Eva Kids

This is the place to start: Feel free to introduce yourself, have general conversations and casual discussions about all things Evangelion, including chit-chatty topics like "Sachiel is adorable" or "Which Eva kicks the most ass?"

Moderator: Board Staff

Oedipusfoot
Ireul
Ireul

•      
  •      

Postby Oedipusfoot » Mon May 25, 2009 8:26 pm

Synapsid wrote:And besides, they contrast perfectly, and Shinji's also very pretty so they'd have pretty children.

I've heard that ugly skips a generation.

Evangelionfreak
Ireul
Ireul

•      
  •      

Postby Evangelionfreak » Mon May 25, 2009 8:30 pm

No he has eyes for me. We're just keeping it a secret ;)

and :clap: for Oedipusfoot
I don't care for Eva-elitists. I don't know everything, and neither do you.

"I'm real tempted to say Kaworu and Evangelionfreak" Rahaquiel-2DIS
"Is that why they call you EvangelionFreak?" DatDude
"I will never understand you, Evangelionfreak. Never ever." Faußtin
"-Shinji is all alone, but Kaworu walks up to him and says, "So it's only us now.". End. YOU[girls]WISH. I'm looking at you, Evangelionfreak."Rahaquiel-2DIS
"Well, that still leaves Evangelionfreak straighter to me. Phew." Reichu

Synapsid
Pilot
Pilot

•      
  •      

Postby Synapsid » Mon May 25, 2009 8:47 pm

Oedipusfoot wrote:I've heard that ugly skips a generation.
Eh, then we can't do much about it, all the kids are pretty so it's bound to happen with whoever they shack up with reference with the real GOS2 kid .

I guess they should all get genetic counseling, angel kids especially. But, Yui's pretty and Shinji came out pretty, dito with Asuka and Kyoko... And Kaworu and Akira (although granted it wasn't flawless).
It's a trap!|Saigo no shisha seitenkan
Genderbending is an important part of any fandom and must be taken very seriously. ZapalacX
If you ever say that name again, I will hunt you down and neuter you with a spork. Sailor Star Dust *cue Shinji's bloodcurling girly scream* LiLi
leave my innocent Shinjiko thread alone! Reichu Asuka would be the one going "SURPRISE BUTTSEKS, BAKA!!!!" while of course in appropriate dress and, *cough, gulp, snort*, with a certain strapped on accessory THE Hal E. Burton 9000

backseatjesus
Pilot
Pilot

•      
  •      

Postby backseatjesus » Mon May 25, 2009 9:00 pm

The thing is, are Asuka and Shinji in love? I doubt it. They're confusing love with need. They somewhat need each other to get through the shit they've been through since they're both messed up in similar ways. They see a bit of themselves in each other. Going through things like this together with someone like you is a lot easier than going through it alone. I think they're just strong friends, strong as friends can be. They don't realize it.

That's how I feel at least.

Timstuff
Nerv Employee
Nerv Employee

•      
  •      

Postby Timstuff » Mon May 25, 2009 10:52 pm

Please, don't derail this into another shipping debate thread. We've already discussed this more than we probably should have for this thread, so try to keep on topic about how potential kids would turn out.
DeviantArt profile being re-invented... Check back later.

SaltyJoe
Bridge Bunny
Bridge Bunny

•      
  •      

Postby SaltyJoe » Tue May 26, 2009 2:16 am

Oedipusfoot wrote:SaltyJoe: Anyone can look at a girl who blushes and is bitchy towards a certain guy and deduce that the girl likes that guy. It's like tip-off #1. She can act normal around Hikari and offer simple advice. This isn't giving yourself up for someone, this isn't close to the understanding required for deeper relationships..

SaltyJoe wrote:...that she has the understanding part down, at least to a degree.

I think i should have bolded that part in my original post. Look, i didn't say that this simple observation garners her an "Empath and Lover of the Year" award, but the fact that she cared enough to notice and that she can "act normal" around Hikari might show that there is a possibility for evolution in that direction.

Also, about the second part of your post: i always assumed that the fact that she craved Shinji's affections is what made her feel vulnerable, so she didn't want Shinji's attention to reduce her vulnerabilities.

But, since it's been asked to keep the thread on topic: don't know if this has been mentioned yet, but i think the stern, handsome looks of Prof. Fuyutski combined with the softer, rounder features of Misato could make for some gorgeous kids. And Kozo needs some love to.

