Evangelion ANIMA (general)

For talking about all other entries in the Evangelion franchise: from the various manga and video games to merchandising and various video/audio releases.

Moderator: Board Staff

Forum rules
By visiting this forum, you agree to read the rules for discussion and abide by them.
cojax8
Lilith

Re: Evangelion ANIMA

•      
  •      

Postby cojax8 » Sat Dec 05, 2009 11:30 pm

If you guys want, I can give pretty fast translations, but they probably wont be the best… for example.
04choiy wrote:Story: From the Starting point
Thanks to the works of Kaji Ryoji, member of the NERV's Special Info unit, ZEELE's planned invasion of NERV's Japan branch was discovered in advance. Also the truth behind the Human Instrumentality project shocked the U.N and the Japaese Governement os much that it called off the invasion of NERV's base...

That’s the beginning part of 04choys translation of page 165 from his post back in October, and here’s the translation I did (not me personally, but a machine translation, so that’s what to blame for the awesome translation).

From the turning point
The [nerufu] Japanese headquarters invasion of [ze-re] came to light beforehand by the activity of [nerufu] special audit section belonging and incantation [ryouji]. And, the revealed true colors of surprising [ze-re] and the whole content of the human race supplementation plan struck close to home to the United Nations and Japanese Government, and the [nerufu] headquarters invasion by scheduled strategy white [mamorutai] was assumed to be discontinuance. However, Japanese Government and the United Nations had both reached the extremity of confusion by active behind the scenes of the cell of [ze-re] that had infiltrated in the organization. Therefore, concrete assistance measures did not advance at all, and the [nerufu] headquarters was a situation that could not help corresponding to the decisive battle with [ze-re] that might be visited at what time for oneself…

I left some of the translation out, but you get the idea.

As you can see, there are some discrepancies, but if you want, at least, a little understanding of what’s going on till someone who actually knows all this stuff comes and translates it all for ya, just let me know and I’ll start with the wholesale translations.

I’ve got another translation program...but that one seems even more inconsistent then the one that is above.
A man should not strive to eliminate his complexes, but to get into accord with them; they are legitimately what directs his conduct in the world. -Sigmund Freud
We are never so defenseless against suffering as when we love, never so forlornly unhappy as when we have lost our love object or its love. -Sigmund Freud
If someone offered you a pill that would make you permanently happy, you would be well advised to run fast and run far. Emotion is a compass that tells us what to do, and a compass that is perpetually stuck on NORTH is worthless. - Daniel Gilbert

TMBounty_Hunter
Hachigouki is my waifu
Hachigouki is my waifu

•      
  •      

Postby TMBounty_Hunter » Tue Dec 22, 2009 1:35 am

computer translations aren't really nice and proper, you'll still need someone with plenty of moonspeak and eva knowledge to go over it after with a comb fine enough to be a translation by itself.

in other news, boobies on the moon

January 2010 raw: http://www.mresources.info/Eva_stuff/Ev ... 01_RAW.rar
"Hooray for other things!" -NAveryW

Otakon 08 Ikari
DNA Donor
DNA Donor

•      
  •      

Postby Otakon 08 Ikari » Tue Dec 22, 2009 2:42 pm

Another reason why the moon is amazing.
Dr. Trans Old Fashioned Peppermint Dickables

http://pshbling.deviantart.com/gallery/ Go there for Eva cosplay.

TMBounty_Hunter
Hachigouki is my waifu
Hachigouki is my waifu

•      
  •      

Postby TMBounty_Hunter » Tue Dec 22, 2009 11:14 pm

so that last issue took so long to arrive that the new Dengeki is already out in Japan.

everyone together now,

d'aaaaawwwwwwwwww

SPOILER: Show

NAveryW
Insect Politician
Insect Politician

•      
  •      

Postby NAveryW » Wed Dec 23, 2009 1:10 am

It'd be cute if it weren't supposed to be sexy.

TMBounty_Hunter
Hachigouki is my waifu
Hachigouki is my waifu

•      
  •      

Postby TMBounty_Hunter » Fri Jan 08, 2010 8:22 pm

The whole thing:

http://www.mresources.info/Eva_stuff/Ev ... 02_RAW.rar

Part 2 Chapter 5

No new illustrations from Yamashita, only TEXT TEXT TEXT TEXT oh hay look the Super Eva toy TEXT TEXT TEXT TEXT TEXT

TMBounty_Hunter
Hachigouki is my waifu
Hachigouki is my waifu

•      
  •      

Postby TMBounty_Hunter » Sun Jan 24, 2010 10:40 am

this seems to be getting more ridiculous with every chapter

lulz

BattleMonkey
Leliel
Leliel

•      
  •      

Postby BattleMonkey » Sun Jan 24, 2010 11:43 am

Don't see it as being ridiculous, lot of the other stuff in Anima is far more over the top.

