Official Welcome Thread : Jun 21, 2004 to Nov 13, 2010

Old sticky threads from different subfora are preserved here for easy reference

Moderators: Rebuild/OT Moderators, Board Staff

Teague
Matarael
Matarael

Postby Teague » Sat Sep 19, 2009 9:51 pm

Where's the buffet? I heard this place is catered.
"Don't you touch a hair on that boy's head! Have you no respect? He's mine! Get your own human play-thing, you quartz-brained little creampuff!"- Bernard Black
"Kaji was the most heartbroken and shattered over Kaji's death besides Misato." -AuraTwilight
Self-admitted meme-whore.
Unashamed troper.
O-sensei's House of a Thousand Hearts: Lest We Forget

SpacemanSchmuck
Embryo

Postby SpacemanSchmuck » Tue Sep 22, 2009 5:58 am

Hi everyone, I'm a new member. The link I clicked on for the Official Welcome Thread http://forum.evageeks.org/forum/viewtopic.php?t=2 was broken, so I hope it's alright to start a new thread. I couldn't find an appropriate thread anywhere.

So anyway, I'll tell you about myself pretty quick. I'm a 28 year old guy, I have a girlfriend of five years, and I've watched Evangelion about 30 times. Some episodes more, some less. I don't really keep count. But I first saw it in 2000, and I've been pretty crazy about it since. :woohoo:

I haven't really joined an eva fan group online before. I never ran into one that seemed worth investing in, but while looking for an alternate translation for Rebuild 2 after I torrented it a few weeks ago, I discovered this forum, which was incredibly helpful. I have to applaud everyone who contributed to the translation, because it's been pretty excellent. :clap:

Looking around through some of the threads, I thought, finally, I've found an online community of Eva fans worth investing in. I talk about Evangelion in depth with my girlfriend and my friend Dan, all the time. And I told everyone I know that Rebuild 2 is totally crazy, and I'm gonna get everyone together once the first two movies are on DVD in the U.S. and make them all watch it because it's really just the most incredible thing I've ever seen. :w00t:

See, before, I thought Gainax had delivered on the promise shown in Daicon IV with The End of Evangelion. You know, the singular style of animation they have. But Hideaki Anno just took it to a whole new level. It's crazy! :boingy:

I'm not sure what else I should tell you about me so, uh, if you have a question, I can answer it. :headscratch: :headscratch: :headscratch:

Oh yeah, also, I don't get online for days at a time. I've found I'm more productive that way. That might change at some point but not in the immediate future.

Thanks for the great forum. :ting:
"This time, I will definitely make you happy."
---
Yes, I have watched Evangelion, the series and all four movies, at least thirty times in the past ten years. Some of it much more than that.

I just want to say I'm not very active in this forum because I get WAY too passionate about Eva and my opinions and theories and I know it, and I don't want to get carried away and start flamewars. It's (not) what I really want to do. ha ;)
http://www.recklessillumination.org

Joseph the PRPD
Elder God
Elder God

Postby Joseph the PRPD » Tue Sep 22, 2009 6:01 am

Here is the proper thread. I don't understand why the link you clicked seems to be broken but when I go into the OT forum and click into it, it works fine.

You didn't have to make a thread in the Eva Chit-chat area though.

Also it might be awhile until 2.0 comes out on DVD/Blu-ray. Unless you live in Japan.
Cheese wheel in the U.S. Coast Guard.

Ornette
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Ornette » Tue Sep 22, 2009 7:35 am

There was an extra "/forum/" in the URL. It shows up after you've activated your account but we broke the site up into subdomains so that link needed to be updated. Done.

SpacemanSchmuck
Embryo

Postby SpacemanSchmuck » Tue Sep 22, 2009 8:13 am

Joseph the PRPD wrote:Here is the proper thread. I don't understand why the link you clicked seems to be broken but when I go into the OT forum and click into it, it works fine.

You didn't have to make a thread in the Eva Chit-chat area though.

Also it might be awhile until 2.0 comes out on DVD/Blu-ray. Unless you live in Japan.

Sorry, I'm glad someone fixed it. I looked around for like ten minutes and I couldn't figure it out. I don't go on forums often, so the way they are laid out is really weird to me.

Oh yeah, I expect it could be two years, given how long before Rebuild 1 is coming out here in the US. I'm planning ahead. It's a simple matter that I saw a Rebuild 2 camrip and I decided that everyone I know has to see this movie. Because it's transcendental of the medium. It's like Watchmen (the book), it's just really blowing away all the previous achievements by a mile. It's pretty great.

Ornette wrote:There was an extra "/forum/" in the URL. It shows up after you've activated your account but we broke the site up into subdomains so that link needed to be updated. Done.

