Rebuild of Eva 2.0 DVD

Discussion of the new series of Evangelion movies ( "Evangelion Shin Gekijōban", meaning "Evangelion: New Theatrical Edition"). The final instalment made its debut in Japan on March 8, 2021.

Moderators: Rebuild/OT Moderators, Board Staff

Forum rules
By visiting this forum, you agree to read the rules for discussion.
SaltyJoe
Nerv Scientist
Nerv Scientist

Postby SaltyJoe » Thu Dec 10, 2009 7:13 am

Heromaster111 wrote:What is the greyed out tab that says Coming Soon when you scroll over it for?

ダウンロード/downloads. Get ready for useless Eva crap in digitzed form.
"Outside of a dog, a book is man's best friend. Inside of a dog, it is too dark to read."

EdZ
Adam

Postby EdZ » Thu Dec 10, 2009 7:20 am

Heromaster111 wrote:What is the greyed out tab that says Coming Soon when you scroll over it for?
"Download".

Heromaster111
Ramiel
Ramiel

Postby Heromaster111 » Thu Dec 10, 2009 9:39 am

ah aw well

Ikari_Gendou
Embryo

Postby Ikari_Gendou » Tue Dec 15, 2009 7:16 am

I'm gonna explain with some example:

tengen toppa lagann - hen is coming out 2 week of january and it was out on april

do the math
I don't want to =D

Lui
Adam

Postby Lui » Tue Dec 15, 2009 11:41 am

I'm going to guess a DVD release date announcement sometime in January, and the release 2 or 3 months after so everyone has enough time to preorder etc. So ending with a release between February and May.
This is a block of text that can be added to posts you make. There is a 1000 character limit. Images, quotes, and code tags are not allowed in Signatures.

Electric Sachiel
Lilin
Lilin

Postby Electric Sachiel » Tue Dec 15, 2009 1:15 pm

Lui wrote:I'm going to guess a DVD release date announcement sometime in January, and the release 2 or 3 months after so everyone has enough time to preorder etc. So ending with a release between February and May.

If so, i honestly am beginning to hate Japanese practices and their extended periods between theater and dvd releases. Honestly we have to wait almost a year? 9-11 months for a dvd to come out? jesus.....And we only had to wait 4-5 months for Transformers 2 and Star Trek to come out dvd.....

Mr. Tines
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Mr. Tines » Tue Dec 15, 2009 1:26 pm

Electric Sachiel wrote: i honestly am beginning to hate Japanese practices and their extended periods between theater and dvd releases.
At least we are certain to get one, in a few months. Not like the JoJo movie which came out before Rebuild 1.0 and simply isn't getting a DVD release.
Reminder: Play nicely <<>> My vanity publishing:- NGE|blog|Photos|retro-blog|Fanfics &c.|MAL|𝕏|🐸|🦣

Heromaster111
Ramiel
Ramiel

Postby Heromaster111 » Tue Dec 15, 2009 7:24 pm

I don't really care at this point when it comes out. I just want a date right now.

NAveryW
Insect Politician
Insect Politician

Postby NAveryW » Tue Dec 15, 2009 7:38 pm

Heromaster111 wrote:I don't really care at this point when it comes out. I just want a date right now.
Make up your mind.

esselfortium
Angel
Angel

Postby esselfortium » Tue Dec 15, 2009 10:58 pm

Heromaster111 wrote:I don't really care at this point when it comes out. I just want a date right now.

Well you'll never get one if you keep posting on anime forums.

It's true. Image

TMBounty_Hunter
Hachigouki is my waifu
Hachigouki is my waifu

Postby TMBounty_Hunter » Wed Dec 16, 2009 9:29 am

Mr. Tines wrote:
Electric Sachiel wrote: i honestly am beginning to hate Japanese practices and their extended periods between theater and dvd releases.
At least we are certain to get one, in a few months. Not like the JoJo movie which came out before Rebuild 1.0 and simply isn't getting a DVD release.

why did you have to remind me.....I had pretty much forgotten at this point and it would have been a pleasant surprise when it would be finally announced....

