EVA-EXTRA Free Paper Magazine

Discussion of the new series of Evangelion movies ( "Evangelion Shin Gekijōban", meaning "Evangelion: New Theatrical Edition"). The final instalment made its debut in Japan on March 8, 2021.

Moderators: Rebuild/OT Moderators, Board Staff

Forum rules
By visiting this forum, you agree to read the rules for discussion.
Sailor Star Dust
Kept you waiting, huh?
Kept you waiting, huh?

•      
  •      

Postby Sailor Star Dust » Wed May 20, 2009 5:30 pm

Was the person standing in front of Rei confirmed to be Gendo, though? I thought we still weren't sure just who it was.
~Take care of yourself, I need you~

Axell
Bridge Bunny
Bridge Bunny

•      
  •      

Postby Axell » Wed May 20, 2009 7:21 pm

no sauce for it yet ssd

Oedipusfoot
Ireul
Ireul

•      
  •      

Postby Oedipusfoot » Wed May 20, 2009 8:08 pm

Hm...but who else could it be? Who else would Rei know well enough to be affected by (surprise face!)? Who else has those broad sloping shoulders, and that dark suit top? It's...Gendo!

UrsusArctos
The Beginning and The End
The Beginning and The End

•      
  •      

Postby UrsusArctos » Wed May 20, 2009 8:25 pm

Random section two agents have suit tops that are darker than Gendo's (black, in fact). It could be one of them just as easily.
(Was Board Staff from Dec 31, 2007 - Oct 17, 2015 and Oct 20, 2020 - Aug 1, 2021)
Not knowing that Monk is bi is like not knowing the Pope is Catholic - ZapX
You're either really bad at interpreting jokes or really good at pretending you are and I have no idea which.-Monk Ed
WAAAAAAAAGH!!!!!(<-link to lunacy)...Taste me, if you can bear it. (Warning: Language NSFW)
The main point of idiocy is for the smart to have their lulz. Without human idiocy, trolling would not exist, and that's uncool, since a large part of my entertainment consists of mocking the absurdity and dumbassery of the world, especially the Internet.-MaggotMaster

Sailor Star Dust
Kept you waiting, huh?
Kept you waiting, huh?

•      
  •      

Postby Sailor Star Dust » Wed May 20, 2009 8:27 pm

I was under the impression from the trailer that is was either Gendo, a section2 agent (HOLY SHIT IT'S MALCOLM SPIER! :grin: ), or Kaji.

Who knows, though.

Axell
Bridge Bunny
Bridge Bunny

•      
  •      

Postby Axell » Wed May 20, 2009 8:55 pm

one of the first theories that caught my attention (not gonna bother looking through thread for it) was that it corresponded to Rei getting a checkup like in the manga as Ritsuko has a stethoscope in one shot of trailer 2, sounds plausible. Ritsuko=coffee/cat lady

Sailor Star Dust
Kept you waiting, huh?
Kept you waiting, huh?

•      
  •      

Postby Sailor Star Dust » Wed May 20, 2009 9:15 pm

That's possible. A theory myself and some others had was the scene is possibly a Shinji/Rei tea scene and or possibly Rei getting shot O_o , but the latter idea doesn't seem to be possible based on how things look.

Anyway, I wish there was some more scans of Eva Extra and or it'd be available somewhere here in the states. :(

BattleMonkey
Leliel
Leliel

•      
  •      

Postby BattleMonkey » Wed May 20, 2009 10:36 pm

Rei gets shot, then blown up like normal later on, weeeee shes like Kenny. You killed Rei! You bastards!

Axell
Bridge Bunny
Bridge Bunny

•      
  •      

Postby Axell » Wed May 20, 2009 11:06 pm

you dont make that expression when getting shot, perhaps before being shot, but then why would the gun be smoking? warning shot?

BattleMonkey
Leliel
Leliel

•      
  •      

Postby BattleMonkey » Wed May 20, 2009 11:12 pm

You get shot a lot?

Gamer_2k4
Israfel
Israfel

•      
  •      

Postby Gamer_2k4 » Thu May 21, 2009 7:33 am

Sailor Star Dust wrote:A theory myself and some others had was the scene is possibly a Shinji/Rei tea scene

I admit that would be pretty nice; I really liked that scene. However, I've only seen Shinji wear black once, and if that object is a shoulder, there's no way it belongs to him.

But what if it's not a shoulder?

...What if it's a coffee machine? (Yeah I'm reaching now but I suddenly thought of that as I typed the last line.)
Gamer_2k4

Lucretius
Eva Technician
Eva Technician

•      
  •      

Postby Lucretius » Thu May 21, 2009 10:11 am

Maybe Gendou invites Shinji and Rei into his office for tea? Sounds implausible, but we know he wants them to get closer.

