What is the most powerful Eva?

This is the place to start: Feel free to introduce yourself, have general conversations and casual discussions about all things Evangelion, including chit-chatty topics like "Sachiel is adorable" or "Which Eva kicks the most ass?"

Moderator: Board Staff

master_lloyd
Nerv Employee
Nerv Employee

•      
  •      

Postby master_lloyd » Fri Jun 20, 2008 3:38 am

zimlord wrote: A hilarious meme

I LOVE YOU. :clap:
Neon Genesis Evangelion (from the Greek Ευανγελιον, meaning "Gigantic robots piloted by mentally ill children")
Eva Facts:
-Gendo's final silenced line to Ritsuko was "I'm going to shoot you now."
-Nagisa Kaworu kills a kitten every time you masturbate.
-Kaji's first and last name was Kaji

Gamer_2k4
Israfel
Israfel

•      
  •      

Postby Gamer_2k4 » Mon Jun 23, 2008 3:17 pm

Unit 0: Doesn't really do anything.
Unit 1: It'll mess you up if it goes berserk.
Unit 2: It'll mess you up, period.
Unit 3: Destroyed by Unit 1 and therefore < Unit 1
Unit 4: Destroyed randomly, so it couldn't have been THAT powerful.
MP Evas: Nine of them were owned by Unit 2. CLEARLY < Unit 2
That nuclear tool: All it did was walk. Not so spectacular.

So, in order from best to worst:
Unit 2
Unit 1
Unit 3
Unit 0
MP Evas
Unit 4
That nuclear tool

Remember, Unit 1 isn't the only one that can go berserk; it's just the only one that does. Unit 2 came close to going berserk in EoE AFTER it had been eviscerated. I'd like to see Unit 1 do that. And the only reason Unit 1 beat Unit 2 when Kaworu was controlling it was because he wasn't trying very hard. It was more of a "you stand in front of Unit 1 while I end the world" kind of thing.
Gamer_2k4

Sailor Star Dust
Kept you waiting, huh?
Kept you waiting, huh?

•      
  •      

Postby Sailor Star Dust » Mon Jun 23, 2008 4:22 pm

That nuclear tool= Jet Alone, just so you know.
~Take care of yourself, I need you~

master_lloyd
Nerv Employee
Nerv Employee

•      
  •      

Postby master_lloyd » Mon Jun 23, 2008 4:33 pm

JA doesn't really count as an eva. It is completely mechanical and cannot generate an AT field.
Neon Genesis Evangelion (from the Greek Ευανγελιον, meaning "Gigantic robots piloted by mentally ill children")
Eva Facts:
-Gendo's final silenced line to Ritsuko was "I'm going to shoot you now."
-Nagisa Kaworu kills a kitten every time you masturbate.
-Kaji's first and last name was Kaji

Gamer_2k4
Israfel
Israfel

•      
  •      

Postby Gamer_2k4 » Mon Jun 23, 2008 4:44 pm

master_lloyd wrote:JA doesn't really count as an eva. It is completely mechanical and cannot generate an AT field.

Oh...it's kind of useless then, right? I mean, even more useless than its demonstration test let on.
Gamer_2k4

Sailor Star Dust
Kept you waiting, huh?
Kept you waiting, huh?

•      
  •      

Postby Sailor Star Dust » Mon Jun 23, 2008 5:04 pm

Jet Alone Prime (Eva2 game) isn't as bad at least...Though it's nothing compared to the Eva of course. ;)
~Take care of yourself, I need you~

V
Banned

•      
  •      

Postby V » Tue Jun 24, 2008 12:23 am

unquestionably, Eva-01 FOLLOWING her S2 Organ upgrade became the most powerful Evangelion.

Eva-00 is just the buggy prototype.

Eva-01 can go berserk easily but that's kind of at the sacrifice of refined control.

Eva-02 is the pinnacle of standard Eva design; complete refinement of the control process, as well as fitted with *internal* weapons, etc. (I always wonder if ALL Evas can use missle-spikes or use retro-rockets, you know things that the shoulder pylons have, seeing as they are perhaps interchangeable.....nonetheless I think Eva-02 is presented as the only one DESIGNED to do that.....anyway this "refined control" goes both ways as it almost never goes berserker mode.

Eva-03 and Eva-03; okay let me simply say that "Bardiel" does not equate to "Eva-03". Hypothetically, they do not seem to be that much more of an advance over Eva-02. Practically, both of them never saw real normal usage.

As for the Mass Production Evangelions: well, lets off the bat ignore the postulation of "well, what if they had pilots in the MP Evas?" the whole point behind the MP Evas is that they DO NOT need pilots (flying is an added perk)

The MP Evas were designed so that they don't need a pilot and can thus fight until they are hamburger. It would take either A-total body dismemberment or B- destroying the S2 Engine or Dummy Plug, to deactivate an MP Eva.

The drawback of course, is that they're morons: they're just animals, they're not as smart as a human pilot. I mean they outnumber Asuka 9 to 1, but they proceed to attack her ONE AT A TIME instead of trying any coordinated battle plans WHATSOEVER. Of course, they've got replica Lances of Longinus, but that's not an "Eva" feature that's a weapon, and Eva-02 could have used it just as much.

Long story short: Eva-01 POST-Zeruel, with and S2 Organ, vs the MP Evas? Well in actual EoE, Shinji didn't even get a chance to fight them because 3rd Impact began.

However....ultimately due to Eva-01's use of a living pilot and capacity for creative thought as a result, I think it would outperform the autonomous but stupid MP Evas.

As for Eva-01 PRE-Zeruel, this is all debateable.

Eva-01 and Eva-02 (before episode 19) are just so evenly matched; Eva-01 is a bit more berserk and its an experimental "dead end" with Lilith they tried only once, but Eva-02 is the Production Model that they really refined a lot. So really there is no clear favorite.
Who is "Codename V"?....
I'm pleased to meet you and I hope you guessed my name, but what's puzzling you, is the nature of my game...so catch me if you can!! (0:50)
"Superior ability breeds superior ambition" -- Spock, Star Trek TOS episode 1.24 "Space Seed"
You say you say you want a REvolution?...
-->It was only after I lost everything, that I realized: I was free to do anything...

Iron Rooster
Tokyo-3 Resident
Tokyo-3 Resident

•      
  •      

Postby Iron Rooster » Tue Jun 24, 2008 9:34 pm

I wonder how berserk Unit 02 would compare with berserk Unit 01? Personally, I think Yui would totally kick Kyoko's ass to the moon.

@V - I'm not sure what you mean by refined control. Do you mean that the Eva is less succeptible to overriding the pilot's control? I think Asuka's aggressive nature is part of the reason why Unit 02 is so awesome in combat when it's not fighting some ludicrously powerful angel.
STROOPWAFELS!!!!!!!
Don't trust a prince on a white horse. He probably likes to rape dolls.
Dumbest thread I've ever started

UrsusArctos
The Beginning and The End
The Beginning and The End

•      
  •      

Postby UrsusArctos » Wed Jun 25, 2008 6:28 am

Don't forget that Eva-01's one-off creation might have made it a much more powerful Eva than the rest. Well, certainly one with more hidden surprises. And one with much more plot support and fancier decals. :wink:

Yui versus Kyoko would result in Kyoko getting beaten up, unless there was a homicidal Asuka in the entry plug (Replace nine harpies with Eva-01 and you get the idea). I wonder how that match would result?
(Was Board Staff from Dec 31, 2007 - Oct 17, 2015 and Oct 20, 2020 - Aug 1, 2021)
Not knowing that Monk is bi is like not knowing the Pope is Catholic - ZapX
You're either really bad at interpreting jokes or really good at pretending you are and I have no idea which.-Monk Ed
WAAAAAAAAGH!!!!!(<-link to lunacy)...Taste me, if you can bear it. (Warning: Language NSFW)
The main point of idiocy is for the smart to have their lulz. Without human idiocy, trolling would not exist, and that's uncool, since a large part of my entertainment consists of mocking the absurdity and dumbassery of the world, especially the Internet.-MaggotMaster

AyrYntake
Sahaquiel
Sahaquiel

•      
  •      

Postby AyrYntake » Thu Jun 26, 2008 9:09 am

Gamer_2k4 wrote:Unit 4: Destroyed randomly, so it couldn't have been THAT powerful.

Not quite. The destruction of EVA-04 came about as a result of the experimental implementation of an S2 (super-solenoid) engine that was similar to, if not the same as, the cores found in the Angels, so had it been successfully activated, it would have been able to carry on indefinitely without a power supply (as seen in the mass-produced EVA-05 models. EVA-01 in its normal state would probably have trouble dealing with that.

Gamer_2k4 wrote:That nuclear tool: All it did was walk. Not so spectacular.

Again, bear in mind that Jet Alone's impolite, prolonged stroll was caused by deliberate sabotage from NERV, and not actually intended by its (undeniably rather dumb) creators.

That said, I think the following should wrap up the argument:
V wrote:unquestionably, Eva-01 FOLLOWING her S2 Organ upgrade became the most powerful Evangelion.

Didn't we hear in the next episode that EVA-01 had basically become God (what SEELE were particularly annoyed about)? Surely by then its AT Field and such powers would have rendered all the technology about it obsolete. Even EVA-02's supreme weapons and Asuka's skill (she is supposedly the most skilled pilot) would count for nothing against a post-Zeruel EVA-01
Cirrus, Socrates, particle, decibel, hurricane, dolphin, tulip

asukafan11
Embryo

•      
  •      

Postby asukafan11 » Sat Jan 24, 2009 6:28 pm

unit-01 overall, since Shinji never had anything disturbing happen with his mother, he was able to perform the most overall.
but in a perfect evaverse, probably unit-02.
"See, your problem is since your cute, no one tells you to shut up."
"You think i'm cute?"
"SHUT UP!"

Ornette
Administrator
Administrator

•      
  •      

Postby Ornette » Sat Jan 24, 2009 6:32 pm

asukafan11 wrote:unit-01 overall, since Shinji never had anything disturbing happen with his mother, he was able to perform the most overall.

The loss of his mother isn't disturbing? He was right there when it happened. It was disturbing enough for Shinji to block the memory out and Misato to make a fuss when Ritsuko tried to remind him.

NemZ
Token Misanthrope
Token Misanthrope

•      
  •      

Postby NemZ » Sat Jan 24, 2009 7:28 pm

01, no question. Other evas can go berserker and keep functioning despite ridiculous levels of damage, but only 01 ever insta-heals itself, usually at the expense of its opposition's limbs!

Pilot also makes a huge difference. Asuka is the best technically by miles and would beat him absolutely senseless in sparring matches, but her fire burns out when her plans fail against real opponents whereas Shinji takes it to 11. Asuka fights to impress others, Shinji fights to protect others.

While Rei may be retardly powerful, she and 00 never make a significant showing. 03 gets PWND by 01 even with angel haxor powers. 04 can't handle an S2, but 01 litterally eats them for breakfast. The 05 series is not especially impressive, needing 9 of them with "kewl weaponz" to take on one other eva, and if not for the fire support taking out her power cable they still might have lost... epic fail.
Rest In Peace ~ 1978 - 2017
"I'd consider myself a realist, alright? but in philosophical terms I'm what's called a pessimist. It means I'm bad at parties." - Rust Cohle
"Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize that half of 'em are stupider than that." - George Carlin
"The internet: It's like a training camp for never amounting to anything." - Oglaf
"I think internet message boards and the like are dangerous." - Anno

asukafan11
Embryo

•      
  •      

Postby asukafan11 » Sun Jan 25, 2009 2:12 pm

Ornette wrote:
asukafan11 wrote:unit-01 overall, since Shinji never had anything disturbing happen with his mother, he was able to perform the most overall.

The loss of his mother isn't disturbing? He was right there when it happened. It was disturbing enough for Shinji to block the memory out.

he WAS able to block it out. Asuka's image stayed with her for a LONG LONG time. do you see what i'm saying?
"See, your problem is since your cute, no one tells you to shut up."
"You think i'm cute?"
"SHUT UP!"

Reichu
Admin Emeritus
Admin Emeritus

•      
  •      

Postby Reichu » Sun Jan 25, 2009 4:05 pm

asukafan11 wrote:he WAS able to block it out. Asuka's image stayed with her for a LONG LONG time. do you see what i'm saying?

They both had shitty childhoods, they both attempted to repress various memories with varying degrees of success, they both eventually got to face the music...

This thread is dumb. Vote for Eva-01!
さらば、全てのEvaGeeks。
「滅びの運命は新生の喜びでもある」
Departure Message | The Arqa Apocrypha: An Evangelion Analysis Blog

the great jamrar
Embryo

Re: What is the most powerful Eva?

•      
  •      

Postby the great jamrar » Tue Jan 28, 2020 12:45 pm

actually, i found out that unit 01 and 00 are more powerful than unit 02, but 02 is much more versatile and adaptable to its environment, it also can equip a lot more different equipments than unit 01 or 00. But individually and without different equipment and stuff, unit 00 and 01 are more powerful than 02.

Blockio
Committeeperson
Committeeperson

•      
  •      

Postby Blockio » Tue Jan 28, 2020 4:41 pm

Now that's a thread revive, lol. :resurrect:

01 is definitely the most powerful out of the bunch in the TV canon (debatable in NTE), at the end of EoE it is an outright god. Almighty. Nothing it can't do. No amount of it-could-go-berserk-as-well comes even close to that.
As for 00 vs 02 - 02 is objectively the better machine. There was a reason it was built the way it was - 01 is an exception due to the circumstances of its creation, but 02 is, plain and simple, an improvement over 00 in almost every aspect.

The other Evas don't really matter for that discussion, as we have never seen their extent of power in canon; even the MPs only ever engaged in basic hand to hand combat (almost) without any ATF use, and then were involved in 3I, so there really is no way of telling the power of each individual unit
I can see why Gendo hired Misato to do the actual commanding. He tried it once and did an appalling job. ~ AWinters
Your point of view is horny, and biased. ~ glitz2hard
What about titty-ten? ~ Reichu
The movies function on their own terms. If people can't accept them on those terms, and keep expecting them to be NGE, then they probably should have realized a while ago that they weren't going to have a good time. ~ Words of wisdom courtesy of Reichu

ROOK13
Embryo

•      
  •      

Postby ROOK13 » Thu Apr 09, 2020 6:19 am

If you say the original series,then i would say,most def post zeruel unit 1.
But you guys think about rebuild,then why not unit 13?I mean it is 4 armed,drone equipped,huge and also can become god(awakened state). And if the pilots are Asuka and mari along with beast mode(i know i am just fanwanking at this stage),then it can bang 10 eva-1 simultaniously.sorry, if you guys think i am wrong.
Sympathy for seeds of life

Blockio
Committeeperson
Committeeperson

•      
  •      

Postby Blockio » Thu Apr 09, 2020 6:33 am

I have no idea what Asuka or Mari have to do with how powerful Eva 13 is.

Also do not underestimate Unit 01; there is a reason it was under containment throughout all of Q.
I can see why Gendo hired Misato to do the actual commanding. He tried it once and did an appalling job. ~ AWinters
Your point of view is horny, and biased. ~ glitz2hard
What about titty-ten? ~ Reichu
The movies function on their own terms. If people can't accept them on those terms, and keep expecting them to be NGE, then they probably should have realized a while ago that they weren't going to have a good time. ~ Words of wisdom courtesy of Reichu

ROOK13
Embryo

•      
  •      

Postby ROOK13 » Thu Apr 09, 2020 6:54 am

Because who the pilot is also matters.i mean Shinji or Rei couldn't have done so damage to the mp evas as Asuka did.and from my POV,mari and Asuka are better at piloting than anyone else.(kaworu is a different case.he can basically do anything with an eva).so if mari and Asuka pilots eva 13,i think they can reveal its true potential.
And i said eva 1 is best until 3.0 . After watching the 13.......

Just leave it.I know i can't argue with you guys all day.I'm just telling what my mind thinks,so prove me wrong whenever you want.
*sigh*
Sympathy for seeds of life

Return to “Evangelion General and Chit-Chat”