The Bastard King
Tokyo-3 Resident
Tokyo-3 Resident

•      
  •      

Postby The Bastard King » Mon Jan 25, 2010 5:41 pm

More like the top is way below Anima.

But hey. At least Rurouni Fuyutsuki isn't eating an oddly phallic popsicle, amirite?
16:26 <BastardKing> KICK REASON TO THE CURB
16:26 <Fuyutsuki> BastardKing fires the kick cannon and it EXPLODES IN HIS FACE

TMBounty_Hunter
Hachigouki is my waifu
Hachigouki is my waifu

•      
  •      

Postby TMBounty_Hunter » Thu Feb 11, 2010 11:34 pm

TMBounty_Hunter
Hachigouki is my waifu
Hachigouki is my waifu

•      
  •      

Postby TMBounty_Hunter » Thu Feb 25, 2010 10:53 am

OOOOOOOOH SHIIIIIIIIIII-

new Dengeki came out today in Japan, HLJ still hasn't shipped mine, but from 2chan:

Neon Genesis Evangelion ANIMA Graphics (tentative)

Coming soon

planned A4 size/ 2,000 yen (before tax, since it doesn't apply to silly gaijin like me)

BEST NEWS EVER. Pre-ordering. If this indeed has huge and clean versions of all the illustrations so far than it will make photoshopping the english version 9000 times easier. Now all that's left to do is get the actual translations from somewhere :D

BattleMonkey
Leliel
Leliel

•      
  •      

Postby BattleMonkey » Thu Feb 25, 2010 11:41 am

Is it just the illustrations or a collection? Lot of these photonovel type deals get collected eventually into books.

TMBounty_Hunter
Hachigouki is my waifu
Hachigouki is my waifu

•      
  •      

Postby TMBounty_Hunter » Sat Feb 27, 2010 11:02 am

No idea, but as long as I get clean pics I don't really care.

New character page

Also wheeeeeeeeeeee HLJ shipped my Dengeki on friday.

TMBounty_Hunter
Hachigouki is my waifu
Hachigouki is my waifu

•      
  •      

Postby TMBounty_Hunter » Wed Mar 24, 2010 5:09 pm

lol, board won't let me reply more than twice in row. have to delete and repost older post because noone else cared enough to reply.

----------------------original post--------------------------
Section 2 Chapter 7 + inteview with Bandai's Izumi Katsuhiro

http://www.mresources.info/Eva_stuff/Ev ... 04_RAW.rar

Need more info on that damn book.

---------------------new post-----------------------------

May Dengeki character page Image

Sailor Star Dust
Kept you waiting, huh?
Kept you waiting, huh?

•      
  •      

Postby Sailor Star Dust » Wed Mar 24, 2010 5:16 pm

I think the above pic is a reference to this Die Sterne image.

I really haven't been following ANIMA much, but the images are pretty if nothing else. I just don't understand why more novels of it aren't out in Japan. (I think only Volume 1 is out so far or it's going to be...)
~Take care of yourself, I need you~

TMBounty_Hunter
Hachigouki is my waifu
Hachigouki is my waifu

•      
  •      

Postby TMBounty_Hunter » Wed Mar 24, 2010 6:39 pm

This hasn't been compiled yet, and so far I'm not quite sure if the upcoming book is just an artbook or a compilation. Even the title is tentative :\

Hopefully the new Dengeki will have more details on it, but it'll probably be 2 weeks before I get mine.

BattleMonkey
Leliel
Leliel

•      
  •      

Postby BattleMonkey » Sat Mar 27, 2010 10:59 pm

So it's obvious Rei is a clone in this series especially with their being two others of her running around. Wonder how much Shinji knows of her, are they more like family now... if so that picture with how Rei is dressed is kinda creepy.

ryatwo
Embryo

•      
  •      

Postby ryatwo » Fri Apr 23, 2010 8:01 am

Anybody got scans of this month's Anima? Just saw a copy of Dengeki Hobby at a Kinokuniya.

TMBounty_Hunter
Hachigouki is my waifu
Hachigouki is my waifu

•      
  •      

Postby TMBounty_Hunter » Fri Apr 23, 2010 9:25 am

I have it all scanned, just need to process it, will probably be out later today. I didn't quite realize people still cared!

