Who killed Kaji?

For serious and at times in-depth discussions only, covering the original TV series, the movies End of Evangelion and Death & Rebirth.

Moderator: Board Staff

Forum rules
By visiting this forum, you agree to read the rules for discussion and abide by them.
the_seventh_child
radio gaga
radio gaga

Who killed Kaji?

Postby the_seventh_child » Wed Jul 14, 2004 11:46 am

i always wondering who did kill Kaji?i believe its Misato who did this but i am not sure.what do you think?

DatDude
Test Subject
Test Subject

Postby DatDude » Wed Jul 14, 2004 11:59 am

I do not thinkit was her, just one of his random connections that killed him off when he becak to troublesome by learning to much.
There was an EVA Nerd here, but now he's gone.

Phaze
Sandalphon
Sandalphon

Postby Phaze » Wed Jul 14, 2004 1:29 pm

Misato has no reason to kill Kaji, and Anno has officially stated that it was "A third party either working for SEELE or NERV's intelligence division."
The purpose of writing is to inflate weak ideas, obscure poor reasoning, and inhibit clarity. With a little practice, writing can be an intimidating and impenetrable fog!

Nephilim
Shamshel
Shamshel

Postby Nephilim » Wed Jul 14, 2004 3:06 pm

Yeah, anno has stated that.
But people get confused for the line thet Kaji says:
"Hi! You're late"

It seems that he's talking to someone familiar, but he said that just because he already knew his fate, and he took it with a sarcastic touch.
*insert cool signature here*

the_seventh_child
radio gaga
radio gaga

Postby the_seventh_child » Wed Jul 14, 2004 4:01 pm

yeah this line "hi you're late" is really confusing.the first time i saw this episode i told myself "why did Misato kill Kaji?i mean she loves him"but you're right Kaji is really a special person and keeps his humour even in the moment of his death.

EVA-01X
Sandalphon
Sandalphon

Postby EVA-01X » Wed Jul 14, 2004 5:15 pm

I still think it was Pen-Pen
<_<
>_>

What?

Actullly If your going to put a face to his killer I think it was his contact, that lady with the dog in the "Magma Diver" episode and she later appeared when Kaji was investigating the Marduk Agency as well. That would explain they're closeness and stuff.
The demon returns after a long slumber....
http://www.evamade.org/user.php?id.161
New Signature Image Policy
^Clicky for Evamade!

Crazyman42
Lilith

Postby Crazyman42 » Wed Jul 14, 2004 7:28 pm

Misato didn't kill Kaji? Wow, I always thought she did. I guess it must have been a third party worker.

TheMessiah
Shamshel
Shamshel

Postby TheMessiah » Wed Jul 14, 2004 7:53 pm

in my eyes theres nothing that points towards Misato killing Kaji, never have been, never will be short of the words of Anno himself
monstrum in fronte, monstrum in animo

sadsadshinji
Nerv Scientist
Nerv Scientist

Postby sadsadshinji » Thu Jul 15, 2004 1:45 pm

always thought it was someone from seele...Kaji knew about gendo's plans yet didnt do anything...in fact..he furthered them...(bringing adam) seele probably got angry and decided him to be useless...

aranami
Adam

Postby aranami » Fri Jul 16, 2004 10:28 am

In the Manga version Misato is still in containment when Kaji is killed

Abaddon
Embryo

Postby Abaddon » Fri Jul 16, 2004 11:37 am

Personal, I believe it was someone from Seele that drove home the fatal shots. According to Anno, it was a third parity figure who killed him. Maybe 2015 holds some clues.
Farwell happy fields, where joy forever dwells. Hail, Herrors, Hail abominations, and thy most profoundest hell, welcome your new ruler. One who's made is not changed by place or time. For the mind is it's own place, and can make a hell of heaven a heaven of hell. What matter where if I am eternally the same. Thus, for me, it is better to rule in hell then serve in heaven.

Crazyman42
Lilith

Postby Crazyman42 » Fri Jul 16, 2004 7:27 pm

I always thought it was Misato. It just seemed logical, I mean look at her, she kinda hates him and loves him at the same time, it would seem logical. Though, now that I think about it, it probably was a third party member.

max3000
Matarael
Matarael

Postby max3000 » Fri Jul 16, 2004 8:04 pm

It was I!!!

And i think Gendo killed him ...too.
http://max3000.deviantart.com

EVA-01X
Sandalphon
Sandalphon

Postby EVA-01X » Fri Jul 16, 2004 8:11 pm

Abaddon wrote:Personal, I believe it was someone from Seele that drove home the fatal shots. According to Anno, it was a third parity figure who killed him. Maybe 2015 holds some clues.
Which is why I plan on winning it :twisted:
The demon returns after a long slumber....
http://www.evamade.org/user.php?id.161
New Signature Image Policy
^Clicky for Evamade!

secondson
Embryo

Postby secondson » Fri Jul 16, 2004 8:28 pm

Please. We all know it was Tinkie-Winkie from Teletubbies. C'mon, it's so obvious.

Honestly, I don't know who killed Kaji. I just remember being very upset that he was killed, and didn't put too much thought into it past that - just one more favourite anime character down :?

I side with the third party theory.
All right, when I say your name, you say here. And we will assume here is short for Here I am, rock you like a hurricane.

Esion
Sachiel
Sachiel

Postby Esion » Fri Jul 16, 2004 8:39 pm

Perhaps he has a personality disorder and he killed himself. :wink:
Yea and God said to Abraham, "You will kill your son Issac." And Abraham said, "I can't hear you, you'll have to speak into the microphone." And God said, "Oh I'm sorry, Is this better? Check, check, check... Jerry, pull the high end out, I'm still getting some hiss back here."

Abaddon
Embryo

Postby Abaddon » Sat Jul 17, 2004 1:04 am

EVA-01X wrote:
Abaddon wrote:Personal, I believe it was someone from Seele that drove home the fatal shots. According to Anno, it was a third parity figure who killed him. Maybe 2015 holds some clues.
Which is why I plan on winning it :twisted:

hold your horses there pilgrim (said in a Clint Eastwood accent)
I am Abaddon, The Angelic King of the Bottomless Pit. If you call down the thunder your going to reap the whirlwind. If a contest is held, I will call upon all my resources to win.
Farwell happy fields, where joy forever dwells. Hail, Herrors, Hail abominations, and thy most profoundest hell, welcome your new ruler. One who's made is not changed by place or time. For the mind is it's own place, and can make a hell of heaven a heaven of hell. What matter where if I am eternally the same. Thus, for me, it is better to rule in hell then serve in heaven.

Somnius Kenate
Adam

Postby Somnius Kenate » Sat Jul 17, 2004 1:32 am

Anno specifically stated it was a third-party person working for NERV's Intelligence Agency. Misato is not even a part of that divison. I think it is safe to say it was not her.

Hexon.Arq
Pilot
Pilot

Postby Hexon.Arq » Sat Jul 17, 2004 2:55 pm

Actually, the sound you heard was not a gunshot. What happened was that a friend showed up with a motorcycle, and he and Kaji hopped on and rode to the airport to leave for Vegas. The sound was a backfire.
Last edited by Hexon.Arq on Mon Jul 19, 2004 7:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.

_you can't do anything, so don't even try
_get some help
_don't do what sonic does

coff
Gaghiel
Gaghiel

Postby coff » Sun Jul 18, 2004 1:00 am

Of course! It's so clear now!

Return to “Evangelion TV Series + EoE Discussion”