ITT: What are you working on right now?

Yeah. You read right. This is for everything that doesn't have anything to do with Eva.

Moderators: Rebuild/OT Moderators, Board Staff

Oz
Finland Miracle
Finland Miracle

•      
  •      

Postby Oz » Tue Dec 22, 2009 10:45 am

I just spent an entire hour picking a great screenshot for my blog - and ended up the altering the color design of the blog. Here's the result: http://oz-filmmadness.blogspot.com/

Also, I've been trying to read Fyodor Dostoevsky's The Idiot, but I'm advancing at a painfully slow pace.
"I'd really like to have as much money as you have, Oz" - robersora
"No you wouldn't. Oz's secret is he goes without food to buy that stuff. He hasn't eaten in years." - Brikhaus

"Often I get the feeling that deep down, your little girl is struggling with your embrace of filmfaggotry and your loldeep fixations, and the conflict that arises from such a contradiction is embodied pretty well in Kureha's character. But obviously it's not any sort of internal conflict that makes the analogy work. It's the pigtails." - Merridian
"Oh, Oz, I fear I'm losing my filmfag to the depths of Japanese pop. If only there were more films with Japanese girls in glow-in-the-dark costumes you'd be the David Bordwell of that genre." - Jimbo
"Oz, I think we need to stage an intervention and force you to watch some movies that aren't made in Japan." - Trajan

chaosakita
Leliel
Leliel

•      
  •      

Postby chaosakita » Wed Dec 23, 2009 3:11 pm

I'm supposed to be writing...
Avatar: Shinji and Kaworu get ice cream

CorporalChaos
Test Subject
Test Subject

•      
  •      

Postby CorporalChaos » Thu Dec 24, 2009 1:00 am

I'm considering having a post-Christmas Write-Or-Die marathon, starting on the 26th, what with it being the last 7 days of the year. I figure if I write a few stories, then I can go ahead, close the books on 2009, and call it a productive year.

Feel free to join me, if you'd like.
Occam's Razor: The simplest explanation is generally the correct one.
Essel's Corollary: The simplest explanation is never the fanon one.

MugwumpHasNoLiver
Erotic Humiliation
Erotic Humiliation

•      
  •      

Postby MugwumpHasNoLiver » Thu Dec 24, 2009 1:35 am

CorporalChaos wrote:Feel free to join me, if you'd like.

Hells yeah! I've been writing all week after a very unproductive summer and autumn. I don't know why I ever stopped! :jiggy:
"Now, from Nature we obtain abundant information about ourselves, and precious little about others. About the woman you clasp in your arms, can you say with certainty that she does not feign pleasure? About the woman you mistreat, are you quite sure that from abuse she does not derive some obscure and lascivious satisfaction? Let us confine ourselves to simple evidence: through thoughtfulness, gentleness, concern for the feelings of others we saddle our own pleasure with restrictions, and make this sacrifice to obtain a doubtful result." -The Divine Marquis

"I agree Hans, but we have talked about those anal fisting analogies." -Werner Herzog

Great Genius Shinji-Sama
Test Subject
Test Subject

•      
  •      

Postby Great Genius Shinji-Sama » Thu Dec 24, 2009 1:44 am

I might if Im not too distracted by new XBOX games Im going to be getting. :redface: Of course I consider writing in RPs to be writing. :tongue: Also I sadly dont seem to have the commitment for it. :sweatdrop:
Avatar: Utena and Anthy hawtness <3
-----------------------------------------------------------
XBOX LIVE GAMERTAG: ShinjiSama01
http://shinjisama.wordpress.com/ - Blog
http://otakuno1.deviantart.com/ - Deviant account

Uriel Septim VII
Lilin
Lilin

•      
  •      

Postby Uriel Septim VII » Fri Dec 25, 2009 3:38 am

I should be going back to drawing after a half decade hiatus... but fuck that, I'm still playing Fallout 3.
AVATAR-- Hedy Lamarr: actor, inventor of spread spectrum communications technology, and main villain of Blazing Saddles.

You know what, rip me off once, shame on me. But twice? I'm coming after you and taking back what's mine. --Billy Mays

Defectron
Tentacle Girl
Tentacle Girl

•      
  •      

Postby Defectron » Fri Dec 25, 2009 8:12 pm

I should be going back to drawing after a half decade hiatus... but fuck that, I'm still playing Fallout 3.

Damn and I thought I was a slacker, I should be finishing panel 4 of "they fight crime" today.