Hoshikawa-kun
Lilith

•      
  •      

Postby Hoshikawa-kun » Fri Apr 23, 2010 8:18 pm

So I spent about four hours working on a "translation" of this. I'm cross-referencing machine translations of Japanese>English with 04choiy's Korean>English translations with information we already have from the TV series and EoE and...of all places, I had to get info from one of the video games to make sense of the F-Type equipment's description. The important part I feel, is when I then combined the translation with my writing major to make this a readable novel for English-speaking persons. So here's my translation of Chapter 1 so far, spoilered because HUEG:
SPOILER: Show
Chapter 1
Memories of the Watermelon Field/The Raid of NERV

December 31st, 2015

As a result of the final actions of Kaji Ryoji of the NERV Special Information unit, SEELE's intended scenario for the invasion of NERV Japan was sabotaged. SEELE's true colors were brought to light, and the truth behind the Human Instrumentality Project was unveiled to the United Nations and the Japanese government, leading them to call off the invasion of NERV. Despite this, the disease known as SEELE had spread far in the world's anatomy, and a number of spies had infiltrated both the UN and Japan. Bringing about chaos within each of these organizations, reinforcements and funding had been indefinitely postponed for NERV.
NERV had been left alone to combat SEELE's assault.
At the forefront of their attack lay the culmination of Project E, the Mass Production Evangelions. Out of a planned twelve, five of these were completed at NERV China in May, after which contact was lost with the branch. Faced with the alarming possibility that the MP Series were armed with anti-Evangelion equipment SEELE had kept secret from the world, the odds had clearly been drawn in SEELE's favor.
The gap in power was clear; Evangelion Unit-00 was still being reconstructed after its fateful suicide, the Third Rei was unprepared to enter combat, and Evangelion Unit-02's pilot was comatose. Unit-03 and 04 had been destroyed months ago, leaving NERV with no choice but to sortie a single Evangelion against the MP Series.
Equipped with the F-Type Evangelion AT Field Control Experiment unit, a technology once grounded under SEELE's authority, Unit-01 is deployed. In these extreme circumstances, Ikari Shinji has no recourse than to give his best to save those in the Geofront.

Polluted Battle-Area
Early Summer 2018

Asuka Langeley Sohryu frowned as the wind tugged at her scarlet hair. The morning air would have been refreshing, if not for the painful contrast of the battled-scarred wasteland that stretched on for miles around her. Once upon a time, this had been a forest that would have been noisy with all the implicating chirping and buzzing of life.
Her arm came up as an awkward shield against the sun's abrupt glare, and in the corner of her eye she caught sight of an optical sensor's flash. A hard working, twenty-four hour AI-san; the laser that had briefly darted into her eye had just confirmed her as the Second Children.
Asuka smiled in silent scoffing at the SDF's security policies and returned to the day's task, the all-important top-secret mission of “Patrol the watermelon field”.
The frown returned as she caught sight of a certain boy and his thin ponytail.
Why's he imitating Kaji? I mean, it doesn't matter or anything but...ugh! What are you thinking, Asuka?!
Ikari Shinji had been watering Kaji's watermelons for the past year.
He needn't worry about others ruining his work; here in the theater bloodied by Evangelion and the Self-Defense Force, normal people were kept out by the hushed rumors of pollution.
Shinji stayed his hand, the flow of water ceasing as he looked out at the mountains. The violence of man and Angel had many times remapped these stone ridges. From here he could glimpse the crumbled silhouette of the Geofront.
The stone coffin, built from high-density heavy insulators, kept the interior of the Geofront in a high-pressure, low energy state, mankind's attempt at keeping the monster inside from going berserk.
Three years ago... Once more he was compelled to run the event through his mind Tracing this memory over...surely I...have been reset.

Situation Ultimo + Fourteen minutes
December 31st, 2015

“Shinji-kun! Calm down! You'll lose control over the AT Field!” He could hear Misato cry out, a yellow window glaring a warning into his eyes. Evangelion Unit-01 was sprinting fast enough to deny the human eye a peaceable view of its legs, the S2 Engine producing more energy than the combined sum of four nuclear submarines.
The S2 Engine's output had begun to glaze the very air, the front armor's atomic arrangements glistening in the heat haze like an open wound. The F-Type Equipment, built by the hands of men to arm the god Evangelion, was lacking in efficiency; 20% of all energy produced by the S2 engine was lost as a blistering heat in the transfer, the equivalent to a single refitted Sohryu submarine.
Yet in refute of this, the Evangelion itself showed no loss of energy during the transfer.
So much for conservation of energy.
Before the Eva's feet could stride upon the ground at 0.2 seconds per step, the trees and earth below were compressed by the ruddy angles of an AT Field. The F-Type equipment was a testing unit for AT Field control— to concentrate the AT Field into a single, controlled space, like the hands or feet. Working through the F-Type equipment, Shinji applied the AT Field below Unit-01's feet as a foothold, avoiding destroying the ground below with the Eva's strides.
It was a necessary precaution; Eva-01's feet, at 14,000 times the size of a main battle tank, could easily crush any of the miniscule structures below, or abruptly sink into a mass of weak soil.
Entering the battlefield 93 meters per second, Shinji's line of sight shifted to Evangelion Unit-02, swarmed by the Mass-Production Evangelions. It was like a macabre work of oil pastels, Unit-02's head skewered by the pallid replicas of the Lance of Longinus.
Impaled as it was, Unit-02 could not respond. Shinji Ikari did not care.
Asuka!