Synapsid
Pilot
Pilot

•      
  •      

Postby Synapsid » Tue May 26, 2009 2:45 am

Timstuff wrote:so try to keep on topic about how potential kids would turn out.
Not a problem, that's what I've been talking about with (mostly) KawoShin kids...You probably do want genetic testing there, who knows how the angel genes would mix into the child.
SaltyJoe wrote: And Kozo needs some love to.
But, he only has eyes for Yui, and (outside of some unseen relation with Gendo) the only "love" type thing we see him do is try to make Yui's kid a trap :shinji_boohoo: as to have some sort of facsimile of what he never could reach.
Genderbending is an important part of any fandom and must be taken very seriously. ZapalacX
If you ever say that name again, I will hunt you down and neuter you with a spork. Sailor Star Dust *cue Shinji's bloodcurling girly scream* LiLi
leave my innocent Shinjiko thread alone! Reichu Asuka would be the one going "SURPRISE BUTTSEKS, BAKA!!!!" while of course in appropriate dress and, *cough, gulp, snort*, with a certain strapped on accessory THE Hal E. Burton 9000

SaltyJoe
Bridge Bunny
Bridge Bunny

•      
  •      

Postby SaltyJoe » Tue May 26, 2009 3:03 am

Synapsid wrote: But, he only has eyes for Yui,

Since it had been asked to keep the shipping down, i assumed that any combination of characters that could produce offspring is fair game, regardless of their relations (or lack of relations) in the series.

And i meant the "Kozo needs some love to" bit in the sense that he rarely gets mentioned in threads. Poor guy always gets shafted.

the only "love" type thing we see him do is try to make Yui's kid a trap

What?

Oedipusfoot
Ireul
Ireul

•      
  •      

Postby Oedipusfoot » Tue May 26, 2009 4:28 am

SaltyJoe wrote:I think i should have bolded that part in my original post...and that she can "act normal" around Hikari might show that there is a possibility for evolution in that direction.

Don't worry, I noticed. I was just being obnoxious. I thought that the points you made were valid, at any rate.

Also, about the second part of your post: i always assumed that the fact that she craved Shinji's affections is what made her feel vulnerable, so she didn't want Shinji's attention to reduce her vulnerabilities.

Ah...a light went on in my head. I haven't though too deeply about A/S, it was never my thing. Too bad this isn't the place to discuss or I'd ask you about it. Hm...

What?

Shin-chan looks like a girl but is a guy. Or...

@topic: Hyuga's a nice looking guy in the nerd sense, I bet he could handle Misato. Though something tells me their kids would look like Shinji. Why does it seem like he's the root for all these children designs?? He's like the original ancestor..

SaltyJoe
Bridge Bunny
Bridge Bunny

•      
  •      

Postby SaltyJoe » Tue May 26, 2009 5:01 am

Shin-chan looks like a girl but is a guy. Or...

But what does good ol' Prof. Fuyutski has to do with that? Or maybe i gravely misunderstood something in Synapsid's post?

@topic: Hyuga's a nice looking guy in the nerd sense, I bet he could handle Misato. Though something tells me their kids would look like Shinji. Why does it seem like he's the root for all these children designs?? He's like the original ancestor..

He certainly would like to handle her... And the nerdy ones are always full of surprises.

Last edited by SaltyJoe on Tue May 26, 2009 5:02 am, edited 1 time in total.

Timstuff
Nerv Employee
Nerv Employee

•      
  •      

Postby Timstuff » Tue May 26, 2009 5:01 am

It's because kids don't have very defined features. The older people get the more distinguished they become, but the younger they are, the more difficult to define they become-- ESPECIALLY in art, which is why you should never agree to do portraits of peoples' kids (ugh... bad memories). Also I think Shinji's probably going to look a bit different as an adult, since his secondary sexual characteristics aren't developed yet (methinks a sturdier jaw and more defined nose are in the way).

I do agree that Misato and Mokoto could make some very nice looking kids though, as I've long advocated. I can only imagine how cute a purple-hared little girl with glasses would be. ^_^

Synapsid
Pilot
Pilot

•      
  •      

Postby Synapsid » Tue May 26, 2009 6:19 am

SaltyJoe wrote:Since it had been asked to keep the shipping down, i assumed that any combination of characters that could produce offspring is fair game, regardless of their relations (or lack of relations) in the series.

Ah, sorry about that...If it's that way then Fuyutsuki wouldn't make a bad father.
SaltyJoe wrote:What?
No realy, I wasn't joking about that: Eva2 has Fuyu take Shin-chan and make him pretend to be Yui, and dress up in what he'd probably liked to have seen her in: basically all sorts of frilly clothes Yui would never have worn... :shinji_blush:

And since Eva 2 used script elements it's possible that if given the time during the show he would have pushed Shinji into drag... There's all sorts of things ethically wrong with him making Shinji into some sort of eteraz Yui... But it's also hilariously ironic that Fuyutski normally being the most sane and ethical of the Nerv and Seele bosses is trying to make Shinji a trap.

