Evangelion 2.22, BD/DVD

Discussion of the new series of Evangelion movies ( "Evangelion Shin Gekijōban", meaning "Evangelion: New Theatrical Edition"). The final instalment made its debut in Japan on March 8, 2021.

Moderators: Rebuild/OT Moderators, Board Staff

Forum rules
By visiting this forum, you agree to read the rules for discussion.
OKdesuKA
Tunniel
Tunniel

•      
  •      

Postby OKdesuKA » Sat Jul 18, 2009 5:51 pm

Pretty sure Funimation will follow up on it, just the matter of when..

Heromaster111
Ramiel
Ramiel

•      
  •      

Postby Heromaster111 » Sat Jul 18, 2009 7:26 pm

Reichu wrote:
Heromaster111 wrote:I'm hoping the BD has english subs

The Japanese release? It won't.

It's more hopeful thinking than anything but I'm hoping because the showing in Bonn has them maybe just maybe the BD will have them. But I don't have hopes too high considering 1.0 had a showing with them too and nothing came of that. Looks like tho I'll never be able to take advantage of US and JP sharing same region :sniffle:

thefeelingofikarishinji
Embryo

•      
  •      

Postby thefeelingofikarishinji » Sun Jul 19, 2009 4:31 pm

Timstuff wrote:Aren't 3.0 and Final going to be the same movie, split into two 45 minute volumes (thus making Final "3.5")? If that's the case, I see no reason to expect that there will be a two year gap. I'm with Gendo's Papa in expecting that 3.0 will be in summer 2010, and 4.0 will be in late 2010 or spring/summer 2011.

Only 45 minutes each; then what is the point of making them two separate films? Certainly there is enough material to make them three hours each; Ganax better not be such cheapskates.
It's difficult to live with people if you're fatuous; you'll understand that once you discover that you're ruined.

schismatics
Potential Pilot
Potential Pilot

•      
  •      

Postby schismatics » Sun Jul 19, 2009 4:34 pm

thefeelingofikarishinji wrote:
Certainly there is enough material to make them three hours each; Khara better not be such cheapskates.

fixed

Gendo'sPapa
Committeeperson
Committeeperson

•      
  •      

Postby Gendo'sPapa » Sun Jul 19, 2009 4:43 pm

I was just throwing out release ideas. Nothing with any proof.

The interesting thing is while Evangelion 1.0 + 2.0 seem to have covered about 70% of the entire story already, the idea of two full length films remaining might feel IMPRACTICAL, it's not at all IMPOSSIBLE.

With any luck someone at Khara before the year is done will clear this whole scenario up. Until then , the debate continues.

Anywho, I'd be so happy to see 2.0 hit home video before 2010. Eva 1.0 took a little less than 8 months to hit DVD with 1.01. If they followed that schedule then 2.0(1) would release in mid-February. But the idea of releasing it two months sooner is not an out there idea at all. Very possible I'd say.

Reichu
Admin Emeritus
Admin Emeritus

•      
  •      

Postby Reichu » Sun Jul 19, 2009 5:45 pm

Take the "3.0/4.0 one movie or no?" stuff here:

http://forum.evageeks.org/viewtopic.php?t=7022

Thanks.
さらば、全てのEvaGeeks。
「滅びの運命は新生の喜びでもある」
Departure Message | The Arqa Apocrypha: An Evangelion Analysis Blog

TMSIDR
Embryo

•      
  •      

Postby TMSIDR » Tue Jul 21, 2009 9:31 am

Heromaster111 wrote:
Reichu wrote:
Heromaster111 wrote:I'm hoping the BD has english subs

The Japanese release? It won't.

