Japanese Romani Script of the Anime

This is the place to start: Feel free to introduce yourself, have general conversations and casual discussions about all things Evangelion, including chit-chatty topics like "Sachiel is adorable" or "Which Eva kicks the most ass?"

Moderator: Board Staff

Sventevith
Shamshel
Shamshel

Japanese Romani Script of the Anime

•      
  •      

Postby Sventevith » Sun Aug 28, 2005 3:43 pm

There've been many situations where I want to quote something they say in Japanese, but as my knowledge of Japanese is equal zero, that's not so easy, and a script would help a lot, so I can look it up. ;)

Got any link? Or a document? Anything? I'd really appreciate it.
"Meglio soli che mal accompagnati."

AchtungAffen
Banned

•      
  •      

Postby AchtungAffen » Sun Aug 28, 2005 4:45 pm

I have all the renewal scripts, but they are images (screencaps from the renewal dvd's). So either you rewerite all the kanji or you put an image. Them scripts here.

Toilet Duck
Lilith

•      
  •      

Postby Toilet Duck » Mon Aug 29, 2005 1:43 am

i'm actually working on converting those screenplay pictures to text and rohmaji (arranging them in a spreadsheet).
"Do you think Reis big giant head would be enough to make a nuclear winter?" --defectron

Being banned from GodTube = VICTOLY

AchtungAffen
Banned

•      
  •      

Postby AchtungAffen » Mon Aug 29, 2005 3:26 am

A dream come true would be to have them on text, although not so much of a nice dream if they're in romaji. I find it impossible to understand. Just think about it, if you have them kanjis in text form, then it makes all the job of translating easier, as it's just copy and paste on a dictionary like Jim Breens. Considering how many Japanese words share a same pronunciation, a romaji only script would be very hard to understand, methinks.

ObsessiveMathsFreak
Admin Emeritus
Admin Emeritus

•      
  •      

Postby ObsessiveMathsFreak » Mon Aug 29, 2005 8:10 am

toiletduck wrote:i'm actually working on converting those screenplay pictures to text and rohmaji (arranging them in a spreadsheet).

Are you typing them up, or using optical character recognition software?
[Became an administrator on or before October 4th, 2007.]
May The Maths Be With You.

Toilet Duck
Lilith

•      
  •      

Postby Toilet Duck » Thu Sep 01, 2005 12:45 am

ObsessiveMathsFreak wrote:
toiletduck wrote:i'm actually working on converting those screenplay pictures to text and rohmaji (arranging them in a spreadsheet).

Are you typing them up, or using optical character recognition software?

sadly, typing them up. unless someone has a l33t ocr program that can do Japanese...
"Do you think Reis big giant head would be enough to make a nuclear winter?" --defectron

Reichu
Admin Emeritus
Admin Emeritus

•      
  •      

Postby Reichu » Fri Sep 02, 2005 6:01 pm

toiletduck wrote:sadly, typing them up. unless someone has a l33t ocr program that can do Japanese...

Are you typing up the Japanese ones? Because Quiddity and I have some of that done already...

No romaji scripts yet. It's on the "to do list", but I have so much stuff on that list, it's pretty low-priority.
さらば、全てのEvaGeeks。
「滅びの運命は新生の喜びでもある」
Departure Message | The Arqa Apocrypha: An Evangelion Analysis Blog

Toilet Duck
Lilith

•      
  •      

Postby Toilet Duck » Fri Sep 02, 2005 11:22 pm

Reichu wrote:
toiletduck wrote:sadly, typing them up. unless someone has a l33t ocr program that can do Japanese...

Are you typing up the Japanese ones? Because Quiddity and I have some of that done already...

No romaji scripts yet. It's on the "to do list", but I have so much stuff on that list, it's pretty low-priority.

yeah, i'm using the microsoft Japanese text i.m.e. i CAN do romaji scripts as well; it's one of those things that having audio rips of each episode helps with somewhat. just keep in mind i'm willing to help out the commentary in any way i can if you just say the word.

AchtungAffen
Banned

•      
  •      

Postby AchtungAffen » Fri Sep 02, 2005 11:45 pm

Does anybody have some of the renewal scripts (Japanese) on text form?

Reichu
Admin Emeritus
Admin Emeritus

•      
  •      

Postby Reichu » Sat Sep 03, 2005 1:33 am

toiletduck wrote:yeah, i'm using the microsoft Japanese text i.m.e.

Well, for the love of Lilith, don't repeat work that's already been done! Episodes #01 through... #07 I think (I'd have to ask Quid) should be all done, in some manner or another. (I think episode #01 has my translation notes all over it, but it's probably easier to edit those out than type the thing from scratch. :P ) Everything's in WORD format so far -- that a problem? Maybe we should start doing them in HTML instead; that's probably a bit more universal. :P Hey, it's a learning process.

i CAN do romaji scripts as well; it's one of those things that having audio rips of each episode helps with somewhat. just keep in mind i'm willing to help out the commentary in any way i can if you just say the word.

Well, if you want to do the romaji things for episodes #01 through #04, I can give you the work that's lying around and you can put something together from that. Typing up the Jap scripts would be nice, too. If you wait until I confirm what we actually have done...
さらば、全てのEvaGeeks。
「滅びの運命は新生の喜びでもある」
Departure Message | The Arqa Apocrypha: An Evangelion Analysis Blog

AchtungAffen
Banned

•      
  •      

Postby AchtungAffen » Sat Sep 03, 2005 2:18 am

Could you post them scripts in Japanese, word format, please oh please?

Toilet Duck
Lilith

•      
  •      

Postby Toilet Duck » Sun Sep 04, 2005 11:11 pm

i didn't start with the first episodes, thank god. :) once again, i prefer excel as it keeps the grid format of the screeplays and allows for organizing raw Japanese, romaji and translations side-by-side. i'd be glad to do romaji for the #1-4 scripts, by the way. also, does anybody know of a decent free file server or something?

Return to “Evangelion General and Chit-Chat”