It's 2009, and Evabeast is still down

Yeah. You read right. This is for everything that doesn't have anything to do with Eva.

Moderators: Rebuild/OT Moderators, Board Staff

Vegeta 20XX
XX0↊ ɐʇǝƃǝɅ

It's 2009, and Evabeast is still down

•      
  •      

Postby Vegeta 20XX » Fri Jan 02, 2009 1:48 am

Ever since I joined the Evabeast.com forums in October 5th, 2007, it was my home-away-from-home, even though half of the forum hated me there (much like my family did at the time). It was my first forum, and I was one of the more active members there (others were Ayanami 42, Pickleman, Seniferol, Angelbeast, and still others), and I learned a lot about forum etiquette, though I got put on moderated posting in the process. Hence, it made me sad when I went there to find that Seniferol took it down, with the hopes that when it relaunches redone, it will get more activity. This was several months ago (I believe before summer started). Now, in the new year, Evabeast is still down (if it was still up, you guys here at Evageeks wouldn't have the misfortune of dealing with me), making me wonder why Seniferol hasn't relaunched Evabeast yet. Hence, I make this topic in the hopes that some of the members here were part of Evabeast at some point, for a little rememberance thing.
Avatar: Apophis' shifty-looking gaze as he invades the SGC.
Vegeta 20XX: Actually pixelated, and the self proclaimed "King of the screw up". - Fazmotron
The most awesome thing ever. Seriously.
I witnessed a young girl ohhh about 12 years of age or so fall off a snowbank then proceed to say "Fuck you snowhill that hurt" - Dataprime
For those who put things like "Chuckman x Chuckmen" and "Follower of the Chuckman x Chuckman pairing" in their signatures: All you need is fuck.

slothen
First Ancestral Sloth
First Ancestral Sloth

Re: It's 2009, and Evabeast is still down

•      
  •      

Postby slothen » Fri Jan 02, 2009 2:27 am

Never heard of the place.

Vegeta 20XX wrote:I learned a lot about forum etiquette, though I got put on moderated posting in the process.

:rolleyes:
God, Apparently you all have been discussing Q since November. Catching up on the discussion is harrowing.

MAL Profile

Vegeta 20XX
XX0↊ ɐʇǝƃǝɅ

•      
  •      

Postby Vegeta 20XX » Fri Jan 02, 2009 2:43 am

Look, if you saw my posts at Mugen Guild, then you would have a reason to believe me.

It's ironic, Evangelion was/is my first obsession, and is still my biggest one, but I behave like a shithead at every Evangelion forum I'm a member of, while I am a respected contributor at a Mugen forum (Mugen not being an obsession at the moment).

Maybe it's because I'm still a kid (as much as it kills me to say so), and I behave accordingly where I would rather not. Either that, or it's because the average Evangelion otaku is a super-serious-Asuka-worshipping-fanboy/girl, and considering that I'm close to the opposite of that roughly seventy-five percent of the time (I'm an impatient-joking-but-annoying-Rei-worshipping-fanboy, and occasionally an asshole-who-enjoys-stringing-mind-boggling-amounts-of-words-with-short-dashes-to-describe-personal-attributes).

That, and I'm a Street Fighter fanboy. Ansatsuken and Instrumentality don't mix very well.

Now back to the topic at hand.
Vegeta 20XX: Actually pixelated, and the self proclaimed "King of the screw up". - Fazmotron
I witnessed a young girl ohhh about 12 years of age or so fall off a snowbank then proceed to say "Fuck you snowhill that hurt" - Dataprime
For those who put things like "Chuckman x Chuckmen" and "Follower of the Chuckman x Chuckman pairing" in their signatures: All you need is fuck.

Joseph the PRPD
Elder God
Elder God

•      
  •      

Postby Joseph the PRPD » Fri Jan 02, 2009 9:18 am

Maintenance crews are working on the website?
Cheese wheel in the U.S. Coast Guard.

Vegeta 20XX
XX0↊ ɐʇǝƃǝɅ

•      
  •      

Postby Vegeta 20XX » Fri Jan 02, 2009 9:53 am

Apparently. I am rather doubtful that Evabeast will be back. It's been eleven months now...

Reichu
Admin Emeritus
Admin Emeritus

•      
  •      

Postby Reichu » Fri Jan 02, 2009 10:04 am

slothen wrote:Never heard of the place.
さらば、全てのEvaGeeks。
「滅びの運命は新生の喜びでもある」
Departure Message | The Arqa Apocrypha: An Evangelion Analysis Blog

Ironfoot
Armisael
Armisael

•      
  •      

Postby Ironfoot » Fri Jan 02, 2009 11:19 am

I used to go there about 2 years ago, but I wasn't a regular and left after only a few months. Forgot about it after a while, but the memory of visiting that place popped up recently. I was in a RP there at the time, it had Kaji (me) and Misato piloting the Evangelion at the end of the world...or something like that.

If you're really worried, I'd email Seniferol to see what's going on. But yeah, the site looks to be on indefinite hold if it's been at that page for nearly a year now.

