I got my Evangelion 1.01 DVD!

Discussion of the new series of Evangelion movies ( "Evangelion Shin Gekijōban", meaning "Evangelion: New Theatrical Edition").
The final installment is scheduled to debut in Japan on January 23, 2021.

Moderators: Rebuild/OT Moderators, Board Staff

schismatics
Lilin
Lilin
User avatar
Age: 31
Posts: 1861
Joined: May 11, 2009
Location: Killinois
Gender: Male

  •      
  •      
  • Quote

Postby schismatics » Wed Nov 11, 2009 4:40 pm

Joseph the PRPD wrote:
schismatics wrote:Just got my copy! ^_^


I envy you damn it! :nono: I want to see it in English already! :crybaby:


:nya:

Check a Best Buy. They got 'em in stock.

Joseph the PRPD
Elder God
Elder God
Age: 27
Posts: 6339
Joined: Dec 19, 2008
Location: League City, TX
Gender: Male

  •      
  •      
  • Quote

Postby Joseph the PRPD » Wed Nov 11, 2009 4:46 pm

I have neither the time or the money sadly. :raincloud:

EDIT: I just remembered that Christmas is coming! :yippee:
Cheese wheel in the U.S. Coast Guard.

DEMOLITION D+
Lilith
User avatar
Posts: 116
Joined: Jul 06, 2009
Location: buttholes

  •      
  •      
  • Quote

Postby DEMOLITION D+ » Wed Nov 11, 2009 6:32 pm

Sailor Star Dust wrote:Ugh it doesn't even have ANY of the Japanese trailers on it?

Lame. I'm definitely holding out for 1.11 then.


I'm getting them both because I'm a product whore
The Fate of Destruction, is Also the Joy of Rebirth

Kaji has cute melons.

Evangelion
Embryo
User avatar
Age: 30
Posts: 40
Joined: Oct 27, 2009
Location: Santa Ana, Ca
Gender: Male

  •      
  •      
  • Quote

Postby Evangelion » Wed Nov 11, 2009 7:30 pm

Xard wrote:guys, your wallpapers are bloody hilarious - where they originate from? :lol:


I'm not sure where my brother got them from, but here they are if you guys want them! :toothy:

http://i205.photobucket.com/albums/bb159/NERV_pwns/Asuka-1.jpg

http://i205.photobucket.com/albums/bb159/NERV_pwns/Rei.jpg

Yes, we reversed the images cause he's an Asuka whore and I love Rei. Make sure to thank the original artist if you ever find out who it is! :thumbsup:

Also, to those who picked up their copy: Have any of you guys tried ripping the DVD yet? I'm trying to rip it so I can put it on my iPhone but so far I'm not having any luck.
Last edited by Evangelion on Wed Nov 11, 2009 7:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.

The Eva Monkey
Administrator
Administrator
User avatar
Posts: 9076
Joined: Jun 14, 2004
Location: The Evanets.
Gender: Male
Contact:

  •      
  •      
  • Quote

Postby The Eva Monkey » Wed Nov 11, 2009 7:31 pm

I picked up a copy at my local urbanite/tourist death trap Best Buy here in Baltimore City. And if the small selection of anime they have there is any indication of the availability of this DVD, I imagine it can be found anywhere.
Webmaster, EvaMonkey.com; Co-founder, EvaGeeks.org; Moderator, r/evangelion.

Follow me on Social Media! [YouTube] [Twitter] [Facebook] [Tumblr] [Instagram] [Twitch]

Shogo-Kun
Ireul
Ireul
User avatar
Age: 29
Posts: 670
Joined: Oct 20, 2009
Gender: Male
Contact:

  •      
  •      
  • Quote

Postby Shogo-Kun » Thu Nov 12, 2009 5:25 pm

I'll get my copy the day it's released. Sucks that it may not be up to par with the Japanese version, but at least I'll see it! boingy

Reasons for no Special Features

1) Rights are too expensive in this economy
2) They got the rights from NTV, not Star Child.
3) Saving them for 1.11
NGE was a damned good anime
EoE was an anime masterpiece
And Rebuild is nothing short of epic
Long live the EVAs!!

