WTF is yer avatar & sig from?! (c)

Old sticky threads from different subfora are preserved here for easy reference

Moderators: Rebuild/OT Moderators, Board Staff

Synapsid
Pilot
Pilot

Postby Synapsid » Wed Aug 26, 2009 1:59 am

Mr. Tines wrote:None of the above. You're not thinking outside the box here...
Outside of the box? If it's not Shin, Misato or Maya (and probably not Yui, dyed Rei or undyed Rits) then who is it Is it? Is the mystery figure even from eva?

Axell wrote:Went for something a bit manlier. Who knew Gendo was so built
Hm? I think his initial impression kind of conveyed that; he's got a large bodyguard type build, which makes Shin look all the more vulnerable near him.
oOoOoOo wrote:That's going to involve a lamb sacrifice, or two goats. Ah, sunglasses make me evil! ^_^
Goats you say? Maybe glasses aren’t for you after all :chair: ...I mean they aren’t a bad look (-_-; the gloves are something else) but aren’t sacrifices a risky thing, especially if they’re being used to feed souls? I’m very flattered to be part of the trinity...but I’m undeserving, there’s no way I could be on the same level as the two of you...thanks for feeding my ego though :blush:
Soljer13 wrote:too late.... CANNOT UNSEE. I could gouge out my frontal lobe...
Well of course you could and it wouldn’t help, but the frontal lobe doesn't have anything to do with your sight, (theoretically you could always gouge your occipital for sight and aim at the limbic/temporal for the image memory)...but I think that this trauma is something you'll have to live with :shinji_boohoo:
oOoOoOo wrote:^^; I do everything. I've been a jock, an outcast, a gamer, a stoner, a popular girl, a bookworm, an academic, an artist, etc. I like boys, I like girls, I like everything in-between. I seize life by the balls, I knife life in the box. ^^;
Artist includes Author as one of the roles, right Oneesan? :tongue: You really did distill it all into the best short description, especially with the last sentence. Oneesan doesn't seem to be one for mincing words
Soljer13 wrote:Im more freaked out by a woman posting the words knife and balls in the same sentence.....
^_^ Hmm, what exactly are you implying? You were letting your mind wonder again weren't you?
It's a trap!|Saigo no shisha seitenkan
Genderbending is an important part of any fandom and must be taken very seriously. ZapalacX
If you ever say that name again, I will hunt you down and neuter you with a spork. Sailor Star Dust *cue Shinji's bloodcurling girly scream* LiLi
leave my innocent Shinjiko thread alone! Reichu Asuka would be the one going "SURPRISE BUTTSEKS, BAKA!!!!" while of course in appropriate dress and, *cough, gulp, snort*, with a certain strapped on accessory THE Hal E. Burton 9000

Mr. Tines
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Mr. Tines » Wed Aug 26, 2009 2:15 am

Synapsid wrote:Outside of the box? If it's not Shin, Misato or Maya (and probably not Yui, dyed Rei or undyed Rits) then who is it Is it? Is the mystery figure even from eva?
Kaji-kun -- who else has a pony-tail? OK, not as common as Gendo/Kozo, but what crack pairing hasn't been drawn?
Reminder: Play nicely <<>> My vanity publishing:- NGE|blog|Photos|retro-blog|Fanfics &c.|MAL|𝕏|🐸|🦣

LiLi
Marduk Selectee
Marduk Selectee

Postby LiLi » Wed Aug 26, 2009 2:24 am

Mr. Tines wrote:Kaji-kun -- who else has a pony-tail? OK, not as common as Gendo/Kozo, but what crack pairing hasn't been drawn?

