EvaCub
Ireul
Ireul

Code Geass: Akito the Exiled

•      
  •      

Postby EvaCub » Sat Dec 05, 2009 12:41 am

i'm a lot excited

http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2009-12-04/new-code-geass-project-launch-revealed

I am hoping it's an alternate story instead of a sequel, and i hope they work Machiavelli's The Prince into Lelouch's character even more
Last edited by EvaCub on Mon Nov 05, 2012 11:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
My Anime List
Apjak:"Basically, to make an A.T. field gun, you'd have to make a gun that fires Evangelions. Not a very efficient use.
SailorStarDust:"No, everything has SOME meaning to it in Eva!"
Reichu on Sequel Theory:lights bandwagon on fire again:

Xeroko
Forum Maid
Forum Maid

•      
  •      

Postby Xeroko » Sat Dec 05, 2009 4:03 am

I really hope they don't screw this up, everything went so well with 2 seasons, though a spin off could be interesting.
Clocks and Maids
Don't believe in yourself, believe in the maid who believes in you! <3
The Ewan McGregor and Jaime Lannister Fangirl of EGF
My cakes will pierce the heavens!
Maidly Quote: "I'll punish you in high heels!"

[url]http://i603.photobucket.com/albums/tt111/Xero103/1297051910683.jpg[/url]
~=Gothic Lolita=~
EGF's Herald of Slaanesh

Uriel Septim VII
Lilin
Lilin

•      
  •      

Postby Uriel Septim VII » Sat Dec 05, 2009 6:08 am

I would like to see more background on the events that altered the timeline.
AVATAR-- Hedy Lamarr: actor, inventor of spread spectrum communications technology, and main villain of Blazing Saddles.

You know what, rip me off once, shame on me. But twice? I'm coming after you and taking back what's mine. --Billy Mays

Defectron
Tentacle Girl
Tentacle Girl

•      
  •      

Postby Defectron » Sun Dec 06, 2009 12:31 am

oh god, this is this a third series? It's probably going to be made of plot contrivences if the trend from series 2 holds true, even inuyasha may end up being outdone in the plot contrivence department. Why doesn't anything that should stay dead ever stay dead?

If this is a third series Clovis will probably come back from the dead in Euphemias body to claim the thrown and it'll turn out that zero was actually lelouch disguised as Suzaku disguised as lelouch the whole time.
Parasite Galaxy: An experimental webcomic

http://www.parasitegalaxy.com/ Updates Monday and Thursday. Vote for me on top webcomics

If you want to support this comic buy something from me on amazon

LeoXiao
Bridge Bunny
Bridge Bunny

•      
  •      

Postby LeoXiao » Sun Dec 06, 2009 1:11 am

Is this going to be REBUILD OF GEASS?

I didn't actually like CG that much. I hope they make it more intelligent this time. I really hated it when the plot twists were completely arbitrary and didn't have any foreshadowing to support them.

schismatics
Potential Pilot
Potential Pilot

•      
  •      

Postby schismatics » Sun Dec 06, 2009 6:51 pm

Hopefully this is just an anime form of Nightmare of Nunnally...because that manga's actually pretty kewl.

Xard
Banned

•      
  •      

Postby Xard » Mon Dec 07, 2009 2:34 pm

didn't this trainwreck for a show utterly destroy itself in last season already?

master_lloyd
Nerv Employee
Nerv Employee

•      
  •      

Postby master_lloyd » Mon Dec 07, 2009 2:55 pm

Xard wrote:didn't this trainwreck for a show utterly destroy itself in last season already?

You could look at it that way, or you could say Code Geass was so awesome that a coherent narrative could not hold it!

Loved R2 btw. Warts and all.
Neon Genesis Evangelion (from the Greek Ευανγελιον, meaning "Gigantic robots piloted by mentally ill children")
Eva Facts:
-Gendo's final silenced line to Ritsuko was "I'm going to shoot you now."
-Nagisa Kaworu kills a kitten every time you masturbate.
-Kaji's first and last name was Kaji

Defectron
Tentacle Girl
Tentacle Girl

•      
  •      

Postby Defectron » Mon Dec 07, 2009 5:00 pm

didn't this trainwreck for a show utterly destroy itself in last season already?

Well yeah I agree there, but there's one problem, enough people disagreed with my opinion that this was voted the best anime of 08 :rei_meh:
Parasite Galaxy: An experimental webcomic

http://www.parasitegalaxy.com/ Updates Monday and Thursday. Vote for me on top webcomics

If you want to support this comic buy something from me on amazon

AchtungAffen
Banned

•      
  •      

Postby AchtungAffen » Wed Dec 09, 2009 12:48 pm

Couldn't care less about CG... at least we'll be getting a Trigun movie in April. That will clear the bad aftertaste.
"Oh, Constantine! To how many evils origin was given, not by your conversion to Christianity, but by the dowry which from you received the first Pope that was rich!" - Dante
How can you expect to live in a Republic when you don't care about the res-publica?
"The gun, in all its forms, was the epochal tool of white male supremacy, which is why it continues to have irrational appeal. As much as the jack-booted hate Jews and blacks, that much they love their guns." - James Carrol
My List @ AniDB

- Original activist against the lockers-that-be -

EvaCub
Ireul
Ireul

•      
  •      

Postby EvaCub » Wed Dec 09, 2009 1:24 pm

AchtungAffen wrote:Couldn't care less about CG... at least we'll be getting a Trigun movie in April. That will clear the bad aftertaste.

that's still coming out!? :boingy:
My Anime List
Apjak:"Basically, to make an A.T. field gun, you'd have to make a gun that fires Evangelions. Not a very efficient use.
SailorStarDust:"No, everything has SOME meaning to it in Eva!"
Reichu on Sequel Theory:lights bandwagon on fire again:

AchtungAffen
Banned

•      
  •      

Postby AchtungAffen » Wed Dec 09, 2009 1:53 pm

Badlands Rumble - 4.24.10

http://anidb.net/perl-bin/animedb.pl?sh ... e&aid=7208

I really do wonder how they're going to adapt Trigun to these new anime trends of today...
"Oh, Constantine! To how many evils origin was given, not by your conversion to Christianity, but by the dowry which from you received the first Pope that was rich!" - Dante
How can you expect to live in a Republic when you don't care about the res-publica?
"The gun, in all its forms, was the epochal tool of white male supremacy, which is why it continues to have irrational appeal. As much as the jack-booted hate Jews and blacks, that much they love their guns." - James Carrol
My List @ AniDB

- Original activist against the lockers-that-be -

ZapX
Guided by the New Era
Guided by the New Era

•      
  •      

Postby ZapX » Thu Dec 10, 2009 3:53 am

ʕ•ᴥ•ʔ"Stop watching anime. it makes you think all girls are incredibly hot and shy, and there are 10 that all want your boner which just isn't true." -Brik-aniki

"I CAN'T HELP IT THAT I WANT TO EAT MY OWN VULVA AND SHARE IT WITH A LOVED ONE!"-Reichu

"I have a fetish for naked women with stigmata playing ping pong in the mud. Is there a name for that?" -Kaiser O-Ornette-dono-sama

“Don’t do that; that was probably hooker money.” -SSD on me holding money with my mouth

child of Lilith
Celestial Serendipity
Celestial Serendipity

•      
  •      

Postby child of Lilith » Thu Dec 10, 2009 4:18 am

I really liked the first season of CG. However the second season was a total mess. They pushed things so far beyond believability that I simply stopped caring about what was going on. What I’d hoped would be a great continuation of a show I really liked turned out to be the biggest waste of a second season that I’ve ever seen in an anime.

slothen
First Ancestral Sloth
First Ancestral Sloth

•      
  •      

Postby slothen » Mon Dec 14, 2009 9:41 pm

i have low expectations.
God, Apparently you all have been discussing Q since November. Catching up on the discussion is harrowing.

MAL Profile

Uriel Septim VII
Lilin
Lilin

•      
  •      

Postby Uriel Septim VII » Mon Dec 14, 2009 11:31 pm

slothen wrote:i have low expectations.

Me too. I watch the show for cheesy sentimentalism and robots on roller skates.
AVATAR-- Hedy Lamarr: actor, inventor of spread spectrum communications technology, and main villain of Blazing Saddles.

You know what, rip me off once, shame on me. But twice? I'm coming after you and taking back what's mine. --Billy Mays

LeoXiao
Bridge Bunny
Bridge Bunny

•      
  •      

Postby LeoXiao » Tue Dec 15, 2009 12:22 am

This series started out awesome, and I was pleased in the DEATHNOTEBLUREHAWESOME!!!!! sort of sense at first. Then it just went more and more downhill as more stupid shit like unexplained plot twists and extra paranormal stuff and cheezy super-mechs (like in Gundam 00 which also sucked balls) starting appearing. Also the fact that they decided not to have nukes but instead these idiotic nuke-things (kinda like rei-things versus Rei, you get it?) that created perfect circles in the ground and didn't leave anything at all in the way of badass like radioactivity or giant man-burning firestorms.

I will admit, however, that I thought the ending where he died was pretty cool in its overall concept. It was just ruined by the fact that the world wasn't bombarded by nuclear winter and almost destroyed first, versus the stupid mech fight in the end that they DID have.

ARGH I HATE MECHAS AND STUPID FLYING BASES WHY THE FUCK DID THEY DO IT!!!!!!!!?????? WHY!!!!???? I WANTED TO SEE A SHOW WITH GOOD MILITARY STRATEGY AND GAMES OF WITS, NOT A LOAD OF GAYASS FANTASY FIGHTS WITH AS-GOOD-AS MYTHICAL KNIGHT-MACHINES!

For more sanity, please see my earlier post in this thread.

schismatics
Potential Pilot
Potential Pilot

•      
  •      

Postby schismatics » Tue Dec 15, 2009 1:04 am

LeoXiao wrote: STUPID FLYING BASES

But they're soo coool! ;_;

...and so completely not-needed!

master_lloyd
Nerv Employee
Nerv Employee

•      
  •      

Postby master_lloyd » Tue Dec 15, 2009 9:21 am

LeoXiao wrote:ARGH I HATE MECHAS AND STUPID FLYING BASES WHY THE FUCK DID THEY DO IT!!!!!!!!?????? WHY!!!!????

:asuka_sad: But I love mechs...

Am I the only one who enjoyed R2 for what it was? An epic OTT spectacle with more nonsensical plot twists than a Spanish soap opera? It was like the writers realised they could never make it Death Note so they decided "Fuck it! Let's just go crazy! More SHOCK, more MECHA, more FABULOUS!"
Neon Genesis Evangelion (from the Greek Ευανγελιον, meaning "Gigantic robots piloted by mentally ill children")
Eva Facts:
-Gendo's final silenced line to Ritsuko was "I'm going to shoot you now."
-Nagisa Kaworu kills a kitten every time you masturbate.
-Kaji's first and last name was Kaji

schismatics
Potential Pilot
Potential Pilot

•      
  •      

Postby schismatics » Tue Dec 15, 2009 10:46 am

^ Lloyd I thought it was entertaining because it was sooo over the top. :D That hearing that Chinese girl go "XING KI, XING KI, XING KI!!" was a high point in R2.

Return to “Anime and Manga”