Eva Action Figures (including Rebuild) [1]

For talking about all other entries in the Evangelion franchise: from the various manga and video games to merchandising and various video/audio releases.

Moderator: Board Staff

Forum rules
By visiting this forum, you agree to read the rules for discussion and abide by them.
Electric Sachiel
Lilin
Lilin

Postby Electric Sachiel » Tue Jul 14, 2009 10:52 am

Nice review Riotgear! Finally a guy that understands the joys of figure collecting. :toothy: Your review is fairly detailed. I eagerly await the pictures you will later post.

i too was contemplating on whether or not i should buy Unit 01. Do you see any negative aspects with the Eva 2.0 Unit 01 when compared to the old 1.0 Unit 01? I also feel that the paintjob on these figures of which i saw close up in some shops in my area are a bit off. I'm really picky with paintjobs on these mass produced figures and to be honest. Some figures have scratches here and there. Others have malformed discoloured limbs. Thats why i'm hesistant to order these online.

For the Eva Unit 03 revoltech i might make an exception. Also if i may ask where are you ordering the Eva Unit 03 exclusive?

bladerj
Lilin
Lilin

Postby bladerj » Tue Jul 14, 2009 1:40 pm

anyone has any info on the suposed new revoltech Asuka ? i saw on a related site and the torso is diferent, and looks like you can make her sit normally .
ANATA BAKA !?

I Accidentally Dracula
Banned

Postby I Accidentally Dracula » Tue Jul 14, 2009 7:46 pm

Riotgear wrote:Yeah. And the color scheme is based on Eva-01's CQB configurement from Anima.

Yay Eva-01 merchandise in obscure variant configurations.

Boo still no Original Concept Design Eva-00 figures / kits / SD Berserker Mode plushies / whatever.

Otakon 08 Ikari
DNA Donor
DNA Donor

Postby Otakon 08 Ikari » Tue Jul 14, 2009 8:40 pm

I'm glad they changed the design, not that that image does not look cool but I like the 00 we have now.
Dr. Trans Old Fashioned Peppermint Dickables

http://pshbling.deviantart.com/gallery/ Go there for Eva cosplay.

Reichu
Admin Emeritus
Admin Emeritus

Postby Reichu » Tue Jul 14, 2009 10:03 pm

Otakon 08 Ikari wrote:I'm glad they changed the design, not that that image does not look cool but I like the 00 we have now.

Yamashita: "Yeah... I'm a little stuck on what direction to go with Eva-00. You got anything in mind, Hideaki?"
Anno: "Well... Hey, you remember that one OVA I directed...?"

さらば、全てのEvaGeeks。
「滅びの運命は新生の喜びでもある」
Departure Message | The Arqa Apocrypha: An Evangelion Analysis Blog

Otakon 08 Ikari
DNA Donor
DNA Donor

Postby Otakon 08 Ikari » Tue Jul 14, 2009 10:35 pm

Iseewhatyoudidthere.jpeg ;__;

I Accidentally Dracula
Banned

Postby I Accidentally Dracula » Wed Jul 15, 2009 12:20 am

why does it have a Gundam chin

or lipstick for fingers, in that case

Electric Sachiel
Lilin
Lilin

Postby Electric Sachiel » Wed Jul 15, 2009 1:09 am

I Accidentally Dracula wrote:why does it have a Gundam chin

or lipstick for fingers, in that case

Blah.....youth are so impressionable these days..... :)

Gundam chin? I don't see it. Rather i see the chin of Eva Unit 00 featured there. As for what you call lipstick for fingers, those are actually missiles being prepared for launch.

Rayshiest
Embryo

Postby Rayshiest » Thu Jul 16, 2009 3:12 pm

from Akihabara...
it has begun.

Otakon 08 Ikari
DNA Donor
DNA Donor

Postby Otakon 08 Ikari » Thu Jul 16, 2009 6:04 pm

I still think she looks silly, its like they just ran out of parts but if they have one at Otakon then its mine.

