Any word on REBUILD 2.0 yet?

Discussion of the new series of Evangelion movies ( "Evangelion Shin Gekijōban", meaning "Evangelion: New Theatrical Edition"). The final instalment made its debut in Japan on March 8, 2021.

Moderators: Rebuild/OT Moderators, Board Staff

Forum rules
By visiting this forum, you agree to read the rules for discussion.
JimmyWolk
Ireul
Ireul

Postby JimmyWolk » Fri Mar 13, 2009 1:40 pm

NAveryW wrote:
JimmyWolk wrote:Eh... hope that's a fake/typo/stupid joke. The Wevangelion change was already highly unnecessary, but changing an entire name?
Oh no, they changed one of a single character's three names! Think of the poor second children!
Well, the name is part of the identity... >_>
Still, my main gripe is that it'd be just another pointless change like the logos, Weva, new plugsuit and Eva designs (though arguably a bit more drastic) to say "look tis is Rebuild, it's teh new!"

'Sides, "Shikinami Asuka Langely" just doesn't sound as good... :P

Eric Blair
Alberto del Rio
Alberto del Rio

Postby Eric Blair » Fri Mar 13, 2009 1:53 pm

NAveryW wrote:Oh no, they changed one of a single character's three names! Think of the poor second children!

Seems like the time you were upset because Weva didn't have enough frames or something like that... I don;t have the whole thing fresh in my mind, since it was idiotic and that gets an instatnt "delete" from my memory, but O probably has the logs.

In any event, like I said in the IRC, THIS is just another reason by weva fails; add it to the already piling stack of them. Anno should have done the honorable thing which was commit seppuku after EoE, but instead he chose to live and after being confronted by the notion that nothing he'll ever do will ever be bigger than eva, has decided to troll fans as revenge.
In this time of Rebuild, I'm proud to be one of the few fans of the original NGE, and one of the last proud fans of Asuka Langley Soryu.
Avatar: A fighting boy meets girl on a one night stand, walking into the blue, ending day by day as they dance in a very merry Christmas, continuing on my own as a burning one man force while you come and make my day approaching in the nick of time and always, stand by me.

Reichu
Admin Emeritus
Admin Emeritus

Postby Reichu » Fri Mar 13, 2009 2:13 pm

Is it just me, or have the Asuka fantards been disproportionately whinier about (potential) changes in Shingekijouban than any other subgroup? You bunch of sillies... She's a Captain now; you should be pleased.

At any rate, I have to catch a plane in a couple of hours and I don't know if I'll be able to translate anything until next Wednesday. Someone else, feel free to step in here.
さらば、全てのEvaGeeks。
「滅びの運命は新生の喜びでもある」
Departure Message | The Arqa Apocrypha: An Evangelion Analysis Blog

Ramiel²
Ramiel
Ramiel

Postby Ramiel² » Fri Mar 13, 2009 2:17 pm

I hope this flight goes to the Original premiere of the Trailer on Big screen!

:grin:

Reichu
Admin Emeritus
Admin Emeritus

Postby Reichu » Fri Mar 13, 2009 2:21 pm

Ramiel² wrote:I hope this flight goes to the Original premiere of the Trailer on Big screen!

......huh? :huh:
さらば、全てのEvaGeeks。
「滅びの運命は新生の喜びでもある」

Eric Blair
Alberto del Rio
Alberto del Rio

Postby Eric Blair » Fri Mar 13, 2009 2:26 pm

He's asking if you're going to Japan, Silly Reichu

Reichu wrote:Is it just me, or have the Asuka fantards been disproportionately whinier about (potential) changes in Shingekijouban than any other subgroup? You bunch of sillies... She's a Captain now; you should be pleased.

I hope you keep the same attitude when Anno reveals that Dr. K's real name is something more like Hade or Urisen :smirk:
In this time of Rebuild, I'm proud to be one of the few fans of the original NGE, and one of the last proud fans of Asuka Langley Soryu.
Avatar: A fighting boy meets girl on a one night stand, walking into the blue, ending day by day as they dance in a very merry Christmas, continuing on my own as a burning one man force while you come and make my day approaching in the nick of time and always, stand by me.

Ramiel²
Ramiel
Ramiel

Postby Ramiel² » Fri Mar 13, 2009 2:27 pm

Did i misunderstood something?

