Mari...agent of Seele?

Discussion of the new series of Evangelion movies ( "Evangelion Shin Gekijōban", meaning "Evangelion: New Theatrical Edition"). The final instalment made its debut in Japan on March 8, 2021.

Moderators: Rebuild/OT Moderators, Board Staff

Forum rules
By visiting this forum, you agree to read the rules for discussion.
Sailor Star Dust
Kept you waiting, huh?
Kept you waiting, huh?

•      
  •      

Postby Sailor Star Dust » Thu May 21, 2009 12:38 pm

Otakon 08 Ikari wrote:Kaworu remembers what happen during the last third impact,

I know that's just your own two cents, but Rebuild is NOT necessarily a sequel to the original series.

Mari having some kind of connection to Kaji instead of Seele would be interesting since being for Seele would steal Kaworu's thunder while being part of another organization is way too much like GoS.

For the record I don't necessarily think she will be a spy, but speculation is always fun.
~Take care of yourself, I need you~

Misato's toyboy
Adam

•      
  •      

Postby Misato's toyboy » Sun Jun 07, 2009 2:01 pm

I like the OP's theory of Mari Is From Mars. :thumbsup:

Apart from Gendou's-daughter-or-relative lookalike, it might also explain her dark red glasses lenses, since Earth's sunlight would be too bright for people used to the dimmer red skies of Mars. :gendo:

AuraTwilight
Angel
Angel

•      
  •      

Postby AuraTwilight » Sun Jun 07, 2009 5:14 pm

I didn't realize Mars was the home planet of the FAR. That explains a lot.

Gendo'sPapa
Committeeperson
Committeeperson

•      
  •      

Postby Gendo'sPapa » Sun Jun 07, 2009 5:56 pm

All FAR related posts = LAME

backseatjesus
Pilot
Pilot

•      
  •      

Postby backseatjesus » Sun Jun 07, 2009 6:50 pm

I still think she's just a lesbian and they're testing to see if sexuality will affect Sync Ratio. Also, she's a ninja.

UrsusArctos
The Beginning and The End

•      
  •      

Postby UrsusArctos » Sun Jun 07, 2009 7:52 pm

Topic, people.
(Was Board Staff from Dec 31, 2007 - Oct 17, 2015 and Oct 20, 2020 - Aug 1, 2021)
Not knowing that Monk is bi is like not knowing the Pope is Catholic - ZapX
You're either really bad at interpreting jokes or really good at pretending you are and I have no idea which.-Monk Ed
WAAAAAAAAGH!!!!!(<-link to lunacy)...Taste me, if you can bear it. (Warning: Language NSFW)
The main point of idiocy is for the smart to have their lulz. Without human idiocy, trolling would not exist, and that's uncool, since a large part of my entertainment consists of mocking the absurdity and dumbassery of the world, especially the Internet.-MaggotMaster

chee
EGF Hate Machine
EGF Hate Machine

•      
  •      

Postby chee » Sun Jun 07, 2009 9:13 pm

Gendo'sPapa wrote:All FAR related posts = LAME

Sammaeloo
Bridge Bunny
Bridge Bunny

•      
  •      

Postby Sammaeloo » Mon Jun 08, 2009 1:10 am

Just throwing something out here.

Since Ritsuko's mother had dark red/purplish hair, and Ritsuko's natural hair is that same color, maybe Mari is a kind of long lost modified clone of Naoko. Sort of like Rei is of Yui. Lets say Ritsuko wanted to bring back her mom and abandoned the project, then SEELE found it modified her experiment for their needs, then picked up where she left off. Maybe the Moon Giant turns out to be a third seed, as well as the mysterious third Angel, and Mari contains part of its soul. Either that or she just has a normal human soul.
Seize the day.....by the throat....
I hate mcdonalds because their mascot is a creepy spooky clown who looks like he smells funny. Seriously every time I see ronald I think he's secretly some sort of rapist who turns people into hamburgers. Also their food sucks. -Defectron
Our plumbing is messed up and my dad will not call anybody because he's a cheap asshole. Fuck you old man, fucking call someone. Some of us want to stay sanitary. -backseatjesus

UrsusArctos

•      
  •      

Postby UrsusArctos » Mon Jun 08, 2009 2:28 am

Let me see the possibilities...

1. Mari is a clone of Naoko and the vessel of the Moon Giant's soul, which makes Eva-05 like Eva-00 soul-wise.

2. Mari is Ritsuko's long-lost sister by another father, maybe Gendo. That makes Eva-05 Nao-chan.

3. Mari is Misato's sister/half-sister/clone/whatever, and Eva-05 is either Misato's mom or Akira.

4. Mari is not related to any of the others and Eva-05 has the soul of her mom, whom we haven't met before.

Possibility one means that Mari might have a role similar to that of Kaworu (who we know is tied up with Seele in his own mysterious manner) and the other three possibilities for her parentage don't prevent her from being a Seele agent.
(Was Board Staff from Dec 31, 2007 - Oct 17, 2015 and Oct 20, 2020 - Aug 1, 2021)
Not knowing that Monk is bi is like not knowing the Pope is Catholic - ZapX
You're either really bad at interpreting jokes or really good at pretending you are and I have no idea which.-Monk Ed
WAAAAAAAAGH!!!!!(<-link to lunacy)...Taste me, if you can bear it. (Warning: Language NSFW)
The main point of idiocy is for the smart to have their lulz. Without human idiocy, trolling would not exist, and that's uncool, since a large part of my entertainment consists of mocking the absurdity and dumbassery of the world, especially the Internet.-MaggotMaster

