Regrettable Purchases

Yeah. You read right. This is for everything that doesn't have anything to do with Eva.

Moderators: Rebuild/OT Moderators, Board Staff

Guyver Spawn
DNA Donor
DNA Donor

•      
  •      

Postby Guyver Spawn » Mon Dec 28, 2009 7:50 pm

Hard to choose, but I say Dragon Ball Z Saga was the worst amount of $35 I save up for just to play it back in 05. And what's worst I got the game as a gift even I after I bought it back in March.
Xbox live gamertag: Guyver Spawn 27
PSN: Hellspawn28

Eva Yojimbo
Redbeard
Redbeard

•      
  •      

Postby Eva Yojimbo » Mon Dec 28, 2009 8:28 pm

A lot of anime series on DVD; Last Exile, Zeta Gundam, Ergo Proxy, etc. Mainly because I later found out I could rent them from Netflix or RentAnime at a fraction of the price.

Ultrasone Edition 9 Headphones - I wanted a pair of headphones that would kickass with hard rock and metal; unfortunately my first pick was a pair of Audio Technica L3000s but because they were OOP I bought the Edition 9 only to find a mint pair of L3Ks about a few weeks later. I bought both and had to sell the E9 at about a $500 loss. :vomit:
Cinelogue & Forced Perspective Cinema
^ Writing as Jonathan Henderson ^
We're all adrift on the stormy seas of Evangelion, desperately trying to gather what flotsam can be snatched from the gale into a somewhat seaworthy interpretation so that we can at last reach the shores of reason and respite. - ObsessiveMathsFreak
Jimbo has posted enough to be considered greater than or equal to everyone, and or synonymous with the concept of 'everyone'. - Muggy
I've seen so many changeful years, / to Earth I am a stranger grown: / I wander in the ways of men, / alike unknowing and unknown: / Unheard, unpitied, unrelieved, / I bear alone my load of care; / For silent, low, on beds of dust, / Lie all that would my sorrows share. - Robert Burns' Lament for James

Bomby von Bombsville
Test Subject
Test Subject

•      
  •      

Postby Bomby von Bombsville » Mon Dec 28, 2009 8:42 pm

Dead Presidents. I thought that the Hughes brothers would be really good after Menace II Society...
The Skirt-Chasing Mafioso of EGF
"we have Bomby, voted by People magazine as the sexiest man alive." - TehDonutKing
If you let me, here's what I'll do: I'll take care of you.

Xard
Banned

•      
  •      

Postby Xard » Mon Dec 28, 2009 8:45 pm

Eva Yojimbo wrote:A lot of anime series on DVD; Last Exile, Zeta Gundam, Ergo Proxy, etc. Mainly because I later found out I could rent them from Netflix or RentAnime at a fraction of the price.

You should just dl them before deciding whether to buy them or not. :wife:

Horrible purchases eh... I've had a few of course. Good thing I'm picky so it doesn't happen often.

Well, I think my worst consumer choice this fall was choosing Tekkonkinkreet over double DVD that had Nagisa Oshima's In The Realm of the Senses and Empire of Passion

Seriously, what the fuck was I thinking?

Guyver Spawn
DNA Donor
DNA Donor

•      
  •      

Postby Guyver Spawn » Mon Dec 28, 2009 8:49 pm

I think the 4th Crash game on PS2 was a waste of money too seeing that their was too many gitchs, and annoying loading times to deal with.

child of Lilith
Celestial Serendipity
Celestial Serendipity

•      
  •      

Postby child of Lilith » Mon Dec 28, 2009 9:05 pm

I regret paying to go see 28 weeks later and Diary of the Dead.

Mongoosedog
Gaghiel
Gaghiel

•      
  •      

Postby Mongoosedog » Mon Dec 28, 2009 9:36 pm

I regret buying the Chrono Crusade boxset. This was before i had the internets so i just used to buy boxsets and wish for the best. Out of the 4 boxsets i bought without knowing what the show was like i only regretted that one

I regret trading in Raging Blast for Assassins Creed 2. I don't even like Assassins Creed so i have no idea why i did that
I have no signature!

Tokpile Quohog
Marquis Tokpile de Boîtes
Marquis Tokpile de Boîtes

•      
  •      

Postby Tokpile Quohog » Mon Dec 28, 2009 9:46 pm

Devil May Cry 2, which is weird because they never made that sequel, they just skipped ahead to DMC3.
TheEvaMonkey: I HATE BEING A FAT CHICK

Joseph the PRPD
Elder God
Elder God

•      
  •      

Postby Joseph the PRPD » Mon Dec 28, 2009 9:48 pm

I'd like to see DMC 5 (if it happens) to take place after the events of DMC 2.
SPOILER: Show
Since Dante is literally going to straight to hell.
Cheese wheel in the U.S. Coast Guard.

NemZ
Token Misanthrope
Token Misanthrope

•      
  •      

Postby NemZ » Tue Dec 29, 2009 1:22 am

I thought X8 was -much- better than x7, probably better than x5 and x6 as well.

