted by asking, "You mean that your son will be working at Nerv too? Man, if only Kaji told me that"

"Indeed, Rei." Yui replied, in which she then proceeded to turn towards Rei to inform her "you will get to meet our dear son. Not exactly sure when he'll be required, but you'll eventually meet him. Judging by that both of you are around the same age and that we know of you, I think you two will get along just fine. Really fine."

Gendo then resumed his plight of information by saying, "With that out of the way, I will resume where I left off. Our friends at the Marduk Institute has yet to find a Forth, so don't worry about meeting a forth. As you may already know, the Fifth is here already. Right now, she and Unit 05 are busy doing underground guard watch, which is their current job at this moment. She's the underground security here. I'm afraid you won't be able to meet her today, but rest assured, you'll meet her tomorrow. Moving on again, rumor has it that there's also a Sixth Child out there. Little is known of said pilot, so i'm afraid we cannot inform you of who it is at all and like the Forth, the positions of The Seven has yet to be filled either. Hope that will help you out a little, but enough of that, we got other things to worry about...like meeting your destined Evangelion."

Finally, they have reached the storing areas of the Evangelions, in which Gendo and Yui escorted Rei to her Evangelion. They had entered a room swamped in pure darkness and stood in it for a good 40 seconds. Getting impatient, Gendo groaned, "Can someone flick the lights on for us?"

"Yes, Commander Ikari. Lights on!", the voice of a somewhat gruff sounding man replied, in which the lights suddenly came to life, revealing a giant purple, horned face.

"Oh wow. So this is my Evangelion, eh? Looks awesome." Rei squealed in absolute shock and enjoyment.

"No, Rei.", Gendo replied. "This is Unit 01. Our son's Evangelion. However, for the most part, it's completely useless."

Yui nods and tells Rei "Yeah. When our son comes, this will be the Evangelion he'll be piloting. Anyways, let's move on and introduce you to your EVA."

Rei then groaned to herself "Awww. This is so cool. Why its not mine? Oh well." as she followed the Ikaris.

They then walk towards another head of a towering giant. This one is a cyclops with an orange paint job on its armor. Once Rei sees that this is, in fact, her designated Evangelion, she then disappointingly groaned, "Orange? Why orange?"

"What's wrong? You don't like Zero's color scheme?", Yui then responds in shock.

"Yeah. It looks cool and all, but why such an ugly color like orange? Hell, compared to your son's designated Evangelion, mine looks a little...lame." Rei then sulks in sheer disappointment.

Yui sighs, then responds "Well, Rei. If something happens to it in the line of duty that requires us to repair it, we promise that we'll make it look cool. Just for you."

Rei turns her head and says "Really? Fine." only to zip her lip to prevent irritating the adults. However, she then thought to herself, "Personally, I think blue would be better."

Gendo and Yui then look at each other. Yui then whispers "Man, we really should have given Zero the proper equipment, but no. Instead, you insisted that we give Unit 01 all of the fancy armor, regardless of the fact that you know that it doesn't have a soul, thus making it mostly useless."

"The thing is that Unit 01 is my son's Evangelion and that making it look presentable would be the best way of showing that I have gave a damn about him all these years" Gendo growls.

"Seriously, that's pathetic. I always visit Shinji once a month and yet, YOU don't take the time to even call him. Why is that? Hell, you didn't even bother to wish him a merry Christmas today. He's your son as well, so why not you actually show some signs that you do care for him once he gets here." Yui responds in disgust.

Gendo then plants his hands on Yui's shoulders and tells her "We don't need to do this now. Not in front of the First, okay?"

Yui then shifts her hands through her husband's arms, then replies "Alright." and nods.

Both Ikaris then shift their attention back towards Rei. Yui then tells her "Well...sorry about that. We got more important matters to deal with right now. Especially you, Rei, since you're new here."

"Well...okay. You two arguing didn't really bother me. Hell, I hear my folks go at it all the time. Even I myself gets caught in the crossfire at times as well", Rei then responds

Both Ikaris pause for a second. Gendo then tells her "Well...before you do anything else, you must watch the Nerv Instructional Video. Its mandatory for all new employees of Nerv, regardless of what position and job you have here. We'll escort you to the screening room."

"An instructional video?", Rei asked Gendo.

"Affirmative" Gendo replied, "I'll admit that its utter rubbish, but the rules are rules."

Rei simply nodded in response, allowing the Ikaris to escort her to the screening room.