Gendo'sPapa
Committeeperson
Committeeperson

•      
  •      

Postby Gendo'sPapa » Mon Jun 08, 2009 2:34 am

I'm in the camp of Mari is just another Eva pilot who will help Shinji grow more.

That and she's hot and has glasses because they forgot to include that stereotype in NGE.

No mystical Angel elements to her character.

ItsThatGuy
Embryo

•      
  •      

Postby ItsThatGuy » Fri Jun 12, 2009 1:27 pm

I don't know, there may be a clear reason they gave her that hair color, as I'm sure someone's mentioned.
"I made him just and right,
Sufficient to have stood, though free to fall."

BattleMonkey
Leliel
Leliel

•      
  •      

Postby BattleMonkey » Fri Jun 12, 2009 3:19 pm

Mari is Shinji and Asuka's daughter sent from a parallel dimension created after the original series ended :boingy:

DummyPlug
Tunniel
Tunniel

•      
  •      

Postby DummyPlug » Fri Jun 12, 2009 3:35 pm

I hope she's not an agent of Seele but is simply under the jurisdiction of NERV UK or something like that.
Good prog/modern metal at:
http://acrypticcreature.blogspot.com

Captain_Morgan
Ireul
Ireul

•      
  •      

Postby Captain_Morgan » Fri Jun 12, 2009 11:50 pm

Would love for Mari to turn out to be some sort of Randall Flagg-esque character, who loves to just cause as much death and destruction as they can. While this is unlikely, she may just have a sadistic side to her, which could help make her a good antagonistic character (as there are arguably no real villains in the series). If she does turn out to be an agent of Seele, it would allow her to be the heartless, psychotic bitch I want her to be.

Orphan Of Darkness
Israfel
Israfel

•      
  •      

Postby Orphan Of Darkness » Sat Jun 13, 2009 12:30 am

Captain_Morgan wrote:Would love for Mari to turn out to be some sort of Randall Flagg-esque character, who loves to just cause as much death and destruction as they can. While this is unlikely, she may just have a sadistic side to her, which could help make her a good antagonistic character (as there are arguably no real villains in the series). If she does turn out to be an agent of Seele, it would allow her to be the heartless, psychotic bitch I want her to be.

Basically my thoughts only you forgot one small thing; she's happens to be a raging lesbian and her sights are set on Asuka!!

I'm fairly certain she's going to mix things up though, she seems like the type. It will be interesting to see how Kaworu fits in also, like in the manga.
EvanGelion:GLIA @A fanfiction project in progress. ~Updated-Mar 15th/2011~ |DeviantArt

-
"Make good use of this money, Rei. I

Sailor Star Dust
Kept you waiting, huh?
Kept you waiting, huh?

•      
  •      

Postby Sailor Star Dust » Sat Jun 13, 2009 8:01 pm

That would be hilarious if Mari were a lesbian who likes Asuka, if only to see Asuka's freaked out reaction. :lol:

:asuka_geh: :asuka_miffed: "He--HEY! Just because I sometimes sleep over at Hikari's doesn't mean I'm--"

Personally, I'd also like Mari to have the role as one of the few antagonistic characters and/or that she acts cold to hide a past pain, Amano from Kanon style. ;)

BattleMonkey
Leliel
Leliel

•      
  •      

Postby BattleMonkey » Sat Jun 13, 2009 8:04 pm

It's strange that we have seen almost nothing of Mari, shes never pictured in the footage or pics as being with anyone else ever outside of merchandise.

Sailor Star Dust
Kept you waiting, huh?
Kept you waiting, huh?

•      
  •      

Postby Sailor Star Dust » Sat Jun 13, 2009 8:17 pm

Maybe she really WILL be an outsider of sorts like other people previously mentioned. Good point.

DummyPlug
Tunniel
Tunniel

•      
  •      

Postby DummyPlug » Sat Jun 13, 2009 9:14 pm

Eva extra 3 may show a little bit of interaction between Mari and Shinji, if there is any of it.
Good prog/modern metal at:
http://acrypticcreature.blogspot.com

Gendo'sPapa
Committeeperson
Committeeperson

•      
  •      

Postby Gendo'sPapa » Sat Jun 13, 2009 9:19 pm

Oh there will be. There Will Be Mari.... + Shinji fanshiping.

If anything I wonder if Anno and crew will find another awkward sexual moment for Shinji to go through with his new pilot ally (he had an awkward moment with all of them except Toji really, Kaworu included who I personally feel is just awkward in general)

Return to “Rebuild of Evangelion Discussion”