He shuddered a bit, remembering the somewhat creepy level of detail Kaji had gone into, while rubbing a watermelon in a disturbingly sexual way.

Life is a continuous nut-kicking contest where your turn comes last if ever. -majlund

Proud supporter of Shinji x Sachiel

Lagann
Gaghiel
Gaghiel

•      
  •      

Postby Lagann » Thu May 21, 2009 12:10 pm

Axell wrote:one of the first theories that caught my attention (not gonna bother looking through thread for it) was that it corresponded to Rei getting a checkup like in the manga as Ritsuko has a stethoscope in one shot of trailer 2, sounds plausible. Ritsuko=coffee/cat lady

I agree. If you look at both shots there is a stream of ligt across both of them and Ritsuko wearing a stethescope is too coincident.
And it also works perfect to give Ritsuko character development if the Iruel battle is not included.

Sailor Star Dust
Kept you waiting, huh?
Kept you waiting, huh?

•      
  •      

Postby Sailor Star Dust » Thu May 21, 2009 12:41 pm

Luc wrote:Maybe Gendou invites Shinji and Rei into his office for tea?

Perhaps but the background in the image (at me at least) looks like it's in Rei's crappy apartment.

Lagann
Gaghiel
Gaghiel

•      
  •      

Postby Lagann » Thu May 21, 2009 12:46 pm

With all this talk of incorperating scenes from the manga into Rebuild,Im really hoping that Kaworu is not his manga version.

Gamer_2k4
Israfel
Israfel

•      
  •      

Postby Gamer_2k4 » Thu May 21, 2009 1:30 pm

Sailor Star Dust wrote:Perhaps but the background in the image (at me at least) looks like it's in Rei's crappy apartment.

It doesn't to me for two reasons. First, any building could have grey walls. Second, there's that bluish area, which I know is not a window (we can see that light is coming in from another direction, which means that blue area is too dark to be another window). Since it's not a window, it's either a colored part of the the wall (which doesn't seem likely in Rei's apartment) or maybe that aquarium that was shown earlier in the trailer.

Also, that "smoke" seems to be restricted to the blue area; that is, it's moving behind Rei, rather than between her and the black object. It's possible it's not at all relevant to the scene.
Gamer_2k4

IrkenEvangelion
Pilot
Pilot

•      
  •      

Postby IrkenEvangelion » Thu May 21, 2009 2:25 pm

Maybe it's the aquarium.
THIS IS STEINS;GATE'S CHOICE!
----<3 Merchant meets Spicy Wolf <3----
8 YEARS OF EVA, Does it mean something to you?
EvaPedia|Xbox Live|El Psy Congroo

Sailor Star Dust
Kept you waiting, huh?
Kept you waiting, huh?

•      
  •      

Postby Sailor Star Dust » Thu May 21, 2009 2:37 pm

Gamer wrote:Also, that "smoke" seems to be restricted to the blue area; that is, it's moving behind Rei,

I thought the smoke was steam from some tea (since it being smoke from a gun wouldn't make sense given how the scene looks).

DummyPlug
Tunniel
Tunniel

•      
  •      

Postby DummyPlug » Thu May 21, 2009 4:05 pm

Will tea get it's own thread?

The smoke is between Rei and the "shoulder". Notice it moves with the shoulder as the camera zooms out, if it was in the background it wouldn't move as much.

Ok, I'm sticking with the Gendo hypothesis, maybe the tea will serve as a catalyst to further replace her mental image of Gendo with that of Shinji.

I can't understand Asuka's "girl of the month" page. I can see a little Asuka chewing at the bottom right but that's about it. halp?
Also, is it just me or does Asuka look a little bit too young here?
Good prog/modern metal at:
http://acrypticcreature.blogspot.com

ZapX
Guided by the New Era
Guided by the New Era

•      
  •      

Postby ZapX » Thu May 21, 2009 4:29 pm

Are you asking what the Japanese says? That's all I can help you with.
ʕ•ᴥ•ʔ"Stop watching anime. it makes you think all girls are incredibly hot and shy, and there are 10 that all want your boner which just isn't true." -Brik-aniki

"I CAN'T HELP IT THAT I WANT TO EAT MY OWN VULVA AND SHARE IT WITH A LOVED ONE!"-Reichu

"I have a fetish for naked women with stigmata playing ping pong in the mud. Is there a name for that?" -Kaiser O-Ornette-dono-sama

“Don’t do that; that was probably hooker money.” -SSD on me holding money with my mouth

Return to “Rebuild of Evangelion Discussion”