Release date of Evangelion 1.11 Blu-Ray in Italy

Discussion of the new series of Evangelion movies ( "Evangelion Shin Gekijōban", meaning "Evangelion: New Theatrical Edition"). The final instalment made its debut in Japan on March 8, 2021.

Moderators: Rebuild/OT Moderators, Board Staff

Forum rules
By visiting this forum, you agree to read the rules for discussion.
Tetsuo87
Adam

Release date of Evangelion 1.11 Blu-Ray in Italy

•      
  •      

Postby Tetsuo87 » Thu Aug 27, 2009 7:32 am

yesterday the Italian publisher Dynit announced the date of release of Evangelion 1.11 In Blu-Ray. public statement. (Automatically translated):
"Blu-ray Evangelion 1:11 - the first Blu-ray Dynit could only be Evangelion! The latest edition of Evangelion 1.0 from digital master and previously unreleased footage. Outbox in late October at a recommended price of € 30. First edition with deluxe packaging limited edition. See you soon for updates!"
:boingy: :woohoo:

came out of the scheduled for October 28, the deluxe pack should be identical to that of Japan. it seems that this release will be absolutely identical to the Japanese, which differs only the audio track and extras in Italian. It is unknown if the 1.11 will also come in DVD.
Currently there are no other info...
I think we are the first, outside Japan to make out the "1.11", or mistaken?

Besides this, the same day there will be a release (from official website Dynit):
"Neon Genesis Evangelion The Feature Film - The new edition [is Revival of Evangelion NdR.] of" Death & Rebirth and The End of Evangelion, with video and audio restored DTS 5.1! limited edition with 50 page booklet about. "

for this edition a new dubbing,with the same voice actors dubbing the series and rebuild. :clap:

Public statement (in Italian): [url]http://www.dynit.it/ultimissime_dettaglio.asp?idnws=491[/url]

More info (in italian): [url]http://www.dynit.it/[/url]

Evangelion 1:01, released 29 October 2008 (in Italian): [url]http://www.dynit.it/scheda.asp?mn=3&ctl=1&iddsc=684&x=42&y=9[/url]

when I have more news on the extras and other, I post here....
byez
Last edited by Tetsuo87 on Thu Aug 27, 2009 12:43 pm, edited 3 times in total.

ath
Clockiel
Clockiel

Re: release date of Evangelion 1.11 Blu-Ray in Italy

•      
  •      

Postby ath » Thu Aug 27, 2009 8:45 am

Tetsuo87 wrote:Besides this, the same day there will be a release (from official website Dynit):
"Neon Genesis Evangelion The Feature Film - The new edition [is Revival of Evangelion NdR.] of" Death & Rebirth and The End of Evangelion, with video and audio restored DTS 5.1! limited edition with 50 page booklet about. "

for this edition a new dubbing :clap:

Wait... that means it's from Renewal and not from the old crappy Manga release (the one distributed by Panini)? I can't believe it :w00t:

I guess it will be dubbed by the same Rebuild voice actors... I didn't enjoy the 1.01 dub that much, but I guess that it will be a lot better than the Panini one :woohoo:

LiLi
Marduk Selectee
Marduk Selectee

•      
  •      

Postby LiLi » Thu Aug 27, 2009 9:26 am

^@ath: Heheh, I was about to drop you a link to this post with the happy news in my reply to that other Renewal-related thread... :kawaii: (I'm really curious about the 1.01 dub BTW).

Thank you for the news, Tetsuo87! :boingy:
"People need more stfu in their diets." (NemZ)
"It was brainf@rt at first sight." [LiLi on Romance, II]

AVATAR - CUPCAKE CAT, SHOPPED BY NemZ

ath
Clockiel
Clockiel

•      
  •      

Postby ath » Thu Aug 27, 2009 9:58 am

LiLi wrote:^@ath: Heheh, I was about to drop you a link to this post with the happy news in my reply to that other Renewal-related thread... :kawaii: (I'm really curious about the 1.01 dub BTW).

It's not bad, as much of the cast is the same as the original series, but they have grown older and have slightly different voices (this is especially noticeable with Rei, which sounds nothing like a 14-old anymore).

Expect the names to be still mangled as before (FuyutsOOki! :crybaby: )

Is Italy the first country in which the "new" Renewal-based films are released (outside of Japan, obviously)? We've also been one of the first to get 1.01, guess we're lucky after all ;)

LiLi
Marduk Selectee
Marduk Selectee

•      
  •      

Postby LiLi » Thu Aug 27, 2009 10:33 am

ath wrote:It's not bad, as much of the cast is the same as the original series, but they have grown older and have slightly different voices (this is especially noticeable with Rei, which sounds nothing like a 14-old anymore).

So is Valentina Mari still voicing Rei?

In this case, I wonder about the things she said in that interview I mentioned earlier from the Michiko and Hatchin DVD (where she plays a 9 YEARS OLD!) I had thought she was talking about her work on NGE, but now I wonder whether she was also talking about RoE 1.0...

I don't remember the exact words, but IIRC she said working on NGE hadn't been much fun, since she likes going all out with acting, but in Rei's case she wasn't, apparently, supposed to act at all - on the contrary, she had to repress herself. (I could kinda see where she's coming from there but, honestly, this made me wonder about the dub director's take on Rei...)

Is Italy the first country in which the "new" Renewal-based films are released (outside of Japan, obviously)? We've also been one of the first to get 1.01, guess we're lucky after all ;)

Well, at least the last 30-something years of Italy importing anime didn't go to waste... :lol:

:EDIT: TBH, I don't know about the international releases of Renewal...

ath
Clockiel
Clockiel

•      
  •      

Postby ath » Thu Aug 27, 2009 10:57 am

LiLi wrote:(I don't remember the exact words, but IIRC she said working on NGE hadn't been much fun, since she likes going all out with acting, but in Rei's case she wasn't, apparently, supposed to act at all - on the contrary, she had to repress herself. (I could kinda see where she's coming from there but, honestly, this made me wonder about the dub director's take on Rei...)

Well, Rei is supposed to speak like an emotionless doll, right? ;)
Her performance in the original series was usually good, only a bit of hesitation at a times. I just loved her take on the dialogue between Rei I, II and III in #25, her "three" voices where pretty convincing.

Well, at least the last 30-something years of Italy importing anime didn't go to waste! ;) Seriously though - I think a couple of Asian countries and probably Germany got it a bit earlier, but we're still in a good position! ;)

Speaking of Germany... I do remember that the D&R and EoE sold here included a German audio track. What better than a German-speaking Asuka? :toothy:

LiLi
Marduk Selectee
Marduk Selectee

•      
  •      

Postby LiLi » Thu Aug 27, 2009 11:04 am

ath wrote:Well, Rei is supposed to speak like an emotionless doll, right? ;) Her performance in the original series was usually good, only a bit of hesitation at a times. I just loved her take on the dialogue between Rei I, II and III in #25, her "three" voices where pretty convincing.

Personally, I always had fun imitating Rei's voice (I guess it's different on the job though...) :toothy:
Mmm... I guess I'll go back and rewatch 25 in Italian to appreciate that scene...

Speaking of Germany... I do remember that the D&R and EoE sold here included a German audio track. What better than a German-speaking Asuka? :toothy:

Sorry, please see my edit to the previous post - I think I was still a bit confused from the heat and the sleepiness... :rei_blush: But yep, I have those Panini DVDs (IIRC I snagged both for about 7 EUR each - it seemed acceptable) and at times I listen to the German dub just to hear Asuka talk!

BTW, I meant to ask, is there no German audio track on the 1.0 release? I saw a short trailer from the German edition and Roe!Gendo's German voice didn't sound too bad to me...

ath
Clockiel
Clockiel

•      
  •      

Postby ath » Thu Aug 27, 2009 11:32 am

LiLi wrote:Personally, I always had fun imitating Rei's voice (I guess it's different on the job though...) :toothy:

The forum awaits anxiously your Rei imitation :emogendo:

LiLi wrote:Mmm... I guess I'll go back and rewatch 25 in Italian to appreciate that scene...

Beware of a pair of stupid translation errors (at least according to the Platinum subtitles that people around there consider reliable) and that "epic" feel :p
I guess someday I'll remux my DVDs with them.

LiLi wrote:Sorry, please see my edit to the previous post - I think I was still a bit confused from the heat and the sleepiness... :rei_blush: But yep, I have those Panini DVDs (IIRC I snagged both for about 7 EUR each - it seemed acceptable) and at times I listen to the German dub just to hear Asuka talk!

Damn. I bought them some months ago for 25€ each one (I've become obsessed with NGE only recently). And that Platinum boxset wasn't cheap, either. :(
But I found Tiffany Grant's German exclamations in the English dub entertaining... too bad she seems to be hated by almost everyone on this forum.

LiLi wrote:BTW, I meant to ask, is there no German audio track on the 1.0 release? I saw a short trailer from the German edition and Roe!Gendo's German voice didn't sound too bad to me...

I haven't bought 1.01, but the one I watched from a friend only had Italian and Japanese as audio tracks. I'll probably wait for the last movie to buy the box as I'm not a real fan of Rebuild, especially after seeing what they did with 2.0...

Tetsuo87
Adam

•      
  •      

Postby Tetsuo87 » Thu Aug 27, 2009 12:19 pm

ath wrote:
LiLi wrote:Personally, I always had fun imitating Rei's voice (I guess it's different on the job though...) :toothy:

LiLi wrote:BTW, I meant to ask, is there no German audio track on the 1.0 release? I saw a short trailer from the German edition and Roe!Gendo's German voice didn't sound too bad to me...

I haven't bought 1.01, but the one I watched from a friend only had Italian and Japanese as audio tracks. I'll probably wait for the last movie to buy the box as I'm not a real fan of Rebuild, especially after seeing what they did with 2.0...

I want to hear your dubbing Rei :leekspin:

I do not want to see 2 (until it comes out in Italian, or a good quality with sub)

however, and it's official, for "The End" and "Death" will be done again with the same voice actors dubbing the series and rebuild. for two main reasons:
1. The first property is dubbed "Panini" and not Dynit (which are in competition)
2. the dubbing of Panini is the worst ever heard in the history of animation.

The problem that the voice actors are "getting older" and there are affected particularly Rei and Shinji, but I prefer to hear the voices a little more "old" people from changing their voice actors. (but the Italian voice actors are still very good)

Mr. Tines
Administrator
Administrator

•      
  •      

Postby Mr. Tines » Fri Aug 28, 2009 2:30 am

ath wrote:I'm not a real fan of Rebuild, especially after seeing what they did with 2.0...
:thumbsup:
Reminder: Play nicely <<>> My vanity publishing:- NGE|blog|Photos|retro-blog|Fanfics &c.|MAL|𝕏|🐸|🦣

LiLi
Marduk Selectee
Marduk Selectee

•      
  •      

Postby LiLi » Fri Aug 28, 2009 6:13 am

Mr. Tines wrote:
ath wrote:I'm not a real fan of Rebuild, especially after seeing what they did with 2.0...
:thumbsup:

Oh, you.

Tetsuo87 wrote:
ath wrote:

I want to hear your dubbing Rei :leekspin:

:rei_blush: Hahah, TBH I don't think I'm really good at it though... :lol: Mostly, I have fun imitating her "classic" lines from the Drama CD... :rei_hissyfit:

TBH, I guess I good part of what makes Rei's speech patterns recognizable in Japanese is the rhythm - I imagine it would probably be difficult to 'translate' that to the Italian version...

ath wrote:Damn. I bought them some months ago for 25€ each one (I've become obsessed with NGE only recently). And that Platinum boxset wasn't cheap, either.

I feel your pain... Does that mean you got the US Platinum boxset?

I do like Rebuild and I have the Japanese LE of RoE 1.0 (DVD) but I've decided to try and wait for a boxset before buying any further movies anyway because the multiple releases (cue 1.11 coming out with extra material barely a year after I got my import DVD) irk me... I'd rather wait for Anno to make up his mind on where he wants to go, cut and paste whatever he feels like doing, and THEN give him my money... :P On the other hand, who knows how long it'll take until 4.0 actually comes out? :sigh:

I do look forward to the Renewal release with booklet included though! :D

ath
Clockiel
Clockiel

•      
  •      

Postby ath » Fri Aug 28, 2009 6:45 am

Mr. Tines wrote::thumbsup:

Thanks, Tines-san. But I know I will cede to temptation and buy the entire boxset once Rebuild is finished.

LiLi wrote::rei_blush: Hahah, TBH I don't think I'm really good at it though... :lol: Mostly, I have fun imitating her "classic" lines from the Drama CD... :rei_hissyfit:

Ah, I liked "After the End" a lot. I'd love a dub ^_^

LiLi wrote:I feel your pain... Does that mean you got the US Platinum boxset?

The Italian one, which I think was actually *more* expensive than importing the US one, but the higher quality was worth it. I've listened to the English dub online, just out of curiosity.

LiLi wrote:I do like Rebuild and I have the Japanese LE of RoE 1.0 (DVD) but I've decided to try and wait for a boxset before buying any further movies anyway because the multiple releases (cue 1.11 coming out with extra material barely a year after I got my import DVD) irk me... I'd rather wait for Anno to make up his mind on where he wants to go, cut and paste whatever he feels like doing, and THEN give him my money... :P On the other hand, who knows how long it'll take until 4.0 actually comes out? :sigh:

Don't be afraid, they'll release everything for sure again in 2015/2016! :grin:
And probably they will keep releasing almost the same stuff even after that.

Sailor Star Dust
Kept you waiting, huh?
Kept you waiting, huh?

•      
  •      

Postby Sailor Star Dust » Fri Aug 28, 2009 1:27 pm

You guys get the same 1.11 Blu-Ray as Japan AND the Renewal Feature Films DVD set?! Lucky lucky! >_< If only Manga Entertainment wasn't sitting on their asses with that release....
~Take care of yourself, I need you~

ath
Clockiel
Clockiel

•      
  •      

Postby ath » Fri Aug 28, 2009 2:38 pm

Sailor Star Dust wrote:You guys get the same 1.11 Blu-Ray as Japan AND the Renewal Feature Films DVD set?! Lucky lucky! >_< If only Manga Entertainment wasn't sitting on their asses with that release....

More precisely, the old release we got here (distributed by Panini) was licensed from Manga. The new one will be distributed by Dynit, which is a licensee of the series (from ADV) since at least 2002. So there might be a slight chance that the Manga license is close to expiring even in other parts of the world...

Tetsuo87
Adam

•      
  •      

Postby Tetsuo87 » Fri Aug 28, 2009 6:05 pm

Sailor Star Dust wrote:You guys get the same 1.11 Blu-Ray as Japan AND the Renewal Feature Films DVD set?! Lucky lucky! >_< If only Manga Entertainment wasn't sitting on their asses with that release....

Yes, but not together, € 30 (42 USD) for 1.11 and another 30 € for Renewal (sold in separate boxes) but that's OK

LiLi
Marduk Selectee
Marduk Selectee

•      
  •      

Postby LiLi » Tue Oct 20, 2009 6:55 pm

It seems we have some more details for the Italian DVD edition of Revival of Evangelion here (ITA) and here (ITA).

(I checked, but didn't see these links posted here before...?)

BTW, anyone knows whether the 1.11 BluRay is confirmed for release at the end of October?

:EDIT:

1.11 BluRay release delayed to 25/02/2010?!?

ath
Clockiel
Clockiel

•      
  •      

Postby ath » Wed Oct 21, 2009 9:54 am

LiLi wrote:It seems we have some more details for the Italian DVD edition of Revival of Evangelion here (ITA) and here (ITA).

(I checked, but didn't see these links posted here before...?)

I'll buy it as soon as I can find it in a store. It looks like it has a completely new dub done by the original voice actors who worked on the series, but I wasn't terribly impressed by their recent 1.0 dub... we'll see how it goes.

LiLi wrote:1.11 BluRay release delayed to 25/02/2010?!?

Will 1.11 be available only in Blu-Ray here? I guess I'll have to wait for a BD player first, hopefully in time for 3.0/4.0 :wink:

LiLi
Marduk Selectee
Marduk Selectee

•      
  •      

Postby LiLi » Wed Oct 21, 2009 4:16 pm

ath wrote:I'll buy it as soon as I can find it in a store. It looks like it has a completely new dub done by the original voice actors who worked on the series, but I wasn't terribly impressed by their recent 1.0 dub... we'll see how it goes.

:nod: It does look like that. Wait, does it mean they brought back the first voice actor for Kaworu? It's too bad I could never really get into the Italian dub of Eva... 30 EUR is a tad overkill for something I basically already have, but if I can find it cheaper, I intend to buy it for the extras and goodies and the remastering (and because the JPN DVD case gets creepy red ink on my fingers every time I open it...) I wonder if this release will also include the Live Action AU sequence that was scrapped from EoE...

You know, I really wish we could get a chance to see EoE on the big screen...

Will 1.11 be available only in Blu-Ray here? I guess I'll have to wait for a BD player first, hopefully in time for 3.0/4.0 :wink:

TBH I don't know... I haven't heard anything about a DVD release of 1.11.

I wonder whether I'll be able to watch 3.0 and 4.0 on the big screen in Japan or they will be showing it after I finish my PhD over there! :lol:

ath
Clockiel
Clockiel

•      
  •      

Postby ath » Wed Oct 21, 2009 5:09 pm

LiLi wrote:Wait, does it mean they brought back the first voice actor for Kaworu?

Interesting... the credits for The Feature Film lists Massimiliano Alto, the same actor who voiced Kaworu in the series (and didn't work on 1.01). Damn, I loved his voice.
"Speranza? Tale sarebbe la speranza dei Lilim?"

LiLi wrote:I intend to buy it for the extras and goodies and the remastering (and because the JPN DVD case gets creepy red ink on my fingers every time I open it...) I wonder if this release will also include the Live Action AU sequence that was scrapped from EoE...

Don't be too sure about that. The Platinum Edition lacked most of the extras of Renewal (they only included the animatics, the original 30-seconds previews and some of the ADV commentaries).

LiLi wrote:You know, I really wish we could get a chance to see EoE on the big screen...

Well, HD projectors are getting cheaper ;)

I wonder whether I'll be able to watch 3.0 and 4.0 on the big screen in Japan or they will be showing it after I finish my PhD over there! :lol:

Lucky you ;)
(but thinking about that, I guess I wouldn't be able to understand almost anything in a Japanese-only screening...)

Tetsuo87
Adam

•      
  •      

Postby Tetsuo87 » Sun Nov 01, 2009 3:24 am

yesterday was a press conference in Lucca of Dynit, Carlo Cavazzoni also talked about the BD release of Eva. Fabrizio Mazzotta Dubbing director has confirmed the completion of its work on new material (3 minutes!) And blames the delay to the fact that the erroneous material came from Japan. eva for now remains the only title in BD

edit 01/04/2010:

the date of distribution of BluRay has been postponed to April 21, 2010 caused, as explained by Carlo Cavazzoni at "Lucca Comics", the delay of materials from Japan. specifications of BD it is available here in italian or here in English

Return to “Rebuild of Evangelion Discussion”