Inside, she sits down on a chair while being surrounded by a wide variety of empty metal fold-up chairs. A man isteps up in front of the projection screen and tells Rei "In case you're wondering who I am, my name is Kozo Fuyutsuki. I am Nerv Japan's Subcommander. Even though I know this instructional video is terrible, all of you, including those, like you, Rei, who are here to pilot the Evangelions, are required to watch it once. Now, as soon as I walk out of this room, the video will play. You must watch it from beginning to end or else."

Rei raises her hand and asks Fuyutsuki "Well...one thing i'm curious about is how long this video is?"

"If memory serves me correct, its only 15-20 minutes long (Though it sure doesn't feel that way), so you won't suffer for too long.", Fuyutsuki informs Rei as he then steps out of the screening room and walks away.

The room then darkens and all of a sudden, the projection screen lights up, which signals that the video has now begun playing. On the screen came a man. He then says "Hi there. If you're watching this tape, that means you have just joined Nerv. For the next twenty minutes, I and my friends will be telling you the basics on your stay here at Nerv."

"Uuugh.", Rei groans as the inane cheesiness of the video sinks in with bad synth music.

About 19 minutes passed by and the video is close to completion.

"and with that said, we hope that with the basic knowledge you have gained from watching this video, you'll be more efficient at working for Nerv. See you around!", the man waves as the video finishes.

"So you just faced the wrath of Nerv's humble beginnings", the voice of a British teenage girl then speaks out

Rei raises her head and sees a teenage girl with long flowing brunette pigtails, wearing red-rimmed glasses, a white shirt with an aqua blue tie hanging on it, a corresponding aqua blue headband, a plaid skirt, royal blue stockings and brown loafers standing by the room's door, illuminated in the shadows.

"See you around", the girl then tells to Rei and walks off. Rei, curious about who this gal is, stands up and tries to follow her by leaving the room.

Rei manages to catch up to the girl, in which she asks her, "What's with the rush?"

"Well I have to go home. Been up since six in the morning and totally beat. I'll see you at school tomorrow. Bye!" the girl replied.

"Same here...girl I just met." Rei replied, waving back. She then pondered to herself, only to jump in fright after feeling someone patting her shoulder.

"Whoa. I didn't expect that I would startle you.", the man laughed

"Oh, its you, Kaji" Rei responded after seeing who had startled her. "So, it's time for me to see what my new school and home looks like?"

"Well..yeah, but the Ikaris have told me that they wanted you to meet someone. She's quite vital to you children and the EVAs." Kaji responded.

"Who exactly is that?" Rei asked in confusion.

"Actually, while Yui Ikari is heavily involved with the EVAs, this woman frequently works alongside her in the science department and is the curator of the MAGI." Kaji responded. "Come on, let's meet her."

Kaji and Rei then walk towards a room that appears to be a lab and sees a blonde haired woman in a lab coat.

"Hey Rits. Here's the First Child. The Ikaris wanted you two to meet.", Kaji joyfully tells the blonde scientist

She then turns around and sees Rei, in which both of them suddenly are take aback by each other's sight.

While the blonde woman is a bit shocked to see the girl, Rei, on the other hand, has suddenly turned from being happy to being angry at the sight of the woman.

"Your mother tried to kill me four year ago, Ritsuko" Rei then growled.

"Please. Don't blame me for what my mother did to you", a worried sounding Ritsuko told Rei. "I'm not like her. I'm serious, i'm not anything like her at all."

Rei then sighed and replied "Okay. I did remember that, but you better not be lying to me."

"Oh, come on! You don't remember that I helped Yui to comfort you after she and Gendo found you being strangled? Seriously, I was there to help you get better before your parents came back to pick you up...or at least I tried my best", Ritsuko responded.

"You did?" Rei replied back. "The thing is that I was only nine years old when that happened, so I perhaps forgot the other details of what happened at my stay at Gehirn. I forgive you...for now."

"I hope so, Rei. I seriously do not want the past butting its head in our operations here when the angels return. Besides, we can't let old wounds separate ourselves as a team. ", Ritsuko responded.

"So...what exactly are the angels?" Rei asked.

"Oh. You'll see when they come" Ritsuko replied. "You'll see."

Kaji then walked up behind Ritsuko without her realizing it and said "Hey Rits. Maybe later we can have dinner."

"Oh...maybe.", Ritsuko responded "But don't you have to finish your business with Rei first?"

"Of course I have to. I did, in fact, had in mind that I would finish my matter with the First, then we have dinner", Kaji replied back.