EDIT: And here it is

[URL=http://img97.imageshack.us/i/46280359.jpg/]Image[/URL]
Parasite Galaxy: An experimental webcomic

http://www.parasitegalaxy.com/ Updates Monday and Thursday. Vote for me on top webcomics

If you want to support this comic buy something from me on amazon

Uriel Septim VII
Lilin
Lilin

•      
  •      

Postby Uriel Septim VII » Sat Dec 26, 2009 5:24 am

I like the way the big thing's groin is censored. It reminds me of the baby face from the Bill Herrington meme on Nicovideo.
AVATAR-- Hedy Lamarr: actor, inventor of spread spectrum communications technology, and main villain of Blazing Saddles.

You know what, rip me off once, shame on me. But twice? I'm coming after you and taking back what's mine. --Billy Mays

Sailor Star Dust
Kept you waiting, huh?
Kept you waiting, huh?

•      
  •      

Postby Sailor Star Dust » Tue Dec 29, 2009 5:52 pm

Disclaimer to cover my ass: No profit is made from this game or anything related to it, I'm simply a fan who enjoys the series/new films and this game is strictly "for fans, by fans" ONLY. Eva belongs to Gainax/Khara, etc etc etc.

Because I would like some feed-back, here's a very rough demo of my Rebuild 2.0 visual novel so far. I am actually nervous on releasing my work up to this point publicly, but what the hell. Better to get any negative feedback out of the way now instead of being disappointed when my game is actually complete, I guess. :sweatdrop:

This is Windows only by the way, but I'd think it could play on a Windows virtual machine. Somebody feel free to try such and let me know if it works that way.

Sample image and Download links therein, naturally 2.0  SPOILER: Show

Download links here:

http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?ynldgjmiwym

http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?nxmm4wtenfh

Make sure to save both files are saved in the same directory and it should play just fine. Any problems with playing the game, let me know. (By the way, you might need to google, download, and save fmodex.dll version 0.4.10.3 into the same directory as the game file, but try it without that first; it might not be necessary.)

I am going to replace any low quality images with high quality ones once a DVD/BD rip is out (And I know I don't have all the character sprites ripped yet), though people's overall thoughts on how the game is shaping up to be, anything that looks like a glaring error (besides the fact I'm making a game based on 2.0 :tongue:), etc would be great.

Huge thanks go to NaveryW for his various help so far. Oh, and you should be able to save/load the game (before, say, branching points) by going to "Game" :arrow: save or load game on the upper left-hand side of the game engine itself.

Thanks and enjoy~ ^_^
~Take care of yourself, I need you~

Defectron
Tentacle Girl
Tentacle Girl

•      
  •      

Postby Defectron » Wed Dec 30, 2009 2:41 pm

[URL=http://img37.imageshack.us/i/91502856.jpg/]Image[/URL]

And here's another panel from "They Fight Crime"

http://www.parasitegalaxy.com/ Updates Monday and Thursday. Vote for me on top webcomics

Mr. Tines
Administrator
Administrator

•      
  •      

Postby Mr. Tines » Wed Dec 30, 2009 3:12 pm

Just finished coding myself a little planetarium clock in Scala, based on the previous implementation I did last year to practice with the F# language.
Reminder: Play nicely <<>> My vanity publishing:- NGE|blog|Photos|retro-blog|Fanfics &c.|MAL|𝕏|🐸|🦣

Defectron
Tentacle Girl
Tentacle Girl

•      
  •      

Postby Defectron » Thu Dec 31, 2009 1:57 am

I got another one finished, check the deviantart page in my link to see the new panel. 1.5 done in one day is a new record for me, granted these two werent as detailed as some of the others.

Gamer_2k4
Israfel
Israfel

•      
  •      

Postby Gamer_2k4 » Fri Jan 01, 2010 6:13 am

My main project is a story that I've been working on for quite some time. It was actually inspired by NGE (mainly the idea that you can hide a deep story in an action flick). I've been designing it since April of 2008 and writing it since this past January. I'm up to about 71000 words in 11 chapters, with 34 chapters total planned.

Other projects of mine include a roguelike game that's pretty much been on hold since last April and a clone of the classic game Crush! Deluxe written in C#. I've also been playing around with ideas for two or three other stories as well, and ultimately I want to learn to draw and paint (electronically) well enough to illustrate my stories, since words only go so far when describing key people, places, objects, and events.
Gamer_2k4

Omegagouki
Shikigami of the Castle
Shikigami of the Castle

•      
  •      

Postby Omegagouki » Fri Jan 01, 2010 6:46 am

Evangelion-wise, now that I have a computer again, I should probably get back to working on my Eva/Sonic crossover at least. Maybe a rework of my post-3I story, too.