2 years and 10 months since the theatrical release and still no Jojo DVD :boohoo:
"Hooray for other things!" -NAveryW

SaltyJoe
Nerv Scientist
Nerv Scientist

Postby SaltyJoe » Sat Dec 19, 2009 9:18 am

I just stumbled across this post on the min nano EVA Fan website (google translated for fun), reporting about an interview with Kazuya Tsurumaki (Anno's right hand man) in the recent edition of Cut magazine where he dropped some hints about 2.0's DVD release.

"Sometimes next spring." Pretty vague, but better than nothing.
"Outside of a dog, a book is man's best friend. Inside of a dog, it is too dark to read."

Fazmotron
Admin Emeritus :-{|

Postby Fazmotron » Sat Dec 19, 2009 9:30 am

[Became a moderator on August 14th, 2011. Became an administrator on September 7th, 2013.]
--Fazmotron--
A.K.A. - Ryan Farrell
How Chaz sees me.
BobBQ - I find your lack of :-{| disturbing.

FAZMOTRON.com

skikes
Israfel
Israfel

Postby skikes » Sat Dec 19, 2009 10:08 am

Fazmotron wrote:News Post.

Work on Re-Take!?
What if I don't want to live in the real world?

Fazmotron

Postby Fazmotron » Sat Dec 19, 2009 10:51 am

No idea what it is exactly, he just says something like "In the midst of the work 'Re-Take'". (crappy google translation).
[Became a moderator on August 14th, 2011. Became an administrator on September 7th, 2013.]
--Fazmotron--
A.K.A. - Ryan Farrell
How Chaz sees me.
BobBQ - I find your lack of :-{| disturbing.

FAZMOTRON.com

SaltyJoe
Nerv Scientist
Nerv Scientist

Postby SaltyJoe » Sat Dec 19, 2009 12:21 pm

I did some sentence-mincing in Google Translate, and it seems like "Riteiku" is something that they will do with 2.0. Adding extra scenes, remastering this or that for the DVD release, something like that.

The word is リテイク. Anyone with actual Japanese knowledge care to translate the word or the whole post itself?

Sailor Star Dust
Kept you waiting, huh?
Kept you waiting, huh?

Postby Sailor Star Dust » Sat Dec 19, 2009 12:32 pm

It means just what you said: adding new scenes/fixing established ones. :woohoo:

I really hope this means we'll get 2.22/whatever the hell instead of something like 1.01 quality and content-wise.

Post-translation sometime today.
Last edited by Sailor Star Dust on Sat Dec 19, 2009 12:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
~Take care of yourself, I need you~

EdZ
Adam

Postby EdZ » Sat Dec 19, 2009 12:34 pm

Basically what happens with any anime DVD release: any slightly off drawings, any missed shading, any minor botched composite, anything that just didn't quite have time to be fixed before the movie was sent to print/show was aired, is fixed before the DVD release. Occasionally extra footage maybe added.

Tetsuo87
Adam

Postby Tetsuo87 » Sat Dec 19, 2009 1:00 pm

already knew .... in September, I wrote this in this post: [url]http://forum.evageeks.org/viewtopic.php?p=301855#301855[/url]

Tetsuo87 wrote:a big news,
yesterday at a press conference was in Lucca, Carlo Cavazzoni (head of Dynit) has announced the release of the DVD of Eva 2.0 should be by next summer, but have to be after leaving Japan. packaging and extras, will be as much as possible the same as Japanese edition, as happened on 1.01 and the 1.11 BD. However, until you know for sure the Japanese release dates. you can not have exact dates.
also (not sure) yesterday was also the director of Rai4 (Italian broadcasters) and apparently intends to screen evangelion movies, it is not clear whether this is the rebuild or the old movies, but apparently the rebuild.

He opened another topic to talk about this?

sorry for my eng...

we now have official confirmation :ting:

Note: Dynit is the Italian publisher of evangelion

Ikari_Gendou
Embryo

Postby Ikari_Gendou » Sat Dec 19, 2009 2:43 pm

FRIKIN AWESOME!

I can't wait for the realese.

I hope to see something else than just the movie... some extras or something xD

Return to “Rebuild of Evangelion Discussion”