Yay! It got fixed. :clap: I'm helping.
---
Yes, I have watched Evangelion, the series and all four movies, at least thirty times in the past ten years. Some of it much more than that.

I just want to say I'm not very active in this forum because I get WAY too passionate about Eva and my opinions and theories and I know it, and I don't want to get carried away and start flamewars. It's (not) what I really want to do. ha ;)

bogusman
Tunniel
Tunniel

Postby bogusman » Tue Sep 22, 2009 12:22 pm

oh man, just found my password & gonna post my first "words" here
silly me :toothy:
Yea...

GasmaskAvenger
Re-Gyption Strut
Re-Gyption Strut

Postby GasmaskAvenger » Wed Sep 23, 2009 3:01 am

Hi

even though i've been meaning to join for a while now, it wasn't until now where I decided to do so

anyways, I probably won't show up a whole lot, but I will indeed pop in from time to time.

so yeah, i'm new to the site, though i've lurked a little :wink:
Satsuki Kiryuin wants you to turn that frown upside down...
My AU Evangelion Fanfic | My Street Fighter fanfic
XBOX Live: GasmaskAvenger | PSN: GasmaskAvenger
Official "Grindhouse of Evangelion" Discussion, Updates and Cast Sign Up Thread.

SpacemanSchmuck
Embryo

Postby SpacemanSchmuck » Thu Sep 24, 2009 4:53 pm

GasmaskAvenger wrote:Hi

even though i've been meaning to join for a while now, it wasn't until now where I decided to do so

anyways, I probably won't show up a whole lot, but I will indeed pop in from time to time.

so yeah, i'm new to the site, though i've lurked a little :wink:

Hey Gasmask!!! :D Yeah you like Eva a lot don't you? :toothy:
---

Great Genius Shinji-Sama
Test Subject
Test Subject

Postby Great Genius Shinji-Sama » Thu Sep 24, 2009 4:59 pm

hyzies mask-san!
Avatar: Utena and Anthy hawtness <3
-----------------------------------------------------------
XBOX LIVE GAMERTAG: ShinjiSama01
http://shinjisama.wordpress.com/ - Blog
http://otakuno1.deviantart.com/ - Deviant account

GasmaskAvenger
Re-Gyption Strut
Re-Gyption Strut

Postby GasmaskAvenger » Thu Sep 24, 2009 5:13 pm

Thanks

Yeah, I pretty much do.

It all started a few months back where I decided to give it a shot by renting Vol. 1 of the original DVD release at a local Hollywood Videos (Unfortunately, it closed a few weeks ago).

It wasn't until I rented Vol. 2 where I got hooked & once I managed to obtain the remaining volumes at my local library system (Sadly, someone lost Vol. 8, so I had to download the final three episodes of the series off the internet), I pretty much watched Vols. 4-7 + the last three episodes & EoE in the span of one evening & early the following morning

Such a great night that was
Official "Grindhouse of Evangelion" Discussion, Updates and Cast Sign Up Thread.

SpacemanSchmuck
Embryo

Postby SpacemanSchmuck » Thu Sep 24, 2009 5:22 pm

GasmaskAvenger wrote:Thanks

Yeah, I pretty much do.

you're welcome! More Eva fans are better for the world, it makes me happy. Uh... so do you recognize me from the YouChew forums? I just joined over there so it's ironic to see you here. Neoprene mentioned you a few times before I joined, so I kinda know your name.

GasmaskAvenger wrote:It all started a few months back where I decided to give it a shot by renting Vol. 1 of the original DVD release at a local Hollywood Videos (Unfortunately, it closed a few weeks ago).

whoa, hold on. You've only seen Eva for the first time in just the last few months? That's cool! What made you decide to give it a shot?

GasmaskAvenger wrote:It wasn't until I rented Vol. 2 where I got hooked & once I managed to obtain the remaining volumes at my local library system (Sadly, someone lost Vol. 8, so I had to download the final three episodes of the series off the internet), I pretty much watched Vols. 4-7 + the last three episodes & EoE in the span of one evening & early the following morning

Such a great night that was

I'm sure almost everyone here has a similar story... when you start watching Eva it just says "You! Sit the eff down and shut up! Okay. Now, pay attention! Are you paying attention? Good." And then it blows your mind. I can't even begin to say how many times I just sat down and burned through the whole series, even after watching it a dozen times. And with most of my friends who I showed it to them, it was the same way. You just sit down and watch it and that's all there is to it, mister!
:nyao:

Are you gonna wait for the Rebuilds to come out on DVD before you watch em? There's a really fab camrip of Rebuild 1 going around, and the camrip for Rebuild 2 isn't as bad as I expected (i try to keep my expectations down in these Evangelion matters, otherwise I will just break my heart)
---

GasmaskAvenger
Re-Gyption Strut
Re-Gyption Strut

Postby GasmaskAvenger » Thu Sep 24, 2009 5:34 pm

Actually, no one told me to give it a shot

Just me being curious & my vague memories of hearing about it

of course, I do own both the Platinum Perfect Collection & EoE as of now & yeah, I see your name pop up in Youchew.

