Evangelion ANIMA (general)

For talking about all other entries in the Evangelion franchise: from the various manga and video games to merchandising and various video/audio releases.

Moderator: Board Staff

Forum rules
By visiting this forum, you agree to read the rules for discussion and abide by them.
TMBounty_Hunter
Hachigouki is my waifu
Hachigouki is my waifu

•      
  •      

Postby TMBounty_Hunter » Thu Jul 23, 2009 8:33 pm

ORIGINAL POST:

not the recent merch, but something else quite useful.

December 2007 issue with interview with Yamashita previewing ANIMA:

http://www.mresources.info/Eva_stuff/Ev ... 12_RAW.rar

If Yamashita's writing kills people, can somone at least TL the interviews where he hopefully talks like a normal person?

NEW POST:

And here's the full August batch:

http://www.mresources.info/Eva_stuff/Ev ... 08_RAW.rar

enjoy the toys and models

ANOTHER NEW POST BECAUSE NOONE ELSE IS POSTING BECAUSE NOONE ELSE BUT ME CARES ABOUT THIS BAAAAAAAAAAWWWWWWWWWW:

In the morning SSD was kind enough to point THIS out on irc. Not a full chapter, but hey at least it's SOMETHING, and for such a small pile of text it sure solved one of the mysteries. Rei-bits = awesome. I wonder if the loli one is like that too...

So once again I get on my knees and implore all the people with the knowledge of the moon-language, can you at least do the little summaries on each cover page? It doesn't seem like the OMFG YAMASHITA RUUUUUUUUUUUUUN type since 3 of them already got translated (this one straight to english, 2 to spanish then to english (actually after some googling there's quite a bit more in spanish...)), and they've been quite useful.

This also brings us to the next bit of good ANIMA news of today, new first page has been scanned and on it we have someone we haven't seen in exactly one year :D

Note the Eva unit number on the plugsuit

Also in the background: "Eva Euro II"

WHAT
"Hooray for other things!" -NAveryW

I Accidentally Dracula
Banned

•      
  •      

Postby I Accidentally Dracula » Fri Jul 24, 2009 10:36 pm

TMBounty_Hunter wrote:*picture*

Well Rebuild officially no longer exists to me.

I think I'm going to hang out here now.
"I was God once."
-"Yes, I saw. You were doing well until everyone died."

Gendo'sPapa
Committeeperson
Committeeperson

•      
  •      

Postby Gendo'sPapa » Sun Jul 26, 2009 11:05 pm

You gotta wonder if they reach a point where every person in Japan under the age of 15 (nay 17-20 in this spinoff) has their own personal Evangelion.

As for why Kaworu's on the cover? Simple. He's like vermin. He'll NEVER DIE.

BattleMonkey
Leliel
Leliel

•      
  •      

Postby BattleMonkey » Mon Jul 27, 2009 8:18 am

Why does crap like Ikari raising project get translated and not this?

chee
EGF Hate Machine
EGF Hate Machine

•      
  •      

Postby chee » Tue Aug 11, 2009 6:39 pm

BattleMonkey wrote:Why does crap like Ikari raising project get translated and not this?

trueno_twentyone
Matarael
Matarael

•      
  •      

Postby trueno_twentyone » Thu Aug 13, 2009 7:12 pm

BattleMonkey wrote:Why does crap like Ikari raising project get translated and not this?

it's not crap, it's cute.

TMBounty_Hunter
Hachigouki is my waifu
Hachigouki is my waifu

•      
  •      

Postby TMBounty_Hunter » Fri Aug 14, 2009 10:12 pm

trueno_twentyone wrote:

badass > cute

September 2009 chapter at the usual place
http://www.mresources.info/Eva_stuff/

it's kinda starting to bother me that after all these chapters we still haven't seen Shinji's plugsuit or him in the cockpit of the Super Eva. fanservice with the chicks in plugsuits is nice and all, but they should at least cover all the pilots when it comes to tech :\

A question to the supreme and all powerful admins of the forum: is it possible for me to hijack this thread by one of you inserting me as the first, or if not possible the second post where I can keep all the info up to date? the wiki is fine for actual ANIMA info, but not so much for keeping people informed about what's the progress on raws/enslaving translators/links/etc.

