Shiro Sagisu's "EVANGELION WIND ORCHESTRA"

For talking about all other entries in the Evangelion franchise: from the various manga and video games to merchandising and various video/audio releases.

Moderator: Board Staff

Forum rules
By visiting this forum, you agree to read the rules for discussion and abide by them.
Ornette
Administrator
Administrator

Shiro Sagisu's "EVANGELION WIND ORCHESTRA"

•      
  •      

Postby Ornette » Mon Sep 28, 2009 2:29 pm

I know this is old news, figured I'd make a post about it anyways because I saw it was on the evastore.

http://www.evageeks.org/2009/09/shiro-sagisu-evangelion-wind-symphony/

Looks like a bunch of eva music being performed by verious orchestras. Sagisu put together 2 of them and the other is the Kosei Wind Orchestra. This might be interesting, the 2nd CD's are CD-ROMs which looks like the scores in PDF format.

Sailor Star Dust
Kept you waiting, huh?
Kept you waiting, huh?

•      
  •      

Postby Sailor Star Dust » Tue Sep 29, 2009 1:05 am

So I guess this is a 2-CD release like Symphony? Or a regular/speical edition release deal.

I wonder if this will have Rebuild songs and series songs (S2 Works even)? I didn't see a tracklisting up yet. I might be interested in this CD, depending what's on it.
~Take care of yourself, I need you~

MatrixRefugee
Ramiel
Ramiel

•      
  •      

Postby MatrixRefugee » Tue Sep 29, 2009 1:21 am

Hee, I'm always open to new versions of the soundtrack, and it sounds like this will have a more classical feel to it than some of the others (though nothing can compare with S2 works for including every piece of music in the series, or Symphony for bringing all the classical pieces together)
My Anime List profile || DarkScribes page

Avatar: At least the wintry gent is smiling a bit, instead of facepalming...

thedarkorb
Tunniel
Tunniel

•      
  •      

Postby thedarkorb » Thu Oct 01, 2009 5:01 pm

WOW another Eva CD release... no surprise here. Either Shiro Sagisu is a workaholic or these music releases sell!

I'm interested in what exactly are on these. What's the difference between version #1 & #2?

Ornette
Administrator
Administrator

•      
  •      

Postby Ornette » Thu Oct 01, 2009 5:57 pm

thedarkorb wrote:WOW another Eva CD release... no surprise here. Either Shiro Sagisu is a workaholic or these music releases sell!

I'm interested in what exactly are on these. What's the difference between version #1 & #2?

I assume it's different music, but without a track listing, who knows. Each version has 1 audio CD and 1 CD-ROM.

AchtungAffen
Banned

•      
  •      

Postby AchtungAffen » Thu Oct 01, 2009 6:10 pm

While the content is listed as tentative on Evastore there'll be:

5 new wind orchestra songs
1 new by Murata Youichi
2 new by Sagisu Shirou
2 remasters of (old, I believe) Eva songs
2 other songs

Also, the CD-ROM will contain sheet music for all tracks. I believe all songs except the "2 other" will be Eva related. But there seems to be a difference between old and new Eva songs. Also, leading voice performance by Takahashi Youko.
"Oh, Constantine! To how many evils origin was given, not by your conversion to Christianity, but by the dowry which from you received the first Pope that was rich!" - Dante
How can you expect to live in a Republic when you don't care about the res-publica?
"The gun, in all its forms, was the epochal tool of white male supremacy, which is why it continues to have irrational appeal. As much as the jack-booted hate Jews and blacks, that much they love their guns." - James Carrol
My List @ AniDB

- Original activist against the lockers-that-be -

Sailor Star Dust
Kept you waiting, huh?
Kept you waiting, huh?

•      
  •      

Postby Sailor Star Dust » Thu Oct 01, 2009 6:24 pm

Ooh. Thanks for the headsup. ^_^

I'm hoping the differences between both CDs will be posted soon, but what first came to my mind is maybe it's meant to be 2 seperate volumes like the Symphony CDs. Guess we'd find out soon enough.
~Take care of yourself, I need you~

AchtungAffen
Banned

•      
  •      

Postby AchtungAffen » Fri Oct 02, 2009 11:10 am

One will be an audio CD and the other a CD-ROM. For what I could understand, CD-ROM would have no music, just the "extras".
"Oh, Constantine! To how many evils origin was given, not by your conversion to Christianity, but by the dowry which from you received the first Pope that was rich!" - Dante
How can you expect to live in a Republic when you don't care about the res-publica?
"The gun, in all its forms, was the epochal tool of white male supremacy, which is why it continues to have irrational appeal. As much as the jack-booted hate Jews and blacks, that much they love their guns." - James Carrol
My List @ AniDB

- Original activist against the lockers-that-be -

Return to “Everything Else Evangelion”