Moderators: Rebuild/OT Moderators, Board Staff

EvaCub
Ireul
Ireul

Code Geass: The Power Of Kings

•      
  •      

Postby EvaCub » Fri Jan 23, 2009 12:01 pm

I'm working on a script for a live action adaptation of Code Geass. My goal is to actually become a director a make a great adaptation of this series without taking liberties to the plot, characthers, etc. The only thing i want to add to the script that is not in the series is Niccolo Machiavelli refrences here and there.

Mainly i want to do this because it is something that makes sense, and frankly Lelouch is a very Machiavellian leader. Also a major theme in the series is, what makes a good leader.

Visual motifs i would like to have in a lot of shots would be Clocks (representing the world of C) Masks (deception/double lifes) and eyes (wishes/geass)

Purpose of the thread
Im wondering how many of you would like to give me feedback as i compose this? I also am looking for a concept artists, that i will be more than willing to advertise because frankly my drawing skills are rheudimentary lol

Script Site
Last edited by EvaCub on Fri Jan 23, 2009 4:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
My Anime List
Apjak:"Basically, to make an A.T. field gun, you'd have to make a gun that fires Evangelions. Not a very efficient use.
SailorStarDust:"No, everything has SOME meaning to it in Eva!"
Reichu on Sequel Theory:lights bandwagon on fire again:

ZapX
Guided by the New Era
Guided by the New Era

•      
  •      

Postby ZapX » Fri Jan 23, 2009 1:24 pm

:|. Well, good luck to you.
ʕ•ᴥ•ʔ"Stop watching anime. it makes you think all girls are incredibly hot and shy, and there are 10 that all want your boner which just isn't true." -Brik-aniki

"I CAN'T HELP IT THAT I WANT TO EAT MY OWN VULVA AND SHARE IT WITH A LOVED ONE!"-Reichu

"I have a fetish for naked women with stigmata playing ping pong in the mud. Is there a name for that?" -Kaiser O-Ornette-dono-sama

“Don’t do that; that was probably hooker money.” -SSD on me holding money with my mouth

slothen
First Ancestral Sloth
First Ancestral Sloth

Re: Code Geass: The Power Of Kings

•      
  •      

Postby slothen » Fri Jan 23, 2009 2:13 pm

EvaCub wrote:My goal is to actually become a director a make a great adaptation of this series without taking liberties to the plot, characthers, etc.

Here's your problem. Your pen should be a scalpel to carve out all the shit that riddles an otherwise good story.
God, Apparently you all have been discussing Q since November. Catching up on the discussion is harrowing.

MAL Profile

EvaCub
Ireul
Ireul

•      
  •      

Postby EvaCub » Fri Jan 23, 2009 4:56 pm

My bad
I meant to say taking liberties to the story
I'm planing to write a quartet of these scripts making it a series

1.Code Geass:The Power Of Kings
2.Code Geass:<working>
3:Code Geass:Wishes
4.Code Geass: Zero Requiem

The first story arc would be one and two
The second story arc the last two.

Im still writing the story as if set in Japan about Britania invading. I dont want to change the characthers names either. Mostly I would be changing which events make the story what it is. For Example, The Ashford academy festival might not make the cut over things like Mao.

Does anyone know how to block cut,copy,paste from blogspot?
Mainly i dont want anyone to be able to take my posts and post them somewhere else. I tried searching google but cant find good search words, Help?
My Anime List
Apjak:"Basically, to make an A.T. field gun, you'd have to make a gun that fires Evangelions. Not a very efficient use.

slothen
First Ancestral Sloth
First Ancestral Sloth

•      
  •      

Postby slothen » Fri Jan 23, 2009 6:26 pm

EvaCub wrote:Mostly I would be changing which events make the story what it is. For Example, The Ashford academy festival might not make the cut over things like Mao.

But, Mao is worthless. Any needed character development in the two Mao episodes could pretty easily be covered in other ways. Making the Shirley subplot less complicated is a plus, the Suzaku/Lelouch development could be done in another way. Getting rid of the whole 'he came back the very next episode' bs would also be good. The Mao episodes do have some good stuff in them, but are ultimately irrelevant to the rest of the story. Also the Ashford Academy stuff is good.

Even Peter Jackson had to leave out Tom Bombadil.
God, Apparently you all have been discussing Q since November. Catching up on the discussion is harrowing.

MAL Profile

EvaCub
Ireul
Ireul

•      
  •      

Postby EvaCub » Sat Jan 24, 2009 6:34 pm

good Peter Jackson point
Mao bugged me personally
shirley is important but not as much as other things. Im trying to cut out a little of the geass stuff, mostly because it could confuse people
id like to have the sword of ashka/ ragnarok in the script

There is VERY good n important criteria in the ashford scenes
im just bad at balancing serious an dramedy together
My Anime List

Return to “Anime and Manga”