It's more hopeful thinking than anything but I'm hoping because the showing in Bonn has them maybe just maybe the BD will have them. But I don't have hopes too high considering 1.0 had a showing with them too and nothing came of that. Looks like tho I'll never be able to take advantage of US and JP sharing same region :sniffle:

Evangelion 1.0 was shown with English subtitles last year at the Animotion Festival and at the Fantasy Film Festival, but still no subtitles on the DVD and Blu-ray, so the chances are very slim.
"You're thinking in Japanese aren't you? If you must think, do it in German!" ~ Asuka

Ornette
Administrator
Administrator

•      
  •      

Postby Ornette » Tue Jul 21, 2009 9:37 am

A bit more on this front. This person dug a little more into the entry on Amazon: http://muhootsaver.tistory.com/entry/About-Evangelion-20-Blu-ray-being-on-Amazons-notify-list

Gamer_2k4
Israfel
Israfel

•      
  •      

Postby Gamer_2k4 » Wed Jul 22, 2009 12:59 am

I have to say, I'm really excited for the BD release of Rebuild 2.0. I had expected to wait at least six months for just the DVD...who knows? Maybe I can get a decent quality version even sooner than that! =D
Gamer_2k4

trueno_twentyone
Matarael
Matarael

•      
  •      

Postby trueno_twentyone » Thu Jul 23, 2009 9:56 pm

If RoE 2.0 will be released later this year of early next year, i am happy with that.

say, if you guys have the official DVD, don't forget to share your blessing.
as the saying goes: "sharing is caring."

so can someone rip it and share it with the entire EvaGeek community, i'd appreciate it very much.

just so you know, it's hard getting original DVD's of anime here in the Philippines.
one dvd costs about 500 pesos, which converting it to dollars with the exchange rate of 1 USD=50 PHP
you get...almost 10 USD.

Ornette
Administrator
Administrator

•      
  •      

Postby Ornette » Thu Jul 23, 2009 10:00 pm

It doesn't matter how much DVD costs locally. If anyone is getting it, they're importing it from Japan, so it doesn't matter where you're buying it from. The LE 1.0 DVD was about $50 with shipping. There isn't going to be any "sharing" going on in this forum. You'd have to find your own way of obtaining illegal copies.

trueno_twentyone
Matarael
Matarael

•      
  •      

Postby trueno_twentyone » Thu Jul 23, 2009 10:10 pm

about the illegal copy... i've suddenly remember the camrip copy of RoE 2.0.
there is a famous saying here: "movie yesterday, dvd today."

[smilie train, ugh]

anyway, hope i can get a job and save up in order to buy the original HD version of the series and the original RoE DVD's...
i wonder how much that would cost?
i'd better start doing my resume and all.

RamblinEvaFan
Embryo

Time-table for 2.0 DVD release?

•      
  •      

Postby RamblinEvaFan » Tue Jul 28, 2009 12:41 am

Is there any even preliminary info on when we can expect to see 2.0 domestically released on DVD (offically)?

I know 1.0 was released 2+ years ago and we're only now getting it. Are we going to have to wait another 2+ years just to have 2.0 released in US markets?

Is there a reason why 1.0 took so long to port? I know anime could, in theory be ported easily within a few months of relase in Japan, so I know there must be some kind of rights issues or (perhaps) lack of market demand.

Anyone know where one could get news on the progression of this and evenutally 3.0 and 4.0 news as well? (with respect to US release time-tables).

Reichu
Admin Emeritus
Admin Emeritus

•      
  •      

Postby Reichu » Tue Jul 28, 2009 12:49 am

If somebody around here had information like this all along, shame on them for keeping it to themselves.

My old fogey feeling is that you might as well get directly involved in the industry, Ramblin.
さらば、全てのEvaGeeks。
「滅びの運命は新生の喜びでもある」
Departure Message | The Arqa Apocrypha: An Evangelion Analysis Blog

LiLi
Marduk Selectee
Marduk Selectee

•      
  •      

Postby LiLi » Tue Jul 28, 2009 2:46 am

It's strange, it seems the USA will get the 1.0 DVD much later than some European countries... Even though, US is getting the theater showings, whereas I'm not sure which European countries, if any - aside from the preview showing in Germany - have been getting that so far.
"People need more stfu in their diets." (NemZ)
"It was brainf@rt at first sight." [LiLi on Romance, II]

AVATAR - CUPCAKE CAT, SHOPPED BY NemZ

Ramiel²
Ramiel
Ramiel

•      
  •      

Postby Ramiel² » Tue Jul 28, 2009 6:34 am

Indeed, for 1.0 there was only 1 or 2 showings in germany ,which i missed.
And on the other hand, the french and the USA get the whole package.

