Evangelion 1.0 English dub premieres next month in Texas

Discussion of the new series of Evangelion movies ( "Evangelion Shin Gekijōban", meaning "Evangelion: New Theatrical Edition"). The final instalment made its debut in Japan on March 8, 2021.

Moderators: Rebuild/OT Moderators, Board Staff

Forum rules
By visiting this forum, you agree to read the rules for discussion.
SeanTucker
Ramiel
Ramiel

•      
  •      

Postby SeanTucker » Thu Jun 11, 2009 1:11 pm

Houston, Texas

Insert link to overused "Jizz In My Pants" meme here. I don't care if this is dubbed, I've seen the series and EoE both ways and liked both versions... if Spike Spencer, Tiffany Grant, and Tristan MacAvery come back, then I'm happy with the dub, and we know the first two are in for sure.
Timstuff wrote:If you live in a Gainax production and are allergic to melons, I imagine you'd be sneezing a lot...

Oh wait, did you mean the fruit?

Axell
Bridge Bunny
Bridge Bunny

•      
  •      

Postby Axell » Thu Jun 11, 2009 2:02 pm

why isnt it in nyc yet!!!!???? >.<

Cannibal
Embryo

Evangellion 1.0 @ Alamo DraftHouse(WestOaks) $7 @7:30 7-16

•      
  •      

Postby Cannibal » Fri Jun 12, 2009 5:25 am

Being a Houstonian, you can bet yer ass Ill be there. Cold beer & and Eva on the big screen..A redneck/otaku's dream.. The Alamo Drafthouse plays a lot of anime (and even Troma Movies ☺) They just need to open another one Downtown, WestOaks Mall is over an hour drive from DT by freeway. Austin being a college town has half a dozen ADHs.

Anyway, from what I heard of Eva 1.0 is it only the 1st 6 episodes (remade) so Asuka isnt in it and I dont know if Tiffany Grant will be viocing her in 2.0 ; Allison Keith and Spike Spencer will be doing Misato and Shingi, but they got somebody else to vioce Gendo, as well as Rei amd Aoba (I guess Alison & Jason Lee's Giagin Production Co. might have been a competator for the job).

Being a Eva fan, Ill see em all, no matter if they are good are bad. It just bugs me that I have to wait YEARS to see this "NEW ENDING" to this batch and even more years before I can buy DVD box set.... Chirst, listen to me complain, Im gona have a great time.

Cannibal
...but whats the point of any orf this? Were all gona just explode into goo.

samuraifreak
Embryo

•      
  •      

Postby samuraifreak » Mon Jun 15, 2009 10:20 am

Cannibal. I'll be there as well with cold beer and a porky's (pepporoni)pizza. To bad we have to pay $7 for admission, but that's ok. Anime at the Alamo is FREE every Tuesdays anyway.

Somewhat of an Eva interview. It seems that activeanime managed to talk to Brina Palencia about her role as Rei Ayanami. [url]http://www.activeanime.com/html/content/view/5101/36/[/url]

From what I heard at the Alamo Drafthouse, it will be a 35mm film, but I'll ask the host of Anime at the Alamo for verification.
Just another Evangelion Fan.

samuraifreak
Embryo

•      
  •      

Postby samuraifreak » Wed Jun 17, 2009 8:47 am

Ok ...I've asked if the movie will be on DVD or 35mm print, and I was told that it will be in a 35mm print. I think that is so cool!
Just another Evangelion Fan.

thedarkorb
Tunniel
Tunniel

•      
  •      

Postby thedarkorb » Thu Jul 16, 2009 10:49 pm

Managed to catch this tonight. Luckily pre-ordered my tickets, it was completely sold out. The theater was pretty packed.

So this was my first viewing of 1.0. Visually it is really a achievement. To be honest, I think I'm going to need to see it again to give a clear review...I was anticipating it quite a bit from waiting this long.

Allison sound a lot older! :) Also...does the story feel really rushed to anyone? It feels very tight.

Tiffany Grant was there. Hehe...I was luckily able to stammer a few words about 2.0 with her before I left, she was a couple rows back from me.

Return to “Rebuild of Evangelion Discussion”