I Accidentally Dracula
Banned

Postby I Accidentally Dracula » Thu Jul 16, 2009 6:06 pm

Gotta say the fact that they didn't scale it to match the torso size of regular Eva figures is pretty weaksauce.

bladerj
Lilin
Lilin

Postby bladerj » Thu Jul 16, 2009 6:14 pm

05 looks very silly, specially with the frying pads thing on its back, and from what i saw in a review the toy is very loose.
i'm hoping to get a eva02 when the site i visit restock.

also has anyone have any news on a new revoltech Asuka in the making ? i saw a picture of a Asuka with torso joint, if there is indeed a new one i wont buy the fraulein one and wait for it
ANATA BAKA !?

Zeon
Embryo

Postby Zeon » Thu Jul 16, 2009 11:08 pm

I want a Revoltech Mari...
"I've never had any cherished dreams or ambitions. I don't aspire to any future profession or career."

bladerj
Lilin
Lilin

Postby bladerj » Fri Jul 17, 2009 12:38 am

Zeon wrote:I want a Revoltech Mari...

i doubt she will get a fraulein model, she is not popular enough (if at all) to have a demand, what i want to see is a fraulein Misato, seriously, she gets no love.
ANATA BAKA !?

Riotgear
Adam

Postby Riotgear » Fri Jul 17, 2009 4:13 am

Electric Sachiel wrote:I eagerly await the pictures you will later post.
i too was contemplating on whether or not i should buy Unit 01. Do you see any negative aspects with the Eva 2.0 Unit 01 when compared to the old 1.0 Unit 01?

I'll wait until I get 03 before taking pics (I'm also very busy with work right now, but I'll try fit it in). As for any cons of the new 01 compared to the previous Rebuild one, I'll do a comparison when I take pictures - right now the only thing that I can think of is that it doesn't stand in a standard 'straight' position very well without the support stand, which the previous one - sort of - does.

Electric Sachiel wrote:I also feel that the paintjob on these figures of which i saw close up in some shops in my area are a bit off. I'm really picky with paintjobs on these mass produced figures and to be honest. Some figures have scratches here and there. Others have malformed discoloured limbs. Thats why i'm hesistant to order these online.

Mine are all fine - the paint jobs are very good with no scratches or paint sloppages. I would hope that your local stores aren't stocking bootlegs. Pretty unlikely that proper hobby shops would, but...
Lame thing is that they don't have the little holographic Gainax sticker on the box anymore - the bottom of the box instead just has a cut-out 'token' instead - and I'm positive mine are official (even though I bought these ones on Ebay).

Electric Sachiel wrote:For the Eva Unit 03 revoltech i might make an exception. Also if i may ask where are you ordering the Eva Unit 03 exclusive?

Yahoo Auctions Japan via Japamart.com.

I wasn't aware of a new Asuka for the Fraulein 3.0 line - that's cool. I hope she has the new plugsuit and an eyepatch variant head. I have the two Rei Revos and the one Asuka, so this will balance things :toothy:
I wouldn't count out a Mari Revo - she's already got a bunch of figures coming out. But hell yes we need a Misato.

bladerj
Lilin
Lilin

Postby bladerj » Fri Jul 17, 2009 9:04 am

Riotgear wrote:I wasn't aware of a new Asuka for the Fraulein 3.0 line - that's cool. I hope she has the new plugsuit and an eyepatch variant head. I have the two Rei Revos and the one Asuka, so this will balance things :toothy:
I wouldn't count out a Mari Revo - she's already got a bunch of figures coming out. But hell yes we need a Misato.

i was thinking of getting this fraulein ,Rin Tohsaka
http://enewsi.com/anime/index.php?catid=245&itemid=10318

and mod it to look like Misato,a sandpapper to level the skirt, some painting in the jacket, and removing the side hair thingie she looks just like her.only problem is the leggings, but i love woman in leggings so i'll problably wont care much

Found the new fraulein pictures ,NOW THEY CAN SIT !!! :boingy:
i'll be getting both (if i can get the new one i mean), cos i think the original had better head sculpture

http://www.kaiyodo.co.jp/furoku/index.html
ANATA BAKA !?

