Is there a release date for Evangelion 3.0?

Discussion of the new series of Evangelion movies ( "Evangelion Shin Gekijōban", meaning "Evangelion: New Theatrical Edition"). The final instalment made its debut in Japan on March 8, 2021.

Moderators: Rebuild/OT Moderators, Board Staff

Forum rules
By visiting this forum, you agree to read the rules for discussion.
TMBounty_Hunter
Hachigouki is my waifu
Hachigouki is my waifu

Postby TMBounty_Hunter » Tue Sep 29, 2009 7:19 pm

Sailor Star Dust wrote:AA said he was double-checking that thread and didn't find anything incorrect.

There's one problem. No matter how hard anyone tries they'll never find anything "incorrect" right now. In this case it's more like AA didn't find anything suspicions to indicate any mistrust of the "source".

For it to be "incorrect" there would have a comparison to the ORIGINAL cited source in that thread, meaning to the actual August Newtype. Right now we have a reprint of the original source, and it does point to tokyo3cn as being actually "incorrect" and not just "suspicious" but unfortunately that's not the whole story (or potentially the whole article in this case, har har) and the August Newtype is still needed for proper confirmation.

Sailor Star Dust wrote:I'm not sure what your problem is.

My problem is the apperent lack of caring for the validity of information. Misinformation is one of the worst things about the internet and so far I've thought that the evageeks have the intentions of keeping it to a minimum when it comes to their favorite show. With the nice mediawiki full of good info and articles dedicated to killing some of the bad info that's been spread around by fruits like Matt & co. at ADV as well as others.

If true then this is indeed quite significant news. If not, you've been trolled and are helping the troll along. I didn't expect any kind of journalistic standard from a fan website, and as NAveryW pointed out that's not really much of a standard these days, but I did expect some common sense. It very much is common sense to check the information before passing it on, especially when it is as easy as grabbing one magazine. Didn't you wonder why no other anime news sites picked this up? Could it possibly be because they went for the actual magazine and didn't find the supposed exerpt there? Now there's one or two places citing tokyo3cn, and a few more citing evageeks, and that includes the wikipedia fruitcakes.

As unlikely as a 2010 release is, such "news" gets people excited and where there is excitement there is expectation, behind which lurks disappointment. Sure by the time 2010 rolls around and even ends many might forget this "news" and we'll probably have something better to go on, but there will still be disappointment amongst some. Maybe not monumental, suicide inducing disappointment, but it's still unfair to get people's hopes up due to being too lazy to check things properly.

Ornette wrote:Note that there's multiple front page posts I've made that were based purely on rumors, and some even from just what some-guy's-friend's-friend-who-sounds-like-they-know-what-they're-talking-about said (like the premiere date of Eva 2.0). I usually put a disclaimer of some kind in them.

Yes, but unfortunately this particular post is lacking such a disclaimer and presents itself as fully trusting tokyo3cn without a good reason.
"Hooray for other things!" -NAveryW

Lucretius
Eva Technician
Eva Technician

Postby Lucretius » Tue Sep 29, 2009 7:37 pm

:rei_meh:

He shuddered a bit, remembering the somewhat creepy level of detail Kaji had gone into, while rubbing a watermelon in a disturbingly sexual way.

Life is a continuous nut-kicking contest where your turn comes last if ever. -majlund

Proud supporter of Shinji x Sachiel

Joseph the PRPD
Elder God
Elder God

Postby Joseph the PRPD » Tue Sep 29, 2009 7:49 pm

It's a conspiracy!
Cheese wheel in the U.S. Coast Guard.

TMBounty_Hunter
Hachigouki is my waifu
Hachigouki is my waifu

Postby TMBounty_Hunter » Tue Sep 29, 2009 7:59 pm

Joseph the PRPD wrote:
It's a conspiracy!

AND I HAVE PROOF!

Fazmotron actually scanned the august article (along with the July one), which is the same exact thing that got reprinted, back in July and noone made any fuss about this non-existing news.

http://forum.evageeks.org/viewtopic.php?p=262368#262368

Ornette
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Ornette » Tue Sep 29, 2009 8:56 pm

Well, looking at the original Tokyo3cn thread, the OP says something like "unverified".

