[LAEM] When? Where? If?

The place for all of the old Live Action Evangelion Movie threads.

Moderator: Board Staff

Olin of Xephon
Ramiel
Ramiel

When? Where? If?

Postby Olin of Xephon » Mon Sep 26, 2005 9:21 am

Is this thing still happening? The last I heard Weta put the project on hold untill they are done with the Narnia chronicles. That's six long movie to go!

Then again, the internet is the birth place of lies so I ask you guys for some solid information.

Anybody know if it's reached a actual production stage?
Anybody know if it's going to happen at all?
I asked "And where would you take me?"
At this the beast laughed, tears made of my mother's blood leaked from his eyes.
"I will take you to every place you never wanted to be, and you will hate it."
"Then I will take you to every place you've already been, and you will hate that also."
"Last I will take you to the places you have always dreamed of, and that you'll hate worst of all."

ObsessiveMathsFreak
Admin Emeritus
Admin Emeritus

Postby ObsessiveMathsFreak » Mon Sep 26, 2005 10:35 am

I give thanks for every day that passes in which the film is not being made.

It's all mostly talk and hot air in my opinion. The premise for the films creation is simple. Evangelion is popular. Popular movies make money. Ergo to make money, make a movie of Evangelion. The film will, like so many other hollywoodisations before it, be given to a director who wishes to make his "own" oversion of Evangelion, further obscuring the muddy waters of eva analysis.

Personally, I see no reson whatsoever why Evangelion should be made into a movie. No reason at all. It doesn't make sense.
[Became an administrator on or before October 4th, 2007.]
May The Maths Be With You.

The Eva Monkey
IT'S OVER 9000!!!
IT'S OVER 9000!!!

Postby The Eva Monkey » Mon Sep 26, 2005 10:40 am

ADV started this project when they foolishly believed that their buisness would continue to grow at a constant rate.

I got two words for you ADV. Bottle neck.

We currently have an overproduction of anime goods, the industry is bubbling, downsizing, and so forth. ADV will do nothing to see this project to completion. The only way is if someone comes along who actually wants to do it, and I don't expect many to want to tackle such an ambitious and perilous project. The result would be no different than Final Fantasy: The Spirits Within, a project that doesn't reap anything near what it cost to produce.

Olin of Xephon
Ramiel
Ramiel

Postby Olin of Xephon » Mon Sep 26, 2005 1:09 pm

Well I guess that means any upstart movie makers who just happen to be huge Evangelion fans still have something to aspire to.

*Sigh* I ways actually looking forward too it.

And Evamonkey has a good point, I assumed ADV had signed a contract and would be splitting funds with a larger company. There is no way ADV could handle that project on their own!
I asked "And where would you take me?"
At this the beast laughed, tears made of my mother's blood leaked from his eyes.
"I will take you to every place you never wanted to be, and you will hate it."
"Then I will take you to every place you've already been, and you will hate that also."
"Last I will take you to the places you have always dreamed of, and that you'll hate worst of all."

Hexon.Arq
Pilot
Pilot

Postby Hexon.Arq » Mon Sep 26, 2005 6:06 pm

ObsessiveMathsFreak wrote:The film will, like so many other hollywoodisations before it, be given to a director who wishes to make his "own" oversion of Evangelion, further obscuring the muddy waters of eva analysis.

I never worry about directorial interpretation. It's more about the roomful of executives concerned about appealing to Demographic X or Age Bracket Q.

_you can't do anything, so don't even try
_get some help
_don't do what sonic does

Winslow Leach
Adam

Postby Winslow Leach » Thu Sep 29, 2005 9:36 pm

I think a live action Eva film has SOME potential to be a hit. The Matrix was anime style and those films all did well at the box office. Kill Bill, which was a tribute to hundreds of grindhouse films that 99.9% of people have never heard of, did okay at the box office as well. The film will actually probably do better internationally than domestically, I'll bet you, especially in Japan where Eva is about as popular as The X Files is here.

That is, if the film is ever even made, which is starting to seem more and more doubtful.

Return to “Live Action Evangelion Movie”