Electric Sachiel
Lilin
Lilin

Postby Electric Sachiel » Sun Jul 19, 2009 9:01 pm

Hey everyone. Recently got my grubby little mitts on a new Eva 2.0 Unit 02. I'll do a mini-review here and now to show you some of what the set offers.

The new Unit 02 in the box
I used the old Unit 02 revoltechs as a comparison.

Hacking into the box. Free her my prettys.... :boingy:

The Contents of the Set

Comparison Unit 02 revoltechs that Kaiyodo has released in the pastImage

The first Eva Unit 02 revoltech released had the Gainax copyright.

Surprise surprise the new Eva 2.0 Unit 02 has the Khara studios copyright.

Eva Unit 02 with jet pack.
ImageImageImageImage

NGE Unit 02 and End of Evangelion Unit 02 flank Rebuild Unit 02Image

Review Details:

Overall the figure is a nice piece of toy to be had. The new figure has many more details than the previous revoltech Unit 02 releases. THe figure is also much lighter than previous releases. I find the new joints in the foot to be both a godsend and a pain. The joints on the toes are somewhat loose and with the figure already being so light and lanky its somewhat hard to pose it without it falling over. Interestingly enough after attaching the jetpack pylons the additonal weight allows for greater stability and prevents the figure from toppling as much as it did before.
I love how you can swap out the shoulder pylons thanks to a little peg located just behind the arm. It allows for quick easy swapping of the jetpack pylons and the regular shoulder pylons.

The rest of the figure is great. You have your standard revoltech joints that allow for the awesome posing and it still works great on this release.
No real problems to mention.

The sculpt for Unit 02 seems spot on to its movie counterpart. In the coming days i'll see if i can recreate a few poses that mimick the look and feel of Unit 02 from the new Evangelion 2.0 film.

Worries:

The plastic used in some places can seem a bit brittle. Especially the joints that hold the toes to the foot. The pegs that allow for the shoulder pylons to be attached are also a worry. Too much is at stake for them to break, if it so ever happens in the future. With broken toes the Figure will have trouble standing. And with broken pegs on its shoulders, the pylons would simply not fit anymore.

I hope nothing bad happens to my copy of the figure. Extra caution should be exercised when trying to move those parts when posing the figure.

Verdict:

I think at its price, I paid the equivalent of $42 US dollars for this thing and personally i think its worth it. Although very delicate, it comes with a variety of accessories and weapons and with it being able to pose in many different film accurate positions its a great figure to own.

I recommend it if your looking for a cool Eva figure from the new Eva 2.0 film. Just be careful when posing the toes and the pylons and you should be alright. Its fun to play with.

P.S. I will post more pics demonstrating the other accessories that come with the set and the amazing posing ability of the figure in the near future.

Otakon 08 Ikari
DNA Donor
DNA Donor

Postby Otakon 08 Ikari » Tue Jul 21, 2009 11:59 am

I'm going home today, still at our Rei's house since Otakon. It seems that I picked up the -only- Rebuild 2.0 Eva 01 in the dealers room.

Axell
Bridge Bunny
Bridge Bunny

Postby Axell » Tue Jul 21, 2009 12:03 pm

lucky bastard

Otakon 08 Ikari
DNA Donor
DNA Donor

Postby Otakon 08 Ikari » Tue Jul 21, 2009 3:02 pm

Axell wrote:lucky bastard

I also got the very sweet "Evangelion-02 SPEC" Model. Every piece of the restrains come off. I wish they had the Eva 01 version. I'm going to buy it online. The Rebuild figure I got is pretty cool but.

1. The jaw does not quite close but its still very cool
2. The hands come off quite easily so its hard to get them to stay with weapons and such.

All in all its a pretty cool figure but it was a little much for the size but I'm glad I picked it up.

Return to “Everything Else Evangelion”