Polluted Battle-Area
Early Summer 2018

Shinji was brought back from the world of memory by the prompt screech of wheels scraping through the sand, soon followed by a feminine cry for his attentions. Turning, he saw Katsuragi Misato stepping out of a military vehicle, crossing her arms over her voluptuous chest as she looked the boy over.
“You've grown again, Shinji-kun? Boys just keep on growing, don't they?” Misato smiled, pleased with the boy, “I wonder what kind of man you'll grow into...I'm looking forward to meeting him.”
“I get tired of hearing you say that all the time. 'He' is right here!” Shinji gestured to himself.
“Oooh, such a fast reaction. You're all grown up, huh?”
There was now reply. Misato followed his gaze to the distant wall eclipsing the Geofront.
“...Thinking about that day again?”

Situation Ultimo – 50 seconds
December 31st 2015

“Lieutenant Colonel Katsuragi – the briefing results?” Ikari Gendo inquired.
“I've sent them to all the personnel. It seems that everyone's rather devastated by what happened to the Human Instrumentality Project, sir.” Misato reported.
“Including the Japanese government.” Gendo let out a hoarse little laugh, perhaps the first time Misato had ever heard him so jubilant, “I'll have to thank Kaji. He made himself quite the indispensable dog, even to them. All they can do now is postpone action in fear of SEELE's retribution...”
“All that awaits them is destruction.” Katsuragi interjected.
“So shall it be written. Now, what of the Mobile Support Units?”
“We've finished transferring Evangelion Unit-01's combat equipment and repair data to the parallel supercomputer's memory banks. We secured the survival of the computers by dispersing them within 82 separate tanks, taking about nine hours in all. Equipment and repair reports will be ready shortly.”
Ikari turned to the voice recorder.
“It is currently 02:35. I grant you permission to declare Situation Ultimo as the need arises.”

“Something up ahead! Low orbital bearings, estimated 2,024 rounds, four rounds per second...we lost contact with base, but simulations predict no change inside the Geofront!”
“Just 26 hours since the transfer of power, they're quick...” Misato cursed silently inside the trembling vehicle.
The armored car in which Misato was riding was roughly 40 kilometers away from the Geofront, but SEELE's raid had arrived in force, far beyond their estimated capacity.
“Sensor wipeout confirmed! Damn it! We've deafened it so much!”
“The sensor's position must have been leaked.” Misato concluded grimly, “What happened to the Mobile Support Units?”
“Still operating. 35 seconds until inter-vehicle communication restores.”
“Geofront should still be safe; no matter how great this attack, it's still human. Geofront's walls can't be penetrated by anything but an Eva or an Angel.” Misato took a deep breath, before announcing in a level voice:
“'As superior commander I hereby declare Situation Ultimo. All operative authorities and rights to dispatch Eva's are delegated to Katsuragi Misato, over and out!' Send that to all the MSU as soon as the line restores.”
[Ultimo] is a declaration code granted to Misato. After the declaration, information from the Mobile Support Unit's network is spread amongst several hundred square kilometers to support the Evangelions. Of course, no one could be sure which would be safer— to rely on the Geofront, or the Mobile Support Units.

At this point we have half of Chapter 1, I had to stop my localization/translation because 04choiy's translation runs out and I'll only have different machine translations to refer to, which is a headache I don't want to deal with until I've recovered from doing this part.
The most difficulty I've had is Shinji and Asuka near the beginning, because their inner speech is really problematic to make sense of, especially Shinji's comment about having been "reset". Almost makes me think that this is a Second Shinji the way we have a Third Rei.

Most interesting of all, I assumed Misato would be a Major like she was in the series(04choiy wasn't sure what her English-language rank was), but put the line of dialogue through the translator to be safe. The machine translation reveals ANIMA made Misato a Lieutenant Colonel instead of a Major or Captain. So...Rebuild continuity?

Return to “Everything Else Evangelion”