EDIT: Eva Euro II, Nerv German Branch, lots of dialoge in this chapter

Sailor Star Dust
Kept you waiting, huh?
Kept you waiting, huh?

•      
  •      

Postby Sailor Star Dust » Fri Aug 14, 2009 10:18 pm

Poor Shinji always gets the shaft: with merchandising, and with this, apparently.

I'm not surprised, but it sucks! >_< Gah.
~Take care of yourself, I need you~

TMBounty_Hunter
Hachigouki is my waifu
Hachigouki is my waifu

•      
  •      

Postby TMBounty_Hunter » Tue Aug 25, 2009 9:42 am

shitting bricks as I'm posting this

SPOILER: Show
Kaji with Keel's visor what the shit

chee
EGF Hate Machine
EGF Hate Machine

•      
  •      

Postby chee » Tue Aug 25, 2009 9:52 am

Oh, that's just Nega-Kaji. He steals my milk every now and then.

Riotgear
Adam

•      
  •      

Postby Riotgear » Tue Sep 01, 2009 5:55 am

Huh. I didn't see that coming. As always, thank you so much TMBH - I always look forward to your latest batch of scans, and I too wish there was a translation group out there interested in Anima (wouldn't think that'd be a problem) and skilled enough to tackle it (that's the issue, it seems) so that we could finally read the thing.

After ages we got to see that plethora of images of white prototype parts become the finalised Gigangelion model, and similarly it looks like we'll finally see an even older thing become something solid - those 3D, CG model shots have, after so long, spawned this model (WARNING: there is another model pictured further down that page that is a potential spoiler for Rebuild 2.0 - it's a recreation of the image adorning the theatrical leaflet). Should look good when we see a painted version.

BattleMonkey
Leliel
Leliel

•      
  •      

Postby BattleMonkey » Tue Sep 01, 2009 10:56 pm

trueno_twentyone wrote:

Cute generic love triangle with no end crap. Better?

TMBounty_Hunter
Hachigouki is my waifu
Hachigouki is my waifu

•      
  •      

Postby TMBounty_Hunter » Wed Sep 16, 2009 9:01 pm

Glorious illustration in this chapter of yet another Eva infected with Enigma Parts trying to beat Shinji's ass.

SPOILER: Show

Full chapter along with the merchandise pages:
http://www.mresources.info/Eva_stuff/Ev ... 10_RAW.rar

WARNING SOME OF THE MERCHANDISE IS SPOILERS FOR REBUILD 2.0

In other news, wild translators have appeared. I found one on /m/, but his priority is another project, so he'll only work on this when he has spare time in his spare time. Coincidentally, a few days later, on #egf The Imperialist also volunteered his translation services. We'll see where things go from here, I don't expect a lightning fast flood of translations, but they should be coming within a reasonable time.

Riotgear
Adam

•      
  •      

Postby Riotgear » Fri Sep 18, 2009 4:42 am

That truly is an awesome picture. I'm assuming that this enigma-part infected Eva is the "Eva Euro II" - a separate entity from the original 02, but based on it. It sports the look of the classic Eva-02, different to both the upgraded, red-colored "Super Eva" 02 and its silver-colored "Allegorica" permutation (I am assuming here that Allegorica is a refitted 02 rather than its own separate being ala Armaros. Even though Allegorica's face is different in design to Super Eva-02. Hmm..). It [Euro II] also has little 'wings' on it feet that are present on neither normal 02 nor Allegorica. In the previous chapter, there was a picture of these winged feet descending in front of Eva-01 ('Euro II' appears in katakana above that pic, as well). I wonder if Hikari is inside it at this time.