But anyway, anouther major disapointment was Disgaea. don't get me wrong, I loved the humor and found the geogrid thing interesting, but you can't deny the character options were very boring and the grinding involved was completely off the chart.
Rest In Peace ~ 1978 - 2017
"I'd consider myself a realist, alright? but in philosophical terms I'm what's called a pessimist. It means I'm bad at parties." - Rust Cohle
"Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize that half of 'em are stupider than that." - George Carlin
"The internet: It's like a training camp for never amounting to anything." - Oglaf
"I think internet message boards and the like are dangerous." - Anno

tomrule123
Tokyo-3 Resident
Tokyo-3 Resident

•      
  •      

Postby tomrule123 » Wed Feb 03, 2010 1:33 pm

"Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen" IMAX edition. Oh, boy, the VISUAL EFFECTS are excellent, but acting and story were out of place. Oy.

CorporalChaos
Test Subject
Test Subject

•      
  •      

Postby CorporalChaos » Wed Feb 03, 2010 2:06 pm

NemZ wrote:I thought X8 was -much- better than x7, probably better than x5 and x6 as well.

But anyway, anouther major disapointment was Disgaea. don't get me wrong, I loved the humor and found the geogrid thing interesting, but you can't deny the character options were very boring and the grinding involved was completely off the chart.

This. The cut scenes are pretty much the only thing that kept me going through the game. Even then, I only got to chapter 10(?) before I completely burned out and lost interest.
Occam's Razor: The simplest explanation is generally the correct one.
Essel's Corollary: The simplest explanation is never the fanon one.

Heromaster111
Ramiel
Ramiel

•      
  •      

Postby Heromaster111 » Thu Feb 04, 2010 3:20 pm

Guyver Spawn wrote:I think the 4th Crash game on PS2 was a waste of money too seeing that their was too many gitchs, and annoying loading times to deal with.

You deserve it, the fact that Naughty Dog didn't develop it should have tipped you off. :tongue:

Umm.. I guess one would be MGS4 I just couldn't stand that game. I liked MGS2, despite it getting preachy as hell towards the end, and MGS3 I loved the setting. MGS4 was just a really bland, imo. That and 4 games in Kojima still couldn't make compelling gameplay and his writing for all extents and purposes sucks.

AchtungAffen
Banned

•      
  •      

Postby AchtungAffen » Fri Feb 05, 2010 2:23 pm

GAWLD.... I should have waited a couple more weeks
"Oh, Constantine! To how many evils origin was given, not by your conversion to Christianity, but by the dowry which from you received the first Pope that was rich!" - Dante
How can you expect to live in a Republic when you don't care about the res-publica?
"The gun, in all its forms, was the epochal tool of white male supremacy, which is why it continues to have irrational appeal. As much as the jack-booted hate Jews and blacks, that much they love their guns." - James Carrol
My List @ AniDB

- Original activist against the lockers-that-be -

Guyver Spawn
DNA Donor
DNA Donor

•      
  •      

Postby Guyver Spawn » Fri Feb 05, 2010 2:56 pm

Robocop on the Xbox since it was like $20, and look good too. Good god that game was pretty awful.

roblucci01
Sachiel
Sachiel

•      
  •      

Postby roblucci01 » Sat Feb 06, 2010 9:01 pm

Rosetta Stone headset, that thing is terrible.

Bad sound quality for music, horrible for recording or PC gaming, just altogether not worth it, It's just a shitty piece of shit. I'll stick with Logitech and Skullcandy, thank you very much...
I hate the internet

CorporalChaos
Test Subject
Test Subject

•      
  •      

Postby CorporalChaos » Sat Feb 06, 2010 10:44 pm

roblucci01 wrote:Rosetta Stone headset, that thing is terrible.

Bad sound quality for music, horrible for recording or PC gaming, just altogether not worth it, It's just a shitty piece of shit. I'll stick with Logitech and Skullcandy, thank you very much...

I assume you don't have THE HEART to make it work?
Occam's Razor: The simplest explanation is generally the correct one.
Essel's Corollary: The simplest explanation is never the fanon one.

roblucci01
Sachiel
Sachiel

•      
  •      

Postby roblucci01 » Sun Feb 07, 2010 1:20 pm

CorporalChaos wrote:
roblucci01 wrote:Rosetta Stone headset, that thing is terrible.

I assume you don't have THE HEART to make it work?

I read your post right after I changed my avatar. Feels bad, man.
I hate the internet

Joseph the PRPD
Elder God
Elder God

•      
  •      

Postby Joseph the PRPD » Sat Feb 20, 2010 7:57 am

Max Payne from the Xbox originals section in the game marketplace.

It blows.
Cheese wheel in the U.S. Coast Guard.

Oz
Finland Miracle
Finland Miracle

•      
  •      

Postby Oz » Sat Feb 20, 2010 8:04 am

Joseph the PRPD wrote:Max Payne from the Xbox originals section in the game marketplace.

It blows.

"I'd really like to have as much money as you have, Oz" - robersora
"No you wouldn't. Oz's secret is he goes without food to buy that stuff. He hasn't eaten in years." - Brikhaus

"Often I get the feeling that deep down, your little girl is struggling with your embrace of filmfaggotry and your loldeep fixations, and the conflict that arises from such a contradiction is embodied pretty well in Kureha's character. But obviously it's not any sort of internal conflict that makes the analogy work. It's the pigtails." - Merridian
"Oh, Oz, I fear I'm losing my filmfag to the depths of Japanese pop. If only there were more films with Japanese girls in glow-in-the-dark costumes you'd be the David Bordwell of that genre." - Jimbo
"Oz, I think we need to stage an intervention and force you to watch some movies that aren't made in Japan." - Trajan

Return to “Completely and Utterly Off-Topic”