Yeah, i'm waiting for the Rebuilds to get stateside releases before I watch 'em, though i've seen the last 20 minutes or so of 2.0 (lol, I haven't even seen 1.0 at all), though I rather just wait till the spring for the somewhat extended version & see if any of the rental places have the regular version to rent in November

SpacemanSchmuck
Embryo

Postby SpacemanSchmuck » Thu Sep 24, 2009 6:17 pm

GasmaskAvenger wrote:i've seen the last 20 minutes or so of 2.0 (lol, I haven't even seen 1.0 at all)

Oh maaaan. The last 20 minutes... that's an epic spoiler. Damn.
SPOILER: Show
I expect it has a much greater impact if the first time you see it is while watching 1 and 2 back to back. Not necessarily 1 for the first time, but 2 in one sitting at one time. Well. It's a pretty epic twenty minutes, huh? Amazing animation and music.

I still don't own Platinum. I was pretty broke when it was seen more regularly in stores. I haven't seen one in a long time. I heard there was a re-release in a slimmer package? I should just look on Amazon or something, or maybe I can order it through one of the stores.... I bought the original DVD releases back in 2000. And yeah, they are pretty ridiculously inferior almost across the board (the subtitle translation seems more natural than the different one they had for Platinum, but Platinum's is more accurate...)
---

Ornette
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Ornette » Thu Sep 24, 2009 6:23 pm

Let's continue this in the "When you first watched Eva" thread in chit-chat instead of the "Welcome Thread".

GasmaskAvenger
Re-Gyption Strut
Re-Gyption Strut

Postby GasmaskAvenger » Thu Sep 24, 2009 6:26 pm

I own the tin box with the slim cases for each disc & got it for $40 on Amazon brand new (Despite the tin box being slightly dented)

i'm good with spoilers, since it'll be quite a while before I see 2.0 in its full, High Def quality. Plus, I bet it'll be an even more breathtaking experience than watching a cam rip.

IrkenEvangelion
Pilot
Pilot

Postby IrkenEvangelion » Thu Sep 24, 2009 9:03 pm

Hey hey hey, everybody. It's been too long.
THIS IS STEINS;GATE'S CHOICE!
----<3 Merchant meets Spicy Wolf <3----
8 YEARS OF EVA, Does it mean something to you?
EvaPedia|Xbox Live|El Psy Congroo

Joseph the PRPD
Elder God
Elder God

Postby Joseph the PRPD » Thu Sep 24, 2009 9:06 pm

Yes it has Mr./Ms. Irken. Been busy I assume.
Cheese wheel in the U.S. Coast Guard.

IrkenEvangelion
Pilot
Pilot

Postby IrkenEvangelion » Thu Sep 24, 2009 9:07 pm

Haha. Mr. Yea, relationship issues, planning for college, lack of interest to do anything. But I guess I have to stop procrastinating and get back on here.
THIS IS STEINS;GATE'S CHOICE!
----<3 Merchant meets Spicy Wolf <3----
8 YEARS OF EVA, Does it mean something to you?
EvaPedia|Xbox Live|El Psy Congroo

Cailet
Embryo

Postby Cailet » Fri Sep 25, 2009 9:19 am

Hey there.

I dunno really what to say about myself, never been any good at introductions unfortunately. Last time people asked me to introduce myself I made up a whole load of stuff about my time served (in prison) with Baron Munchausen, my time serving (in bars) to Harry Flashman and time served (in the army) alongside The Good Soldier Sjvek. My life hasn't been nearly so interesting in the real world alas.

So yeah, I'm 21, English and an Eva fan (nooooo, never woulda guessed that ;))

Looking forward to goofing around chatting here, seems like a nice place.
And all the world over each nation's the same/They've simply no notion of playing the game
They argue with umpires/They cheer when they've won
And they practice beforehand which ruins the fun!

Deathmask
Lilith

Postby Deathmask » Sun Sep 27, 2009 3:53 pm

what's up you cracka ass sons of bitches

I thought I should post in this thread since I've been gone for a couple months

hai
<X> i dropped my book for this conversation
<ZapalacX> i dropped my pants for this conversation
<Anti> I wasn't serious.
<ZapalacX> i was
<ZapalacX> i'm not even joking
<ZapalacX> look at my face