Rebuild shipping goes here.

Discussion of the new series of Evangelion movies ( "Evangelion Shin Gekijōban", meaning "Evangelion: New Theatrical Edition"). The final instalment made its debut in Japan on March 8, 2021.

Moderators: Rebuild/OT Moderators, Board Staff

Forum rules
By visiting this forum, you agree to read the rules for discussion.
Sailor Star Dust
Kept you waiting, huh?
Kept you waiting, huh?

Rebuild shipping goes here. (Warning: SPOILERS)

•      
  •      

Postby Sailor Star Dust » Fri Jun 26, 2009 6:27 pm

I'm hoping neither Shinji OR Asuka flee the scene during the whole "mama" sequence, whether or not it includes the almost kiss attempt and Wall of Jericho scenes. That'd be a nice difference if they both stayed this time around. And in case I didn't clarify if before, I'm 80% certain we'll at least be getting the Asuka/Shinji kiss scene, even if we don't get the almost kiss scene.
Last edited by Sailor Star Dust on Sat Jun 27, 2009 12:31 pm, edited 3 times in total.

JimmyWolk
Ireul
Ireul

•      
  •      

Postby JimmyWolk » Fri Jun 26, 2009 6:32 pm

Sailor Star Dust wrote:I'm 80% certain we'll at least be getting the Asuka/Shinji kiss scene, even if we don't get the almost kiss scene.
Funny, I'd actually place the chances the other way round. :P
I mean, we already know that there will be apparently an at least similar scene for the almost one - but there's no telling if they'll come anywhere near to the actual kiss.

Megashadow13
Adam

•      
  •      

Postby Megashadow13 » Fri Jun 26, 2009 6:40 pm

JimmyWolk wrote:
Sailor Star Dust wrote:I'm 80% certain we'll at least be getting the Asuka/Shinji kiss scene, even if we don't get the almost kiss scene.
Funny, I'd actually place the chances the other way round. :P
I mean, we already know that there will be apparently an at least similar scene for the almost one - but there's no telling if they'll come anywhere near to the actual kiss.

if theres no kiss... i seriously am goin to travel all the way to Japan to kill anno T_T ooorr should i say Sadamoto...?? else he better had something to compensate for it on the 3.0 in 2014, thats if we live of course...

but yea im with SSD on this one, cmon jimmy, i was just not expecting you of all people to dont have high hopes on the SxA in the movie XD. im already almost dying to see that bed scene :w00t:
Reality is just an extension of your dreams~
if you fail in epic proportions, you might just become a winning failure...
O WRYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYLY??

JimmyWolk
Ireul
Ireul

•      
  •      

Postby JimmyWolk » Fri Jun 26, 2009 6:59 pm

Megashadow13 wrote:but yea im with SSD on this one, cmon jimmy, i was just not expecting you of all people to dont have high hopes on the SxA in the movie XD
Hoping and expecting are two different things. :P
And at the moment, I prefer to keep my expectations low to prevent at least some disappointment, if Shinji ends up showing more interest in Rei/Mari/whoever else or if her importance is reduced in general, make her just a shadow of the Asuka we know or even really go as far as killing her off - though I have my doubts that it'd work all that well if any or even all of that would actually come true. XD

If there will be a kiss, I really doubt it'll be in the same context though. It happened in a true moment of calm, in an episode without any action and just character development. I don't see it fitting as it was in the movie.

BattleMonkey
Leliel
Leliel

•      
  •      

Postby BattleMonkey » Fri Jun 26, 2009 7:04 pm

I wouldn't be surprised if there is no kiss, the manga skipped out on it.... they probably wanna mix it up.

Maybe Mari kisses him :D

It's gonna get bloody

Gendo'sPapa
Committeeperson
Committeeperson

•      
  •      

Postby Gendo'sPapa » Fri Jun 26, 2009 7:05 pm

Whole Asuka + Shinji thing (we're really off topic here by way, how this hasn't been locked is beyond me) couldn't give two shits.

I'd rather Anno deliver a great continuation of the story set up in 1.0 than waste time fanwanking with "Asuka & Shinji lovey lovey".

But that's just me.

Timstuff
Eva Technician
Eva Technician

•      
  •      

Postby Timstuff » Fri Jun 26, 2009 7:20 pm

Perhaps a thread split is in due order then, rather than simply locking the topic.
DeviantArt profile being re-invented... Check back later.

DummyPlug
Tunniel
Tunniel

•      
  •      

Postby DummyPlug » Fri Jun 26, 2009 7:56 pm

Some people are AxS fans more than they are eva fans. It's kind of like the Tifosi (Ferrari fans), they like Ferrari more than Formula One. If the 2 Ferraris are out of the race they don't want to watch the rest of the race. I find this wrong for some reason. I'm an eva fan first and foremost.
Good prog/modern metal at:
http://acrypticcreature.blogspot.com

The Invincible Shinji
Israfel
Israfel

•      
  •      

Postby The Invincible Shinji » Fri Jun 26, 2009 8:10 pm

Some of us are both Eva fans and A/S fans are we any less fans for wanting an A/S relationship?
I'm an A/S shipper and Soryu and Shikinami are one in the same.