He then walked towards Rei and told her "Alrighty. Since it's getting late, we need to show you the two other places of importance of you in Tokyo-3"

Rei then followed him as they then headed back to the car. However, right before she got into the car, she saw Yui walking towards them and swaying her arms in the air to get Rei's attention. Rather than being a cold sour puss, Rei walked towards Yui, in which Yui clamped her arms around Rei's body and whispered to her, "Sorry by not saying this, but I want to wish you a very merry Christmas, Rei."

"Thanks, Mrs. Ikari. Did you do the same for your son?", Rei asked Yui in response while she hugged Yui as well.

"Of course I did. It would pain me to not call my dear son at all. Anyways, i'll see you later." Yui replied.

"Merry Christmas to you too, Mrs. Ikari." Rei replied back. Both Rei and Yui walked away from each other, leading to Rei waving at Yui as she got in Kaji's car and the car drove. Yui herself walked away and waved at the car as it left.

Twenty Four minutes later, they have left Nerv HQ. Kaji then pulls up to a campus and points to it, telling Rei, "Alright. When you get up tomorrow, this will be the school you'll be attending. Every day, you go here and once school lets out, you go back to Nerv unless you're not required to do so."

Rei then asks "So when the other pilots arrive, they'll be attending here as well?"

"Correct. You're such a smart girl" Kaji replies as he pats her on the head. "Now, Last stop. Your new home"

He then drives to an apartment complex in the industrial area, one that is far more cleaner and tidier than the wasteland she witnessed in Tokyo-3's outskirts earlier in the day. The throbbing banging of the refinery can even be heard from inside the car.

"Gee...I guess I can drown out the noise with my music, right?" Rei asks

"Oh. the noise won't be a problem at all, Rei. The walls in each apartment room is soundproof, so neither the noise the factories make will bother you, nor the noise you make will bother the others.", Kaji tells her.

"Interesting. So I guess that means we'll see each other tomorrow, right?" Rei asks Kaji

"Well, Rei. I'm only going to be around for a few days before I have to go out to Germany to look over the Second Child until she's asked to transfer here.", Kaji replied. "That'll be fun."

"So. Who's exactly is the Second? What is she like?", Rei asked Kaji

"Well...she's rather intelligent, for one thing." Kaji replied.

"That sounds cool", Rei asked him.

"Yeah", Kaji replied. He then gave Rei a piece of paper and a pair of keys as he told her "Well, here's the number to your apartment. Its #402. Hopefully you'll be able to find it easily."

"Yeah." Rei replied back.

"Until then, see you tomorrow and have a Merry Christmas!" Kaji replied as he walked away

"Merry Christmas to you too, Kaji", Rei responded as she then walked through the main entrance of the apartment complex

About two minutes of wishful searching, Rei finally found her apartment room.

"Room 402. Interesting" Rei muttered as she stood by the doorway. She then pulled out the key to her apartment to unlock the door, make her first steps into her new home.

Rei then took off her shoes and fully entered the apartment room to flick on the lights to bring the darkened room to life, only to reveal a vast array of packaging boxes scattered around the room.

Being as cautious as she could, Rei made her way through the armies of boxes and found a letter on the blank wall that said "Here's all of your belongings. Your parents had sent them over here while you flew here. They said to make yourself at home"

All Rei does is shrug in response to the letter, only to begin the rather lengthy unpacking process.
Last edited by GasmaskAvenger on Tue Aug 03, 2010 3:55 am, edited 5 times in total.

DevRei17
Zeruel
Zeruel

•      
  •      

Postby DevRei17 » Mon Jan 04, 2010 10:45 pm

:worship: :worship: :worship:
:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:
:thumbsup:
Awesome work once again.

GasmaskAvenger
Re-Gyption Strut
Re-Gyption Strut

•      
  •      

Postby GasmaskAvenger » Mon Jan 04, 2010 10:56 pm

you might want to ease down on the use of smilies, my friend

but anyways, thank you

However, I don't think there'll be any Evangelion on Angel action for the next few chapters, because I want to sort-of work my way up to the Sachiel fight by delving into Rei's early days at Nerv (Keep in mind that after the fight, the next few chapters after that will mostly consist of her bitching about not being able to fight any angels alongside with Shinji, due to the injuries she received & yet aggravated later in that day)