Searching the interwebs for some of the text in the Japanese transcript, I get hits like this:
http://forums.animesuki.com/showthread.php?p=2660254 (has the cover of the "NewType Complete" which the transcript supposedly comes from)

And a bunch of chinese and Japanese message boards where that transcript was posted. Most of those places won't let me download the attachments because I don't have an account, but I don't even know if those are scans. A lot of people don't seem to believe it to be true for various reasons.

NAveryW
Insect Politician
Insect Politician

Postby NAveryW » Tue Sep 29, 2009 10:06 pm

TMBounty_Hunter wrote:
Sailor Star Dust wrote:AA said he was double-checking that thread and didn't find anything incorrect.

There's one problem. No matter how hard anyone tries they'll never find anything "incorrect" right now. In this case it's more like AA didn't find anything suspicions to indicate any mistrust of the "source".
Adam's seiyuu friend seems to confirm the sentiments expressed in the OP. Until/Unless I see evidence to the contrary, that's good enough for me for now.
"Today?... hmm... today... right... Um... I'm just gonna wing it." -Guess who

TMBounty_Hunter
Hachigouki is my waifu
Hachigouki is my waifu

Postby TMBounty_Hunter » Tue Sep 29, 2009 10:14 pm

Ornette wrote:Well, looking at the original Tokyo3cn thread, the OP says something like "unverified".

nice to know. thanks.

Ornette wrote:Searching the interwebs for some of the text in the Japanese transcript, I get hits like this:
http://forums.animesuki.com/showthread.php?p=2660254 (has the cover of the "NewType Complete" which the transcript supposedly comes from)

That person is silly. That "NewType Complete" is where today's scans are from. It came with the October Newtype mag which came out on the 10th of September, quite a bit after the original tokyo3cn post. I've looked through the whole thing at least 5 times today and that "excerpt" is simply not in there.

Also went through the actual October Newtype, and there's actually no Eva articles in there this month, at all. They're probably holding it in until in a month or two the DVD/BD announcement splurges all over the place. Only a small mention in the back at the fanart pages but that's a completely different thing.

Ornette wrote:And a bunch of chinese and Japanese message boards where that transcript was posted. Most of those places won't let me download the attachments because I don't have an account, but I don't even know if those are scans.

Well, you can try this. I've looked through it and again nothing there. Gonna grab a few earlier ones to check when I'm done a few other things.

Ornette wrote:A lot of people don't seem to believe it to be true for various reasons.

There's hope for the world yet.

Sailor Star Dust
Kept you waiting, huh?
Kept you waiting, huh?

Postby Sailor Star Dust » Tue Sep 29, 2009 10:16 pm

What NAW-kun said. Besides, if the release-date IS wrong, we'll find out soon enough anyway, I'd think...

Plus the front page has things updated/corrected a lot of the time. It's really no big deal in that sense.
~Take care of yourself, I need you~

CtHuLhU
Sachiel
Sachiel

Postby CtHuLhU » Tue Sep 29, 2009 10:22 pm

Today one of my friends told me, that one of her friends - who actually is a voice actor for one of the operators at the Nerv HQ - said that most of Eva 3.0 is already finished, except for the dubbing (and other small stuff). Which means, that the release in next year's summer is not that unlikeable.

Eh lol. Earler we took some Eva2.0 insider info from russian seyu for the background computer voice at the NERV-Russia.
あやなみ ☆ すきだよ

NAveryW
Insect Politician
Insect Politician

Postby NAveryW » Tue Sep 29, 2009 11:07 pm

CtHuLhU wrote:russian seyu
I don't think that's what they're called there.

I don't remember anything about Nerv Russia... Well, except this...
"Today?... hmm... today... right... Um... I'm just gonna wing it." -Guess who

CtHuLhU
Sachiel
Sachiel

Postby CtHuLhU » Wed Sep 30, 2009 12:00 am

Davidyuk Jenya is only one russian professional seyu working in Japan. Thats why personnel speaks english.

I don't remember anything about Nerv Russia...

Well, it's obviously.
[URL=http://img22.imageshack.us/img22/7234/snaph.jpg]Image[/URL]
Plus many other mentions.
あやなみ ☆ すきだよ

TMSIDR
Embryo

Postby TMSIDR » Wed Sep 30, 2009 12:23 pm

TMSIDR wrote:That's really strange because Hidenori Matsubara told on the convention Connichi 2009 3 days ago, that only the preparations started for the 3rd movie, so a release in less a year seems to be unlikely when we take a look at the gap between 1.0 and 2.0. Perhaps money can accelarate the production but I think it still will take longer.