You've got to catch a plane and i do a joke about that you are flying to the Premiere in Japan where the trailer for Wevangelion is supposed to be shown..

But probably this joke failed ._.

Reichu
Admin Emeritus
Admin Emeritus

Postby Reichu » Fri Mar 13, 2009 2:33 pm

Eric Blair wrote:He's asking if you're going to Japan, Silly Reichu

....... Oh.

I hope you keep the same attitude when Anno reveals that Dr. K's real name is something more like Hade or Urisen :smirk:

I've long prepared myself for the worst. My mourning will be totally incomparable to Asuka fantards' ridiculously defensive, no-sense-of-perspective fantardation. The vaguest intimation of a hint that there will be the slightest fraction of a micron of difference between NGE-Asuka and Rebuild-Asuka, and they start spewing fire onto a thread like Dilandau on one of his "Burn, baby, burn!" rampages. Only, nowhere near as cool.

EDIT: No, no, you're more like a bunch of fire-breathing dragons devoted to the worship of some precious idol which must be protected from any perceived "disfigurement", although you're actually quite small and ineffectual, so all you can do is flail around and try scorching things in impotent rage once the supposed "disfigurement" has already occurred.
さらば、全てのEvaGeeks。
「滅びの運命は新生の喜びでもある」

Eric Blair
Alberto del Rio
Alberto del Rio

Postby Eric Blair » Fri Mar 13, 2009 2:45 pm

Reichu wrote:I've long prepared myself for the worst. My mourning will be totally incomparable to Asuka fantards' ridiculously defensive, no-sense-of-perspective fantardation.

What?

Reichu wrote:The vaguest intimation of a hint that there will be the slightest fraction of a micron of difference between NGE-Asuka and Rebuild-Asuka, and they start spewing fire onto a thread like Dilandau on one of his "Burn, baby, burn!" rampages. Only, nowhere near as cool.

Ok, what's this? has V taken possession of your earthly coil, or is this some sort of over verbose grandiose attempt at saying "Nee-neeh! Whiner!"

Let it be said, I don't think Webuild fails just because of this, as I said before this is just another reason; practically, the only thing Webuild did good was Ramiel, and that's about it; the rest of the time it's just like rewatching the animu (agreed, with better, crispier animation) or re-reading the mangoe (only this one comes faster and on time)

If I were to draw a parallel, watching webuild and the animu side by side is like watching Starwars Original and the remastered hyper deluxe whatever it's called edition; nothing much in the way of the story is changed, except for minute tidbits being changed.

Of course, you should know this better than me, seeing as how the whole site was based around the notion of "Hey! let's all of us anal retentive fans band together to obsessively discuss about every small detail we can find of a series no one understands but we have to otherwise we are failures!"

Other than that, I guess you're right; why spend too much time on this when we cold be doing something better, like say, having a life :P

Reichu wrote:EDIT: No, no, you're more like a bunch of fire-breathing dragons devoted to the worship of some precious idol which must be protected from any perceived "disfigurement", although you're actually quite small and ineffectual, so all you can do is flail around and try scorching things in impotent rage once the supposed "disfigurement" has already occurred.

So says the manchild :smirk:

NAveryW
Insect Politician
Insect Politician

Postby NAveryW » Fri Mar 13, 2009 2:49 pm

Eric Blair wrote:the only thing Webuild did good was Ramiel, and that's about it; the rest of the time it's just like rewatching the animu (agreed, with better, crispier animation) or re-reading the mangoe (only this one comes faster and on time)
On time? Hah.

Also, it was said from the beginning that the first film would be almost the same as the original, but that the future films would diverge significantly. Plus Anno declined to accept that award and everything because he didn't want the films to be judged until they're all out (not that withholding one's judgement for several years is remotely possible).
"Today?... hmm... today... right... Um... I'm just gonna wing it." -Guess who

Eric Blair
Alberto del Rio
Alberto del Rio

Postby Eric Blair » Fri Mar 13, 2009 2:56 pm

NAveryW wrote: future films would diverge significantly.

I'm pretty sure he meant story-wise; if he had wanted to diverge it significantly, he could just as easily have Yui's preservedin cryo-stasis body be shown as the prime body of all the Rei clones.