DevRei17
Zeruel
Zeruel

•      
  •      

Postby DevRei17 » Mon Jan 04, 2010 11:05 pm

GasmaskAvenger wrote:you might want to ease down on the use of smilies, my friend

but anyways, thank you

However, I don't think there'll be any Evangelion on Angel action for the next few chapters, because I want to sort-of work my way up to the Sachiel fight by delving into Rei's early days at Nerv (Keep in mind that after the fight, the next few chapters after that will mostly consist of her bitching about not being able to fight any angels alongside with Shinji, due to the injuries she received & yet aggravated later in that day)

Funny thing is, my favorite parts in EVA are the story bits rather than the EVA/Angel fights. So that's cool. I can't wait for chapter three!....
...And uh i'll keep the smiles to a reasonable amount from now on, okay?:)

GasmaskAvenger
Re-Gyption Strut
Re-Gyption Strut

•      
  •      

Postby GasmaskAvenger » Mon Jan 04, 2010 11:08 pm

sounds great

i'm aiming for a more slower paced take which allows much richer character development, which means no character is left behind

now...if anyone can help me out, I need an proper title for my fan fic, because doing the "Fellini Satyricon"/"John Carpenter's The Thing" approach to the name of the fic is kinda silly

Also, I lowered the rating on the FanFiction.net version just so I can reel in readers more easily (Though once I get to the later parts of it, i'll switch the rating back to being an M, due to more intense, graphic parts of it)

Ryjin
Pilot
Pilot

•      
  •      

Postby Ryjin » Tue Jan 05, 2010 12:42 am

Ah, so that's why it they remade it blue (but that still doesn't explain why 01 is painted so tinky-winky)! Well once again so far so good and it seems that Mari is teh 5th though I got one quick question, do the Evas still need souls to work?
"The Constitution was our last, best hope for peace... It failed. But, in the Year of the War against the Globalists, it became something greater: our last, best hope

GasmaskAvenger
Re-Gyption Strut
Re-Gyption Strut

•      
  •      

Postby GasmaskAvenger » Tue Jan 05, 2010 12:48 am

Ryjin wrote:do the Evas still need souls to work?

actually, Unit 01 will become efficient later in the story

sure, it works, but since it doesn't have a soul, its not exactly the most reliable of the Evangelions (& it will be that way for a good portion in the story until a vital plot event happens, in which it finally becomes properly workable)

So, I basically downgraded Unit 01's importance while I gave Zero a massive boost (this pretty much symbolically represents the fact that Shinji has been demoted as center protagonist in my version, while our gal Rei got promoted to central protagonist)

also, once Unit 00 gets its paint job, it'll also take on a new look as well to cement it taking up a level in badass (Now..if you don't mind, can you do a sketch of this version of Super Unit 00, which I wanted in the RP, but never came to be)

Ryjin
Pilot
Pilot

•      
  •      

Postby Ryjin » Tue Jan 05, 2010 2:06 am

Like these?

GasmaskAvenger
Re-Gyption Strut
Re-Gyption Strut

•      
  •      

Postby GasmaskAvenger » Tue Jan 05, 2010 2:13 am

yeah

those sketches are great. However, I also envisioned that the "Super" version of Unit 00 has two sets of horns on each side of its helmet (Or maybe just two to simplify it, since I don't want it and The Overlord's horn configuration to be too similar)

so yeah, its plating/armor is very similar to what it looks like in the "Proposal" version, but with the addition of said horns & kick-ass armor plating (So it'll end up outdoing Unit 01 in the "looking badass" department)

anyways, this only applies to my FanFic & not the RP (The improved Unit 00 remains the same in how it is in the RP)

& before anyone asks, Unit 00 in this tale does have a soul & I have started typing chapter 3

Ryjin
Pilot
Pilot

•      
  •      

Postby Ryjin » Tue Jan 05, 2010 2:23 am

I'll get on that as soon as I can, this cold +drama combo has even effected my drawing skills at the moment (my shitty avatar being evidence of that).

Agentomega
Eva Technician
Eva Technician

•      
  •      

Postby Agentomega » Tue Jan 05, 2010 2:49 am

Interesting concept, and an enjoyable plotline... I do say, I shall continue to read.
Avatar: Rhoe Amariyo (© 2010-2014 SQUARE ENIX CO., LTD. All Rights Reserved. FINAL FANTASY X|V)
Karigane Shirou in LoL's RP - Rebuild of Evangelion: We Are (Not) Together
"'I was a nerd before it was cool' ~Agent" ~Lance of LoL

Return to “Fanfiction”