I now quote myself. He showed lots of photos of khara from not so long ago (~August] and there was a lot of Production art visible and I doubt that there was much 3.0 stuff there (I haven't watched 2.0 so far) and I doubt that he lied about the preparations.

By the way from a financial view it doesn't make sense to to release the next movie in less than a year.
"You're thinking in Japanese aren't you? If you must think, do it in German!" ~ Asuka

AchtungAffen
Banned

Postby AchtungAffen » Thu Oct 01, 2009 12:02 pm

I got the 8gatsu NT (poor mans version). I just took a glance of it. I know that the concrete Eva articles are the ones scanned and posted by TM, but I also saw lots of other interviews or shit with anime creators throughout the magazine. So that might be worth checking too.
"Oh, Constantine! To how many evils origin was given, not by your conversion to Christianity, but by the dowry which from you received the first Pope that was rich!" - Dante
How can you expect to live in a Republic when you don't care about the res-publica?
"The gun, in all its forms, was the epochal tool of white male supremacy, which is why it continues to have irrational appeal. As much as the jack-booted hate Jews and blacks, that much they love their guns." - James Carrol
My List @ AniDB

- Original activist against the lockers-that-be -

AchtungAffen
Banned

Postby AchtungAffen » Thu Oct 01, 2009 10:00 pm

Well, today I invested sum ammount of time to checking this thing out.

My first impression by reading posts on Japanese sites that held the same text than T3CN was, no source, always same exact recycled text. On some thread probably taken from 2ch some people called it fake, while others didn't, but also didn't provide confirmation by evidence. Didn't see who posted this text first.

Also, read the goddam Newtype 8gatsu. Can't say my reading skills in moon are that great and I may have missed it, but checked all interviews on that magazine and didn't see the quote in question. So, I have to change my position and accept the veracity of the quote is questionable.
"Oh, Constantine! To how many evils origin was given, not by your conversion to Christianity, but by the dowry which from you received the first Pope that was rich!" - Dante
How can you expect to live in a Republic when you don't care about the res-publica?
"The gun, in all its forms, was the epochal tool of white male supremacy, which is why it continues to have irrational appeal. As much as the jack-booted hate Jews and blacks, that much they love their guns." - James Carrol
My List @ AniDB

Sailor Star Dust
Kept you waiting, huh?
Kept you waiting, huh?

Postby Sailor Star Dust » Thu Oct 01, 2009 11:35 pm

AA: Thanks for your hard work with looking into things.

Again, we'll find out info soon enough I'm sure.

CtHuLhU
Sachiel
Sachiel

Postby CtHuLhU » Thu Oct 01, 2009 11:38 pm

The source is 2ch. Posted Jul 07 by 78-kun.
あやなみ ☆ すきだよ

Sailor Star Dust
Kept you waiting, huh?
Kept you waiting, huh?

Postby Sailor Star Dust » Thu Oct 01, 2009 11:45 pm

I saw that 2ch link of the interview before too. Problem is like AA and TM pointed out is it doesn't have a source.

CtHuLhU
Sachiel
Sachiel

Postby CtHuLhU » Fri Oct 02, 2009 12:10 am

The first mention I saw was "next year, May" (as we though before). But yeah, chans have no proof.
Plus they were speaking about "Quickening" and "Awakening" as the possible titles.
あやなみ ☆ すきだよ

AchtungAffen
Banned

Postby AchtungAffen » Fri Oct 02, 2009 11:06 am

But #78-kun was taken from another thread, so things get even trickier.
My List @ AniDB

Electric Sachiel
Lilin
Lilin

Postby Electric Sachiel » Fri Oct 02, 2009 11:23 am

AchtungAffen wrote:But #78-kun was taken from another thread, so things get even trickier.

Well if things are so unclear right now and there is such a massive gap or absence of concrete evidence.....why not just call a foul on this one now?

I think we should all just forget about that silly announcement that 3.0 will be ready for next summer and perhaps concentrate on other matters. Seriously when you think through it logically it doesnt make sense at ALL for them to release the film that early. What about all the potential 2.0 dvd marketing and merchandising opportunities?

Sacrifice them all for the sake of releasing 3.0 early? I THINK NOT! :smirk:

Return to “Rebuild of Evangelion Discussion”