Well..no choice but to buy a home cinema system i think?^^

just kidding im fine with realeasind the dvd much earlier then the rest of the non jap. world.

My only hope is to manage to see 3.0/4.0 an movie screen.

Heromaster111
Ramiel
Ramiel

•      
  •      

Postby Heromaster111 » Tue Jul 28, 2009 8:11 am

Ramiel² wrote:just kidding im fine with realeasind the dvd much earlier then the rest of the non jap. world.

Subtle bastard lol

iamsolidsnake
Embryo

Re: Time-table for 2.0 DVD release?

•      
  •      

Postby iamsolidsnake » Fri Jul 31, 2009 8:00 pm

RamblinEvaFan wrote:Is there any even preliminary info on when we can expect to see 2.0 domestically released on DVD (offically)?

I know 1.0 was released 2+ years ago and we're only now getting it. Are we going to have to wait another 2+ years just to have 2.0 released in US markets?

Is there a reason why 1.0 took so long to port? I know anime could, in theory be ported easily within a few months of relase in Japan, so I know there must be some kind of rights issues or (perhaps) lack of market demand.

Anyone know where one could get news on the progression of this and evenutally 3.0 and 4.0 news as well? (with respect to US release time-tables).

HEY! YOU'RE FROM MY STATE!

Word on the street was it was all rights talk, looking for a distributor and what not. Hopefully, since funi got the rights for rebuild 1.0, they'll have first bid on the contracts for the other films, and we'll see a much easier transition into our backyards. Nothing's ever guaranteed though, for some reason folks in the american anime biz like to throw monkey wrenches around for fun, because they're a bunch of sadistic bastards.

If they can get a dubbed american release out within 6 months or slightly over, I'd wait to watch 2.0 in the comfort of my own home, or a dub screening in the capital. They need to hurry up already.
Just Don't Say Goodbye... It's too sad!

Nerv's 7th Branch:
Temporary Excavation Base.

RamblinEvaFan
Embryo

Re: Time-table for 2.0 DVD release?

•      
  •      

Postby RamblinEvaFan » Sat Aug 01, 2009 1:19 pm

iamsolidsnake wrote:
RamblinEvaFan wrote:Is there any even preliminary info on when we can expect to see 2.0 domestically released on DVD (offically)?

HEY! YOU'RE FROM MY STATE!

Word on the street was it was all rights talk, looking for a distributor and what not. Hopefully, since funi got the rights for rebuild 1.0, they'll have first bid on the contracts for the other films, and we'll see a much easier transition into our backyards. Nothing's ever guaranteed though, for some reason folks in the american anime biz like to throw monkey wrenches around for fun, because they're a bunch of sadistic bastards.

If they can get a dubbed american release out within 6 months or slightly over, I'd wait to watch 2.0 in the comfort of my own home, or a dub screening in the capital. They need to hurry up already.

Awesome! I'm in the metro area and I go to school in Atlanta. Dragon-Con is comming up, but i'm not sure if Rebuild is schedueld to be shown... I wonder if any of the local anime clubs in the universities could convince Funicom to allow them to show it ... that would be sweet.

That info you gave about hte reason for delay is very positive I think for effecient future releases.

I'm really aching to hear the dubs..... I wish they would have released the 1.0 dubs in more places... I can't afford to go to the West Coast or Maryland to watch them.

iamsolidsnake
Embryo

•      
  •      

Postby iamsolidsnake » Sat Aug 01, 2009 2:26 pm

There's a dub screening in atlanta this september! me and a friend will be hitting it up.

http://www.funimationfilms.com/events.html

http://www.plazaatlanta.com/

Hope to see you there!
Just Don't Say Goodbye... It's too sad!

Nerv's 7th Branch:
Temporary Excavation Base.

Return to “Rebuild of Evangelion Discussion”