Sports

Yeah. You read right. This is for everything that doesn't have anything to do with Eva.

Moderators: Rebuild/OT Moderators, Board Staff

Hand of God
Tunniel
Tunniel

Sports

•      
  •      

Postby Hand of God » Fri Oct 14, 2005 1:57 pm

whgat type of sport or activity do you do frequently?, I do a mix of Karate and kickboxing
the world is just a sick and twisted place

Zuggy
Banned

•      
  •      

Postby Zuggy » Fri Oct 14, 2005 2:08 pm

I fell into a state of inertia after I discovered how useless recreational physical activity was. Its like punishing yourself for not being active enough from day-to-day.

However I would venture and say that acid and sex where the most physical things that I enjoy(ed in the case of sex lol). I'm now too skinny from both/other stuff to do shit.

Shnooks
Israfel
Israfel

•      
  •      

Postby Shnooks » Fri Oct 14, 2005 2:21 pm

sports? Whats that?

I do ballet only because I thought it would make me less clumsy. It never helped - now all I am is some clumsy person trying to dance like an idiot.

I tried Aikido for 6 monthes till they expected me to be there at this set time 7 days a week. I just stopped going.

Tried soccer for a day. Didn't work out.

I horse-back rode for a few years. I never really understood why i did it. It wasn't like I wanted to continue a future in riding, and I never really got anywhere.

So, my only "sport" I do really, and by sport I mean activity, is either lifting 50 lb bags of dogfood up and down stairs all day and doing ballet.

Mr. Tines
Administrator
Administrator

•      
  •      

Postby Mr. Tines » Fri Oct 14, 2005 2:23 pm

I don't do sport. As the youngest guy in class, during school days I was always picked last, and was useless anyway. In later life, I have seen enough of my colleagues going off to Casualty following lunchtime cricket or five-a-side to know that sport is bad for your health.

I do do entirely lazy cycling (10 miles each way to work on fair weather days March to October and getting off when it goes uphill; six miles each way into town Saturdays, the latter with a beer stop on the way back); then in the gym at the Y maybe twice a week for about 40min when not cycling.
Reminder: Play nicely <<>> My vanity publishing:- NGE|blog|Photos|retro-blog|Fanfics &c.|MAL|𝕏|🐸|🦣

Space Penis
Lilin
Lilin

•      
  •      

Postby Space Penis » Fri Oct 14, 2005 3:14 pm

I go to the gym semi-frequently, and I used to go to amatuer wrestling thingymebob until it sorta got cancelled cos the guy running it had a kid.

Fishing as well, but most people who don't go fishing don't class it as a sport.
Tell me, is something eluding you, sunshine?
Is this not what you expected to see?
If you wanna find out what's behind these cold eyes
You'll just have to claw your way through this disguise!

Digitalex
Gaghiel
Gaghiel

•      
  •      

Postby Digitalex » Fri Oct 14, 2005 3:38 pm

I play flag-football with friends in the Fall. I go skiing in the Winter. In the summer, I play softball, basketball, and go mountain biking. I also like to hit the gym and pump some iron.

I did the martial arts thing for a really short while back in college. I wish I stuck to it. It's a great exercise.
Alex D.

Hand of God
Tunniel
Tunniel

•      
  •      

Postby Hand of God » Fri Oct 14, 2005 3:45 pm

Digitalex wrote:I play flag-football with friends in the Fall. I go skiing in the Winter. In the summer, I play softball, basketball, and go mountain biking. I also like to hit the gym and pump some iron.

I did the martial arts thing for a really short while back in college. I wish I stuck to it. It's a great exercise.

it is a great exercise and its pretty fun cuz at my class my sensays are young and they put music

Shnooks
Israfel
Israfel

•      
  •      

Postby Shnooks » Fri Oct 14, 2005 3:50 pm

Hand of God wrote:
Digitalex wrote:I play flag-football with friends in the Fall. I go skiing in the Winter. In the summer, I play softball, basketball, and go mountain biking. I also like to hit the gym and pump some iron.

it is a great exercise and its pretty fun cuz at my class my sensays are young and they put music

We didn't get any music! We had some guy who EVERYONE thought was gay and after I left they fired him.

Then, our Sensei banged up his wife and had triplets and now they make all the hardcore aikido freaks do all the work for him.

Hand of God
Tunniel
Tunniel

•      
  •      

Postby Hand of God » Fri Oct 14, 2005 5:40 pm

Shnooks wrote:
Hand of God wrote:

We didn't get any music! We had some guy who EVERYONE thought was gay and after I left they fired him.