Otherwise, probably my preparations for Las Cruces Anime Day at the end of this month... if I'm able.
PSN/Steam: Zentillion | Tum8lr
8luh 8luh
Sill (and always) promoting Homestuck

GasmaskAvenger
Re-Gyption Strut
Re-Gyption Strut

•      
  •      

Postby GasmaskAvenger » Sun Jan 03, 2010 1:47 am

just started typing my AU Evangelion fan fic

Heck, I might even start posting it here when it progresses (I'm barely typing up the prologue as I type)
Satsuki Kiryuin wants you to turn that frown upside down...
My AU Evangelion Fanfic | My Street Fighter fanfic
XBOX Live: GasmaskAvenger | PSN: GasmaskAvenger
Official "Grindhouse of Evangelion" Discussion, Updates and Cast Sign Up Thread.

Sailor Star Dust
Kept you waiting, huh?
Kept you waiting, huh?

•      
  •      

Postby Sailor Star Dust » Sun Jan 03, 2010 3:11 pm

Somehow, I managed to finish Nerv's Longest Day. X_x Check the usual places (including the link in my sig >_> ), it should be there.

Now if I can just put in the energy to finishing up my Rebuild fanfic... (Considering I'll be busy as hell when school starts come tomorrow. ;_; )
~Take care of yourself, I need you~

Defectron
Tentacle Girl
Tentacle Girl

•      
  •      

Postby Defectron » Mon Jan 04, 2010 2:29 pm

Right now I'm making a blog, a freind of mine recommended this since I have a tendency to get into wacky hyjinx of sorts. My freind has a fairly big following at cons which he said he'd send my way if I made it so I figured I would give it a go. The one misgiving I have is that whenever I talk about stuff on the internet , for some reason i can't help but feel compelled to spill all of the secrets that I don't usually tell people which I'm not sure I want my freinds to know about. But oh well I'll just have to cross that bridge when I get to it, I'll post a link up here when I have something to show.

esselfortium
Angel
Angel

•      
  •      

Postby esselfortium » Sat Jan 09, 2010 12:21 am

A deathmatch map for Skulltag (a multiplayer-oriented Doom port) I've been building for the past few days. Tried some new texturing techniques and used a ridiculous number of slopes. :)

Agentomega
Eva Technician
Eva Technician

•      
  •      

Postby Agentomega » Sat Jan 09, 2010 2:22 am

Heh, that's a pretty neat map...

Anyway, the projects I've got in the works are:
- continuing my webcomic (it's still in the infant stages, see sig)
- writing some Python script that'll let me view the files on my hard drive in sort of a video game style (think of something like Code Lyoko/Megaman. This is hitting a roadblock, as the Python-Ogre tutorials are based upon a file that doesn't exist in the latest version). I plan on adapting this later to also function as an anti-virus type o' thing (again, like Code Lyoko/Megaman).
- Mass Effect Insanity one-shot playthough before ME2 comes out.
- Participating more on this forum (including a return to the RPs, as soon as I catch up. If I force myself to post updates as often as I update the webcomic, there's no way I'll get too far behind like last time)
Avatar: Rhoe Amariyo (© 2010-2014 SQUARE ENIX CO., LTD. All Rights Reserved. FINAL FANTASY X|V)
Karigane Shirou in LoL's RP - Rebuild of Evangelion: We Are (Not) Together
"'I was a nerd before it was cool' ~Agent" ~Lance of LoL

Oz
Finland Miracle
Finland Miracle

•      
  •      

Postby Oz » Sat Jan 09, 2010 4:20 am

That really does look like a great map, essel! :thumbsup:

I'll be working on a certain essay today after I'm done with my review of Mizoguchi's Sansho the Bailiff.
"I'd really like to have as much money as you have, Oz" - robersora
"No you wouldn't. Oz's secret is he goes without food to buy that stuff. He hasn't eaten in years." - Brikhaus

"Often I get the feeling that deep down, your little girl is struggling with your embrace of filmfaggotry and your loldeep fixations, and the conflict that arises from such a contradiction is embodied pretty well in Kureha's character. But obviously it's not any sort of internal conflict that makes the analogy work. It's the pigtails." - Merridian
"Oh, Oz, I fear I'm losing my filmfag to the depths of Japanese pop. If only there were more films with Japanese girls in glow-in-the-dark costumes you'd be the David Bordwell of that genre." - Jimbo
"Oz, I think we need to stage an intervention and force you to watch some movies that aren't made in Japan." - Trajan

Return to “Completely and Utterly Off-Topic”