Gotten sick?

This is the place to start: Feel free to introduce yourself, have general conversations and casual discussions about all things Evangelion, including chit-chatty topics like "Sachiel is adorable" or "Which Eva kicks the most ass?"

Moderator: Board Staff

Reichu
Admin Emeritus
Admin Emeritus

•      
  •      

Postby Reichu » Wed Sep 14, 2005 9:13 am

ChronoX wrote:It does get boring after a while, doesn't it. Even the fanfiction some times does, a lot of good fanfic writers either have or have stopped writting fanfiction for eva.

And then there are those of us who started writing a fanfiction (although I prefer the term "derivative epic") for NGE in 2001 and still aren't done. :points to self:
さらば、全てのEvaGeeks。
「滅びの運命は新生の喜びでもある」
Departure Message | The Arqa Apocrypha: An Evangelion Analysis Blog

TheBlueTree
Gaghiel
Gaghiel

•      
  •      

Postby TheBlueTree » Wed Sep 14, 2005 9:34 pm

Well I just have to repeat myself lol "tripple digits". I have definatly watched EoE more then 100 times. I wish I installed a rollover clock thing on my TV to countdown :lol: funny thing is I have a job and still have time to over watch my eva.
Mr. Bud
"Suits? You've got to be kidding me.
Mighty Morphin' Ev-an-gel-i-ooooonnnn!"

Seele 08
"Is it a sign that you might be an otaku when your betta fish are all named after anime characters? One betta is named....Gendo. No wonder my mom and freinds think I'm a nut case."

Hexon.Arq
Pilot
Pilot

•      
  •      

Postby Hexon.Arq » Thu Sep 15, 2005 1:27 am

Reichu wrote:
ChronoX wrote:It does get boring after a while, doesn't it. Even the fanfiction some times does, a lot of good fanfic writers either have or have stopped writting fanfiction for eva.

And then there are those of us who started writing a fanfiction (although I prefer the term "derivative epic") for NGE in 2001 and still aren't done. :points to self:

...Not to mention those of us who have no intention of finishing. :points to Mobius:

Although...

_you can't do anything, so don't even try
_get some help
_don't do what sonic does

Reichu
Admin Emeritus
Admin Emeritus

•      
  •      

Postby Reichu » Thu Sep 15, 2005 3:35 am

TheBlueTree wrote:Well I just have to repeat myself lol "tripple digits". I have definatly watched EoE more then 100 times.

If that is true, you definitely have less of a life than me. That's a hard one to pull.
さらば、全てのEvaGeeks。
「滅びの運命は新生の喜びでもある」
Departure Message | The Arqa Apocrypha: An Evangelion Analysis Blog

Olin of Xephon
Ramiel
Ramiel

•      
  •      

Postby Olin of Xephon » Tue Sep 20, 2005 11:52 am

Triple digits!? Gosh, I'd abhor a film that I was forced to watch that often.

After my initial exposure to Evangelion, that is, the whole series over the period of a year, I watched it seven times and the movies each a dozen times, I've settled down and stuck to watching the series every five months or so, with the movies at the end of the series.

That way it still feels fresh and interesting, not forced upon me and tiresome, homework should feel firced upon me and tiresome, not Evangelion!

I find the mind is a rich place to keep a movie fresh, you don't need to watch a movie you love three times a week, just maybe four times a year, that keeps it fresh and interesting.
Last edited by Olin of Xephon on Mon Sep 26, 2005 1:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I asked "And where would you take me?"
At this the beast laughed, tears made of my mother's blood leaked from his eyes.
"I will take you to every place you never wanted to be, and you will hate it."
"Then I will take you to every place you've already been, and you will hate that also."
"Last I will take you to the places you have always dreamed of, and that you'll hate worst of all."

TheBlueTree
Gaghiel
Gaghiel

•      
  •      

Postby TheBlueTree » Mon Sep 26, 2005 10:12 am

I watched it ever week for about 2 years now, though ive stoped doing that I'm slowly getting back into it. =D
Mr. Bud
"Suits? You've got to be kidding me.
Mighty Morphin' Ev-an-gel-i-ooooonnnn!"

Seele 08
"Is it a sign that you might be an otaku when your betta fish are all named after anime characters? One betta is named....Gendo. No wonder my mom and freinds think I'm a nut case."

Return to “Evangelion General and Chit-Chat”