ZapX
Guided by the New Era
Guided by the New Era

•      
  •      

Postby ZapX » Fri Jan 02, 2009 12:45 pm

:rolleyes:
ʕ•ᴥ•ʔ"Stop watching anime. it makes you think all girls are incredibly hot and shy, and there are 10 that all want your boner which just isn't true." -Brik-aniki

"I CAN'T HELP IT THAT I WANT TO EAT MY OWN VULVA AND SHARE IT WITH A LOVED ONE!"-Reichu

"I have a fetish for naked women with stigmata playing ping pong in the mud. Is there a name for that?" -Kaiser O-Ornette-dono-sama

“Don’t do that; that was probably hooker money.” -SSD on me holding money with my mouth

V
Banned

•      
  •      

Postby V » Fri Jan 02, 2009 1:58 pm

never heard of it
Who is "Codename V"?....
I'm pleased to meet you and I hope you guessed my name, but what's puzzling you, is the nature of my game...so catch me if you can!! (0:50)
"Superior ability breeds superior ambition" -- Spock, Star Trek TOS episode 1.24 "Space Seed"
You say you say you want a REvolution?...
-->It was only after I lost everything, that I realized: I was free to do anything...

Defectron
Tentacle Girl
Tentacle Girl

•      
  •      

Postby Defectron » Fri Jan 02, 2009 2:01 pm

Never heard of it either. Probably its still down because no one knows about it.
Parasite Galaxy: An experimental webcomic

http://www.parasitegalaxy.com/ Updates Monday and Thursday. Vote for me on top webcomics

If you want to support this comic buy something from me on amazon

Vegeta 20XX
XX0↊ ɐʇǝƃǝɅ

•      
  •      

Postby Vegeta 20XX » Fri Jan 02, 2009 2:50 pm

Ironfoot wrote:If you're really worried, I'd email Seniferol to see what's going on. But yeah, the site looks to be on indefinite hold if it's been at that page for nearly a year now.

That would make my day. Alternatively, PM me with his email and I'll ask him.

Optimally both, so I can keep in touch with at least one personn from Evabeast.

The Eva Monkey
IT'S OVER 9000!!!
IT'S OVER 9000!!!

•      
  •      

Postby The Eva Monkey » Fri Jan 02, 2009 11:06 pm

I remember Evabeast, however, I haven't been there in ages. I'm actually surprised it isn't totally gone.

Sachi
Oh Daddy!
Oh Daddy!

•      
  •      

Postby Sachi » Fri Jan 02, 2009 11:23 pm

Reichu wrote:
- Sachi

I host the discord server for the EvaGeeks forums. Join us! https://discord.gg/aBQ3F6M9yp

Vegeta 20XX
XX0↊ ɐʇǝƃǝɅ

•      
  •      

Postby Vegeta 20XX » Sat Jan 03, 2009 2:08 am

The Eva Monkey wrote:I remember Evabeast, however, I haven't been there in ages. I'm actually surprised it isn't totally gone.

Could you define "ages"? I'm not trying to be an ass, just curious.

Hunter21
Pilot
Pilot

•      
  •      

Postby Hunter21 » Sat Jan 03, 2009 7:34 am

Everyone Else wrote:Never heard of the place.
EVANGERIONANIME is stupid

Come Join the Sakaki Fan Club!

Remember you're on Evageeks, where preset personal delusions outweigh reality.

Sailor Star Dust
Kept you waiting, huh?
Kept you waiting, huh?

•      
  •      

Postby Sailor Star Dust » Sat Jan 03, 2009 8:11 pm

I've heard of the name, but think it might have been linked to on a fanfic site. That's all I know about it though.
~Take care of yourself, I need you~

The Eva Monkey
IT'S OVER 9000!!!
IT'S OVER 9000!!!

•      
  •      

Postby The Eva Monkey » Sat Jan 03, 2009 8:22 pm

Vegeta 20XX wrote:
The Eva Monkey wrote:I remember Evabeast, however, I haven't been there in ages. I'm actually surprised it isn't totally gone.

Could you define "ages"? I'm not trying to be an ass, just curious.

AGES.

Zeak
Eva Technician
Eva Technician

•      
  •      

Postby Zeak » Sat Jan 03, 2009 8:55 pm

Before you know it the domain will be up for grabs and there will be notihg at all, notihg at all, notihg at all...

Sorry had to do it
Writer and Lead animator of Cold Heart
webpage

Dartz
Eva Technician
Eva Technician

•      
  •      

Postby Dartz » Sat Jan 03, 2009 9:39 pm

Stupid sexy Kawaoru.

If Evamade managed to last this long, the beast may well come back. I had heard of it, but never thought to actually go there. I mean, I'd heard of Evamonkey, but never bothered to register there either.
-------m(^0^)m------ Wot, no sig?

Deathmask
Lilith

•      
  •      

Postby Deathmask » Sun Jan 04, 2009 12:27 am

Oh my dear God I lol'd
<X> i dropped my book for this conversation
<ZapalacX> i dropped my pants for this conversation
<Anti> I wasn't serious.
<ZapalacX> i was
<ZapalacX> i'm not even joking