@Timstuff I guess so but it still depends on genetics and environment, and Shinji still looks quite androgynous in datenroku...So I'll stick to that, I do sort of see it as one of his defining traits.

And now that you mention it, Hikari does have purple hair in some Sadamoto drawings.

Joseph the PRPD
Elder God
Elder God

•      
  •      

Postby Joseph the PRPD » Tue May 26, 2009 6:45 am

*stumbles into thread*

Hm... If the cast of Eva had kids...
:chinscratch:

If Rei and Shinji had a kid and it turned out to be a girl...
She'd look exactly like Yui.
Cheese wheel in the U.S. Coast Guard.

BattleMonkey
Leliel
Leliel

•      
  •      

Postby BattleMonkey » Tue May 26, 2009 8:06 am

Incest can have dire consequences :nyao:

Mr. Tines
Administrator
Administrator

•      
  •      

Postby Mr. Tines » Tue May 26, 2009 11:52 am

NemZ wrote:I'm rather fond of a Shinji/Hikari option
There's a .gif floating about from one of the games with that as an option; she'd definitely fit the more maternal profile that could actually stabilize things -- if people didn't always think of her in the context of Touji-n-Hikari (or, perhaps, in the context of one of her lines in episode 23) :devil:

As Hikari comes from a largish family herself (given the context), the idea of a string of bouncy freckly youngsters seems a quite plausible one.

@Synapsid
"I have to go soon, to bed." is Asuka's line; it parallels
Episode 24 wrote:Shinji: We have to go to bed.
Kaoru: Together with you?
The first person narration was something that just happened; it wasn't a mode I'd used before, but, somehow, as events gathered pace towards Third Impact, the narrative demanded to be taken from inside someone's head.

SSD wrote:You're forgetting the fact Shinji's kissing "sucked" because...
Not forgetting (we know what Asuka says in 22'), just cutting out he long rehash.

SaltyJoe wrote:And Kozo needs some love too.
If only he wasn't so hopelessly fixated on Yui. And would need the young lady to make all the moves, I wouldn't wonder, too. (Certain Japanese fan-arts & fics aside)

BattleMonkey wrote:Incest can have dire consequences :nyao:
After several generations (just look at the average pedigree dog/can/horse/...) The most surprising thing about our current pedigree Tonkinese is that there isn't any incest in their recorded pedigrees.
Reminder: Play nicely <<>> My vanity publishing:- NGE|blog|Photos|retro-blog|Fanfics|🕊|🐸|MAL
Avatar: Whatever happens in 𝄆, we will always have the original Neon Nova Exceed!

BattleMonkey
Leliel
Leliel

•      
  •      

Postby BattleMonkey » Tue May 26, 2009 1:47 pm

Mr. Tines wrote:
BattleMonkey wrote:Incest can have dire consequences :nyao:
After several generations (just look at the average pedigree dog/can/horse/...) The most surprising thing about our current pedigree Tonkinese is that there isn't any incest in their recorded pedigrees.

Incest with a clone that comes out of dispenser (god knows how many they have gone through) and has issues with keeping her body alive in the first place or even from melting off? Sounds like good recipe for some fine kids.

Evayo
Shamshel
Shamshel

•      
  •      

Postby Evayo » Tue May 26, 2009 2:22 pm

I agree with the notion that Shinji and Rei's child would look a lot like Yui.

Timstuff
Nerv Employee
Nerv Employee

•      
  •      

Postby Timstuff » Tue May 26, 2009 2:41 pm

If Rei and Shinji had a little girl, they should name her Yui. :redface:

If Shinji and Asuka had a girl though, I think they should name her Kyoko after Asuka's mom.

BattleMonkey
Leliel
Leliel

•      
  •      

Postby BattleMonkey » Tue May 26, 2009 2:41 pm

Rei already is Yui basically, I don't think the result of a pairing of the two would product another Yui clone.

Guyver Spawn
DNA Donor
DNA Donor

•      
  •      

Postby Guyver Spawn » Tue May 26, 2009 3:36 pm

They both have a kid at the end of Girl Friend of Steel 2. Their was a April Fools joke poster that someone made where their was going to be a series called "The Peprise of Evangelion" where they show them as adults. It a fake series and does not exist just like AF but not as stupid.

Xbox live gamertag: Guyver Spawn 27
PSN: Hellspawn28

Return to “Evangelion General and Chit-Chat”