[Convention] Otakon

Non-Eva Anime and Manga discussion

Moderators: Rebuild/OT Moderators, Board Staff

The Sandman
Lilith

•      
  •      

Postby The Sandman » Wed Aug 24, 2005 3:42 pm

Men we need a con right here in Milwaukee. Count yourself lucky Eva Monkey-sama. :cry:

Hexon.Arq
Pilot
Pilot

•      
  •      

Postby Hexon.Arq » Wed Aug 24, 2005 4:26 pm

About how serious a party are we looking at? Games and Cokes, or the kind that necessitate good speakers and a good dealer?

It would be neat (and probably easy) to organize something in Vegas. Vegas, baby, VEGAS!!!

_you can't do anything, so don't even try
_get some help
_don't do what sonic does

Digitalex
Gaghiel
Gaghiel

•      
  •      

Postby Digitalex » Wed Aug 24, 2005 4:51 pm

Hexon.Arq wrote:About how serious a party are we looking at? Games and Cokes, or the kind that necessitate good speakers and a good dealer?

It would be neat (and probably easy) to organize something in Vegas. Vegas, baby, VEGAS!!!

LOL! I figure we can cater to both types. I would love to have a card game going on. I'll have some coke...with some Jack Daniels.

I have the party gear all ready (I've done this all too many times before). We just need the characters out here.

As for Vegas, I've yet to go there but I'm betting that it will be sooner rather than later.
Alex D.

TsubasaNoKoikokoro
Shamshel
Shamshel

•      
  •      

Postby TsubasaNoKoikokoro » Wed Aug 24, 2005 5:38 pm

I live in New York and I can't find a single Con. Not many Otakus here.

sadsadshinji
Nerv Scientist
Nerv Scientist

•      
  •      

Postby sadsadshinji » Wed Aug 24, 2005 6:25 pm

You are kidding me...right? Its a big city, I wouldnt be surprised if there was a large otaku population.
As for the party idea...perhaps next summer, after finishing high school I might be able to coax my parents into letting me go, but it sounds like a rather great idea.

Digitalex
Gaghiel
Gaghiel

•      
  •      

Postby Digitalex » Wed Aug 24, 2005 7:58 pm

Darkbyte wrote:I live in New York and I can't find a single Con. Not many Otakus here.

AnimeNext is in NJ...right aross the river from you. Back in 2002 and 2003, the Big Apple Anime Fest was happening. Are you living in upstate NY or NYC?
Alex D.

MongolSquad
Matarael
Matarael

•      
  •      

Postby MongolSquad » Wed Aug 24, 2005 8:18 pm

Hey EM, I got a pic of you and GS with that "special print" just for you. Too bad I can't show it on this board.

DatDude
Test Subject
Test Subject

•      
  •      

Postby DatDude » Wed Aug 24, 2005 8:19 pm

I need to make it next year so I can drink you all under the table
There was an EVA Nerd here, but now he's gone.

Digitalex
Gaghiel
Gaghiel

•      
  •      

Postby Digitalex » Wed Aug 24, 2005 8:56 pm

DatDude wrote:I need to make it next year so I can drink you all under the table

Good. The more the merrier.
Alex D.

TheBlueTree
Gaghiel
Gaghiel

•      
  •      

Postby TheBlueTree » Wed Aug 24, 2005 10:55 pm

Digitalex wrote:
Hexon.Arq wrote:About how serious a party are we looking at? Games and Cokes, or the kind that necessitate good speakers and a good dealer?

LOL! I figure we can cater to both types. I would love to have a card game going on. I'll have some coke...with some Jack Daniels.

I have the party gear all ready (I've done this all too many times before). We just need the characters out here.

As for Vegas, I've yet to go there but I'm betting that it will be sooner rather than later.

hey anyone got an eva deck? seriusly great lil thingy to buy wouldnt it be?

Titus
Tokyo-3 Resident
Tokyo-3 Resident

•      
  •      

Postby Titus » Thu Aug 25, 2005 4:41 am

Digitalex wrote:

:shock: - *looks up and thanks god!* - Ill be booking my ticket soon enough... card games, jack daniels, coke, anime and good company - dream come true...

@ Datdude - Argh- If anybody is drinkin anybody under the table, it's gona b me! - *Takes out JD cap, tshirt and whiskey glass....*
"I say Evamonkey did it himself. After seeing that Titus had more Eva images than him, he was driven into a fit of jealousy that led him to set this up in the hope of infecting everyone with a trojan that automatically rooted through their harddrives and sending him any images he didnt already have." - Space Penis
"some of the most intelligent people I know are complete fuck ups, and some of the less intelligent ones are incredibly interesting and promising." - The Eva Monkey
"Titus I love you!" - Zugzwang
"TITUS + ADSL = Disaster" - Timesplitter 01

ice reaper
Gaghiel
Gaghiel

•      
  •      

Postby ice reaper » Thu Aug 25, 2005 6:04 am

think yourself lucky! i've got to get a 9 hour flight if i wanna go.

drinking till we collapse......sounds fun! though by that time i'd only be 16, but what the hell! you can drink after you're 18 in the uk anyway and my brother started when he was 12. starting early'll give me an imunity to the badder affects of alcohol.........right?

like i said on the other thread about this; i might go year after next....but how do you reconize each other when you've never seen some/most of us? you might start getting too friendly with a hooker thinking it's some one from here and waking up in a ditch with a sore arse hole and no recolection of the previous week

"The divine fall silent as the freil plea aloud"

sadsadshinji
Nerv Scientist
Nerv Scientist

•      
  •      

Postby sadsadshinji » Thu Aug 25, 2005 8:04 am

ice reaper wrote:

drinking till we collapse......sounds fun! though by that time i'd only be 16, but what the hell! you can drink after you're 18 in the uk anyway and my brother started when he was 12. starting early'll give me an imunity to the badder affects of alcohol.........right?

like i said on the other thread about this; i might go year after next....but how do you reconize each other when you've never seen some/most of us? you might start getting too friendly with a hooker thinking it's some one from here and waking up in a ditch with a sore arse hole and no recolection of the previous week

About the drinking...
Constant drinking of smaller amounts of alchohol will cultivate enzyme development, which will make it easier to process alchohol, but I somehow doubt that it will reduce the negative effects.

TsubasaNoKoikokoro
Shamshel
Shamshel

•      
  •      

Postby TsubasaNoKoikokoro » Thu Aug 25, 2005 8:07 am

Digitalex wrote:
Darkbyte wrote:I live in New York and I can't find a single Con. Not many Otakus here.

AnimeNext is in NJ...right aross the river from you. Back in 2002 and 2003, the Big Apple Anime Fest was happening. Are you living in upstate NY or NYC?

Not far from NYC, only 10 minutes.

sadsadshinji wrote:You are kidding me...right? Its a big city, I wouldnt be surprised if there was a large otaku population.

There has been only one meeting place for Otaku I have found. And that's the Otakudon. It's a gaint shop for Otakus.

Titus
Tokyo-3 Resident
Tokyo-3 Resident

•      
  •      

Postby Titus » Thu Aug 25, 2005 2:04 pm

ice reaper wrote:

Um.... yeah... huzaa for personal experience! - yay!

Anyway... :roll: .... I'm gonna hav to fly to europe, then get a connecting flight to the states, so don't bitch about a 9 hour flight! It's 9 hours there plus 6 2state side.! Not even the sheep fuckers downunder have to fly that long! They can get a 1way there and back.! Huh!

Anyway, drinking underaged? That's not good, regarless of how much. I babysit 14 year olds all the time, cuz my best friend and her boyfriend leave them with me to go !@#$ in sum allyway next to a club. Guess who buys the drinks, cleans up the puke, carries them out and drives them home... That's right, moa! But what do I know, I drown myself in jacks and my nose doesn't work nomore! (guess y) so yeah, do what u want...

If you wanna drink, go for it, but i'm gonna laugh my butt off if u pass out.
Just like "That Dick" :lol: when I beat his ass at a whiskey - agh hem.. "Bourbon" downing contest" that is if he's (and anybody regardless of age or gender" is still up for it next year.... 8)

Anyway, u wanna c what we look like so you could recognise us?

Check the "how old u? where u from, what age r u" topic... start from the front(ish), there are alota pics of most of the members....
"I say Evamonkey did it himself. After seeing that Titus had more Eva images than him, he was driven into a fit of jealousy that led him to set this up in the hope of infecting everyone with a trojan that automatically rooted through their harddrives and sending him any images he didnt already have." - Space Penis
"some of the most intelligent people I know are complete fuck ups, and some of the less intelligent ones are incredibly interesting and promising." - The Eva Monkey
"Titus I love you!" - Zugzwang
"TITUS + ADSL = Disaster" - Timesplitter 01

Zuggy
Banned

•      
  •      

Postby Zuggy » Thu Aug 25, 2005 2:34 pm

Deleted.
Last edited by Zuggy on Sun Nov 27, 2005 10:55 am, edited 1 time in total.

the_seventh_child
radio gaga
radio gaga

•      
  •      

Postby the_seventh_child » Thu Aug 25, 2005 2:37 pm

Zugzwang wrote:
*will fly to america some day and see one of these 'Cons'*
Anime and manga unite us all. Much better than the Olympics. - Carl Horn |11.30.2004.
"As of this moment, we are changing from soldiers to pirates!" - Captain Jeffrey Wilder (Macross Frontier #22)

Hunter21
Pilot
Pilot

•      
  •      

Postby Hunter21 » Thu Aug 25, 2005 3:37 pm

TheBlueTree wrote:hey anyone got an eva deck? seriusly great lil thingy to buy wouldnt it be?

I do. But I would only let them be used if I could sucker.. er convince some people to play a couple games of Texas Hold Em with me. And someday I hope to win my way out to Vegas.
EVANGERIONANIME is stupid

Come Join the Sakaki Fan Club!

Remember you're on Evageeks, where preset personal delusions outweigh reality.

Digitalex
Gaghiel
Gaghiel

•      
  •      

Postby Digitalex » Thu Aug 25, 2005 3:45 pm

Zugzwang wrote:Always next year monkey ; )
Do they have bands at these cons? You know, playing opening from anime... that would rock.

*will fly to america some day and see one of these 'Cons'*

Yep. They have guest bands at Cons.

Last year AnimeBoston invited Yoko Ishida. She performed many of her opening tracks to popular anime such as Ai Yori Aoshi, Pretear, Ah! My Goddess, etc... The cool thing was when she also sang Cruel Angel's Thesis. It sounded FANTASTIC. I was going to record it but they prevented us from taking video and flash photography.

Otakon had The Indigo this year. Puffy AmiYumi stopped by but did not perform.
Last edited by Digitalex on Thu Aug 25, 2005 4:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Alex D.

Digitalex
Gaghiel
Gaghiel

•      
  •      

Postby Digitalex » Thu Aug 25, 2005 3:47 pm

Hunter21 wrote:
TheBlueTree wrote:hey anyone got an eva deck? seriusly great lil thingy to buy wouldnt it be?

I do. But I would only let them be used if I could sucker.. er convince some people to play a couple games of Texas Hold Em with me. And someday I hope to win my way out to Vegas.

Count me in. :twisted:
Alex D.

Return to “Anime and Manga”