DummyPlug
Tunniel
Tunniel

•      
  •      

Postby DummyPlug » Fri Jun 26, 2009 8:21 pm

Not at all, it's just that you're not in that group. And I shouldn't have said it's wrong, it's not. BUT the problem is that people who do this will risk losing interest in Rebuild if things don't go the AxS way, or worse if Asuka is killed off.
Good prog/modern metal at:
http://acrypticcreature.blogspot.com

The Invincible Shinji
Israfel
Israfel

•      
  •      

Postby The Invincible Shinji » Fri Jun 26, 2009 8:29 pm

My apologies. I see your point, i don't think people should lose interest in Rebuild either if it doesn't follow an A/S path. Anno likes to tease what can i say? ^_^

Kaname Langley
Asuka's Cousin
Asuka's Cousin

•      
  •      

Postby Kaname Langley » Fri Jun 26, 2009 8:34 pm

BattleMonkey wrote:I wouldn't be surprised if there is no kiss, the manga skipped out on it.... they probably wanna mix it up.
Well i expect something Like that. Sorry
Only losers consider the possibility of defeat without even trying.

Timstuff
Eva Technician
Eva Technician

•      
  •      

Postby Timstuff » Fri Jun 26, 2009 8:34 pm

I can't deny that I would be extremely pissed if they killed off Asuka in rebuild, but I would still watch the remaining movies. I'm an AS / Asuka fan because I'm an Evangelion fan, not the other way around. If for some reason AS gets subverted in Rebuild, that will be disappointing, but I will tolerate so I can enjoy the rest it, and get my AS fix somewhere else.

Besides, there's not really any evidence that Asuka will die anyway, not is there evidence that the AS undertones will be subverted. If anything, there's evidence that Asuka and Shinji might actually be closer than they were in the original series.
DeviantArt profile being re-invented... Check back later.

THE Hal E. Burton 9000
Elder God
Elder God

•      
  •      

Postby THE Hal E. Burton 9000 » Fri Jun 26, 2009 8:40 pm

oh my dear, we've decided to go back to this again (cue teh EPIC music) :headbang: and you're welcome in advance for that backing track to what maybe a glorius thread that rivals those in the ANF archives

anyway, I'll refresh everyone's memory for my take on A/S "shipping" since it's been too long and I gave conflicting statements back then to the "veterans" of this forum if any of them can remember

in a single statement, for the most part, I don't care

but notice how I said for the most part, not that I didn't care at all

I still care for pretty much one reason and one reason only, the end of The EoE, "Kimochi warui", just Asuka/Shinji there on that beach with the floating remains of GNR in an ocean that seems to be suffering from harmful algal bloom

a single question remains, even after all this time and that is:
WTF?

yeah, yeah, you have Rebuild looming larger everyday, but still, how does it end???????

I hope Anno-sensei goes "remodernist" if you know what I mean with the ending
- TEH Fabulous Hal E. Burton 9000

P.S. For those wanting to discuss a matter with yours truly not pertaining to the general topic at hand, PM me. Please and thank you.

BattleMonkey
Leliel
Leliel

•      
  •      

Postby BattleMonkey » Fri Jun 26, 2009 9:27 pm

I like AxS, think it makes an interesting couple though if they feel like deviating from this with this version, I would hope they try to pair him up with Mari as long as shes an interesting character.

I just in no way can see or enjoy a pairing with Rei for so many factors, and the sheer boredom of the coupling.

I'm really interested in seeing how Mari turns out.... don't shoot me

The Invincible Shinji
Israfel
Israfel

•      
  •      

Postby The Invincible Shinji » Fri Jun 26, 2009 10:07 pm

We won't. :grin:

Megashadow13
Adam

•      
  •      

Postby Megashadow13 » Fri Jun 26, 2009 10:09 pm

BattleMonkey wrote:I like AxS, think it makes an interesting couple though if they feel like deviating from this with this version, I would hope they try to pair him up with Mari as long as shes an interesting character.

I just in no way can see or enjoy a pairing with Rei for so many factors, and the sheer boredom of the coupling.

I'm really interested in seeing how Mari turns out.... don't shoot me

i believe everyone is interested in the developmente of a character we have never seen before so yea... im also interested in mari's development..

but yea im with you there... i support AxS and am very much against SxR because of what you said...too many factors to name right now... but the pairing will be sheer epic boredom..

as for my expectations.. i like to keep em high... but am willing to accept low SxA development for the sake of seeing all of rebuild, which i will no matter what happens even if i get major pissed by something... cuz before everything i was an eva fan first...

BattleMonkey
Leliel
Leliel

•      
  •      

Postby BattleMonkey » Fri Jun 26, 2009 10:21 pm

I keep my expectations low. Really feel that with this truncated version of Eva with these movies, that they will concentrate much more on overall plot instead of spending time on the character interactions. The series and mangas being much longer and open gave them lots of room to explore the characters but these movies I think will sadly cut out any attempts at stuff like pairings.

Megashadow13
Adam

•      
  •      

Postby Megashadow13 » Fri Jun 26, 2009 10:42 pm

BattleMonkey wrote:I keep my expectations low. Really feel that with this truncated version of Eva with these movies, that they will concentrate much more on overall plot instead of spending time on the character interactions. The series and mangas being much longer and open gave them lots of room to explore the characters but these movies I think will sadly cut out any attempts at stuff like pairings.

hmm you know what?? u got a pretty darn good point there... these movies are like only what one half, maybe 2 hrs??? you're very right... i dont see much room for character development, so its gonna work wonders how theyre gonna develop mari...

but hmm yeah... you officially made me change opinions too... :/ for now at least...

BattleMonkey
Leliel
Leliel

•      
  •      

Postby BattleMonkey » Fri Jun 26, 2009 10:51 pm

If 3.0 and 4.0 are full length movies and such I could see it, but the supposed plan is that they are going to be shorter and played back to back like one long movie, which kills lot of hope I had for this Rebuild.

If they would go with making 3.0 and 4.0 apart and both full length, I could see them working in some more stuff but with how 2.0 is sounding, I think things are gonna move fast.

Return to “Rebuild of Evangelion Discussion”