NGE vs. Rebuild's soundtrack

Discussion of the new series of Evangelion movies ( "Evangelion Shin Gekijōban", meaning "Evangelion: New Theatrical Edition"). The final instalment made its debut in Japan on March 8, 2021.

Moderators: Rebuild/OT Moderators, Board Staff

Forum rules
By visiting this forum, you agree to read the rules for discussion.
Eva 04
Sandalphon
Sandalphon

•      
  •      

Postby Eva 04 » Mon Jun 15, 2009 8:16 pm

Go watch Ep 2 and then watch Sachiel fight in RoE

I have no idea why they changed the starting times of music tracks to that. It is moronic and I was facepalming during the whole scene untill Eva-01 went bozo and things returned to normal

In TV when Shinji stumbles and gets beating from Sachi there's no music in the background. Which works damn fine as music could only distract from the scene. It also makes very clear transition from the heroic launch wiht horns and all to dreadful encounter (well, dreadful for Shinji)

In the movie however the NERV track keeps going on and on until Sachi starts to batter Shinji's face. THEN it suddenly changes to the generic angel fight theme (goes IIRC under name The Beast and dozen of others).

It ruins whole scene before that. Shinji stumbles and bumbles around and gets beating. And the horns makes whole scene into moronic, heroic bravado.

Didnt the angel attack theme play in EP 2 of the original series when Sachiel started pounding Unit 01?That actually fit in that scene then in the rebuild version.

Reichu
Admin Emeritus
Admin Emeritus

•      
  •      

Postby Reichu » Mon Jun 15, 2009 8:17 pm

Protip@Eva04: Quote tags. Thank you.
さらば、全てのEvaGeeks。
「滅びの運命は新生の喜びでもある」
Departure Message | The Arqa Apocrypha: An Evangelion Analysis Blog

Eva 04
Sandalphon
Sandalphon

•      
  •      

Postby Eva 04 » Mon Jun 15, 2009 9:11 pm

Oh,that's what you do.Thanks for the tip.

Agentomega
Eva Technician
Eva Technician

•      
  •      

Postby Agentomega » Tue Jun 23, 2009 3:48 pm

I do say that I rather enjoyed "Staggering Yet?" and "Strategie Yashima", even if they were just rehashes of the original. However, I don't exactly think the new music can be better than the original stuff. I think it is better in Rebuild (new movie, new music), but likewise the original music would be better in the original series. Of course, I still like the music either way 'cause Shiro rules.
Avatar: Rhoe Amariyo (© 2010-2014 SQUARE ENIX CO., LTD. All Rights Reserved. FINAL FANTASY X|V)
Karigane Shirou in LoL's RP - Rebuild of Evangelion: We Are (Not) Together
"'I was a nerd before it was cool' ~Agent" ~Lance of LoL

Eva 04
Sandalphon
Sandalphon

TV series music v.s Rebuild's music(Spoilers.Just in case.)

•      
  •      

Postby Eva 04 » Fri Aug 21, 2009 11:57 pm

Okay.I know this topic might seem pointless and in honestly,it kinda is.But I am curious about what music you perfer?Do you perfer the TV series music?Or does Rebuild's remixes of some music have your vote?Or both?

I think it's both but leaning towards Rebuild more.Dont get me wrong.The TV series music was awsome but what Rebuild did with remixing some of them made them better.Although,I was hoping the Beast II got a better remix then it did,it was still allright.Kidding lol.It was actually better then I expected.Just not what I really expected.

So,what do you guys think?And I put spoilers in the topic title too so I can avoid getting banned again. :thumbsup:

Great Genius Shinji-Sama
Test Subject
Test Subject

•      
  •      

Postby Great Genius Shinji-Sama » Sat Aug 22, 2009 12:00 am

I like Thanatos, Expansion of Blockage (though that comes from EoE), Asuka's theme and Misato's theme, Kom Suesser Tod, and Soul's Refrain from the original, and I also like the music from Rebuild.
Avatar: Utena and Anthy hawtness <3
-----------------------------------------------------------
XBOX LIVE GAMERTAG: ShinjiSama01
http://shinjisama.wordpress.com/ - Blog
http://otakuno1.deviantart.com/ - Deviant account

wonderluster
Clockiel
Clockiel

•      
  •      

Postby wonderluster » Sat Aug 22, 2009 12:27 pm

A Step into Terror was excellently done in Rebuild. I can say I thoroughly enjoyed the remade tracks more in Rebuild because NGE already laid out that classical music went excellently with Eva. However this is almost a contradiction due to the two most one sided fights in the movie both have freaky childrens death music or whatever it was.
On the path to Universal Understanding.

Helius
Embryo

•      
  •      

Postby Helius » Sat Aug 22, 2009 11:41 pm

IMO Rebuild 2.0's music is definitely a huge improvement from 1.0. They really went all out with those choruses and symphonies, which I think is nice 'cos they further enhance the visceral tone inherent in Evangelion.

The whole Sahaquiel scene from "Destiny" to "Fate" was choreographed in such an awesome way it still gives me goosebumps no matter how many times I watch it. :P
"Wars Begin Where You Will... But They Do Not End Where You Please."

Return to “Rebuild of Evangelion Discussion”