Relating to the Characters

This is the place to start: Feel free to introduce yourself, have general conversations and casual discussions about all things Evangelion, including chit-chatty topics like "Sachiel is adorable" or "Which Eva kicks the most ass?"

Moderator: Board Staff

LeoXiao
Bridge Bunny
Bridge Bunny

•      
  •      

Postby LeoXiao » Sat Feb 28, 2009 8:23 pm

If you're rude and overbearing how do you have friends?

BrikHaus
Dokutah Tenma
Dokutah Tenma

•      
  •      

Postby BrikHaus » Sun Mar 01, 2009 12:45 pm

LeoXiao wrote:If you're rude and overbearing how do you have friends?

Chicks love that shit.
Awesomely Shitty
-"That purace has more badassu maddafaakas zan supermax spaceland."
-On EMF, as a thread becomes longer, the likelihood that fem-Kaworu will be mentioned increases exponentially.
-the only English language novel actually being developed in parallel to its Japanese version involving a pan-human Soviet in a galactic struggle to survive and to export the communist utopia/revolution to all the down trodden alien class and race- one of the premise being that Khrushchev remains and has abandoned Lysenko stupidity

GAP
Matarael
Matarael

•      
  •      

Postby GAP » Sun Mar 01, 2009 2:30 pm

LeoXiao wrote:If you're rude and overbearing how do you have friends?

I don't want to be either.
Fall into GAP! Guernsey Adams Pierre

AyrYntake
Sahaquiel
Sahaquiel

•      
  •      

Postby AyrYntake » Sun Mar 01, 2009 3:30 pm

Quizzes (when truthfully filled in) almost always give me Rei, occasionally Kaworu; I personally identify with Fuyutsuki, try (and fail) to be like Kaji when I feel the need to manipulate people/things/knowledge.
Cirrus, Socrates, particle, decibel, hurricane, dolphin, tulip

Guyver Spawn
DNA Donor
DNA Donor

Resemblance to characters?

•      
  •      

Postby Guyver Spawn » Fri Mar 20, 2009 6:42 pm

What characters are you most like? Physical? Mentaly? or anything that the topic goes with. For me:

Physicaly: I don't look any of them though but my 8th Grade Math Teacher did look like Gendo.

Personality: I would say Rei since socially withdrawn, seemingly emotionless, and rarely interacts with anyone expect for my persoal friends and my Family, or anyone that I work with like my Boss.

What about you? Sorry if someone already made this topic before.
Xbox live gamertag: Guyver Spawn 27
PSN: Hellspawn28

Axell
Bridge Bunny
Bridge Bunny

•      
  •      

Postby Axell » Fri Mar 20, 2009 7:00 pm

personality, Shinji with some au Shinji cuz i'm not a complete loser, a little of aoba's cynicism

looks, been told i look like gendo, having a beard and orange classes helps :)

ZapX
Guided by the New Era
Guided by the New Era

•      
  •      

Postby ZapX » Fri Mar 20, 2009 7:03 pm

ʕ•ᴥ•ʔ"Stop watching anime. it makes you think all girls are incredibly hot and shy, and there are 10 that all want your boner which just isn't true." -Brik-aniki

"I CAN'T HELP IT THAT I WANT TO EAT MY OWN VULVA AND SHARE IT WITH A LOVED ONE!"-Reichu

"I have a fetish for naked women with stigmata playing ping pong in the mud. Is there a name for that?" -Kaiser O-Ornette-dono-sama

“Don’t do that; that was probably hooker money.” -SSD on me holding money with my mouth

Guyver Spawn
DNA Donor
DNA Donor

•      
  •      

Postby Guyver Spawn » Fri Mar 20, 2009 7:24 pm

Damn I forgot about that one. Can someone lock this one.
Xbox live gamertag: Guyver Spawn 27
PSN: Hellspawn28

Otakon 08 Ikari
DNA Donor
DNA Donor

•      
  •      

Postby Otakon 08 Ikari » Fri Mar 20, 2009 9:26 pm

Well my 2 best friends and they're respected girlfriends all look the part of the characters they cosplay..

http://i44.tinypic.com/21m5hna.jpg

http://i41.tinypic.com/i1k8rm.jpg

Some examples
Dr. Trans Old Fashioned Peppermint Dickables

http://pshbling.deviantart.com/gallery/ Go there for Eva cosplay.