Then, our Sensei banged up his wife and had triplets and now they make all the hardcore aikido freaks do all the work for him.

:shock: wow! that sucks :wink:

MongolSquad
Matarael
Matarael

•      
  •      

Postby MongolSquad » Fri Oct 14, 2005 6:48 pm

Cross Country baby!

akda1ndaonly1
Adam

•      
  •      

Postby akda1ndaonly1 » Fri Oct 14, 2005 10:33 pm

MongolSquad wrote:Cross Country baby!

Woah... Woah... Are you serious?

I'm on my schools XC/Track Team. But I still am average. I think I'm going to stay average no matter what I do. But whatever...

Yeah, but besides running, I used to do a bit of soccer. Never worked out.
"-Deus ex machina. -What? -Our saviour."

- Donnie Darko

S.O.M
Embryo

•      
  •      

Postby S.O.M » Fri Oct 14, 2005 10:51 pm

Swimming
Soccer

some weight lifting but I haven't the time or the place to do so...
Snake....SNAKE.....SSSSNNNAKKKKEEEE!!

drinian
Admin Emeritus
Admin Emeritus

•      
  •      

Postby drinian » Fri Oct 14, 2005 11:05 pm

akda1ndaonly1 wrote:
MongolSquad wrote:Cross Country baby!

Woah... Woah... Are you serious?

I'm on my schools XC/Track Team. But I still am average. I think I'm going to stay average no matter what I do. But whatever...

I did XC and track when I was in high school (four years ago) after deciding that I didn't have the coordination or mind for more complicated sports.

I trained and got better every year, but still didn't make it off the JV. Running, though, is a lifelong activity. I always feel better when I'm on a regular training schedule -- more energy, better focus, and so on. So stick with it, even if you're not going to win any races.

Hunter21
Pilot
Pilot

•      
  •      

Postby Hunter21 » Sat Oct 15, 2005 6:55 am

I play soccer on a rec league in the summer and cross country ski in the winter (this explains why my knees are always fucked up). I was in Aikido for four years during college but quit when I graduated because I didn't have the time anymore (damn career) and the nearest classes were 30 miles away. Technically fishin is a sport but a lazy one. The hunting I do is much more labor intensive. Think of it as a five to fifteen mile hike with a 8 lbs stick thats loud or for the ducks all you have to do is wade through a slough once and you will know what I mean. Personally I think this is enough exercise and I should be allowed to relagate some serious sitting time to college and pro football but a pushy broad makes me run ten miles three times a week on a treadmill which I really wish was nothing more than a glorified clothes rack like everyone else's treadmill.
EVANGERIONANIME is stupid

Come Join the Sakaki Fan Club!

Remember you're on Evageeks, where preset personal delusions outweigh reality.

AchtungAffen
Banned

•      
  •      

Postby AchtungAffen » Thu Oct 20, 2005 12:45 pm

Archery, if that can be considered sport.

Digitalex
Gaghiel
Gaghiel

•      
  •      

Postby Digitalex » Thu Oct 20, 2005 1:53 pm

AchtungAffen wrote:Archery, if that can be considered sport.

Nice. I've been meaning to pick that hobby up. I've always been a fan of it. Do you also use Xbows as well or just stick with the traditional bow and arrow?
Alex D.

Ripple_in_Eternity
Adam

•      
  •      

Postby Ripple_in_Eternity » Mon Aug 14, 2006 12:50 am

[deleted by user]
Last edited by Ripple_in_Eternity on Sun Oct 23, 2022 6:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Faußtin
Ireul
Ireul

•      
  •      

Postby Faußtin » Mon Aug 14, 2006 9:05 am

:lol:
With my 162 cm-s and 43-45 kilos I don't think I could do anything. Not that I want to. All I do is to roll my eyes under their lid. :wink: :P
I would go for aikido, but you know how it is... you say "Okay, tomorrow I'll go" every day, then you find yourself in 2006 instead of 2005. :wink: :P
:twisted: !!!HELL IS FUN!!! :twisted:

Ripple_in_Eternity
Adam

•      
  •      

Postby Ripple_in_Eternity » Mon Aug 14, 2006 12:32 pm

[deleted by user]
Last edited by Ripple_in_Eternity on Sun Oct 23, 2022 6:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Bardiel
Embryo

•      
  •      

Postby Bardiel » Tue Aug 22, 2006 6:57 am

I ride my bike a lot, my personal distance record stands at 175km
and I practice traditional Japaneese martial arts.
The entryplug Throne of the soul

Return to “Completely and Utterly Off-Topic”