Oh no, wait, then how do we explain 01?

Then he could have said Misato died along with Dr. K on that explosion known as second impact and then...

OIh no, wait... then how do we sell all those doritos, beers and pizza hut promos, as long as the thong fanservice?

Ok, maybe he could've made Ritusko parade herself in just her swimwear instead of dresed in her lab coat and then have Gendo come by and tell her that he really neede-

Oh, no... wait... then how would we see that last scene?

Again, this just reinforces my personal opinion that the film fails; Anno should have stopped at EoE, which was very good, but instead, he chose to come back and re tell a story that has no need being retold.

NAveryW
Insect Politician
Insect Politician

Postby NAveryW » Fri Mar 13, 2009 3:13 pm

Eric Blair wrote:Again, this just reinforces my personal opinion that the film fails; Anno should have stopped at EoE, which was very good, but instead, he chose to come back and re tell a story that has no need being retold.
I'm not going to place judgement on whether the rema-- erm, "entirely new production" is necessary or a good decision until all the films are out. Even if it does turn out to be inadequate, though, this "new production" doesn't in any way mar the original. There's really nothing to lose by making more.

Lagann
Gaghiel
Gaghiel

Postby Lagann » Fri Mar 13, 2009 3:16 pm

Actualy after watching Rebuild and the trailer for 2.0 it starting to look more like the evangelion proposal.

JimmyWolk
Ireul
Ireul

Postby JimmyWolk » Fri Mar 13, 2009 3:19 pm

Reichu wrote:Is it just me, or have the Asuka fantards been disproportionately whinier about (potential) changes in Shingekijouban than any other subgroup? You bunch of sillies... She's a Captain now; you should be pleased.
Dunno about the other "fantards", but I tend to be pretty whiny in general. :P

It doesn't help though that - by current stand - Asuka did get quite shafted in Rebuild. Not even a cameo in 1.x while squeezing Kaworu in, having to share her introduction with "exciting" new charas/Evas unlike the other main charas, has already the most changes we've seen so far for a character, the whole talk about her having a new role... I'd add her being pushed aside on the movie poster, but with her now alone on the tickets, that'd probably come off as too whiny... :P
Even if all that doesn't turn out that bad/is evened out, is it too surprising to worry one's favorite character won't remain true to the one you like? Her being a captain means rather little for that (if that's going to be relevant at all).

NAveryW
Insect Politician
Insect Politician

Postby NAveryW » Fri Mar 13, 2009 3:20 pm

Lagann wrote:Actualy after watching Rebuild and the trailer for 2.0 it starting to look more like the evangelion proposal.
I've postulated the whole time that it'll end up like the Proposal, what with all the design changes to early prototypes and the twelve coffins on the moon.

Lagann
Gaghiel
Gaghiel

Postby Lagann » Fri Mar 13, 2009 3:41 pm

Maybe the new movies will explaine what the ruins of arka was going to be

NAveryW
Insect Politician
Insect Politician

Postby NAveryW » Fri Mar 13, 2009 4:13 pm

Lagann wrote:Maybe the new movies will explaine what the ruins of arka was going to be
That's what I've been hoping for, causing Reichu to yell at me.

iamsynch
Embryo

Postby iamsynch » Fri Mar 13, 2009 5:55 pm

It's 3/14 in Japan..
waiting for the trailer..

Ramiel²
Ramiel
Ramiel

Postby Ramiel² » Fri Mar 13, 2009 5:59 pm

Same here :smirk:

BrikHaus
Dokutah Tenma
Dokutah Tenma

Postby BrikHaus » Fri Mar 13, 2009 6:27 pm

stefmeister wrote:According to above link they have changed Asuka's name to Shikinami Asuka Langley?

This idiocy, is probably the reason why the movie was delayed an entire year.
Awesomely Shitty
-"That purace has more badassu maddafaakas zan supermax spaceland."
-On EMF, as a thread becomes longer, the likelihood that fem-Kaworu will be mentioned increases exponentially.
-the only English language novel actually being developed in parallel to its Japanese version involving a pan-human Soviet in a galactic struggle to survive and to export the communist utopia/revolution to all the down trodden alien class and race- one of the premise being that Khrushchev remains and has abandoned Lysenko stupidity

Return to “Rebuild of Evangelion Discussion”