So if I follow correctly, the list of Evangelions present in Anima is as follows:
- Eva-00 > "Super Eva" 00, plus its [three?] clones floating about in space
- Eva-01 > "Super Eva" 01
- Eva-02 > "Super Eva" 02 > Allegorica
- The Mass Production "Angel Carriers"
- Armaros (Anima's equivalent of Rebuild's Eva-06)
- Eva Euro-02 (seemingly a clone of Eva-02)
I would assume that we also have Euro-00 and Euro-01s.

Seeing as all the angels have been defeated I guess that it's only logical that all of the battles seem to involve Evas infected by the enigma parts. I wonder what the deal was with the Angel Carriers - that spider egg looking thing they carried in their gut... what was that exactly? I remember that little sketch that had a mechanical looking arm reaching out of it. I was always hoping that new angels would spawn from them, haha.

Wild translators have appeared?! We need haxcloned Master Balls, stat! Great job man - even if we just get a little here and there any amount of translated material we get is going to be exciting. I look forward to it, but will try to be patient :D

bogusman
Tunniel
Tunniel

•      
  •      

Postby bogusman » Tue Sep 22, 2009 12:28 pm

I hope reveoltech will soon release anima super eva units :smirk:
Yea...

TMBounty_Hunter
Hachigouki is my waifu
Hachigouki is my waifu

•      
  •      

Postby TMBounty_Hunter » Fri Sep 25, 2009 2:11 pm

TITTIES!

yes, titties

also apperently an actual logo

EDIT: Super Evangelion Color Prototype Arrival?
I guess that means the toy they've been working on for a billion years that's only been shown so far as a polygon model and a rapid-prototyping piece in that last issue.

Might as well throw this in for hilarity's sake, from the rough draft of the first chapter:

Asuka grabbed a cooling pack from her beloved cycle's side bag and entered the watermelon field. She first made a "where are you looking?" sign at Shinji, who was staring at her one-piece dress, and quickly turned to Misato and saluted.

"Your Excellency Major General, with regards to the enhancement equipment I reported about before, I would like to ask your permission to..."

"OK, that's enough. And what's with you calling me "major general", anyway?"

"Itchy, aren't we? We kids are mean, don't you know. Here, have a snack."

"I don't like kids growing up taller than me... hey, well done, you mutt. Your boobs grew again while I wasn't looking.."

"I said I was getting tired of hearing you talking about my boobs!"

Mr. Tines
Administrator
Administrator

•      
  •      

Postby Mr. Tines » Fri Sep 25, 2009 3:18 pm

TMBounty_Hunter wrote:TITTIES!
Makes a change from loli-Rei
Reminder: Play nicely <<>> My vanity publishing:- NGE|blog|Photos|retro-blog|Fanfics &c.|MAL|𝕏|🐸|🦣

NemZ
Token Misanthrope
Token Misanthrope

•      
  •      

Postby NemZ » Fri Sep 25, 2009 5:29 pm

Indeed.

I have no idea what's going on here, but I find it -far- more interesting than the endless waff parades.
Rest In Peace ~ 1978 - 2017
"I'd consider myself a realist, alright? but in philosophical terms I'm what's called a pessimist. It means I'm bad at parties." - Rust Cohle
"Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize that half of 'em are stupider than that." - George Carlin
"The internet: It's like a training camp for never amounting to anything." - Oglaf
"I think internet message boards and the like are dangerous." - Anno

04choiy
Embryo

Re: Evangelion ANIMA

•      
  •      

Postby 04choiy » Sun Oct 04, 2009 11:21 pm

TMBounty_Hunter wrote:
※This story, in which the Human Instrumentality Project from episodes 25 and 26 of the anime production "Neon Genesis Evangelion" is never set in motion, is a work portraying a world where Shinji Ikari and the others greet an alternate future.

Main info here: http://wiki.evageeks.org/Evangelion_Anima

This post will be used for scans, links and hopefully translation updates.

Raws are always about 2 weeks behind when they come out in Japan (usually 24 to 26th of each month), available here:
http://www.mresources.info/Eva_stuff/

I will be OCRing and adding the original Japanese text to the wiki as fast as my eyes and attention span allow.