Reichu
Admin Emeritus
Admin Emeritus

•      
  •      

Postby Reichu » Fri Mar 20, 2009 9:32 pm

Guyver Spawn wrote:Damn I forgot about that one. Can someone lock this one.

I'll just lazily merge them instead.
さらば、全てのEvaGeeks。
「滅びの運命は新生の喜びでもある」
Departure Message | The Arqa Apocrypha: An Evangelion Analysis Blog

pat457
Gaghiel
Gaghiel

•      
  •      

Postby pat457 » Mon Mar 30, 2009 9:04 am

Must be Shinji, since I'm quite introverted and has got a walkman plugged on my ears all day.
"God forbid that I actually make any logical sense whatsoever!"
- Me from around three years ago. Thank God I still don't.

Destinii Haruya
Embryo

•      
  •      

Postby Destinii Haruya » Mon Mar 30, 2009 10:57 am

Quite a few, to be honest. I never knew my father, am usually very depressed, constantly listen to music, and- seriously- tend to scream things like "Help me, <name>!" at people when I'm really, really depressed. I'm also a social failure. However, I also have Asuka's temper, Rei's "OMGschoolmustworklharasjdgjhdgfdjg"-ness and social fail, and occassionally Misato's... hyperness. xD

Jedi_Master
Embryo

•      
  •      

Postby Jedi_Master » Fri Apr 10, 2009 11:03 pm

Combo: Shinji and Rei because I'm an introvert, Asuka 'cause I get pissed off easily and blow up at others over their perceived shortcomings, and Misato 'cause I'll take charge of any situation and will drink at breakfast/

Mr. Tines
Administrator
Administrator

•      
  •      

Postby Mr. Tines » Sat Apr 11, 2009 2:16 am

Jedi_Master wrote:Misato 'cause I'll ... will drink at breakfast/

"BEER -- more than just a breakfast drink."
Reminder: Play nicely <<>> My vanity publishing:- NGE|blog|Photos|retro-blog|Fanfics &c.|MAL|𝕏|🐸|🦣

Alaska Slim
Frigus Ignoramus
Frigus Ignoramus

•      
  •      

Postby Alaska Slim » Sat Apr 11, 2009 2:43 am

BrikHaus wrote:I relate most to an off-screen character: Maya's lesbian lover. Come on, you know she exists.

As much as the soul of a little autistic girl inside of EVA-00.

In any event, the character I most relate to? Hate to be cliché here Reichu, but it is Shinji.

The hair, the clothes, the mannerisms, they were all spitting images of myself at 14, but I also lived in the nation's capital, rode the metro, played a strings instrument (in my case the bass), which I felt was my only call to identity, and what's more, I lived virtually alone.

At that time, it was only my father and myself, but he frequently went on business trips, or wouldn't arrive until late at night, so I had to learn to do chores, to cook, and generally take care of myself. During the business trips, I was expected to head next door and stay there with a women whom by trade was a teacher.

My life was essentially little more than going through the motions, wake up (usually at about 5:30), get ready for school, go to the bus stop, go to school, hoped I don't get picked on today, play with the school orchestra, get to the bus, go home, practice, eat what I can prepare, go to sleep.

If it didn't relate to the orchestra, I did nothing after school, and spent hours on end just being alone, tried to convince myself that I was fine like that, and for much of it I believe I was... but, not always...

There was this one day I remember, when the power went out, it was raining non-stop, you could hardly see more than a couple yards out and... if you ever read or seen Stephen King's The Langoliers, the entire day felt like that, just as empty, just as still, only far more dark and sinister, it felt so surreal, and so terrifying, it was like something was trying to smother me... I honestly couldn't believe such a day, that such a feeling was possible, I had before been afraid of nights and the dark, and took comfort in thought of "the day will come" during those times, but when you're afraid in the middle of the day, heh, what is there to look foreword to?

Several times I went outside and paced for hours in the rain, just hoping, praying for someone to come... of course, no one did... and after what seemed like an eternity in this never ending grayness, it steadily got darker, and I was forced to choose between fear of the approaching darkness, and the stillness of the house, the former won over I guess as I stayed inside. The rest of the time I just stood put in the living room, looking at this still gloomy scene surrounding the window, the whine of a very shrill violin playing in my throbbing mind, like that of horror films to highlight a tense moment... the entire time I was just thinking "how, how can this be happening? I don't understand! This is reality, dammit! And this is my home!". The most heart pounding moment was perhaps when I was fooling around with an old candle holder, one of the candles that I had lit, fell off, and rolled under the coffee table. It was surrounded by a glass bulb, so it didn’t catch fire onto anything, still yet I panicked and picked it up instantly without thinking, and burned my hand a bit doing so against the hot glass.

Finally, after sitting alone in the dark for so long, and already practically in tears, the power finally came back on, and life for me went back to normal... and my fear once again retracted. It was honestly one of those self-discovery moments I could of rather done without… it told me, when it really counted, just how much I feared, being alone…
"Therefore encourage one another and build one another up, just as you are doing." - 1 Thessalonians 5:11

"It is one of the blessings of old friends that you can afford to be stupid with them." -Ralph Waldo Emerson

"God is in his Heaven, and free men walk upon the Earth" - Rev. Robert Sirico, President of the Acton Institute

TheLobe
Sachiel
Sachiel

•      
  •      

Postby TheLobe » Sun Apr 12, 2009 1:57 am

Shinji. everyone can relate to rejection and worrieing whether anyone likes you. has anyone ever got that really good feeling when your praised. not Asuka cause im not a jerk and im a guy. most of the other characters are somehow inhuman, souless just too awesome or justy older than me.

xtr00kvltcorex
Gaghiel
Gaghiel

•      
  •      

Postby xtr00kvltcorex » Tue Apr 14, 2009 2:19 pm

Most likely Shinji, internally, and Toji, externally.
I’m spinning
Faster than the earth
I’m shining
Brighter than the stars

yokuchi
Adam

•      
  •      

Postby yokuchi » Sun Apr 19, 2009 9:16 pm

Alaska Slim wrote:There was this one day I remember, when the power went out, it was raining non-stop, you could hardly see more than a couple yards out and...

I think we can all relate to that type of surreal and bleak experience at some point in our lives. Whenever I see someone in a situation like that, I try to be there to rescue them. I guess that makes me somewhat like Misato. Mostly, I tend to be like Rei and Kaworu, but on a deeper level than just social oddness.
insert witty and offensive political banter here

TheLobe
Sachiel
Sachiel

•      
  •      

Postby TheLobe » Sun Apr 19, 2009 9:52 pm

I can only ever see anyone relating properly to Shinji Asuka Misato and to an extent fuyutski. younger viewers will get what Shinji and Asuka are going through, although Asuka is rather polarizing. Misato and fuyuski can relate to adults in similar positions. Misato especially as she apppears to have three personalities that can be related to.

backseatjesus
Pilot
Pilot

•      
  •      

Postby backseatjesus » Sun Apr 19, 2009 10:16 pm

I'm a mixture of Shinji and Asuka because I usually reject conversation and people, but when I do talk, I can usually be a straight cunt. Also, I listen to my music a lot like Shinji.

Return to “Evangelion General and Chit-Chat”