Is there a release date for Evangelion 3.0?

Discussion of the new series of Evangelion movies ( "Evangelion Shin Gekijōban", meaning "Evangelion: New Theatrical Edition"). The final instalment made its debut in Japan on March 8, 2021.

Moderators: Rebuild/OT Moderators, Board Staff

Forum rules
By visiting this forum, you agree to read the rules for discussion.
The Eva Monkey
IT'S OVER 9000!!!
IT'S OVER 9000!!!

Evangelion 3.0 to be released...?

Postby The Eva Monkey » Mon Sep 21, 2009 8:26 am

According to a recent Newtype interview, as discussed on tokyo3cn, reposted to the Evangelion ML, and once more reposted here for your delight and consumption, Rebuild of Evangelion 3.0 is due out in the Summer of 2010. This is earlier than expected, as it took nearly two years between 1.0 and 2.0. Apparently, the films have been so successful that they’re not limiting the budget on 3.0, and with the staff from the previous two films, they’ll be adding new staff, maintaining the same level of quality, and pushing the film out much earlier than expected. The only downside is that the directors/supervisiors won’t be able to do interviews/press conferences. I’d say that’s a pretty fair trade, wouldn’t you?

TMBounty_Hunter
Hachigouki is my waifu
Hachigouki is my waifu

Postby TMBounty_Hunter » Mon Sep 21, 2009 8:54 am

o rly?

this seems from quite a long time ago, but it's the first time i heard of it anywhere. or has it already been spammed multiple times in the spoilerific threads?

would be nice to have the actual article and not some dude on the internet
"Hooray for other things!" -NAveryW

Captain_Morgan
Ireul
Ireul

Postby Captain_Morgan » Mon Sep 21, 2009 9:10 am

If this is true, oh sweetness.

Shouldn't Evangelion: Final be released next summer, as well?

trueno_twentyone
Matarael
Matarael

Postby trueno_twentyone » Mon Sep 21, 2009 9:35 am

That's sweet! 3.0 by summer of 2010. Not bad. Same as the elections here in the Philippines. Lots of things to expect this summer, I'm getting excited!

@captain: By the looks of it, it would be two different movies. With its success, they'll be milking it more.

chee
EGF Hate Machine
EGF Hate Machine

Postby chee » Mon Sep 21, 2009 9:50 am

:w00t:

R-U-4-Zeruel
Embryo

Postby R-U-4-Zeruel » Mon Sep 21, 2009 10:17 am

:thumbsup: :woohoo: :yippee: :boingy: :clap: I can't wait ! 3.0 is going to kick to much arse, can't wait to see elevnth and twelve angel (hopefully lilin is not one of them) two more angel fights please

esselfortium
Angel
Angel

Postby esselfortium » Mon Sep 21, 2009 10:47 am

Awesome!

If 3.0 and Final aren't planned to be released together anymore, I also have to wonder if they're still going to be shorter than 1.0 and 2.0...

The Eva Monkey
IT'S OVER 9000!!!
IT'S OVER 9000!!!

Postby The Eva Monkey » Mon Sep 21, 2009 11:08 am

TMBounty_Hunter wrote:this seems from quite a long time ago

Is it? Has this been discussed in spoiler-land? Has it made it's way into non-spoiler announcement-ville?

Let me know.

At the very least, this has not made its way to the main page. Ergo, it's news.
Last edited by The Eva Monkey on Mon Sep 21, 2009 11:09 am, edited 1 time in total.

Legendary
Test Subject
Test Subject

Postby Legendary » Mon Sep 21, 2009 11:08 am

About time. 1.0 has been out for like a decade or something. :P

SaltyJoe
Nerv Scientist
Nerv Scientist

Postby SaltyJoe » Mon Sep 21, 2009 12:41 pm

OMG, holy crap, and other stuff like that!

Captain_Morgan wrote:Shouldn't Evangelion: Final be released next summer, as well?

Not to sound like a killjoy, but maybe they are simply not making a distinction between 3.0 and 4.0, and collectively refer to them both as "Q"? I mean i certainly wouldn't mind if the final two films would be longer than previously announced, but i think it's better not to build up false hopes.

Also, the first trailer for 2.0 was released around the end of march, if i recall correctly. Maybe we will already see some Q footage by the same time in 2010.

Axell
Bridge Bunny
Bridge Bunny

Postby Axell » Mon Sep 21, 2009 1:00 pm

This will keep me happy till it gets postponed

Heromaster111
Ramiel
Ramiel

Postby Heromaster111 » Mon Sep 21, 2009 2:47 pm

Axell wrote:This will keep me happy till it gets postponed

This

Electric Sachiel
Lilin
Lilin

Postby Electric Sachiel » Mon Sep 21, 2009 3:01 pm

i can only hope that this article brings us info thats accurate and will actually come to fruition. How many times in the past have we had announcements like these for films like 1.0 and 2.0 only to see their release dates pushed back significantly?

And i would also hope that with an increased budget and enrollment of staff to help, the movie's screening time will be extended. 3.0.....please be longer than 45 min. I could care less about 4.0 right now. Anno and the creative/production team at Khara should seriously consider taking more time to tell the story in 3.0, instead of rushing to close to bring in 4.0

TMSIDR
Embryo

Postby TMSIDR » Mon Sep 21, 2009 3:09 pm

That's really strange because Hidenori Matsubara told on the convention Connichi 2009 3 days ago, that only the preparations started for the 3rd movie, so a release in less a year seems to be unlikely when we take a look at the gap between 1.0 and 2.0. Perhaps money can accelarate the production but I think it still will take longer.

It's funny that they mentioned that there won't be interviews because Anno didn't do any interviews since before the release of 1.0 (the exception was in the "artbook" of 1.0). ^_^
"You're thinking in Japanese aren't you? If you must think, do it in German!" ~ Asuka

NAveryW
Insect Politician
Insect Politician

Postby NAveryW » Mon Sep 21, 2009 3:10 pm

Onegeek wrote:Interviewer: So you're saing that Q is complete?

Producer: Yes.
The draw are just completed.
Its publication will be in summer 2010.
Does that mean the animation was just completed or... what?
"Today?... hmm... today... right... Um... I'm just gonna wing it." -Guess who

Great Genius Shinji-Sama
Test Subject
Test Subject

Postby Great Genius Shinji-Sama » Mon Sep 21, 2009 4:15 pm

So Final and Q still come out together right? I mean we'll get both from Japan next Summer correct? Because I will so download it if thats right! :w00t:
Avatar: Utena and Anthy hawtness <3
-----------------------------------------------------------
XBOX LIVE GAMERTAG: ShinjiSama01
http://shinjisama.wordpress.com/ - Blog
http://otakuno1.deviantart.com/ - Deviant account

AchtungAffen
Banned

Postby AchtungAffen » Mon Sep 21, 2009 4:18 pm

I read the original Japanese post on Tokyo3cn (yes, they did a Japanese, not chinese, transcription), and it doesn't say shit about budget and stuff. What it said was that after Jyo, the staff worked on both Ha and Q at the same time, or mostly parallel. The translation made by the guy who posted on the EvaML is plain wrong.
"Oh, Constantine! To how many evils origin was given, not by your conversion to Christianity, but by the dowry which from you received the first Pope that was rich!" - Dante
How can you expect to live in a Republic when you don't care about the res-publica?
"The gun, in all its forms, was the epochal tool of white male supremacy, which is why it continues to have irrational appeal. As much as the jack-booted hate Jews and blacks, that much they love their guns." - James Carrol
My List @ AniDB

- Original activist against the lockers-that-be -

NAveryW
Insect Politician
Insect Politician

Postby NAveryW » Mon Sep 21, 2009 4:46 pm

At least that means they knew where they were going when they made 2.0. Hooray!

Also, I doubt there's going to be a 4.0 at this point. It was initially planned to come out along with 3.0, and speculation arose later that it may become a separate movie. Now that there is no 3.0 anymore, just Q, I'm going to assume that's the final movie until confirmation otherwise.
"Today?... hmm... today... right... Um... I'm just gonna wing it." -Guess who

Joseph the PRPD
Elder God
Elder God

Postby Joseph the PRPD » Mon Sep 21, 2009 5:26 pm

I hope it actually happens.

Heromaster111 wrote:
Axell wrote:This will keep me happy till it gets postponed

This
Cheese wheel in the U.S. Coast Guard.

carla
Ireul
Ireul

Postby carla » Mon Sep 21, 2009 5:33 pm

regardless of if it's true or if the translation's accurate, i'm glad there's buzz, at least. it might work like pulling on anno's ear, who knows :thumbsup:

besides that, bigger budget = ME LIKEY :toothy: i hope at least that part is true.
bittersweet ending: episode 24. the angels are gone and mankind is safe... but tokyo-3 has been ruined; Kaji is dead; toji is a cripple; kensuke, hikari, and their families have moved away, taking pen-pen with them; Asuka is catatonic; ritsuko is in prison; Misato is a nervous wreck; Rei is "the third one"; and Shinji is utterly broken psychologically after having to kill the only person who has offered him unconditional love in the course of the whole series. come the movie? don't worry! it gets worse! ~from the source of all wisdom in the world.

kNET | GAW | my graphics | my fanfics | re-deconstruct: the EVA rebuild fanlisting

Return to “Rebuild of Evangelion Discussion”