AVATAR Oreo Nakamura, Light and Dark

Shwiggie
Lilith
User avatar
Posts: 101
Joined: Feb 10, 2005

  •      
  •      
  • Quote

Postby Shwiggie » Thu Nov 12, 2009 7:44 pm

I won't be buying this one and probably won't get the 1.11 version that's sure to come soon. I'm reasonably sure that we'll see yet another version of each released before its all said and done. It's as crazy as the previous movie releases...and, over time, it'll probably prove to be even more confusing.

MugwumpHasNoLiver
Erotic Humiliation
Erotic Humiliation
User avatar
Age: 30
Posts: 3139
Joined: Jan 17, 2009
Location: Chicago, IL
Gender: Male

  •      
  •      
  • Quote

Postby MugwumpHasNoLiver » Thu Nov 12, 2009 9:07 pm

Someone post shots of the reversed cover, I want to see! Although I'll probably be skipping this one, because I'm planning on getting one of those discount PS3s around Christmas time which won't give me any reason to NOT get the Blue-Ray one.
"Now, from Nature we obtain abundant information about ourselves, and precious little about others. About the woman you clasp in your arms, can you say with certainty that she does not feign pleasure? About the woman you mistreat, are you quite sure that from abuse she does not derive some obscure and lascivious satisfaction? Let us confine ourselves to simple evidence: through thoughtfulness, gentleness, concern for the feelings of others we saddle our own pleasure with restrictions, and make this sacrifice to obtain a doubtful result." -The Divine Marquis

"I agree Hans, but we have talked about those anal fisting analogies." -Werner Herzog

MatrixRefugee
Ramiel
Ramiel
User avatar
Posts: 331
Joined: Nov 30, 2008
Contact:

  •      
  •      
  • Quote

Postby MatrixRefugee » Thu Nov 12, 2009 11:30 pm

Got my copy today, as I was going to an anime shop in Cambridge to see what they had for (don't laugh) Hello Kitty tchotchkes for a gift bag I'm putting together for my Hello Kitty-obsessed Mom's birthday later this month. This was my reward to myself for getting more than halfway through my NaNoWriMo project before the 15th of the month, which is the best progress I've ever made on a NaNo project.
My Anime List profile || DarkScribes page

Avatar: At least the wintry gent is smiling a bit, instead of facepalming...

Amalgam
Embryo
Posts: 3
Joined: Jul 27, 2009

  •      
  •      
  • Quote

Postby Amalgam » Fri Nov 13, 2009 3:28 pm

It's not at my Best Buy...

...ah well. Right Stuf has it at a lower price anyway. I can be patient.

Hatsumi92
Shamshel
Shamshel
User avatar
Posts: 299
Joined: Nov 13, 2009
Gender: Female

  •      
  •      
  • Quote

Postby Hatsumi92 » Fri Nov 13, 2009 3:36 pm

i live in the UK and got it on.. Monday i believe.

yay for import sites.

Axell
Lilin
Lilin
User avatar
Age: 30
Posts: 1618
Joined: Jul 30, 2008
Location: What are you a stalker?
Gender: Male

  •      
  •      
  • Quote

Postby Axell » Fri Nov 13, 2009 4:55 pm

I'm boycotting this stupid piece of crap, 1.11 or nothing. I think I remember when blue ray came out someone said, 1.01 no longer exists, and i agreed.

Cypher
Adam
User avatar
Posts: 82
Joined: Jun 15, 2009
Location: Australia

  •      
  •      
  • Quote

Postby Cypher » Fri Nov 13, 2009 6:31 pm

Sadly, since I live in Australia, I have to wait till December 2nd before I can get my hands on 1.01.

Fazmotron
Admin Emeritus :-{|
Admin Emeritus :-{|
User avatar
Age: 30
Posts: 1991
Joined: Nov 27, 2007
Location: Right here, always.
Gender: Male
Contact:

  •      
  •      
  • Quote

Postby Fazmotron » Fri Nov 13, 2009 10:38 pm

Just buy the subbed release!
Then you can watch that until the 1.11 Blu-rei release.
[Became a moderator on August 14th, 2011. Became an administrator on September 7th, 2013.]
--Fazmotron--
A.K.A. - Ryan Farrell
Avatar:
How Chaz sees me.
BobBQ - I find your lack of :-{| disturbing.