If you are awesome enough to translate this, please to PM, post in this thread, or email me at tmbounty(dot)hunter(at)gmail(dot)com.
All this project needs is a translator and possible translation checkers, everything else like photoshoping is already taken care of.

Last updated with October 2009 raws.

EDIT: this thread was made so that the old one can be stitched to it and the first post is actually informative

Well here I go....

-------------------------------------------------------------

Story: From the Starting point
Thanks to the works of Kaji Ryoji, member of the NERV's Special Info unit, ZEELE's planned invasion of NERV's Japan branch was discovered in advance. Also the truth behind the Human Instrumentality project shocked the U.N and the Japaese Governement os much that it called off the invasion of NERV's base. However the spies and agents that had infiltrated bothe of the organizations caused complete chaos within the U.N and the Jap Gov. As a result, reinforcements and funds for NERV were postponed indefinately, so NERV was placed in a situation in which it had to prepare on its own for the mass invasion by ZEELE that was to come. At the centre of the ZEELE's forces that is predicted to invade NERV were 5 or more Mass-Produced- Evas, first started at china's NERV branch and which had been lost in contact after construction. Also, there is an alarming possiblity that the M.P.Evas are armed Anti-/Versus-Eva equipments by ZEELE's secret technology which NERV's not informed of. The Eva(s) currently operational in NERV's base were EVA 1, Eva 0 was still in reconstruction, and Eva 2's pilots condition was questionable. The gap in strength between ZEELE and NERV was clear. The TYPE -F Eva- AT field deflective-concentration control test unit, once officially grounded by ZEELE's authority, was quickly being readied for battle: Even in the extreme situations Shinji's were doing their best.

----------------------------------------------------------------

Phew... well I'm a high school student living on South Korea and I have some interests in ANIMA, I not a fluent Japanese speaker; I got the Japenese to korean translation and am trying the Korean to English trans so there may/ should be some/quite a lot of Errors...hmph.....T.T but I don't think it wil cause any difference in the actual story...
Well, I maybe able to translate and type this in about once a week (Korean high school students stay in school til 10pm....) but I'll try to type in more often...

PS. and I'm not familiar with..um..these qoute thingamujigs so sorry if this goes up somewhere where it is not suppose to..
Last edited by 04choiy on Mon Oct 05, 2009 8:26 am, edited 1 time in total.

04choiy
Embryo

Re: Evangelion ANIMA

•      
  •      

Postby 04choiy » Sun Oct 04, 2009 11:42 pm

-------------------------------
Polluted-Battle Area- Early summer
Asuka entred hte polluted area in the tuned Town cycle, it was quite refreshing to be driving through the early morning air, but all that could be seen around her was a wasteland, which once used to be a rich forest. Asuka looked around, shielding her eyes from the sunlight, caught a blink from the Optic sensors.
Working 24-7 Mr AI sensor- She smiled lightly at the the Self-Defense Force's strict securtiy policies. The AI sensor would have just lasor-scanned her and confirmed her as one of the "Children"
The purpose of today's outing was 'Patrolling the watermelon fields'
'Him'-She thought about hte situations that just didn't make sense-' Why is he copying Kaji? Well, yeah, it doesn't matter but...wait what am I thinking..'
Ikari Shinji's been growing Kaji's watermelons since last year.
There was no worry of anybody ruinning the fields, this was once part of the area that was blood-stained by the Eva and the Self-Defense Forces and also the rumours of a "pollution" kept anybody from entering.
Shinji stopped watering and looked out at the mountains, the ridges that had changed due to the violence of man and Angel's. he caught a glimpse of a silluete of a gigantic stone wall- the place where the late Geofront was.
The stone wall/dome/coffin, made from high-density, heavy duty insulators kept the interior in a high-vacuum, low energy state. So that the "thing" inside doesn't go berserk for reasons unknown

3 years ago..Shinji started to once again recall the event...I've been resetted...

-------------------------------------------------

phew....
From the school I.T. room....

Return to “Everything Else Evangelion”