Hahah! I knew it! :thumbsup:

@Axell: :clap:

@Synapsid-kyun:
Join the White Side... we have marshmallows! ;)
"People need more stfu in their diets." (NemZ)
"It was brainf@rt at first sight." [LiLi on Romance, II]

AVATAR - CUPCAKE CAT, SHOPPED BY NemZ

ath
Clockiel
Clockiel

Postby ath » Wed Aug 26, 2009 5:05 am

FreakyFilmFan4ever wrote:You were just asking for it... :ting:

I knew that someone would find it, sooner or later. She said somewhere that the plugsuit was a present from a fan... :toothy:

oOoOoOo
Nerv Scientist
Nerv Scientist

Postby oOoOoOo » Wed Aug 26, 2009 5:52 am

No, Syn-chan, your sensei does not mince words. Unless she's in a moment of rare self-conscious vulnerability. >_>

And thanks for posting the link to the Asuka corpse. I remember it now, I just couldn't tell because of PRPD-kun's weird green effects. But let's be honest, I'm more disturbed by Tiffany Grant's voice than I am disturbed by maggots eating Asuka's face. First time I saw the dub, I was all like, "Yeah, Shin-chan, I'd choke her, too."

Lili-chan wrote:Join the White Side... we have marshmallows!
Ah~ you rile me up. ^_^ Gooooo team~
~ O-chan is soooo 2D right now.

sean_sean_sean_sean
Tunniel
Tunniel

Postby sean_sean_sean_sean » Wed Aug 26, 2009 6:16 am

!?

That maggot-ridden-Asuka-corpse isn't actually in the film, is it?

LiLi
Marduk Selectee
Marduk Selectee

Postby LiLi » Wed Aug 26, 2009 6:42 am

Sure she is, Charlie Brown! :kaos_teehee:

ath
Clockiel
Clockiel

Postby ath » Wed Aug 26, 2009 6:50 am

Frame-stepping is your friend ;)

sean_sean_sean_sean
Tunniel
Tunniel

Postby sean_sean_sean_sean » Wed Aug 26, 2009 7:06 am

Sure she is, Charlie Brown! :kaos_teehee:

:sniffle: ... I feel stupid...

Frame-stepping is your friend

Oh! You mean it is in the film?

I'm confused...

LiLi
Marduk Selectee
Marduk Selectee

Postby LiLi » Wed Aug 26, 2009 7:08 am

No, I mean it seriously, SeanSean: she is in the movie!!!

Would I ever make fun of you over something that horrible? ;_;

(Sorry if that came out weird in the first place, Engrish language first mine not is... :blush:)

sean_sean_sean_sean
Tunniel
Tunniel

Postby sean_sean_sean_sean » Wed Aug 26, 2009 7:15 am

Ah, don't worry, Lili! My reading comprehension is just terrible :grin:

(Sorry if that came out weird in the first place, Engrish language first mine not is... :blush: )

Your English is great :thumbsup:

'SeanSean', hehehe ^_^
Last edited by sean_sean_sean_sean on Wed Aug 26, 2009 7:38 am, edited 2 times in total.

Oz
Finland Miracle
Finland Miracle

Postby Oz » Wed Aug 26, 2009 7:36 am

I discovered that maggot-ridden Asuka picture only recently and I only found out about it because Xard sent me the damn snapshot. Certainly nightmare-inducing.

By the way, LiLi, your English is great. That's my opinion, based on your posts in the past 4 weeks.

The avatars are getting funnier each day. I'm probably the only one laughing at this, but Xard's newest avatar made me burst into laughter. :boingy:
"I'd really like to have as much money as you have, Oz" - robersora
"No you wouldn't. Oz's secret is he goes without food to buy that stuff. He hasn't eaten in years." - Brikhaus

"Often I get the feeling that deep down, your little girl is struggling with your embrace of filmfaggotry and your loldeep fixations, and the conflict that arises from such a contradiction is embodied pretty well in Kureha's character. But obviously it's not any sort of internal conflict that makes the analogy work. It's the pigtails." - Merridian
"Oh, Oz, I fear I'm losing my filmfag to the depths of Japanese pop. If only there were more films with Japanese girls in glow-in-the-dark costumes you'd be the David Bordwell of that genre." - Jimbo
"Oz, I think we need to stage an intervention and force you to watch some movies that aren't made in Japan." - Trajan

oOoOoOo
Nerv Scientist
Nerv Scientist

Postby oOoOoOo » Wed Aug 26, 2009 7:40 am

Lili-chan, your Rei avatar looks Italian with those shades. ^_^

ath
Clockiel
Clockiel

Postby ath » Wed Aug 26, 2009 7:56 am

oOoOoOo wrote:Lili-chan, your Rei avatar looks Italian with those shades. ^_^

:toothy:

LiLi
Marduk Selectee
Marduk Selectee

Postby LiLi » Wed Aug 26, 2009 8:25 am

sean_sean_sean_sean wrote:Your English is great :thumbsup:

'SeanSean', hehehe ^_^

Thank you! :kaos_victory:

Can I call you SeanSean? :grin:
It feels... bouncy :boingy:

Oz wrote:I discovered that maggot-ridden Asuka picture only recently

Can we call her Maggie? :grin:

By the way, LiLi, your English is great. That's my opinion, based on your posts in the past 4 weeks.

Thank you, Oz! (Any relation to the famous Wizard?)

The avatars are getting funnier each day.

Agreed. BTW, Is that you behind those GendoGlasses(TM), OZ?

ath wrote:

:toothy:

Taking over this board, one post at a time! ;)

O-sensei, ironically, my eyewear features photochromatic lenses IRL, due to some sort of photophobia (even the basic hue is a tad darker than usual).

I'm afraid Rei will soon have to go out for a while to get a new pair of Italian brand gloves... but there are replacements... ;)
Last edited by LiLi on Wed Aug 26, 2009 8:30 am, edited 4 times in total.

schismatics
Potential Pilot
Potential Pilot

Postby schismatics » Wed Aug 26, 2009 8:27 am

LiLi wrote:Can we call her Maggie? :grin:

Oh you silly. :lol:

Oz
Finland Miracle
Finland Miracle

Postby Oz » Wed Aug 26, 2009 8:52 am

LiLi wrote:(Any relation to the famous Wizard?)

:toothy: Actually no, but my nickname's history certainly comes from moving pictures. The title comes from the TV-show Oz which is the name of the prison in which the whole show takes place.

LiLi wrote:Is that you behind those GendoGlasses(TM), OZ?

I wish it was. My avatar is a combination of Marcello Mastorianni's character in 8½, Guido, and Gendo. Funny that you mention it because Xard changed his avatar from Freudendo to Xardendo. I guess I should try to do that someday. ;)

It only needs a moustache now and it would totally look like an Italian person.
"No you wouldn't. Oz's secret is he goes without food to buy that stuff. He hasn't eaten in years." - Brikhaus

"Often I get the feeling that deep down, your little girl is struggling with your embrace of filmfaggotry and your loldeep fixations, and the conflict that arises from such a contradiction is embodied pretty well in Kureha's character. But obviously it's not any sort of internal conflict that makes the analogy work. It's the pigtails." - Merridian
"Oh, Oz, I fear I'm losing my filmfag to the depths of Japanese pop. If only there were more films with Japanese girls in glow-in-the-dark costumes you'd be the David Bordwell of that genre." - Jimbo
"Oz, I think we need to stage an intervention and force you to watch some movies that aren't made in Japan." - Trajan

Joseph the PRPD
Elder God
Elder God

Postby Joseph the PRPD » Wed Aug 26, 2009 9:10 am

schismatics wrote:
LiLi wrote:Can we call her Maggie? :grin:

Oh you silly. :lol:

Shall I put Gendo and Maggie? :toothy:
Last edited by Joseph the PRPD on Sat Oct 31, 2009 11:36 am, edited 1 time in total.
Cheese wheel in the U.S. Coast Guard.

Oz
Finland Miracle
Finland Miracle

Postby Oz » Wed Aug 26, 2009 9:24 am

Oz wrote:
LiLi wrote:Is that you behind those GendoGlasses(TM), OZ?

I wish it was. My avatar is a combination of Marcello Mastorianni's character in 8½, Guido, and Gendo.

UPDATE: I went and did it - that's me behind the Gendo's trademark glasses and gloves.

oOoOoOo
Nerv Scientist
Nerv Scientist

Postby oOoOoOo » Wed Aug 26, 2009 10:15 am

Oz wrote:It only needs a moustache now and it would totally look like an Italian person.
Yeah, an Italian man. Lili-chan is actually Italian. She probably looks exactly like Rei wearing Gendo sunglasses. Hot hot~

Return to “Old Stickies”