FAZMOTRON.com

Eva 04
Sandalphon
Sandalphon
User avatar
Posts: 524
Joined: Jun 13, 2009

  •      
  •      
  • Quote

Postby Eva 04 » Fri Nov 13, 2009 10:47 pm

Axell wrote:I'm boycotting this stupid piece of crap, 1.11 or nothing. I think I remember when blue ray came out someone said, 1.01 no longer exists, and i agreed.


Why is this a piece of crap?Just because it doesnt have any extras or the lighting is dark?Really.Quit making a big fuss over it.I'm getting it because I'm an Eva fan and have been dying to see this dubbed.

NAveryW
Insect Politician
Insect Politician
User avatar
Age: 30
Posts: 5063
Joined: Dec 21, 2006

  •      
  •      
  • Quote

Postby NAveryW » Fri Nov 13, 2009 11:20 pm

Eva 04 wrote:Why is this a piece of crap?Just because it doesnt have any extras or the lighting is dark?
The transfer is (comparatively) crap.
"Today?... hmm... today... right... Um... I'm just gonna wing it." -Guess who

GasmaskAvenger
Re-Gyption Strut
Re-Gyption Strut
User avatar
Age: 31
Posts: 3691
Joined: Sep 23, 2009
Location: Fresno, California, USA
Gender: Male

  •      
  •      
  • Quote

Postby GasmaskAvenger » Fri Nov 13, 2009 11:47 pm

that's why I just want to rent this one

1.11 is the only one I want to buy
Satsuki Kiryuin wants you to turn that frown upside down...
My AU Evangelion Fanfic | My Street Fighter fanfic
XBOX Live: GasmaskAvenger | PSN: GasmaskAvenger
Official "Grindhouse of Evangelion" Discussion, Updates and Cast Sign Up Thread.

Cypher
Adam
User avatar
Posts: 82
Joined: Jun 15, 2009
Location: Australia

  •      
  •      
  • Quote

Postby Cypher » Sat Nov 14, 2009 1:09 am

Fazmotron wrote:Just buy the subbed release!
Then you can watch that until the 1.11 Blu-rei release.


I already own it lol. Besides i don't have a blu-ray player nor do i have any intention of buying one for now.

MugwumpHasNoLiver
Erotic Humiliation
Erotic Humiliation
User avatar
Age: 30
Posts: 3139
Joined: Jan 17, 2009
Location: Chicago, IL
Gender: Male

  •      
  •      
  • Quote

Postby MugwumpHasNoLiver » Sat Nov 14, 2009 1:47 am

I've never even seen 1.11 and I don't care about the darkness 'problem'. I like the darker look, but I was willing to sacrifice it for some added scenes, as nebulous as they may be. I should cry until I get a darker version of 1.11; I'll call it 1.11.1 and it will be AWESOME.
"Now, from Nature we obtain abundant information about ourselves, and precious little about others. About the woman you clasp in your arms, can you say with certainty that she does not feign pleasure? About the woman you mistreat, are you quite sure that from abuse she does not derive some obscure and lascivious satisfaction? Let us confine ourselves to simple evidence: through thoughtfulness, gentleness, concern for the feelings of others we saddle our own pleasure with restrictions, and make this sacrifice to obtain a doubtful result." -The Divine Marquis

"I agree Hans, but we have talked about those anal fisting analogies." -Werner Herzog

Axell
Lilin
Lilin
User avatar
Age: 30
Posts: 1618
Joined: Jul 30, 2008
Location: What are you a stalker?
Gender: Male

  •      
  •      
  • Quote

Postby Axell » Sat Nov 14, 2009 3:05 am

Eva 04 wrote:Why is this a piece of crap?Just because it doesnt have any extras or the lighting is dark?Really.Quit making a big fuss over it.I'm getting it because I'm an Eva fan and have been dying to see this dubbed.


I don't judge a movie on its extras. Its a piece of crap because they're selling us a defective version of a really good movie, that way they can sell it to us again fixed.

MugwumpHasNoLiver wrote:I've never even seen 1.11 and I don't care about the darkness 'problem'.

Watch 1.11 and see how much detail is missing then say that again. There were shots that I thought were completely new in 1.11 that turned out to be shots my mind just ignored in 1.01 because they were just brown and fuzzy. And I had watched 1.01 at least 5 times by then, I thought it was the coolest looking thing ever till 1.11 showed me what it was supposed to be.


Return to “Rebuild of Evangelion Discussion”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests