Who is Ritsuko's Father?

For serious and at times in-depth discussions only, covering the original TV series, the movies End of Evangelion and Death & Rebirth.

Moderator: Board Staff

Forum rules
By visiting this forum, you agree to read the rules for discussion and abide by them.
InterGrinch
Embryo

Who is Ritsuko's Father?

Postby InterGrinch » Sun Sep 13, 2009 5:49 pm

Uhh...

?????????????????

>.<

esselfortium
Angel
Angel

Postby esselfortium » Sun Sep 13, 2009 6:00 pm

Someone who didn't work at Gehirn?

Synapsid
Pilot
Pilot

Postby Synapsid » Sun Sep 13, 2009 6:08 pm

Someone with parallels to papa Langley, it doesn't seem like he was there for her at all. Alternately he could have died around 2I, fitting into the dead parent theme, but Rits-chan's already an orphan, and I like the Asuka connection better.
It's a trap!|Saigo no shisha seitenkan
Genderbending is an important part of any fandom and must be taken very seriously. ZapalacX
If you ever say that name again, I will hunt you down and neuter you with a spork. Sailor Star Dust *cue Shinji's bloodcurling girly scream* LiLi
leave my innocent Shinjiko thread alone! Reichu Asuka would be the one going "SURPRISE BUTTSEKS, BAKA!!!!" while of course in appropriate dress and, *cough, gulp, snort*, with a certain strapped on accessory THE Hal E. Burton 9000

Joseph the PRPD
Elder God
Elder God

Postby Joseph the PRPD » Sun Sep 13, 2009 6:35 pm

Like with Asuka, we don't know. Nothing is said about them and we are only given stuff about there mother.
Cheese wheel in the U.S. Coast Guard.

Great Genius Shinji-Sama
Test Subject
Test Subject

Postby Great Genius Shinji-Sama » Sun Sep 13, 2009 9:16 pm

Mum's pretty much one of the big core main themes in Eva anyways. :smirk:
Avatar: Utena and Anthy hawtness <3
-----------------------------------------------------------
XBOX LIVE GAMERTAG: ShinjiSama01
http://shinjisama.wordpress.com/ - Blog
http://otakuno1.deviantart.com/ - Deviant account

Synapsid
Pilot
Pilot

Postby Synapsid » Sun Sep 13, 2009 9:24 pm

Great Genius Shinji-Sama wrote:Mum's pretty much one of the big core main themes in Eva anyways. :smirk:
And Rits-chan and Asuka's mothers have some rather strong parallels don't they? :think: ...Or maybe all scientists are sick in the EVAverse.
It's a trap!|Saigo no shisha seitenkan
Genderbending is an important part of any fandom and must be taken very seriously. ZapalacX
If you ever say that name again, I will hunt you down and neuter you with a spork. Sailor Star Dust *cue Shinji's bloodcurling girly scream* LiLi
leave my innocent Shinjiko thread alone! Reichu Asuka would be the one going "SURPRISE BUTTSEKS, BAKA!!!!" while of course in appropriate dress and, *cough, gulp, snort*, with a certain strapped on accessory THE Hal E. Burton 9000

Great Genius Shinji-Sama
Test Subject
Test Subject

Postby Great Genius Shinji-Sama » Sun Sep 13, 2009 9:26 pm

not just scientists synapsid, everyone is sick in Eva! :crazytwirl:
Avatar: Utena and Anthy hawtness <3
XBOX LIVE GAMERTAG: ShinjiSama01
http://shinjisama.wordpress.com/ - Blog
http://otakuno1.deviantart.com/ - Deviant account

Sammaeloo
Bridge Bunny
Bridge Bunny

Postby Sammaeloo » Sun Sep 13, 2009 9:29 pm

Great Genius Shinji-Sama wrote:not just scientists synapsid, everyone is sick in Eva! :crazytwirl:

Everyone but Pen-Pen. Damn that bird has it lucky.
Seize the day.....by the throat....
I hate mcdonalds because their mascot is a creepy spooky clown who looks like he smells funny. Seriously every time I see ronald I think he's secretly some sort of rapist who turns people into hamburgers. Also their food sucks. -Defectron
Our plumbing is messed up and my dad will not call anybody because he's a cheap asshole. Fuck you old man, fucking call someone. Some of us want to stay sanitary. -backseatjesus

thewayneiac
Committeeperson
Committeeperson

Postby thewayneiac » Sun Sep 13, 2009 9:30 pm

Joseph the PRPD wrote:Like with Asuka, we don't know. Nothing is said about them and we are only given stuff about there mother.

Umm........ We know exactly who Asuka's father is; he is Herr Langley. Are you perhaps mixing up the anime with the manga? That test tube baby business is true only in the Manga. In the anime Langley is Asuka's biological father.
Rejoice, glory is ours. Our young men have not died in vain. Their graves need no flowers. The tapes have recorded their names.
I am all there is.
Negative! Primative! Limited! I let you live.
But I gave you life.
What else could you do?
To do what was right.
I'm perfect, are you?

NemZ
Token Misanthrope
Token Misanthrope

Postby NemZ » Sun Sep 13, 2009 11:39 pm

Midichlorians
Rest In Peace ~ 1978 - 2017
"I'd consider myself a realist, alright? but in philosophical terms I'm what's called a pessimist. It means I'm bad at parties." - Rust Cohle
"Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize that half of 'em are stupider than that." - George Carlin
"The internet: It's like a training camp for never amounting to anything." - Oglaf
"I think internet message boards and the like are dangerous." - Anno

Dartz
Eva Technician
Eva Technician

Postby Dartz » Mon Sep 14, 2009 4:34 am

Damn you Darth Vader you Dark sided stud muffin...
-------m(^0^)m------ Wot, no sig?

Joseph the PRPD
Elder God
Elder God

Postby Joseph the PRPD » Mon Sep 14, 2009 6:08 am

thewayneiac wrote:
Joseph the PRPD wrote:Like with Asuka, we don't know. Nothing is said about them and we are only given stuff about there mother.

Umm........ We know exactly who Asuka's father is; he is Herr Langley. Are you perhaps mixing up the anime with the manga? That test tube baby business is true only in the Manga. In the anime Langley is Asuka's biological father.

I forgot. It's been awhile since I've seen the show. I can't remember everything. Also I've only read vol. 1 of the manga.
Last edited by Joseph the PRPD on Mon Sep 14, 2009 5:03 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Cheese wheel in the U.S. Coast Guard.

Sharaz Destler
Lilin
Lilin

Postby Sharaz Destler » Mon Sep 14, 2009 11:19 am

Naughtius Maximus?
"To the rational mind, nothing is inexplicable...only unexplained."--The Doctor, "Doctor Who".

AuraTwilight
Angel
Angel

Postby AuraTwilight » Mon Sep 14, 2009 3:40 pm

Who Cares? It's not like he ever fucking did anything outside of fathering Ritsuko, she has no Father Issues to develop her character, and since he's not onscreen, learning his identity contributes nothing.

Alaska Slim
Frigus Ignoramus
Frigus Ignoramus

Postby Alaska Slim » Mon Sep 14, 2009 4:48 pm

Great Genius Shinji-Sama wrote:not just scientists synapsid, everyone is sick in Eva! :crazytwirl:

I blame progress.

AuraTwilight wrote:Who Cares? It's not like he ever fucking did anything outside of fathering Ritsuko, she has no Father Issues to develop her character, and since he's not onscreen, learning his identity contributes nothing.

Better question, does he fall under the Hiter Time travel immunity clause? And if he doesn't, and say "mysteriously passes away" as a small child, could things, perhaps, be better in Ritsuko's absence? :scheming:
Last edited by Alaska Slim on Mon Sep 14, 2009 7:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Therefore encourage one another and build one another up, just as you are doing." - 1 Thessalonians 5:11

"It is one of the blessings of old friends that you can afford to be stupid with them." -Ralph Waldo Emerson

"God is in his Heaven, and free men walk upon the Earth" - Rev. Robert Sirico, President of the Acton Institute

Mr. Tines
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Mr. Tines » Mon Sep 14, 2009 5:03 pm

@AuraTwilight
Exactly.

We can rule out all the named characters of suitable age, and then it ceases to be an intersting question.
Reminder: Play nicely <<>> My vanity publishing:- NGE|blog|Photos|retro-blog|Fanfics &c.|MAL|𝕏|🐸|🦣

brainissues
Embryo

Postby brainissues » Mon Sep 14, 2009 5:29 pm

some centraedi lost in the space , there is something that everyone of us must remember , *anno's brain :leekspin: :woohoo:
nietzsche is dead he has been killed by god XD

BrikHaus
Dokutah Tenma
Dokutah Tenma

Postby BrikHaus » Mon Sep 14, 2009 7:50 pm

It's me.
I'm Ritsuko's father.
Awesomely Shitty
-"That purace has more badassu maddafaakas zan supermax spaceland."
-On EMF, as a thread becomes longer, the likelihood that fem-Kaworu will be mentioned increases exponentially.
-the only English language novel actually being developed in parallel to its Japanese version involving a pan-human Soviet in a galactic struggle to survive and to export the communist utopia/revolution to all the down trodden alien class and race- one of the premise being that Khrushchev remains and has abandoned Lysenko stupidity

Alaska Slim
Frigus Ignoramus
Frigus Ignoramus

Postby Alaska Slim » Mon Sep 14, 2009 8:26 pm

Brik, are you a dick with a time machine? :lol:
"Therefore encourage one another and build one another up, just as you are doing." - 1 Thessalonians 5:11

"It is one of the blessings of old friends that you can afford to be stupid with them." -Ralph Waldo Emerson

"God is in his Heaven, and free men walk upon the Earth" - Rev. Robert Sirico, President of the Acton Institute

Teague
Matarael
Matarael

Postby Teague » Mon Sep 14, 2009 8:31 pm

or a time machine with a dick?
"Don't you touch a hair on that boy's head! Have you no respect? He's mine! Get your own human play-thing, you quartz-brained little creampuff!"- Bernard Black
"Kaji was the most heartbroken and shattered over Kaji's death besides Misato." -AuraTwilight
Self-admitted meme-whore.
Unashamed troper.
O-sensei's House of a Thousand Hearts: Lest We Forget

Return to “Evangelion TV Series + EoE Discussion”